Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,955 members, 7,806,763 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! (43556 Views)

Would You Change Your Religion For Love? / The Fake Prophecy About TB Joshua’s Death Is Not From Me - Prophet / Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by atoleybaba(m): 11:48am On Oct 07, 2016
realmindz:

How are u a descendant of Adam? any prove?
Leave the jews, their gods and mythology alone
biblical proof
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by plaetton: 12:36pm On Oct 07, 2016
lexiyandra:
It has been historically proven that Jesus existed. Where there is contention is if he is the Son Of God. That is where faith come in. I choose to exercise my faith and accept Jesus is Lord. We make plans for tomorrow even when we have no proof that we won't die in our sleep. That in itself is Faith.

It has been historically proven by whom, and when ? shocked
Do you mind sharing and updating that proof with us here ?
Because, as far as many of us know, there has been ZERO proof that Jesus actually existed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by Mujtahida: 1:40pm On Oct 07, 2016
dadaic:

I thought I was free myself when I had my thoughts like you did. And just when things were going well, I thought my life was my own doing. My brother, things I would have had in my hands, I lost them all. I went to God, and he gave me something I never thought I would have. I am not going to force you to love God, or love the Bible. I never will do that, but I have not seen a complete book like the Bible, nor a complete person like God. I only ask, if you were to play God for once, what would be the first thing you would do? Or better still, if the devil were to play God for once, and God took a day to relax, what would you think would happen to the world? If you say the Bible God is not the true God, who is then?

I appreciate your tone. Well to answer you: if I were God I'd speak to each person in his/her heart in a way that is unmistakable-not through prophets, books, pastors, Bishops, Seers etc. Speech, my brother is the first intimacy of the human heart and the basis for all true heart relationship. Before there was any book there speech. So if God chooses to limit himself to speaking in a book or to a select group who act as his broadcasters then he has shut himself off from the beings with whom he is portrayed as earnestly desiring to relate with. I cannot obey, serve, worship, relate with a God who speak to me through proxies.
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by rexben(m): 1:58pm On Oct 07, 2016
xnsandrxns:

I wouldn't base my argument on what jesus said or didn't say
I really do not recognise his authority
God's son indeed
Why are you people so afraid of being free?
What has religion done for you?
You people go around talking about your madeup god without even thinking for yourself
Freedom won't kill you my friend
Give it a try
Religion? I'm not a religious person, i don't belong to any religion. I'm not a Christian.
I understand your atheism view point. Whether you accept or not, God exists, He sent His son Jesus to come and show mankind how to please Him
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by rexben(m): 2:00pm On Oct 07, 2016
atoleybaba:
you must have read john 3:16 and 17:3 and it is very easy to comprehend. Also 1john 4:9,10(go and read it) also explain further that God sent Jesus to die for us.Since one man, the perfect man Adam, brought sin and
death on us through disobedience, a perfect man obedient
even till death was needed to release us from that burden.
The Bible explains it this way: “Just as through the
disobedience of the one man many were made sinners, so
also through the obedience of the one person many will be
made righteous.” (Romans 5:19 ) Jesus was that “one
person.” He left heaven, became a perfect man * , and died in
our behalf. As a result, it is possible for us to have a
righteous standing with God and gain the prospect of
endless life.
When did Jesus say God sent Him to come and die for the sins of the world? Pls, i need bible reference
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by rexben(m): 2:11pm On Oct 07, 2016
Zenlife:

And your knowledge of Jesus is a personal one via direct association independent of Christian religion?

Any knowledge of the origin of Christianity?
Pls, i would not like to be off point when answering your questions. Pls can you rephrase your questions ?
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by atoleybaba(m): 3:06pm On Oct 07, 2016
rexben:
When did Jesus say God sent Him to come and die for the sins of the world? Pls, i need bible reference
romans 5:19
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by Zenlife: 3:31pm On Oct 07, 2016
rexben:
Pls, i would not like to be off point when answering your questions. Pls can you rephrase your questions ?

Chill out.
It's not that academic.
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by honourhim: 4:40pm On Oct 07, 2016
xnsandrxns:

Of course
they get defensive and offensive
The first thing I gained with being unreligious is my common sense
Have a good day

See how stupid you sound. What have you achieved with your so called common sense?
Obviously you have nothing to show hence your stupid answer.
You people are just empty noise makers.
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by Wilgrea7(m): 5:13pm On Oct 07, 2016
plaetton:

It has been historically proven by whom, and when ? shocked
Do you mind sharing and updating that proof with us here ?
Because, as far as many of us know, there has been ZERO proof that Jesus actually existed.

actually there's a lot of historical proofs that Jesus existed. most historical proofs don't acknowledge him as the son of God but the concrete proof is there that he did exist
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by plaetton: 5:26pm On Oct 07, 2016
Wilgrea7:

actually there's a lot of historical proofs that Jesus existed. most historical proofs don't acknowledge him as the son of God but the concrete proof is there that he did exist

Repeating that a thousand times is still not proof.

