Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,872 members, 7,798,918 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:16 PM

Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? (12575 Views)

My Younger Brother Is Addicted To Sports Betting, Please Help!!! / Is It Proper/Healthy For A Man To Suck His Wife's Bosom Milk? / My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by bodmas119(m): 1:23pm On Oct 02, 2016
My younger brother is living with us but my wife used to complaint to me he doesn't wash plates, pls how should I handle the matter peacefully coz am confused?
Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Oct 02, 2016
bodmas119:
my younger brother is leaving with us but my wife used to complaint to me he doesn't wash plates, pls how should I handle the matter peacefully coz am confused.

how old is he? ,if he is still a very young boy like 17 years of age and below she has the right to complain but if he isn't she has no right to complain

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Oct 02, 2016
people creating issues and problems where there is none.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by Tallesty1(m): 1:31pm On Oct 02, 2016
stephenmorris:
how old is he? ,if he is still a very young boy like 17 years of age and below she has the right to complain but if he isn't she has no right to complain
The issue of men helping with house chores has nothing to do with age, rather it has a lot to with what the boy is doing.

Does he work?

Does he have the time to help?

If yes then he should wash plates.

The OP should also help with the cooking if his work or business is not a stressful one.

This is their family and whatever the wife is cooking is for all of them.

Life sha, if my senior brother's wife had the means, I am sure she would have used security code or pattern to lock her kitchen so that we won't enter there when we visit

29 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by saintfellow(m): 1:34pm On Oct 02, 2016
hmmm depend on his age, if he is under 20, then no big deal, but if he is above 20 then your wife should understand that he is forming big and she should let him be.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by Acheron: 1:42pm On Oct 02, 2016
If your brother is an adult then he should wash his own plate after every meal if your wife consider washing an extra plate a difficult task.

If your younger brother is in his teens, he should assist your wife with washing.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Oct 02, 2016
Tallesty1:
The issue of men helping with house chores has nothing to do with age, rather it has a lot to with what the boy is doing.

Does he work?

Does he have the time to help?

If yes then he should wash plates.

The OP should also help with the cooking if his work or business is not a stressful one.

This is their family and whatever the wife is cooking is for all of them.

Life sha, if my senior brother's wife had the means, I am sure she would have used security code or pattern to lock her kitchen so that we won't enter there when we visit
you are damn wrong so for example because i don't have a job ,i should surrender my honor as a man to a woman

6 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Oct 02, 2016
Acheron:
If your brother is an adult then he should wash his own plate after every meal if your wife consider washing an extra plate a difficult task.

If your younger brother is in his teens, he should assist your wife with washing.
very correct

2 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by Ifakiland(m): 1:48pm On Oct 02, 2016
How can ur wife be washing plates for ur younger broda Are u an idiot
Ure now a married man, act like one, if ur bro is gonna be living with u, he shuld get down and do d washing....or go find himself anoda apartment.
For u to be asking dis question sef...I pity ur wife already.

102 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Oct 02, 2016
Acheron:

So if he's an adult he should just wash the plate he used?.

How selfish could some people be.

14 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by Acheron: 1:55pm On Oct 02, 2016
herbie27:
So if he's an adult he should just wash the plate he used?.

How selfish could some people be.

You expect a grown man to wash plates used by his brother, wife and kid(s)?

How unreasonable can some people be?

16 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by oloriooko(m): 1:55pm On Oct 02, 2016
bodmas119:
my younger brother is leaving with us but my wife used to complaint to me he doesn't wash plates, pls how should I handle the matter peacefully coz am confused.

Bros some questions
1. Do you have house help?
2. Is your brother employed?
3. Does your bro help with house chores?

Answer me first b4 I can offer my help

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by bodmas119(m): 2:02pm On Oct 02, 2016
we don't have house help, my brother just graduated from university he used to fetch water and do some house chores.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by pattybf(f): 2:04pm On Oct 02, 2016
Acheron:

why cant he also cook his own food in his own kitchen?

if ur bro is too big to help around d house, he should be big enough to get his own apartment too!

