Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,237 members, 7,807,788 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:17 PM

Is This The True Consequence Of Not Giving Offering In Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is This The True Consequence Of Not Giving Offering In Church? (21768 Views)

Man Caught Stealing Money From Church's Offering In Ghana (video) / Church That Uses Calabash With Red Pieces To Collect Offering In Nigeria (Video) / Man Caught Stealing From Church Offering In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This The True Consequence Of Not Giving Offering In Church? by Sermwell(m): 7:18am On Oct 02, 2016
Before I stopped going to church, I was living with a very stingy religious uncle who gives me #500 or #1000 for offering every sunday! But the truth was that I have never given the money to church! I had always removed the money and submitted empty envelops!
Just this morning, our house was on "fire" just because I said I wasn't going to church again and in the course of the heated argument, I told them how I had never even paid offering even when the money was given to me!
My parents became mad at me and saying that if I don't go and beg for forgiveness and pay all those money, that the cancerworm and caterpillars will "chop" all the money me and my generation will ever make! Personally, I just believe all those things are trash but the way my dad was saying it convincingly and trying to quote the bible makes me want to ask if those curses are true for "chopping god's money"

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This The True Consequence Of Not Giving Offering In Church? by DeSepiero(m): 7:43am On Oct 02, 2016
Sermwell:
Before I stopped going to church, I was living with a very stingy religious uncle who gives me #500 or #1000 for offering every sunday! But the truth was that I have never given the money to church! I had always removed the money and submitted empty envelops!
Just this morning, our house was on "fire" just because I said I wasn't going to church again and in the course of the heated argument, I told them how I had never even paid offering even when the money was given to me!
My parents became mad at me and saying that if I don't go and beg for forgiveness and pay all those money, that the cancerworm and caterpillars will "chop" all the money me and my generation will ever make! Personally, I just believe all those things are trash but the way my dad was saying it convincingly and trying to quote the bible makes me want to ask if those curses are true for "chopping god's money"

Cc: lalasticlala
Cc: seun

Don't worry, you'll be fine smiley
There are principles of making and keeping wealth.
If you follow them, you'll most probably be wealthy.
By the way, countless people are not Christians, and obviously don't give offerings in churches but are still wealthy.

83 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is This The True Consequence Of Not Giving Offering In Church? by EniHolar(f): 7:44am On Oct 02, 2016
Re: Is This The True Consequence Of Not Giving Offering In Church? by kaycexx(m): 7:44am On Oct 02, 2016
I don't argue religious stuffs.

give to Ceaser what belongs to Ceaser and to God what belongs to God.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is This The True Consequence Of Not Giving Offering In Church? by honourhim: 9:31am On Oct 02, 2016
Sermwell:

Cc: lalasticlala
Cc: seun

What you did was fraud. You were given money for a specific purpose and you diverted it to your personal pocket. That's bad and whatever the owner of the money (your parents) pronounce on you will happen. If it is your own money, you can do whatever you like with it. Offerimg is not a must.

52 Likes

Re: Is This The True Consequence Of Not Giving Offering In Church? by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 02, 2016
1. Before I stopped going to church.
You better retrace your step on that!

2. I was living with a very stingy religious uncle who gives me #500 or #1000 for offering every Sunday!
Okay, u call someone who puts roof on your head and still gives #500 or #1000 every Sunday "stingy"?
Oga. you are actually an ingrate.

3. But the truth was that I have never given the money to church!
That makes you a THIEF sir.

4. I had always removed the money and submitted empty envelops!
This is one of the reasons Dave referred to Nigerians as FANTASTICALLY CORRUPT. And I have an issue with you having a conscience at all.

5. Just this morning, our house was on "fire" just because I said I wasn't going to church again.
And you still live with your parents And you think you can the shots - Wake up boy.

6. and in the course of the heated argument,
You argue with your parents?? Wow. I hop your child doesn't argue wit you too.

7. I told them how I had never even paid offering even when the money was given to me!
You actually did that against your will... When Karma prepares dinner... she serves you with a portion that manipulates your senses before the actual meal.

