Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,393 members, 7,781,130 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:28 AM

Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? (37496 Views)

kpmg Offer Or An Msc Abroad? i'm very confused / Should She Take The Offer Or Not / Who Elsh Got This Offer Or Appointment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by Speeddial(m): 6:22pm On Oct 02, 2016
Pamelayoung:

It's not always about the money, but the prestige. Besides don't underate the lawyers.
Abegii

8 Likes

Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by Goddys(m): 6:25pm On Oct 02, 2016
Speeddial:
You think dubai is UK? The economy of UAE is relatively stable compared to most countries. Government even subsidise food and water, even electricity. Most companies provide accommodation for its workers. It all depends on the type of life you want to go there and live. If you live life with modesty, there is no how you can't save 200k in naira, and that's pretty cool.
One's philosophy determines one's attitude towards life. To some, their sole purpose of existence is to acquire as much material wealth as possible; To others, it is to traverse the four winds of the universe to acquire knowledge of life while to others, it is to live moderately taking life one at a step and being contented with whatever comes one's way.
I have come to understand that I can't trade knowledge for money neither can I trade intrinsic qualities I possess for a thousands of naira which I know may still come my way.
Our existence in the society is not solely based on what we acquire for ourselves. Sometimes, we need to consider other factors. Education enlightens one's mind to see that life is too ephemeral to engage in mundane things while at the same time, admonishes one to utilize and maximize all individual's potentials in him.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by Ikemiano(m): 6:27pm On Oct 02, 2016
Dont be deceived....In Nigeria,its all about the money..Ohk

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by Goddys(m): 6:31pm On Oct 02, 2016
Ikemiano:
Dont be deceived....In Nigeria,its all about the money..Ohk
Yes because that is what our education system exposes us to. We need to carve out principles to guide us irrespective of the what is predominant in the society.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by Speeddial(m): 6:56pm On Oct 02, 2016
Goddys:
One's philosophy determines one's attitude towards life. To some, their sole purpose of existence is to acquire as much material wealth as possible; To others, it is to traverse the four winds of the universe to acquire knowledge of life while to others, it is to live moderately taking life one at a step and being contented with whatever comes one's way.
I have come to understand that I can't trade knowledge for money neither can I trade intrinsic qualities I possess for a thousands of naira which I know may still come my way.
Our existence in the society is not solely based on what we acquire for ourselves. Sometimes, we need to consider other factors. Education enlightens one's mind to see that life is too ephemeral to engage in mundane things while at the same time, admonishes one to utilize and maximize all individual's potentials in him.
Being a factory worker abroad doesn't mean you have traded knowledge for money, in fact any option you take, knowledge won't be traded. Why because as a factory worker you can still study on your own, in fact making money and getting knowledge at the same time. There are some many persons who didn't go to the university but they are well read than lawyers, example is les brown. He is an american, he never went to university but he is widely read, he was once a member representing his constituency the state house.

What you are trading now in this contest is MONEY for NAME. But you can still make both if you look at it critically. If you work as a factory worker for 5years, you move into business, in 10years you will be well respected compared to a lawyer who is just managing.

Money answereth all things.

Make money now, retire at the age of 50, then read the rest of your life if you like book that much. Obasanjo did that.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by donshady(m): 7:38pm On Oct 02, 2016
Speeddial:
Go for the job if it is viable, in 6months you will be a millionaire. Opportunity come but once.

This is not a bastard. You're a real Nigerian

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by Goddys(m): 7:55pm On Oct 02, 2016
Speeddial:
Being a factory worker abroad doesn't mean you have traded knowledge for money, in fact any option you take, knowledge won't be traded. Why because as a factory worker you can still study on your own, in fact making money and getting knowledge at the same time. There are some many persons who didn't go to the university but they are well read than lawyers, example is les brown. He is an american, he never went to university but he is widely read, he was once a member representing his constituency the state house.

What you are trading now in this contest is MONEY for NAME. But you can still make both if you look at it critically. If you work as a factory worker for 5years, you move into business, in 10years you will be well respected compared to a lawyer who is just managing.

Money answereth all things.

Make money now, retire at the age of 50, then read the rest of your life if you like book that much. Obasanjo did that.
I see the wisdom in ur post above. Thank u

2 Likes

Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by Neyozak: 8:37pm On Oct 02, 2016
Goddys:
Its sad that atimes opportunity that comes our way can't be assigned to another because of some conditions attached to such opportunity.
I really wish I could assign the opportunity on your behalf but I can't.
My friend that wanted to link me up has many other friends and brothers he could have linked up with the job before he contacted me.
I can't be so insensitive to ask him of the job on behalf of any person other than myself.
Thank you
U see u need ever respect dat ur friend because such frds are very rear. I hope u strengthen ur friendship.

