Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,751 members, 7,802,302 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:09 PM

Why Can't Most Girls Compliment Another Beautiful Girls? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Can't Most Girls Compliment Another Beautiful Girls? (11449 Views)

Is It Wrong To Compliment Another Man's Wife Or Girlfriend? / 10 Things Most Girls Do When Going To Meet Their Boyfriends / Another Beautiful Couple (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Can't Most Girls Compliment Another Beautiful Girls? by rave2u: 4:36am On Oct 16, 2009
I'm not trying to generalize, but I've noticed a lot of them females find it hard complimenting another pretty female girl?

I just want to know why this is so? undecided
Re: Why Can't Most Girls Compliment Another Beautiful Girls? by ThoniaSlim(f): 4:42am On Oct 16, 2009
Well I kinda of agree with you. . .but not entirely true. . .I know a couple of girls that would never compliment another lady n I mean NEVER. . .instead they be hating. . .

When I see a girl looking good. . .I compliment her.  . .I see nothing wrong in doing so. . .I feel its girls who've got an inferiority complex who wouldn't wanna compliment a fellow girl. . .

I mean if you know you pretty n you look good in your own God given way. . .then complimenting another girl shouldn't be an issue at all. . .just my 2 cents. . .
Re: Why Can't Most Girls Compliment Another Beautiful Girls? by rave2u: 4:47am On Oct 16, 2009
ThoniaSlim:

Well I kinda of agree with you. . .but not entirely true. . .I know a couple of girls that would never compliment another lady n I mean NEVER. . .instead they be hating. . .

When I see a girl looking good. . .I compliment her.  . .I see nothing wrong in doing so. . .I feel its girls who've got an inferiority complex who wouldn't wanna compliment a fellow girl. . .

I mean if you know you pretty n you look good in your own God given way. . .then complimentinganother girl shouldn't be an issue at all. . .just my 2 cents. . .

Exactly my point! this is another reason why some females find it hard complimenting another girl. if you know you are hot, why can't you compliment another hot girl? I'm not saying the girls should have lesbian feelings but just compliment another good looking girl.
Re: Why Can't Most Girls Compliment Another Beautiful Girls? by OgidiBoy(m): 4:53am On Oct 16, 2009
Simple, girls are normally jealous of each other. it's called bad belle. Not all females are like that though. It's just not natural for guys to compliment each other cause that would be so freaking GAY.
Re: Why Can't Most Girls Compliment Another Beautiful Girls? by ThoniaSlim(f): 5:04am On Oct 16, 2009
OgidiBoy:

Simple, girls are normally jealous of each other. it's called bad belle. Not all females are like that though. It's just not natural for guys to compliment each other cause that would be so freaking GAY.

Ogidi. . .how would it be gay? You can tell a man. . . "bro you look good" I don't think there's anything gay about that? grin undecided
Re: Why Can't Most Girls Compliment Another Beautiful Girls? by POSAKOSA1(m): 5:10am On Oct 16, 2009
Pls STOP ALL direct or indirect sexist assertions. Do MEN GO AROUND COMPLIMENTING EACH OTHER ? undecided undecided undecided undecided

abeg carry go jor!
Re: Why Can't Most Girls Compliment Another Beautiful Girls? by OgidiBoy(m): 5:10am On Oct 16, 2009
ThoniaSlim:

Ogidi. . .how would it be gay? You can tell a man. . . "bro you look good" I don't think there's anything gay about that? grin undecided

Yeah right!! just imagine you a dude and some guy come up to you and tell you. . . "bro you look good"  shocked shocked girl if some dude approaches me like that, he'll have a black eye for real. I'm no gay hater as long as they don't try that shit on me we all good.
Re: Why Can't Most Girls Compliment Another Beautiful Girls? by Shola2009(m): 5:18am On Oct 16, 2009
simple laws of nature, Beautiful people are meant to hate other beautiful people!
Re: Why Can't Most Girls Compliment Another Beautiful Girls? by ThoniaSlim(f): 5:25am On Oct 16, 2009
OgidiBoy:

Yeah right!! just imagine you a dude and some guy come up to you and tell you. . . "bro you look good"  shocked shocked girl if some dude approaches me like that, he'll have a black eye for real. I'm no gay hater as long as they don't try that shit on me we all good.

lolzzz. . .Okkk. . .I get your point. . .lol grin grin grin

Hope you good though. . .been a while?
Re: Why Can't Most Girls Compliment Another Beautiful Girls? by OgidiBoy(m): 5:34am On Oct 16, 2009
I'm good dear and you?

