Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? (37526 Views)

kpmg Offer Or An Msc Abroad? i'm very confused / Should She Take The Offer Or Not / Who Elsh Got This Offer Or Appointment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by Chibu4u(m): 8:48pm On Oct 03, 2016
Goddys:
Please I need an advice of experienced peeps here.
A friend of mine working in Dubai wants to link me up with a factory job of 400k salary, and also I am due to partake in one year vocational training in Nigeria Law school that would enable me to practice as a lawyer in Nigeria.
Now I'm left in the dilemma of accepting his offer to link me up with the job or proceed to Nigeria Law School to qualify as a lawyer in Nigeria

Please what do I do?

Dear follow your career path. ordinary people with no skill still make that 1200USD here in Nigeria via MMM. you can stay here in Nigeria and make that figure in MMM if you play your cards well and thereby becoming a lawyer too. a bird in hand do not only confuse the owner.
READ MY BLOG POST

Terrible questions that scares Nigerians away from mmm and their favourite answers.
http://chibunduemmanuel..com.ng/2016/10/terrible-questions-that-scares_2.html?m=1

GOOD LUCK.

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by seangy4konji: 8:52pm On Oct 03, 2016
You have been deceived...the highest paid factory worker in UAE IS 1000K DIRHARMS...Thats 130 k there about and you will live in shared apartment with at least10 other workers mostly Pakistanis and bangsaleah guys(their dirtiness and smell will nearly kill you).they will collect your passport once you enter for the job and you cannot leave the job untill 2 years is complete unless you get an offeer of a job of over 3500 dirhams in another company in the free trade zone...

My guy we been there and back....go to LAW SCHOOL YOU HERE

7 Likes

Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by mosixb: 9:13pm On Oct 03, 2016
[quote author=Goddys post=49848854]Please I need an advice of experienced peeps here.
A friend of mine working in Dubai wants to link me up with a factory job of 400k salary, and also I am due to partake in one year vocational training in Nigeria Law school that would enable me to practice as a lawyer in Nigeria.
Now I'm left in the dilemma of accepting his offer to link me up with the job or proceed to Nigeria Law School to qualify as a lawyer in Nigeria
Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by Incrizz(f): 9:13pm On Oct 03, 2016
Goddys:
One's philosophy determines one's attitude towards life. To some, their sole purpose of existence is to acquire as much material wealth as possible; To others, it is to traverse the four winds of the universe to acquire knowledge of life while to others, it is to live moderately taking life one at a step and being contented with whatever comes one's way.
I have come to understand that I can't trade knowledge for money neither can I trade intrinsic qualities I possess for a thousands of naira which I know may still come my way.
Our existence in the society is not solely based on what we acquire for ourselves. Sometimes, we need to consider other factors. Education enlightens one's mind to see that life is too ephemeral to engage in mundane things while at the same time, admonishes one to utilize and maximize all individual's potentials in him.
Gosh Goddy I hope you haven't rejected the Dubai offer?? Do you still sort of live with your parents? Are you paying your own bills? Light, house rent, feeding etc
You don't get it, it's not about the money. There are millions of you being churned out monthly all over Nigeria. You can always do something about law school later init?
Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by kayjasper(f): 9:15pm On Oct 03, 2016
jaybee3:

Purchasing power is basically different since the price of goods and services aren't the same

A 400k job in naij at the moment is effectively 200k or worse with the resent devaluation but it's still better than suffering in a foreign country

Tell them o... Everyone just wanna travel out without weighing the pros and cons

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by Taryur3(m): 9:15pm On Oct 03, 2016
queenfav:
Help me ask am o...Please go to law school,then you can give me the factory job..I laugh in Spanish,you had better grab that opportunity.Law school is not shutting down o,its always there!Don't let me even start to talk!Me with my call to bar and all what not,I don't earn up to 100k,you come dey ask us jamb question!Many married men with kids to feed practicing law with some chambers don't even receive 50k monthly.You law school aspirants think that after law school,employers will roll out the red carpet for you with offers of fat salaries abi?Go and do your research, lawyers are one of the least paid professionals in Nigeria.I know how it goes down,and you should thank me for being honest.Nobody told me or I wud'nt have quit my booming human hair Business to attend law school.I would have invested my fees to grow my business,then go for my law school programme after a year or so.An average illiterate Gateman and some lawyers are earning the same salary of 15-20k.Be wise!
Sorry...I feel for u...u gave him a good advise though...if Dubai doesn't sound good for him he can equally come back to his law school.what I know is 40% of lawyers are only capable to feed their nuclear family even on credit at times