Pls help Show us some of the proofs, because I haven't seen any yet.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by xnsandrxns: 5:28pm On Oct 07, 2016
honourhim:

See how stupid you sound. What have you achieved with your so called common sense?
Obviously you have nothing to show hence your stupid answer.
You people are just empty noise makers.
Peace bro
Fight on for your god
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by Wilgrea7(m): 6:00pm On Oct 07, 2016
plaetton:

Repeating that a thousand times is still not proof.
Pls help Show us some of the proofs, because I haven't seen any yet.

www.Google. com
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by plaetton: 6:11pm On Oct 07, 2016
Wilgrea7:

www.Google. com
Lol. grin
I just googled.com.
I didn't see any proof on Google.com.

Can you kindly put the link here.
Thank you in advance.
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by oaroloye(m): 6:30pm On Oct 07, 2016
SHALOM!

My name is Olatunde Aroloye, and I am a Born Again, Full-Gospel, Pentecostal Christian or 35 years' standing.

I have been unaffiliated with Organized Christianity as of 1985, when progress within that system proved impossible.

I have since learned exactly how Christianity has been compromised, and that there are other people who have been given Truth that Organized Christianity was set up to suppress.

Namely: SCIENTOLOGY, by Lafayette Ronald Hubbard.
Namely: NAGUALISM, by Carlos Castaneda.
Namely, THE CELESTINE PROPHECY, by James Redfield.

hahn:
I know what you are thinking, "my religion is the right one!"

Well, that is what the adherents of other religions also say and there are 4,199, excluding yours, of them

As you can see, the odds are not in your favour undecided

MY RELIGION says:

. MATTHEW 7:12-29.

12. "Therefore all things whatsoever ye would
that men should do to you, do ye even so to them:
for this is The Law and The Prophets."
13. "Enter ye in at the Strait Gate:
for Wide is the Gate, and Broad is the Way,
that leadeth to Destruction,
and many there be which go in thereat:
14. "Because Strait is the Gate, and Narrow is The Way,
which leadeth unto Life, and few there be that find it.
15. "Beware of False Prophets,
which come to you in sheep's clothing,
but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16. "Ye shall know them by their Fruits.
Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17. "Even so every good tree bringeth forth Good Fruit;
but a corrupt tree bringeth forth Evil Fruit.
18. "A Good Tree cannot bring forth Evil Fruit,
neither can a Corrupt Tree bring forth Good Fuit.
19. "Every Tree that bringeth not forth Good Fruit
is hewn down, and cast into The Fire.
20. "Wherefore by their Fruits ye shall know them.
21. "Not every one that saith unto me, 'Lord, Lord,'
shall enter into The Kingdom of Heaven;
but he that doeth The Will of my Father Which is in Heaven.
22. "Many will say to me in That Day,

'LORD, LORD, HAVE WE NOT
PROPHESIED IN THY NAME?
AND IN THY NAME
HAVE CAST OUT DEVILS?
AND IN THY NAME
DONE MANY WONDERFUL WORKS?'

23. "And then will I profess unto them,

'I NEVER KNEW YOU:
DEPART FROM ME,
YE THAT WORK INIQUITY.'

24. "Therefore whosoever heareth
these Sayings of mine, and doeth them,
I will liken him unto a Wise Man,
which built his House upon a Rock:
25. "And the rain descended, and the floods came,
and the winds blew, and beat upon that House;
and it Fell not: for it was founded upon a Rock.
26. "And every one that heareth
these Sayings of mine, and doeth them not,
shall be likened unto a Foolish Man,
which built his house upon the Sand:
27. "And the rain descended, and the floods came,
and the winds blew, and beat upon that House;
and it Fell: and Great was The Fall of it."
28. And it came to pass,
when Jesus had ended these Sayings,
the People were astonished at his Doctrine:
29. For he Taught them as One having Authority,
and not as the scribes.

THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY TO LIFE: PERIOD.

This is not something that we GAMBLE on: we deal in Absolute Certainty.

The ONLY Way to be ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN of anything is to go by RESULTS- not by THEORY.

The FRUITS of A Religion determine whether it comes from God or not.