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by Nobody: 8:45pm On Oct 02, 2016
Speeddial:
Go for the job if it is viable, in 6months you will be a millionaire. Opportunity come but once.

Become a millionare or thousandiare. In this economy where naira is devaluing everyday

3 Likes

Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by jammyunn(m): 12:50am On Oct 03, 2016
just be careful of that dubai "factory work" that will pay you 1200dollars. maybe you or your friend meant 1200 in dirhams. i can tell you for sure that no "factory work" in dubai would pay you such, it is not hear say but i speak from experience.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by GiMngo: 12:02pm On Oct 03, 2016
I am still wondering why people are saying OP should just go for Law school. No cogent reasons! In fact i am also wondering why OP has decided to go for Law school despite the opportunity that has come his way
Diverse Nigerians with international certificates are still looking for ways to make ends meet. Now, here is a blessed opportunity and you just want to pass by it because of Law school. Na wa....my head just dey hot. Some people here can talk but after reading their comments, you will literally overwhelmed with their their ridiculous suggestions. No offence pls. It is well!

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by 247Dior(m): 1:19pm On Oct 03, 2016
Goddys:
Its sad that atimes opportunity that comes our way can't be assigned to another because of some conditions attached to such opportunity.
My friend that wanted to link me up has many other friends and brothers he could have linked up with the job before he contacted me.
I can't be so insensitive to ask him of the job on behalf of any person other than myself.
Thank you
ok I understand.. and thanks a lot.. please keep this mail in case another job opportunity comes or a contact.... kynbasil@yahoo.com.. God bless

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by browncolysis(m): 2:39pm On Oct 03, 2016
Please just be careful with this dubai job of a thing, guys in Naija has been decieved by those who claims to have a high paying menial jobs in dubai but it end up to be scam though not all but in my kindly opinion I would suggest that you stick with the law school you are sure of, cuss a at bird hand is far much better and in fact there's no amount of money you make in bondage abroad can quantify your freedom in Nigeria. stay blessed.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by Maski87: 4:01pm On Oct 03, 2016
Pamelayoung:
How can a learned lawyer stoop so low to becoming a factory worker pls go to law school.
Come to Aba and see original hungry lawyers

4 Likes

Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by queenfav(f): 4:02pm On Oct 03, 2016
Speeddial:
how many lawyers receive 400k monthly?
Help me ask am o...Please go to law school,then you can give me the factory job..I laugh in Spanish,you had better grab that opportunity.Law school is not shutting down o,its always there!Don't let me even start to talk!Me with my call to bar and all what not,I don't earn up to 100k,you come dey ask us jamb question!Many married men with kids to feed practicing law with some chambers don't even receive 50k monthly.You law school aspirants think that after law school,employers will roll out the red carpet for you with offers of fat salaries abi?Go and do your research, lawyers are one of the least paid professionals in Nigeria.I know how it goes down,and you should thank me for being honest.Nobody told me or I wud'nt have quit my booming human hair Business to attend law school.I would have invested my fees to grow my business,then go for my law school programme after a year or so.An average illiterate Gateman and some lawyers are earning the same salary of 15-20k.Be wise!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by Jidibia(m): 4:02pm On Oct 03, 2016
Goddys:
Please I need an advice of experienced peeps here.
A friend of mine working in Dubai wants to link me up with a factory job of 400k salary, and also I am due to partake in one year vocational training in Nigeria Law school that would enable me to practice as a lawyer in Nigeria.
Now I'm left in the dilemma of accepting his offer to link me up with the job or proceed to Nigeria Law School to qualify as a lawyer in Nigeria

Please what do I do?
Law school can wait. Go for the job. After all not every one that goes to law school will become successful. The only lawyers making it in Nigeria now are govt lawyers or those who venture into politics.

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by 9japride(m): 4:02pm On Oct 03, 2016
Finish ur law school, then after that u can go anywhere u want. Lawyers are not doing bad here in Nigeria. A bird in hand is worth more than 10000 in d bush
Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by Jidibia(m): 4:03pm On Oct 03, 2016
Maski87:
Come to Aba and see original hungry lawyers
Begging on the streets sef

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Oct 03, 2016
Go for the money my brother, as long as you are sure the job does exist. I am telling you that as someone that has lawyers under my team, none of them earns close to what you are being offered. You are lucky if you get the job. Law school can always wait, and there is no guarantee you will actually earn that amount after law school. Again, go for the fucking money.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by ebereokey(m): 4:04pm On Oct 03, 2016
Use your brain jooo

6 Likes

Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by babeface3: 4:04pm On Oct 03, 2016
I dont wanna tall much. I am an international lawyer. Become a lawyer first. Then you can decide to go and mine marble in Jamaica. I word!
Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Oct 03, 2016
Become a lawyer then seek opportunities in that dubai and get ten times that amount, don't settle for peasant food when u r a prince.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by Bensmart04(m): 4:05pm On Oct 03, 2016
Craven:

If we're being honest with ourselves, living abroad is not as easy as people assume. You know how many homeless people America has? And it's not as if these homeless people can't get up on their feet, dust themselves up, and secure menial jobs.