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by isikcomen(m): 9:16pm On Oct 03, 2016
Goddys:
One's philosophy determines one's attitude towards life. To some, their sole purpose of existence is to acquire as much material wealth as possible; To others, it is to traverse the four winds of the universe to acquire knowledge of life while to others, it is to live moderately taking life one at a step and being contented with whatever comes one's way.
I have come to understand that I can't trade knowledge for money neither can I trade intrinsic qualities I possess for a thousands of naira which I know may still come my way.
Our existence in the society is not solely based on what we acquire for ourselves. Sometimes, we need to consider other factors. Education enlightens one's mind to see that life is too ephemeral to engage in mundane things while at the same time, admonishes one to utilize and maximize all individual's potentials in him.

u r a man, u will feed a lot of mouth if u opt for law is a good tin but think deeply a time comes in a man life wen does who are against him are more than dos supporting u, at d level of ur education u can always go back to law school anytime any day... working in Dubai mean a lot connections exposure u can't even have an upper hand over there wen employers see how good u r, u can also bring down the factory here in Nigeria... wale adenug Glo CEO was once a taxi driver in USA but now a multi billionaire, think abt wat u can do for urself rather than looking for a case to judge.. my two cent for u... ur wife, parent and friends will no longer look at ur degree but ur pocket.... I went for an interview to secure a job, I met a man in his early 40s with qualification.. ND, HND,BSC,PGD,MSC, abt to finish PhD also a lecture.. yet he fail d interview he told me wat he's gonna tell his wife.. d pressure to satisfy his wife financial is hanging around his neck... u r man make money and oda tins follow easily... u will sup with kings and rulers of d world. beautiful ladies follow u around, emenike is dating miss Nigeria.. I guess u dare not go near her.. emenike isn't educated but follow wat makes a man d head of d family which is ego money... think like a man ..

3 Likes

Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by isikcomen(m): 9:19pm On Oct 03, 2016
Goddys:

u r a man, u will feed a lot of mouth if u opt for law is a good tin but think deeply a time comes in a man life wen does who are against him are more than dos supporting u, at d level of ur education u can always go back to law school anytime any day... working in Dubai mean a lot connections exposure u can even have an upper hand over there wen employers see how good u r, u can also bring down the factory here in Nigeria... wale adenug Glo CEO was once a taxi driver in USA but now a multi billionaire, think abt wat u can do for urself rather than looking for a case to judge.. my two cent for u... ur wife, parent and friends will no longer look at ur degree but ur pocket.... I went for an interview to secure a job, I met a man in his early 40s with qualification.. ND, HND,BSC,PGD,MSC, abt to finish PhD also a lecture.. yet he fail d interview he told me wat he's gonna tell his wife.. d pressure to satisfy his wife financial is hanging around his neck... u r man make money and oda tins follow easily... u will sup with kings and rulers of d world. beautiful ladies follow u around, emenike is dating miss Nigeria.. I guess u dare not go near her.. emenike isn't educated but follow wat makes a man d head of d family which is ego money... think like a man ..
Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by isikcomen(m): 9:20pm On Oct 03, 2016
Goddys:

u r a man, u will feed a lot of mouth if u opt for law is a good tin but think deeply a time comes in a man life wen does who are against him are more than dos supporting u, at d level of ur education u can always go back to law school anytime any day... working in Dubai mean a lot connections exposure u can even have an upper hand over there wen employers see how good u r, u can also bring down the factory here in Nigeria... mike adenug Glo CEO was once a taxi driver in USA but now a multi billionaire, think abt wat u can do for urself rather than looking for a case to judge.. my two cent for u... ur wife, parent and friends will no longer look at ur degree but ur pocket.... I went for an interview to secure a job, I met a man in his early 40s with qualification.. ND, HND,BSC,PGD,MSC, abt to finish PhD also a lecture.. yet he fail d interview he told me wat he's gonna tell his wife.. d pressure to satisfy his wife financial is hanging around his neck... u r man make money and oda tins follow easily... u will sup with kings and rulers of d world. beautiful ladies follow u around, emenike is dating miss Nigeria.. I guess u dare not go near her.. emenike isn't educated but follow wat makes a man d head of d family which is ego money... think like a man ..
Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by Taryur3(m): 9:30pm On Oct 03, 2016
sorextee:
My best advice is for you to go to dubai.... Leave d law skool for now.. Try ND save plenty wen u get there.. If u re honest, dilligent ND committed in ur job there, u might get promoted.. Youve heard about dat Nigerian guy dat was awarded by his boss in dubai? I didnt read d full story though..

