Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,217 members, 7,807,744 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:18 PM

Umahi Increases Ebonyi Workers' Salaries By 5%, Pardons 32 Prisoners (Pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umahi Increases Ebonyi Workers' Salaries By 5%, Pardons 32 Prisoners (Pics) (20189 Views)

FG To Stop Workers Salaries Over Payroll System Default / Umahi Orders Payment Of Pension And Gratuities Arrears To Ebonyi Workers / Current Status Of Workers Salaries In South West Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Umahi Increases Ebonyi Workers' Salaries By 5%, Pardons 32 Prisoners (Pics) by ebosie11(f): 12:19pm On Oct 02, 2016
Ebonyi State Governor, Engr. David Umahi, has announced the increase  of workers salary in the state. 
Umahi  announced  the good news during this year's 56th independence day celebration and Ebonyi at 20 held at the Abakaliki Township Stadium on Saturday.
Umahi, who also pardoned 32 prisoners  and commuted the death sentence of 14 others to life imprisonment,  was full of praises for  the founding fathers of the state.

He thanked the former governor of the  state, Dr. Sam Egwu, for mediating during the government-Labour dispute in the state  last year and  also hailed the  Nigeria Labour Congress for its  show of understanding .
Umahi said, "We have been very much disturbed about the plight of our dear workers. We were disturbed that our workers were not with us as we want them to be with us, and we understood them. They need an increment in their salaries.
“ Let me use the opportunity to thank Dr. Sam Egwu who mediated on this before now.  The  NLC even  suspected him that he was siding us. But I continue to say his action  was born out of the experience of his former office.

"Let me thank the labour leaders for your commitment and for your understanding. You were pushing me because, you didn't want workers to suspect you. Thank you for the wisdom you deployed in arriving at what we have today. And so let me announce on behalf of government of Ebonyi State, that effective from October 1st, we  increase the salaries of Ebonyi workers by five per cent."

The governor also said he would  ensure the immediate release of workers promotion, assuring  that the gratuities  and arrears of all retired civil servants and public office holders are paid sooner.
He  explained that the pardon and commuttal of the sentences of some prisoners in the state are  in pursuance of section 212 of the 1999 constitution which  gave him power to do so.
In a remark, the chairman of the occasion, Most Rev. Christopher Edeh, noted  that the independence of Nigeria at 56  was being marked a time of  setbacks and security challenges.
He urged the governor to put more effort in ensuring that the state is developed and the increasing poverty among the rich and the poor in  the state is  reduced.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/10/ebonyi-governor-umahi-increases-workers.html

2 Likes

Re: Umahi Increases Ebonyi Workers' Salaries By 5%, Pardons 32 Prisoners (Pics) by HungerBAD: 12:21pm On Oct 02, 2016
Good News.

Kudos to the Governor and people of Ebonyi State.

This is a very important News. Ebonyi State is one of the poorest States in Nigeria,and if that State can increase her workers salary,then we can safely say the Economy has started or is starting to look up.

Salaries goes with the current economic indexes. And to those "Incurable Pessimists" here on Nairaland,please for once see something good in Nigeria.

Fayose and Wike should follow this Example.

20 Likes

Re: Umahi Increases Ebonyi Workers' Salaries By 5%, Pardons 32 Prisoners (Pics) by Nobody: 12:22pm On Oct 02, 2016
nice one.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi Increases Ebonyi Workers' Salaries By 5%, Pardons 32 Prisoners (Pics) by wheredemdey: 12:22pm On Oct 02, 2016
Lovely

Pls why is this recession not affecting igbo states?

Anambra just announced tax cut and other palliative measures...... Ebonyi state just increased salaries...enugu governor Just took over the rehabilitatiin of the federal government owned Enugu -OSHA expressway....... The only snag is Imo state APC okorocha who is taxing imo indigenes to pay 3k monthly and is cutting down the legitimate working hours of civil servants. .....egwu di

77 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Umahi Increases Ebonyi Workers' Salaries By 5%, Pardons 32 Prisoners (Pics) by EternalTruths: 12:22pm On Oct 02, 2016
Hope the useless Rochas Ugwuanyi and Okezie can hear.