Let us also put into consideration that there 7 versions of hell, ie 7 religions who also have hell (aside from yours),

the odds are still not in your favor.

It is a very silly idea to think that The True Religion is determined by which AfterLife exists or not.

There is no reason to believe that any claimed AfterLife does not Exist.

The Spiritual Realm is a vast place. There is plenty of room for many Hells, many Paradises, and plenty of space in the SEVEN HEAVENS, where YAHWEH GOD Rules.

. JOHN 14:1-18.

"LET not your heart be troubled:
ye believe in God,
believe also in me.
2. "In my Father's House
are many Mansions:
if it were not so,
I would have told you.
I go to prepare a place for you.
3. "And if I go and prepare a place for you,
I will come again,
and receive you unto myself;
that where I am,
there ye may be also.
4. "And whither I go ye know,
and The Way ye know."
5. Thomas saith unto him,
"Lord, we know not whither thou goest;
and how can we know The Way?"
6. Jesus saith unto him,
"I am The Way, The Truth, and The Life:
no man cometh unto The Father, but by me.
7. "If ye had known me,
ye should have Known my Father also:
and from henceforth ye Know Him,
and have seen Him."
8. Philip saith unto him,
"Lord, shew us the Father,
and it sufficeth us."
9. Jesus saith unto him,
"Have I been so long time with you,
and yet hast thou not known me, Philip?
He that hath seen me hath seen The Father;
and how sayest thou then,

'SHEW US THE FATHER?'

10. "Believest thou not
that I am in the Father,
and the Father in me?
The Words that I speak unto you
I speak not of myself:
but the Father that dwelleth in me,
he doeth The Works.
11. "Believe me
that I am in The Father,
and The Father in me:
or else believe me
for the very Works' sake.
12. "Verily, verily, I say unto you,

'HE THAT BELIEVETH ON ME,
THE WORKS THAT I DO
SHALL HE DO ALSO;'

and Greater (Works) than these shall he do;
because I go unto my Father.
13. "And whatsoever ye shall ask in my Name,
that will I do,
that The Father may be glorified in The Son.
14. "If ye shall ask any thing in my Name,
I will do it.
15. "If ye love me,
keep my Commandments.
16. "And I will pray The Father,
and He shall give you another Comforter,
that He may abide with you for ever;
17. "Even The Spirit of Truth;
whom the World cannot receive,
because It seeth him not,
neither knoweth Him:
but ye know him;
for He dwelleth with you,
and shall be in you.
18. "I will not leave you comfortless:
I will come to you."

YAHSHUA SPECIFICALLY SAID THAT THERE ARE MANY DWELLING-PLACES IN HEAVEN- just that HE is the ONLY Way to THE FATHER.

But there is hope! cheesy

This thread aims at helping you identify if your religion is wrong as to as ensure you make the right choice and not end up in the real hell wink

There is no way for you to have known The Truth about HELL.

Even Religions and Spiritual Systems that can authentically see into the Spiritual Realm do not know The Truth about Hell, nor about Death.

What awaits the majority of Mankind is worse than being tortured for Eternity in Fire.

They are challenged to render an instant account of everything they have done with the Life Force issued them from Birth, and if they cannot provide it, they are classified as Animals, and immediately executed in the process of extracting this record by force.

Only those who are able to TOTALLY RECALL their entire life from Birth IMMEDIATELY, are allowed to continue into the AfterLife.

Those who fail are completely torn apart, and their last Spirit Energies devoured by the DEVILS.

This is determined by DIRECT OBSERVATION of DEATH.

[See: THE FIRE FROM WITHIN, by Carlos Castaneda.]

In no particular order, here are common signs you can use in detecting if your religion is the true one and also help you identify the true religion if you happen to come across it.

There is clearly no way that YOU can know anything about "TRUE RELIGIONS," otherwise you would not waste our time like this.

Please note that the true religion will not have any of these traits. smiley

HOW DO YOU KNOW?

1) Your "holy" book has lots of contradictions: Let us assume for instance that you are about to purchase a maths textbook for your kid, or for yourself, and on the first page you see "1+1=11", wouldn't this be enough to make you feel skeptical? Now, let us further imagine that you turn to the next page and the next and the next and keep seeing contradictions, would you still buy the book and even, in obvious stupidity, go around telling people that 1+1=11? undecided

I have never heard of any Holy Book that has said that "ONE PLUS ONE EQUALS ELEVEN."

If you know such a Book, why can't you tel us which one it is?

Cowardice?

. 1st JOHN 5:7.