80% of my friends dat went to law skool are as broke as nothing...no job, no connections.... It got so bad dat one of dem applied as an office assistant in one telco, where hes to earn 30k per month..
Lols...u finished kamaru...I will tell him
Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by jokerphilics(m): 9:56pm On Oct 03, 2016
Goddys:

Please what do I do?
I dey pity u already unless I get the connection coz na everyday u dey hearsay na charge and bail lawyer full everywhere now

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Oct 03, 2016
Connectme to your friend so I can take the job on your behalf since you are considering Law School.... thanks!

Goddys:

Please what do I do?
Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by mokane28: 10:18pm On Oct 03, 2016
Sharap there mr lawyer! why seeking for advice from nairalanders if you can quote all this! Go to your law school and end up as a charge and bail lawyer and give someone the dubai job offer that's even if the job offer is real, i doubt if you are really a law graduate sef
Goddys:
Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Oct 03, 2016
cosade:

It's Naira 400,000 per month and not US$400,000.
Lol US$400,000. Even your papa no go pay you that kind salary to work for him factory. grin

That aside

By the current exchange rate that money converts to more than 4500 UAE dirhams.

Bros check that your friend well. For him to bypass all family n friends come to you. Hmmm. Shebi u promise to marry him 45 year old sister ni.

Tell him to show you the job offer letter. No company, I repeat, no company that will pay that much will fail to give you an offer letter.

If he's a Nairalander he's probably seen this thread and will swerve. Please provide more details as to how much he wants and what procedure he will use to secure the job for you.

Don't make the mistake of falling for this cos you see the guy posing with cars up and dan in beautiful places. Beware of Facebook rich man. Probe that guy very well. Get more details. If you want to chat with me further u may reach me on parousiaic@yahoo.com

But I no get job for u sha

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by OMOYE247(f): 10:33pm On Oct 03, 2016
Speeddial:
how many lawyers receive 400k monthly?
Abeg ask am again ooo....
Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by donvicky2007: 10:48pm On Oct 03, 2016
Goddys:

Please what do I do?

Most of these foreign jobs are fake complete your education first.
Knowledge is Power!!!!!!!!
Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by ohmnetwork1: 10:51pm On Oct 03, 2016
Goddys:

Please what do I do?
My brother I take Ogunlakaye, the wise Orunmila plus the unknown Odunmare beg u... Pls pls take this offer n go hustle to come home n invest. Hope u known there millions of ur type out there. Pleased once more take d job...... pls
Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by oludare36: 11:40pm On Oct 03, 2016
AnonyNymous:

You don't get it. . . if he was making that $1200 and living in Nigeria then no problem. . . but in a high standard society like Dubai, its almost nothing. . . after settling bills upon bills and taxes upon taxes, before he'll find money to tale care of himself, he probably won't be living half as well as he would be if he were a qualified Nigerian lawyer
stop misleading d op,dubai is a tax free.dubai is a sharia country,tax is prohibited.it's mandatory for the factory to provide shelter,feeding and transport allowance.my advice to d op is to accept that offer,opportunity come but once.
Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by NovusHomo(m): 11:46pm On Oct 03, 2016
Craven:
Speeddial, you're offering really bad advice.

A $1200 job in Nigeria is not the same as a $1200 job in Dubai. Sure, people earn at least N500,000 monthly here in Nigeria, and with the exchange rate, it is almost the same thing $1200. This same people are complaining about the cost of living in Nigeria becoming expensive.