God bless the governor if this info is true

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi Increases Ebonyi Workers' Salaries By 5%, Pardons 32 Prisoners (Pics) by dadebayo1(m): 12:28pm On Oct 02, 2016
Nice.... Thumbs up to the governor.. While my own state governor is owing six months... Others like ebonyi are increasing and paying salary as at when due.. Too bad

1 Like

Re: Umahi Increases Ebonyi Workers' Salaries By 5%, Pardons 32 Prisoners (Pics) by fulaniHERDSman(m): 12:33pm On Oct 02, 2016
Only lazy people hate igbos ... una too much grin

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Umahi Increases Ebonyi Workers' Salaries By 5%, Pardons 32 Prisoners (Pics) by EMMYLBANKS(m): 12:51pm On Oct 02, 2016
the afonjas won't be happy with this news

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi Increases Ebonyi Workers' Salaries By 5%, Pardons 32 Prisoners (Pics) by OBAFEMIawolowo: 1:01pm On Oct 02, 2016
When workers are been owed backlog of salaries in osun, Oyo and IMO

22 Likes

Re: Umahi Increases Ebonyi Workers' Salaries By 5%, Pardons 32 Prisoners (Pics) by Opharhe: 1:37pm On Oct 02, 2016
Wow! Very commendable.
I just hope the govt. is not borrowing to fund this... Pls sustainability is important. I was quite surprised the other time when Obiano of Anambra increased salaries by as much as 15%, later I thought it was just Christmas bonus but surprisingly, it has been sustained since. These Eastern Govs. dey hot o.
Gov. David Umahi appears promising.
God bless Ebonyi and Nigeria.

God bless Us.

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Umahi Increases Ebonyi Workers' Salaries By 5%, Pardons 32 Prisoners (Pics) by coolzeal(m): 1:43pm On Oct 02, 2016
EMMYLBANKS:
it's not necessary to comment if you've nothing to write. Stop this act already.

12 Likes

Re: Umahi Increases Ebonyi Workers' Salaries By 5%, Pardons 32 Prisoners (Pics) by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 1:45pm On Oct 02, 2016
APC is haram in the East.
Just look at Rochas

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi Increases Ebonyi Workers' Salaries By 5%, Pardons 32 Prisoners (Pics) by coolzeal(m): 1:45pm On Oct 02, 2016
EMMYLBANKS:
it's not necessary to comment if you've nothing to write. Stop this act already.

5 Likes

Re: Umahi Increases Ebonyi Workers' Salaries By 5%, Pardons 32 Prisoners (Pics) by EMMYLBANKS(m): 2:01pm On Oct 02, 2016
coolzeal:
which act already,oga shift jhur..is lyk you guys finds joy mentioning someone, you that hv something to write why didnt u go ahead nd do that bt instead choose to mention me because u are drunk ryt

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi Increases Ebonyi Workers' Salaries By 5%, Pardons 32 Prisoners (Pics) by raker300: 2:06pm On Oct 02, 2016
Afonjas be looking at all the good news emanating from the east like...

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi Increases Ebonyi Workers' Salaries By 5%, Pardons 32 Prisoners (Pics) by zuchyblink(m): 2:06pm On Oct 02, 2016
The man stood on Innoson 4WD carrier. I love this man

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi Increases Ebonyi Workers' Salaries By 5%, Pardons 32 Prisoners (Pics) by tysontim(m): 2:10pm On Oct 02, 2016
Is that innoson I'm seeing there?

12 Likes

Re: Umahi Increases Ebonyi Workers' Salaries By 5%, Pardons 32 Prisoners (Pics) by raker300: 2:11pm On Oct 02, 2016
umahi is doing a wonderful job in ebonyi, abakaliki to be precise..