I love the new pic on your profile, now I've seen the front and the back of you, I can now say you are one fine looking sister kiss cool
Re: Why Can't Most Girls Compliment Another Beautiful Girls? by babyx(f): 8:48am On Oct 16, 2009
@Poster
I can't explain why we ladies cant compliment each other when we look hot, i guess its a girl thing. For me i do give compliments, but i find my male friends wonder if am ok, anytime i draw their attention to a good look gal. smiley
Re: Why Can't Most Girls Compliment Another Beautiful Girls? by hollandis(f): 9:20am On Oct 16, 2009
All they do is consistently gawk at hot girls.I can't stand girls who compliment other girls.It is only natural for a man to pass compliments ,anything short of this is tanatamount to lesbianism.No wonder why I flow with pretty hot girls because of the confidence and poise they exhume.   kiss
Re: Why Can't Most Girls Compliment Another Beautiful Girls? by Nobody: 9:26am On Oct 16, 2009
POSAKOSA1:

Pls STOP ALL direct or indirect sexist assertions. Do MEN GO AROUND COMPLIMENTING EACH OTHER ? undecided undecided undecided undecided

abeg carry go jor!

Thank you jor. I would have made a comment but this thread is so biased againt women! Like its only women that exhibit jealousy!
Re: Why Can't Most Girls Compliment Another Beautiful Girls? by puskin: 9:40am On Oct 16, 2009
Complimenting another's looks whether male or female is so gayish. Yuuuck!!
U are beta off complimentìng the person's dress/attire.
Re: Why Can't Most Girls Compliment Another Beautiful Girls? by ThoniaSlim(f): 11:24am On Oct 16, 2009
OgidiBoy:

I'm good dear and you?

I love the new pic on your profile, now I've seen the front and the back of you, I can now say you are one fine looking sister kiss cool

AM great. . .loving my deepavali holiday. . .its a whole four days away from school. . .yippieeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!! grin

N thanx for the compliments sweet heart. . . kiss
Re: Why Can't Most Girls Compliment Another Beautiful Girls? by Nobody: 11:26am On Oct 16, 2009
Very wrong, girls compliment eachother. GUYS find it difficult to compliment other guys for fear that they may be called queens. wink
Re: Why Can't Most Girls Compliment Another Beautiful Girls? by POSAKOSA1(m): 11:29am On Oct 16, 2009
^^^^^^^ im sure u mean queer
Re: Why Can't Most Girls Compliment Another Beautiful Girls? by spikedcylinder: 11:50am On Oct 16, 2009
ThoniaSlim:

I feel its girls who've got an inferiority complex who wouldn't wanna compliment a fellow girl. . .

Errm, not really. Rather, I think its people with complexes that cannot take compliments in stride.

I've never and still don't have problems complimenting girls, I just know the kind of girls to compliment. Usually, the reaction of the complimented puts me off. You'd get stuff like :

Me: Hey, I like you dress, it really looks nice on you.
Her: I know

or

Me: What have you been eating? Makes your skin look great
Her: If I were you, I'd eat fruits for the rest of my life

or

Me: Hey, my boyfriend saw you the other day and said you are really pretty
Her: Do you think you're finer than me?

PS. I didn't make any of those conversations up, they actually happened! This is why I get miserly with my compliments.
Re: Why Can't Most Girls Compliment Another Beautiful Girls? by POSAKOSA1(m): 11:52am On Oct 16, 2009
spikedcylinder:

[color=#550000]

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin  <this one here is VERY popular> instead of saying Thank you.
Re: Why Can't Most Girls Compliment Another Beautiful Girls? by galatico(m): 12:05pm On Oct 16, 2009
Cuz they are simply jealous .
Re: Why Can't Most Girls Compliment Another Beautiful Girls? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Oct 16, 2009
POSAKOSA1:

^^^^^^^ im sure u mean queer
nah wink Queen is a short term for Drag-queen and most of them are you know what wink.
Re: Why Can't Most Girls Compliment Another Beautiful Girls? by r231(m): 12:11pm On Oct 16, 2009
galatico:

true
Re: Why Can't Most Girls Compliment Another Beautiful Girls? by spikedcylinder: 12:21pm On Oct 16, 2009
POSAKOSA1:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin  <this one here is VERY popular> instead of saying Thank you.