Now Dubai is not Nigeria. It is a richer economy with better infrastructure. You know why? Because they have a working government. And you know what makes a government work? Sufficient revenue. Now you know some of the sources of that revenue? Tax. You will be taxed at every corner. You will have to handle all sorts of bills to live comfortably; lighting, rent, water, heating, insurance. You will handle your own transport and feeding. All this and more on $1200 and you still want to become a millioniare.

Even Americans who earn $40,000 (N16,000,000) per year complain about piling bills and debts. And it is $1200 that'll turn you to a millionaire overnight abi?

Debbys, there's hardly any career prospect for a factory worker. There's more in becoming a lawyer. It's best to think of your future and tailor your decision around it. The question you should be asking yourself is this; "Where do I want to be in years to come?" When you figure that out, you should be able to make the right choice.

WISDOM!
Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by knxpin(m): 5:09am On Oct 04, 2016
Craven:
Speeddial, you're offering really bad advice.

A $1200 job in Nigeria is not the same as a $1200 job in Dubai. Sure, people earn at least N500,000 monthly here in Nigeria, and with the exchange rate, it is almost the same thing $1200. This same people are complaining about the cost of livi[color=#006600][/color]ng in Nigeria becoming expensive.

Now Dubai is not Nigeria. It is a richer economy with better infrastructure. You know why? Because they have a working government. And you know what makes a government work? Sufficient revenue. Now you know some of the sources of that revenue? Tax. You will be taxed at every corner. You will have to handle all sorts of bills to live comfortably; lighting, rent, water, heating, insurance. You will handle your own transport and feeding. All this and more on $1200 and you still want to become a millioniare.

Even Americans who earn $40,000 (N16,000,000) per year complain about piling bills and debts. And it is $1200 that'll turn you to a millionaire overnight abi?

Debbys, there's hardly any career prospect for a factory worker. There's more in becoming a lawyer. It's best to think of your future and tailor your decision around it. The question you should be asking yourself is this; "Where do I want to be in years to come?" When you figure that out, you should be able to make the right choice.

You said it all even in American you make $150 000 and its not enough., abeg watch your steps. Finish your first career before another.
Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by cosade(m): 7:07am On Oct 04, 2016
FelixCulpa:

Lol US$400,000. Even your papa no go pay you that kind salary to work for him factory. grin

That aside

By the current exchange rate that money converts to more than 4500 UAE dirhams.

Bros check that your friend well. For him to bypass all family n friends come to you. Hmmm. Shebi u promise to marry him 45 year old sister ni.

Tell him to show you the job offer letter. No company, I repeat, no company that will pay that much will fail to give you an offer letter.

If he's a Nairalander he's probably seen this thread and will swerve. Please provide more details as to how much he wants and what procedure he will use to secure the job for you.

Don't make the mistake of falling for this cos you see the guy posing with cars up and dan in beautiful places. Beware of Facebook rich man. Probe that guy very well. Get more details. If you want to chat with me further u may reach me on parousiaic@yahoo.com

But I no get job for u sha

That is a very rude statement.
Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by supernet5: 7:27am On Oct 04, 2016
My brother,
I work in Dubai presently and i earn higher than factory workers, though our company is a biscuit factory, i work in a separate department within the company. Please and Please ask your friend well to be sure of the currency name, is he referring to your salary in Dollars or Dirhams. No company will ever pay you in dollars when you work as a factory worker, as am typing this am using my system in the office in Dubai.
Take into consideration that you will be staying in labour camp with a minimum of 6 people in a room amongst other things. Please thnik deeply within yourself can you afford to endure so many things and plan your future with it. Whichever decision you make is good but you have to choose wisely. If you need additional information as regards it i will be glad to help.
Please be wise and be safe. God bless you.
Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by vivaciousvivi(f): 8:17am On Oct 04, 2016
Goddys i have read most of the comments here and I can honestly tell you that some peeps here arent being honest. You do know that you can delay law school even if it's for a year right? I think you need to find out a little more concerning the job offer - accommodation, rate of taxable income, tfare (while I visited Dubai, a lot of companies had buses ferrying their staff) etc. But most especially, do some digging to determine spend and saving culture in the city vis a vis your proposed salary.
In future, do be aware that Nairaland is not usually the best avenue to seek advice on serious and pertinent issues such as this.