7. For there are three that bear record in Heaven,
The Father, The Word, and The Holy Ghost:
and these Three are One.

In the Christian Religion, the Trinitarians believe that God is Three Entities who are one.

Is there anything wrong with that?

Is that what you are calling a "CONTRADICTION?"

MODERN SCIENCE has leaned recently that any part of a higher Organism can be used to create an exact duplicate, called a CLONE.

These clones can be raised to look identical, so that one cannot see any difference between them in adult form.

Yet all of them will have identical DNA- they are one being.

IDENTICAL TWINS, TRIPLETS, QUADRUPLETS and FIVETUPLETS all came from the same one cell.

They are one, down to the molecular level.

Is there anything wrong with that statement?

Anything illogical or contradictory there?

Are you not in fact merely reviling things you know nothing about?

If your "holy" book has these contradictions, it would be wise to throw it in the trash can. This is an obvious sign that your religion is false.

THERE ARE FOUR CATEGORIES OF HUMANS, LIKENED TO ANIMALS:

4. SHEEP: Those who meditate on The Word of God by saying mouthfuls of It to themselves, hundreds into thousands of times per day, until they have completely assimilated and understood It, so that they can produce Full Results off of It.

3. GOATS: Those who meditate on The Word of God, even correctly, but do not find it within themselves to produce more than stunted, sparse results.

2. PIGS: Those who do not meditate and find answers within themselves, but have others explain The Word of God to them instead- but after they have been washed off by The Truth, they go back to bathe in the same Filthy Habits and Thinking they were just freed from.

1. DOGS: Those who do not find it within themselves to understand, accept, nor believe The Word of God, but vomit it out, until the world makes It more palatable to them- that is, someone else comes to explain It to them.

If The Bible only contained Wisdom an Ignorant person like yourself could understand, what good could It be?

. PROVERBS 1:1-7.

THE Proverbs of Solomon
the son of David,
king of Israel;
2. To Know Wisdom and Instruction;
to perceive the Words of Understanding;
3. To receive the Instruction of Wisdom,
Justice, and Judgment, and Equity;
4. To give subtilty to the Simple,
to the Young Man Knowledge and Discretion.
5. A Wise man will hear,
and will increase learning;
and a Man of Understanding
shall attain unto Wise Counsels:
6. To understand a Proverb,
and the Interpretation;
the Words of The Wise,
and their Dark Sayings.
7. The Fear of The LORD
is The Beginning of Knowledge:
but Fools despise Wisdom and Instruction.

THE BIBLE TEACHES THE SIMPLEST CONCEPTS, THEN THE INTERMEDIATE CONCEPTS, THEN THE ADVANCED KNOWLEDGE.

SINNERS cannot Understand the Advanced Knowledge of God.

It is not your business to know those things; start with what concerns you: you are a SINNER, and you are like a man who built his house upon the Sand.

. DANIEL 12:10.

10. "Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried;
but the Wicked shall do wickedly:
and none of the wicked shall understand;
but the Wise shall understand."

In order find out if your "holy" book fits into this category, it would be advisable that you read it on your own. Do not rely on heresay, your pastor, imam, holy junkie to read and interpret it on your behalf. Pick it up and read it for yourself angry

God will be proud of you smiley

THE PROBLEM IS THAT YOU WERE NOT CAPABLE OF DOING THAT YOURSELF.

Even your own ANALOGY shows how ignorant and unintelligent you are!

In Mathematics, there is a situation where "1 + 1 = 11."

That is BASE TWO, where the only two numerals used are "0" and "1."

In BASE TWO, 11 is TWO!

Therefore, someone taking their child out of Math Class, because they saw "1 + 1 = 11" in a textbook would be a fool indeed.

2) You find a hard time explaining your religion to other people: Whenever someone else asks you "why" about your religious teachings you seem to find it difficult explaining it to them. No matter how hard and long you try to explain, you always seem to end up at a dead end. Most times, your religious teachings just do not make enough sense when you try explaining it to someone else.

The Religions that matter most have millions of adherents, and make millions of proselytes.

They found it very easy to explain themselves.

I have not yet heard of any Religion that found itself difficult to explain to Unbelievers.

You don't seem to know much about Religion yourself, or else you would have given us examples.

Honestly, if your religion was from the one true "God", it wouldn't be that difficult to explain, now would it? undecided

All you do is talk- but there is no substance to what you say.

It is only difficult to explain things when Steps of Learning are omitted.

If you want to begin from The Middle, or the End, or not follow Simple Instructions, DAMN STRAIGHT, explaining anything to you will be impossible.