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 02, 2016
Acheron:

You expect a grown man to wash plates used by his brother, wife and kid(s)?

How unreasonable can some people be?
Did op mention Brother, Wife and Kids?.
For a family to move forward responsibilities are shared.
If he ate with his Brother who i assume is older and wife, instead of advicing him to wash his personal plate, he could wash all, it won't kill.
If he's so all grown up what is he doing in his brother's house?.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by missKiffy(f): 2:07pm On Oct 02, 2016
It depends on his age, if he's just a little boy, I think she should wash it but if he's an adult, let him wash his plate himself

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Oct 02, 2016
bodmas119:
we don't have house help,
my brother just graduated from university
he used to fetch water and do some house chores.
Then he can support your wife if the chores are too much for her.

9 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by chigoizie7(m): 2:12pm On Oct 02, 2016
If u have kids who can wash plates, let ur kids do the washing, but if u don't ,that means ur marriage is still very young. So ur wife should do the washing, that is if ur brother is already an adult, say above 19 or so,

What is wrong with women sef? Common plate, they are complaining, she should know that men are not domestic in nature. I am not saying that he can't wash it, but making a big deal out of it is what I don't understand.

Did u just say graduated from the university? And also fetch water and help in other chores? And u are keeping mute at ur wives rants? Brother I pity u, na to also demand that ur brother washes una clothes remain oh.

Some women no get sense at all, how long does she think a graduate will continue putting up with a brother? Forever?

If na me be ur brother, the kind treatment I go give her, she will choose devil in place of having me under same roof, what nonsense.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Oct 02, 2016
bodmas119:

A university graduate.... hian! Your brother is no longer a boy, he is now a man. That he is still managing under your roof doesn't make him less a man. Since you already alluded to the fact that he helps with house chores as well as fetching of water at home, I think your brother is doing enough. Your wife should not try to force him to wash plates, men naturally don't fancy domestic chores like plate washing .

If he prepares a meal for himself, he can wash his own plates, but you forcing him to wash the plates you and your wife ate from is demeaning.

Lastmumu

39 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by ikp120(m): 2:16pm On Oct 02, 2016
My guy please change the topic. He is not washing plates for your wife, but for you (ie your family), because your wife is not your maid. You are as much a plate washer as your wife. There is no gender that has the responsibility to wash plate or to do any other chore for that matter, except to supply sperm and dick (male) and to supply hole and egg (female).

Back to the issue, your brother is not part of your immediate family, he is more like a visitor (irrespective of how you see it) because he is not your son. So he has no responsibility to do chores in your house except he volunteers to, which he has not volunteered to do yet. Therefore the only thing you can do is to get your wife to talk to him to help with the washing of plates. Women (not bitches o) are generally soft spoken. She should use sense o. You could also do the talking, but use sense o.

The guy should see reasons with you guys; but please that's not his responsibility except he accepts to make it his responsibility.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by Acheron: 2:17pm On Oct 02, 2016
pattybf:

why cant he also cook his own food in his own kitchen?

if ur bro is too big to help around d house, he should be big enough to get his own apartment too!
So younger bros cannot visit their older brothers again to spend some couple of days?

Who was washing the plates before he came around? If it is the wife, what problem does she have with an additional plate?

I repeat, if the younger bro is in his teens, he should assist in washing the dishes but if he's a grown man, he should wash his own or just leave it for the wife to wash. It's her DUTY. Cry me a river.

Cc herbie27

17 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by jackie3B(f): 2:22pm On Oct 02, 2016
dia is no big deal Na...he should help out if he is chanced ooi.unless he is grown man

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Oct 02, 2016
Acheron:

So younger bros cannot visit their older brothers again to spend some couple of days?

Who was washing the plates before he came around? If it is the wife, why problem does she have with an additional plate?

I repeat, if the younger bro is in his teens, he should assist in washing the dishes [s]but if he's a grown man, he should was his own[/s] or just leave it for the wife to wash. It's her DUTY. Cry me a river.