8. My parents became mad at me and saying that if I don't go and beg for forgiveness and pay all those money, that the cancerworm and caterpillars will "chop" all the money me and my generation will ever make.
For calling your Uncle stingy, your parents were even lenient with their judgement.

9. I just believe all those things are trash...
Ow... so you think

10. but the way my dad was saying it convincingly (Now boy-o-boy is scared as sh*t)

11. and trying to quote the bible makes me want to ask if those curses are true
You guys must think nairaland is a refuse disposal center where you bring all manner of junks to bother people's life.

12. for "chopping god's money"
I see the quote, sarcasm I guess. Well, I don't have a problem with that.. what I have a problem with is you spelling "God" with a small letter!!

Boss. In as much as I don't want to further complicate your already screwed up Sunday, I tell you, the best thing I can say is that you need a conscience ASAP. unfortunately they don't sell them on eBay.

You call uncle stingy, you argue with daddy and mummy, you steal from God, make a joke out of it and deceive people with an empty envelop and then you run to nairaland hoping to find answers to a dumb question you already have the answer to. you are further complicating your issue.

Go listen to Kendrick Lamar's Sing About Me/I'm Dying of Thirst and repeat the prayer that was said at the end.
then turn a new leaf!

151 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Is This The True Consequence Of Not Giving Offering In Church? by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 02, 2016
First of all you disobeyed God by robbing him and secondly, whether your uncle is stingy or not you disobeyed him. Go and ask God for forgiveness, else! I repeat else!

Bro you don't make mockery of God! You have no reason to justify your action. Whether the church pastor is fake or not you are not giving your money to him but rather to God. Christ is the church and not any pastor of member. Every church belong to Christ.

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is This The True Consequence Of Not Giving Offering In Church? by d33types: 9:44am On Oct 02, 2016
giving offering isnt a must. You can decide not to give your own money.its your own headache.

But in this case, your action is pure fraud whether it was done against God or Man.
You are liable to God's wrath or Karma whichever is applicable.

Make restitutions and live your life

4 Likes

Re: Is This The True Consequence Of Not Giving Offering In Church? by Princelegacylemoha(m): 9:44am On Oct 02, 2016
Oga you no try at all , Atleast you would have giving the little you can according to your ability , God knows our heart , and perhaps he knows what we go through , you give what you have , but in this case oga na robber you be ooo
Person give you money to give person
You come chop the money finish
You know even reason give the person small
You no try sir
I hope my pidgin insnt that bad

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This The True Consequence Of Not Giving Offering In Church? by freecocoa(f): 9:46am On Oct 02, 2016
What sort of fuvckery is this one biko?

Like if God was real, he would actually need your money? Someone who supposedly created something as magnificent as the whole world, abi na him suppose give person money sef, mschew.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This The True Consequence Of Not Giving Offering In Church? by allanphash7(m): 9:46am On Oct 02, 2016
They have succeded in brainwashing your parent and your pareants are working tirelessy in brainshing you so that you can do the same to your children and the brainwashing continues

RELIGION IS NOTHING BUT A SCAM !!!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This The True Consequence Of Not Giving Offering In Church? by sarahade(f): 9:47am On Oct 02, 2016
Offering no be by force o. You don't have to pay any money back, you did what is right by telling the truth you are justified.

Go in peace my brother

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This The True Consequence Of Not Giving Offering In Church? by Nobody: 9:47am On Oct 02, 2016
@Op God is your father, and you chop your father's money, no worries bro! grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Is This The True Consequence Of Not Giving Offering In Church? by BrightEye(m): 9:48am On Oct 02, 2016
If you can be able to gain your uncle's forgiveness, then that's all. But if not not, be ready to face the consequence, which doesn't generate from offending God but your uncle (or otherwise the pastor, off course), this is because God and church are NOT the same

1 Like

Re: Is This The True Consequence Of Not Giving Offering In Church? by Johnrake69: 9:48am On Oct 02, 2016
Is it even necessary to give someone money for offering? If the person doesn't earn money, I see no reason for it. We are just too religious while our faith is less than an inch deep.