Abakaliki below

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Umahi Increases Ebonyi Workers' Salaries By 5%, Pardons 32 Prisoners (Pics) by sarrki(m): 2:39pm On Oct 02, 2016
God bless you sire

Silent achiever

Wait ooo Ebonyi is not part of the 13% derivation

While Bayelsa can not pay salaries

Nigeria vote individual not party next election

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi Increases Ebonyi Workers' Salaries By 5%, Pardons 32 Prisoners (Pics) by basilo101: 2:48pm On Oct 02, 2016
sarrki:
God bless you sire

Silent achiever

Wait ooo Ebonyi is not part of the 13% derivation

While Bayelsa can not pay salaries

Nigeria vote individual not party next election
forget those ogogoro drinkers who think life revolve around oil

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi Increases Ebonyi Workers' Salaries By 5%, Pardons 32 Prisoners (Pics) by veekid(m): 3:19pm On Oct 02, 2016
Good or bad news?
Re: Umahi Increases Ebonyi Workers' Salaries By 5%, Pardons 32 Prisoners (Pics) by aminu790(m): 3:24pm On Oct 02, 2016
nice 1
Re: Umahi Increases Ebonyi Workers' Salaries By 5%, Pardons 32 Prisoners (Pics) by laffwitmi: 3:24pm On Oct 02, 2016
And indonesians lol shocked shocked
fulaniHERDSman:
Only lazy people hate igbos ... una too much grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi Increases Ebonyi Workers' Salaries By 5%, Pardons 32 Prisoners (Pics) by MzMercie: 3:25pm On Oct 02, 2016
God bless you sir
Re: Umahi Increases Ebonyi Workers' Salaries By 5%, Pardons 32 Prisoners (Pics) by Vickiweezy(m): 3:26pm On Oct 02, 2016
Now, that's the Positive Change we need.
Re: Umahi Increases Ebonyi Workers' Salaries By 5%, Pardons 32 Prisoners (Pics) by trapQ: 3:26pm On Oct 02, 2016
This man has always been too generous. He was my neighbor in Woji estate, PH and his wife was very nice too. He had a lot of relatives that he took care of and often took them abroad with his family during holidays.

I remember when his wife asked me why I had never visited their home seeing that I was friends with her younger sisters (because they visited me sometimes). I would've just parked to their house undecided

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi Increases Ebonyi Workers' Salaries By 5%, Pardons 32 Prisoners (Pics) by Nobody: 3:26pm On Oct 02, 2016
Wow...his wife is very tall and big though beautiful. Goodness me...Umahi, this woman fit smother you.Lol!

1 Like

Re: Umahi Increases Ebonyi Workers' Salaries By 5%, Pardons 32 Prisoners (Pics) by dhamstar(m): 3:27pm On Oct 02, 2016
commendable acts!! he should just keep it up
Re: Umahi Increases Ebonyi Workers' Salaries By 5%, Pardons 32 Prisoners (Pics) by Enrichlee(m): 3:28pm On Oct 02, 2016
Somewhere in the South West where they celebrated 25 yrs recently in a dance of shame with Mr. President, the governor is technically still owning this whole year salaries!

10 Likes

Re: Umahi Increases Ebonyi Workers' Salaries By 5%, Pardons 32 Prisoners (Pics) by 4nobody4every1: 3:29pm On Oct 02, 2016
HungerBAD:
Good News.

Kudos to the Governor and people of Ebonyi State.

This is a very important News. Ebonyi State is one of the poorest States in Nigeria,and if that State can increase her workers salary,then we can safely say the Economy has started or is starting to look up.

Salaries goes with the current economic indexes. And to those "Incurable Pessimists" here on Nairaland,please for once see something good in Nigeria.

Fayose and Wike should follow this Example.
cool

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2019: Adamawa Government Reveals Atiku's Presidential Ambition / Governor Ajimobi Flagged-off The APC Campaign For 2019 Elections. PIC. / EFCC Claims That Over N1.3 Trillion Was Stolen Between 2011 And 2015, APC Retwee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.