Cc her.bie27
The part i cancelled, if he's a grown man she won't be giving him dishes to wash, so he will have no business in the kitchen.
Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by Acheron: 2:24pm On Oct 02, 2016
herbie27:
The part i cancelled, if he's a grown man she won't be giving him dishes to wash, so he will have no business in the kitchen.
Then why are you disturbing my mentions?

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Oct 02, 2016
Acheron:

Then why are you disturbing my mentions?
The same way you disturbed mine.
But asking him to wash dishes for himself is quit selfish...you didn't imagine how the wife will feel if he does that.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by Acheron: 2:34pm On Oct 02, 2016
herbie27:
The same way you disturbed mine.
But asking him to wash dishes for himself is quit selfish...you didn't imagine how the wife will feel if he does that.
He shouldn't be in the kitchen in the first place in an ideal situation but in a situation where the wife is demanding he assists in washing then he should just wash his own and get the Bleep outta the kitchen.

It's highly irresponsible of a wife though to expect a grown man who is visiting to wash plates. In an ideal situation, he shouldn't even know what their kitchen looks like unless on days when the wife isn't home to cook and serve his meal.

12 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by Utchgirl(f): 2:36pm On Oct 02, 2016
@ bodma119 plz listen 2 wht LastMumu said. Believe me,dt is jus d Undiluted truth.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by Adiwana: 2:45pm On Oct 02, 2016
I believe house chores are natutally divided.
Fetching of water,pounding yam,washing cars+father's clothes are part of men's work.while general cleaning,washing of plates,cooking,washing all belong to women.
Now,my sister can't be lying down on the bed and am sweeping the house.while I can't be there and she's washing the car.etc etc.hope u got my point
Ur bro is an adult And as such he's expected to do the aforementioned even without being told.But the issue of washing plate is not his duty neither is it urs.its that of ur wife/kids.But also ur wife is not meant to wash his plates.Rather ur Bros after eating should immediately wash his dishes and any found in the sink(if he wants).The reason for washing only his plates only is for ur wife not to see it as an insult that after eating,he expects her to wash his plates..
My 2kobo.peace

10 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Oct 02, 2016
bodmas119:

He just graduated, means he is not a kid and he even fetches water and does other chores. He shouldn't be made to wash plates then.
Your wife is being funny! it's not like he just stays home lazy doing nothing, he fetches water and does other chores. Tell her to let him be, he shouldn't wash plates. He is your brother, not your houseboy. Because you're helping him with accommodation, doesn't mean he is your slave. Tomorrow he may become greater than you and even help you, so you better treat him well. Help me ask your wife if It was her younger brother who just graduated from the university and fetches water and does other chores, if she would still force him to wash plates?
You better learn how to control your wife and not her controlling you.

15 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by daryoor(m): 3:03pm On Oct 02, 2016
if the people in this incidence are yoruba, then the wife should not complain, the culture does not allow you to call the little guy by name talkless of demanding he wash the plates at home. the guy should only respect himself and wash his own plate. then if she's heavily pregnant he should help her out often.

respect your brother that has been with you unconditionally all your life. love your wife unconditionally but in situations like this you need to remember that, that b.itch chose you because of what you have.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by Richy4(m): 3:06pm On Oct 02, 2016
Would you like to explain this OP

When your brother finished eating, what does he do with the plates he used in eating? does he dump it in the sink waiting for it to wash itself magically, or does he wash it himself?

I will suggest that you go and check how much dishwasher is. I guess it might not be expensive...(that is if you cannot resolve the matter).....That's a little price u can pay for peace to reign in your home....

5 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Oct 02, 2016
for peace to reign, tell your younger brother to wash his plates after eating.

You cant take sides in this situation so you have this option alone smiley

Evegran smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Women! Please Stay With Your Husbands: / Housewife or Working Woman? / I Am Scared To Leave My Fiance Behind For My Studies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.