The said uncle is just too religious. What stops him from placing the op on a monthly allowance and make the op understand that from the allowance he should always take out his offering?

Many of us condemning the op are just part of the problem. Let me ask what do churches use our offering for?
1. Engage in never ending church building projects when more than half of their members are homeless.

2. Maintain the lavish lifestyle of the G.O. many of the G.O have personal houses in almost all the states in Nigeria. Etc

Now, not to talk of the politics in the church. I once worshipped in a local assembly where 85% of the tithe and offering from the branch is remitted to the regional quarters. So the local assembly retains just 15% meanwhile my hope was that some of that money should be used to take care of the very poor among us in the local assembly. Churches operate a cutthroat capitalist system where the local assembly are made to starve just so that the head quarters can overfloor. The system of exploitation we complain of in our economy is strongly rooted in our churches today.

What is true religion? James 1:27
Pure and undefiled religion before God the Father is this: to care for orphans and widows in their misfortune and to keep oneself unstained by the world.

Clearly, our churches have lost focus. It's all about church building projects that is unending. I believe in other to re-position the church to be Christ like who was selfless, we the members have to speak up to address some of these issues.

If the Christ was alive today, he would definitely had commanded that some church building should be converted to residential building in order to house the homeless.

9 Likes

Re: Is This The True Consequence Of Not Giving Offering In Church? by Generalkorex(m): 9:48am On Oct 02, 2016
Lol
Re: Is This The True Consequence Of Not Giving Offering In Church? by EMMYLBANKS(m): 9:49am On Oct 02, 2016
What is this offering nd tithe of a thing are they going to God...am a christian bt can't remember when i gv my offering last because i believe anytin that is nt on the 10 commandment of God can't move me

4 Likes

Re: Is This The True Consequence Of Not Giving Offering In Church? by Nobody: 9:49am On Oct 02, 2016
Sermwell:

cheesy ..."for chopping God's money"

that's so funny

even if u had dropped those offerings without good intentions ,unwillingness and without being cheerful , they wouldn't be accepted ...

ask God to give u grace and a heart of giving ...that's the most important thing u need to do .

"Givers never lack " that's the principle behind the cankerworm and caterpillar I think...it's a principle of life ,keeping religion aside ..

Op learn to Give no matter how little u have

3 Likes

Re: Is This The True Consequence Of Not Giving Offering In Church? by Raymysterio(m): 9:49am On Oct 02, 2016
Calm down.
Truth is, like someone said, they are Principle in relation to wealth. If you follow them, you will be wealthy.
Again Jesus said, give to Ceaser what belongs to Ceaser (i.e. money, task, blah blah blah) and give yourself to God.
What this is telling you is, Offerings and tithe WONT take you to heaven.
Your righteousness will. Remember, righteousness IS NOT some sets of religious principles that you must follow. Righteousness is how God regard you. it has nothing to do with paying offering and tithe.
Lastly, Bible says... "Children obey your parents in the Lord for this is right. Honour your father and mother for this is the first commandment given with Promise...that you may live long." Your parents, been the vehicle that brought you here, IF they keep to their own responsibilities as parents, could place a curse on you... So obey your pops man. Apologize to your Uncle... As for the offerings, ask God for forgiveness... If you have, you give. if you are given to give, then give.

2 Likes

Re: Is This The True Consequence Of Not Giving Offering In Church? by thunderbabs: 9:49am On Oct 02, 2016
YOU VE NOT BEEN DROPPING OFFERINGS B4 GOD, Buhari must here this.....EFCC must be copied likewise.
Whoeva you are, you no fear God, and i dont feel sorry 4u coz while some are praying to have to give to God, you are privileged and do not give.

Grace is still available though.
Re: Is This The True Consequence Of Not Giving Offering In Church? by justwise(m): 9:49am On Oct 02, 2016
Sermwell:

Ask your parents why pastors who live big on offering money are getting richer by day.