Even studying over there is very expensive. You hear of people owing student loans amounting to tens of thousands of dollars, loans that they struggle for years to pay up.

It's hard for people over there too. And I just feel it's a mistake to think the suffering will stop once you leave the country. Truth is it doubles.

Also, I'm not sure I'll advice anyone to choose becoming a driver in America over a banker in Nigeria - or a factory worker in Dubai over a Lawyer in Nigeria. I think it's better to choose a defined career path with prospects and grow in that area. That's what takes you places.

Very good piece u've got.. thumbs up undecided
Craven:

If we're being honest with ourselves, living abroad is not as easy as people assume. You know how many homeless people America has? And it's not as if these homeless people can't get up on their feet, dust themselves up, and secure menial jobs.

Even studying over there is very expensive. You hear of people owing student loans amounting to tens of thousands of dollars, loans that they struggle for years to pay up.

It's hard for people over there too. And I just feel it's a mistake to think the suffering will stop once you leave the country. Truth is it doubles.

Also, I'm not sure I'll advice anyone to choose becoming a driver in America over a banker in Nigeria - or a factory worker in Dubai over a Lawyer in Nigeria. I think it's better to choose a defined career path with prospects and grow in that area. That's what takes you places.

Very good piece u've got.. thumbs up

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by chiboysic: 4:06pm On Oct 03, 2016
grin grin
Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by Jay542(m): 4:08pm On Oct 03, 2016
[quote author=sommerised post=49850057]Go to law school, but pls link me with the factory job. Don't worry I will pay my tithe. My number is 080xxxxxxx/quote]
Haaha. Smart ass. grin
Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by damilolaife: 4:09pm On Oct 03, 2016
Goddys:
Thank you

Your friend is deceiving u... Till you get to Dubai u will understand.. Himself has nothing of such job there.. Count my words ..

3 Likes

Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by Lexusgs430: 4:10pm On Oct 03, 2016
Goddys:
Please I need an advice of experienced peeps here.
A friend of mine working in Dubai wants to link me up with a factory job of 400k salary, and also I am due to partake in one year vocational training in Nigeria Law school that would enable me to practice as a lawyer in Nigeria.
Now I'm left in the dilemma of accepting his offer to link me up with the job or proceed to Nigeria Law School to qualify as a lawyer in Nigeria

Please what do I do?

You paid all your university fees to bag an LLB, then at the final hurdle of qualification to practice, you opt to becoming a labourer?
Words fail me................

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by Paschal55(m): 4:10pm On Oct 03, 2016
Above all, self employment is the best, every day income rocks.
Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by Bsc(m): 4:12pm On Oct 03, 2016
forget Dubai... from experience, i say capital No.... how much do u trust ur friend?

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by kayjasper(f): 4:14pm On Oct 03, 2016
Speeddial:
You think dubai is UK? The economy of UAE is relatively stable compared to most countries. Government even subsidise food and water, even electricity. Most companies provide accommodation for its workers. It all depends on the type of life you want to go there and live. If you live life with modesty, there is no how you can't save 200k in naira, and that's pretty cool.

My brother, your perspective is a bit flawed and shallow.

You are comparing 400k in Dubai to Nigerian 400k?

They are not the same... The living standards out there and here are far more different.

Have you even been outside of Nigeria before?
You think the amount of money you hear people make is the same value to the Nigerian equivalent?

Even in Nigeria, You can't compare living with 4000 naira in Zamfara with the same 4000 naira in Lagos!!

Think of the future not the immediate.

Dumping his Law certificate for just a moment of 400k salary as an unskilled labor will be the most foolish thing anyone will do.

Think ahead... Don't think of the Immediate!!!

2 Likes

Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by Franklerry: 4:14pm On Oct 03, 2016
I would rather u go fo r d course. Law as a course is lucrative in nigeria. U can as well work on your own bfor goin....llink me up if there is any opportunities biko i do fin wok tire....070xxxxxx
Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by ephi123(f): 4:15pm On Oct 03, 2016
There are a number of things to consider - is accommodation provided, where will you stay during that period and how much will it cost? Is your friend willing to accommodate you, if accommodation is not inclusive? Will you be given a valid permit? How many hours per day is the expected work? I also assume he may want you to pay some set-up fees for visa etc.

One thing I will say is there is a way that seems right to a man, it does not necessarily mean that is the right way. Pray to God to guide you and follow your heart because as humans we can never see beyond our noses.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The 10 Highest-paying Jobs You Can Get With A Bachelor's Degree / EFCC Recruitment For Oyo, Osun Ekiti, Kwara / Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.