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by Nobody: 8:34am On Oct 04, 2016
cosade:

That is a very rude statement.

Sorry if that's how it came across to you.
I only meant you to have some fun. It's quite funny to mean.
But no hard feelings.
Take care.

Once again, check that your Friend well. I have nothing to lose or gain if you go to Dubai or not.
Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by Nobody: 8:38am On Oct 04, 2016
oludare36:
stop misleading d op,dubai is a tax free.dubai is a sharia country,tax is prohibited.it's mandatory for the factory to provide shelter,feeding and transport allowance.my advice to d op is to accept that offer,opportunity come but once.

My friend do you live in Dubai?

All these things you mentioned may be there but there is always a silver lining. The devil they say is in the details.

Only when you come and see people in deira that is when you will understand cry
Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by saintkeppy(m): 9:03am On Oct 04, 2016
Speeddial:
Good question grin
Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by eromspete(m): 9:29am On Oct 04, 2016
Go to Law school. You can always come to Dubai for holiday/vacation.

Dubai is always painted as a Middle East paradise (depends on your hustle here) and the lure of tax free salary is very strong (e go shock you!).

Life here isn't as it seems for those with salaries less than AED 5000. By the time you come here and start work, many things will take your money away and you'll start hustling overtime pay (that is if your employer go even gree pay you sef)

REMEMBER - When you come to start work here, your family/siblings will start asking you for money. Trust me they will ask for alot of it!

Goddys:

Please what do I do?
Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by wizflower(f): 9:39am On Oct 04, 2016
Speeddial:
God bless you for that question
Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by cosade(m): 9:58am On Oct 04, 2016
FelixCulpa:

Sorry if that's how it came across to you.
I only meant you to have some fun. It's quite funny to mean.
But no hard feelings.
Take care.

Once again, check that your Friend well. I have nothing to lose or gain if you go to Dubai or not.

Remarks noted.

However, I am not the OP.
Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by seangy4konji: 1:43pm On Oct 04, 2016
That's what I told the dude. I have been there I saw I ran.

Unless your scamming skills is exceptional and you can pay 4k$ for your residency and live without working. You will suffer.meanwhile there are some jobs that are not so stressful and the accommodation is ok bit expecting 400k naira per month?not In Dubai.
amunkita:

Run!!!!!!!
Dude I said RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There is no Job in Dubai For a factory worker that is up to 400k....

What this means is that u would be paid 4000 Dirham without an emirate experience, LIES!!!!!!

Dude better sit backk in 9ja nd get called to bar..
I have been there, I saw, I ran..
Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by amunkita(m): 2:23pm On Oct 04, 2016
seangy4konji:
That's what I told the dude. I have been there I saw I ran.

Unless your scamming skills is exceptional and you can pay 4k$ for your residency and live without working. You will suffer.meanwhile there are some jobs that are not so stressful and the accommodation is ok bit expecting 400k naira per month?not In Dubai.

U won't really blame him, Nigeria dey frustrate youth..
I just hope he listens to advise, else he would be like some of us who saw nd ran..
Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by gemale(m): 3:08pm On Oct 04, 2016
Goddys:
I have learnt from all of your contributions... I think I will continue in my career path. Nothing can be so dignifying than being a lawyer.
With time and by God's grace, I will reap the benefits of the calling.
Dude tnk am well. My sista wey go law skul dey do legal work 4 10-20k. No oyibo tlk say "a bird in hand is worth 2 do n d bush". Guy!!! U Sabi hw many lawyers dey earn pittance 4 ds coun3? My broda if u get chance 2 comot ds place, do am sharp sharp. Shey na 2 dey ansa barrister dey hungry u? When u dey get dough, come back do law skul or u fit even skul over dere. My papa age mate dey go law skul so no b somtn wey dey time bound. Bt if na somtn of passion, u fit go law skul bt abeg gv me dt ur guy contact. I dey ready 2 grab ds chance wt evrytn I get.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Access Bank Entry-Level Training Programme - 1st Of MarchToo 29 March 2016 / The 10 Highest-paying Jobs You Can Get With A Bachelor's Degree / EFCC Recruitment For Oyo, Osun Ekiti, Kwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.