1 Like

Re: Is This The True Consequence Of Not Giving Offering In Church? by datopaper(m): 9:49am On Oct 02, 2016
Getting rich, die trying, that is the principle
Re: Is This The True Consequence Of Not Giving Offering In Church? by owanguy(m): 9:49am On Oct 02, 2016
U DON EAT UR FUTURE MONEY FINISH

Wait for the consequence.......

1 Like

Re: Is This The True Consequence Of Not Giving Offering In Church? by APCsupporter: 9:49am On Oct 02, 2016
I'm a Muslim and I don't give any offering against my wish and I'm still fine and well today. Op, don't mind them. Enjoy your money. That money was meant for one pot-bellied pastor to enjoy and not for God

4 Likes

Re: Is This The True Consequence Of Not Giving Offering In Church? by ceejay80s(m): 9:49am On Oct 02, 2016
Na by force to pay offering?
Abeg make una free the guy, dem go use ur money build schools wey ur children no fit afford to go, dem go use ur money buy private jets , dem go dey live luxurious life while u go still dey drink garri,
I am done with church life, I still love God and will try to keep his commandments, that enough will take me to heaven
I prefer to go to orphanage homes and give them the money or give to very poor people (not lazy people)....
Quote me with a curse and let thunder descend on u

Edited:

Op ,If u were given the money for offering purpose, then go and pay it, but if its ur own money from ur own pocket, do wetin u like

2 Likes

Re: Is This The True Consequence Of Not Giving Offering In Church? by stam101(m): 9:50am On Oct 02, 2016
u and I know its very wrong for u to eat God's money, but so long as u confess and repent from it God is ever ready to forgive u....

1 Like

Re: Is This The True Consequence Of Not Giving Offering In Church? by akaahs(m): 9:52am On Oct 02, 2016
Bros u better go ask for forgiveness and do the needful.
Re: Is This The True Consequence Of Not Giving Offering In Church? by justwise(m): 9:52am On Oct 02, 2016
Stelvin101:
First of all you disobeyed God by robbing him and secondly, whether your uncle is stingy or not you disobeyed him. Go and ask God for forgiveness, else! I repeat else!

Bro you don't make mockery of God! You have no reason to justify your action. Whether the church pastor is fake or not you are not giving your money to him but rather to God. Christ is the church and not any pastor of member. Every church belong to Christ.

.. and all the money belong to greedy pastors

2 Likes

Re: Is This The True Consequence Of Not Giving Offering In Church? by Emmahunk(m): 9:52am On Oct 02, 2016
First, you were STEALING God's money every Sunday (see Malachai 3:cool, then you stopped going to church (forsake ye not the gathering of the brethren).
Guy, like someone already adviced, just choose another religion for yourself and stop deceiving yourself of being a Christian.
The Bible says that God will spew out of his mouth those that are neither hot nor cold.
It's okay to kid with every stuff but not God's 'word'.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This The True Consequence Of Not Giving Offering In Church? by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 02, 2016
I am a Christian, all na wash.

whatever will be, will be..

either you like it, or not, both good, and bad are part of human existence.. what will should be praying for is that the good should be more than bad, or evil..

payment of tithe, or offering isn't a complete proof from downfalls..

next..

3 Likes

Re: Is This The True Consequence Of Not Giving Offering In Church? by olutosfem(f): 9:55am On Oct 02, 2016
Our God is merciful
Re: Is This The True Consequence Of Not Giving Offering In Church? by itoldu: 9:55am On Oct 02, 2016
Pick up that bible of yours, read, study and digest it (don't just read one part and make conclusions/draw inferences). There are a lot of hidden truths in it that you might never hear from the altar. Our opinions in support/against what you've done should not matter to you. The Holy Spirit would teach you into all truth when you ask. In as much as you acknowledge to be a christian, the bible is all you need. "The manual"

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? / Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? / 5 Supernatural Experiences You Will Have When You Genuinely Encounter God...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.