If the girl being complimented is joking then she has a good sense of humour. If she's darn serious, her mentality should be questioned.
Re: Why Can't Most Girls Compliment Another Beautiful Girls? by chic2pimp(m): 12:22pm On Oct 16, 2009
galatico:

Spot On. Jealousy is an incurable disease.
Re: Why Can't Most Girls Compliment Another Beautiful Girls? by ThoniaSlim(f): 12:23pm On Oct 16, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Errm, not really. Rather, I think its people with complexes that cannot take compliments in stride.

I've never and still don't have problems complimenting girls, I just know the kind of girls to compliment. Usually, the reaction of the complimented puts me off. You'd get stuff like :

or

Me: What have you been eating? Makes your skin look great
Her: If I were you, I'd eat fruits for the rest of my life

or

Me: Hey, my boyfriend saw you the other day and said you are really pretty
Her: Do you think you're finer than me?

PS. I didn't make any of those conversations up, they actually happened! This is why I get miserly with my compliments.

Yea true you got a point there. . .that's just cocky!
Re: Why Can't Most Girls Compliment Another Beautiful Girls? by Kunbee: 11:41pm On Oct 16, 2009
OgidiBoy:

I'm good dear and you?

Hmmmmmmmm embarassed embarassed angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Why Can't Most Girls Compliment Another Beautiful Girls? by whiteroses(f): 11:50pm On Oct 16, 2009
out of all things this is what has been bothering you? anyway to answer your question you are right some girls dont compliment other girls, either cos they are jealous or cos they dont know them much but either way none of them cares! girls do not care if a girl doesnt compliment her or not . there's really not much to it
Re: Why Can't Most Girls Compliment Another Beautiful Girls? by puskin: 12:21am On Oct 17, 2009
Compliments only matter if itz coming 4rm sum1 of the opposite se.x
Re: Why Can't Most Girls Compliment Another Beautiful Girls? by chika98: 12:48am On Oct 17, 2009
puskin:

Compliments only matter if itz coming 4rm sum1 of the opposite se.x

Really? I actually appreciate a comment from a chic much more than from a man. Women I know compliment each other and I see nothing wrong with that. Heck I compliment good looking girls here sadly they are very few.
Re: Why Can't Most Girls Compliment Another Beautiful Girls? by jalether(m): 12:59am On Oct 17, 2009
It depends on the compliment nature, something along the lines of I like your shoes wouldn't come across as gayish or too aggressive

Off topic, One thing I have noticed in [b]some [/b]girls (note i'm talking abt all races here) is they are extremely competitive, they hate on another girls who are perceived as a threat. for example when a girl sees another stunning beauty walk into the room, she starts to feel intimidated of the new girl simply because she wants all the attention drawn to her. that is when they start to give the "Bitch look".  cheesy
Re: Why Can't Most Girls Compliment Another Beautiful Girls? by chika98: 1:04am On Oct 17, 2009
jalether:

It depends on the compliment nature, something along the lines of I like your shoes wouldn't come across as gayish or too aggressive

Off topic, One thing I have noticed in some [/b]girls (note i'm talking abt all races here) is they are extremely competitive, they hate on another girls who are perceived as a threat. for example when a girl sees another stunning beauty walk into the room, she starts to feel intimidated of the new girl simply because she wants all the attention drawn to her. [b]that is when they start to give the "Bitch look".  cheesy

You would be surprised as to what it means to be confident. A confident chic will make everyone around believe she's the hottest thing . . even if she clearly isn't but something about her will make you actually believe it. There's nothing like "competition" ; I just wish a lot of people will understand that. Let people see you for what/who you are. There's always someone out there that'll adore you. Beautiful or not!
Re: Why Can't Most Girls Compliment Another Beautiful Girls? by puskin: 1:14am On Oct 17, 2009
When same sex ppl compliment each other, it is trivialised, but when coming 4rm the opposite sex. . . . .
well, U knw the rest.

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Young Guy Was Fingering Her Sugar Mummy In The Bus / Is She The Most Sexualized Underage Nigerian Girl On Social Media? / Guys ,how Do U Feel After Disvirgining A Lady?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.