Afterall, God is not one of confusion. smiley

These statements sound fair and pious to the IGNORANT LAYMAN, whereas those who actually READ The Bible know that when CONFUSION is first described in The Bible, GOD was the SOURCE.

. GENESIS 11:1-9.

AND the whole Earth was of one language,
and of one speech.
2. And it came to pass,
as they journeyed from the East,
that they found a plain in the land of Shinar;
and they dwelt there.
3. And they said one to another,
"Go to, let us make brick,
and burn them thoroughly."
And they had brick for stone,
and slime had they for morter.
4. And they said,
"Go to, let us build us a city and a tower,
whose top may reach unto Heaven;
and let us make us a Name,
lest we be scattered abroad
upon the Face of the whole Earth."
5. And The LORD came down
to see the City and the Tower,
which the Children of Men builded.
6. And The LORD said,
"Behold, the people is one,
and they have all one language;
and this they begin to do:
and now nothing will be restrained from them,
which they have imagined to do.
7. "Go to, let us go down,
and there confound their language,
that they may not understand one another's speech."
8. So The LORD scattered them abroad from thence
upon the Face of all the Earth:
and they left off to build the City.
9. Therefore is the name of it called Babel;
because The LORD did there
confound the language of all the Earth:
and from thence did The LORD
scatter them abroad
upon the Face of all the Earth.

EVERY CRITIC OF THE BIBLE HAS TO KNOW THIS STORY.

Therefore you know that you are deliberately lying to mislead the ignorant.

. GENESIS 19:11.

11. And they smote the men
that were at the door
of the house with blindness,
both small and great:
so that they wearied themselves
to find the door.

IS THIS HOW YOU MAD PEOPLE SEE YOURSELVES- AS SMITING THE PROTESTANTS AND NON-CATHOLICS WITH BLINDNESS- TO PREVENT WHAT YOU SEE AS DESECRATION OF THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOD, WHICH YOU SEE AS YOUR MASTER'S PERSONAL PROPERTY?

3) Your religion seems to be plagiarized from other older religions: This one is a hard one to notice especially if you do not have adequate knowledge of other religions. If your religion has similar stories from other older religions then your religion is obviously fake. Afterall, God doesn't copy and paste. smiley

THE KEMITES have this THEORY, that the TEN COMMANDMENTS are PLAGIARIZED from the 42 CONFESSIONS TO THE GODDESS MAAT.

(Maybe they learned Mathematics from YOUR Jesuit School?)

Therefore the 613 COMMANDMENTS of THE LAW OF MOSES must be plagiarized from EGYPTIAN MYTHOLOGY.

YAHWEH GOD creates a NEW CIVILIZATION- and he is supposed to throw out EVERY COMMONLY KNOWN CONCEPT OF RIGHT & WRONG?

CONSCIENCE is the basis of CIVILIZED BEHAVIOR- therefore all Religions generally have Commandments in common, to prevent Anarchy and Chaos, such as YOU are trying to induce.

To verify this, you would have to read up on ancient religions and point out the similarities with yours. If there are any, your religion is false.

www.google.com is a good place to start. And it's FREE! grin

That does not follow.

That is like invalidating someone pointing at the Moon, because other people have also pointed at the same thing.

Do you apply this same reasoning to ART, or to SCIENCE?

An artwork is not art, because someone else also made something similar?

A Scientific Discovery is not real, or the Discoverer is a fake genius, because someone else discovered the same thing before?

Do you renounce CHARLES DARWIN, because he PLAGIARIZED ALFRED BUTLER?

Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by Wilgrea7(m): 6:33pm On Oct 07, 2016
plaetton:

Lol. grin
I just googled.com.

Thank you in advance.

search for the accounts of tactcus, josephus etc

http://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/daily/people-cultures-in-the-bible/jesus-historical-jesus/did-jesus-exist/
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by Wilgrea7(m): 6:39pm On Oct 07, 2016
plaetton:

Lol. grin
I just googled.com.

Thank you in advance.

http://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/daily/people-cultures-in-the-bible/jesus-historical-jesus/did-jesus-exist/

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/Thread-Jesus-apparently-existed-outside-of-the-bible

please visit the links above... thanks
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by realmindz: 6:45pm On Oct 07, 2016
atoleybaba:
biblical proof
Adam and Eve populated all the races of whites, blacks, arabs and billions of people in the world within a period of 6000 years.

Discuss in one paragraph

Hint: Babylonian, Egyptian ancient civilisations date back to about 5000 to 8000 years ago and have no trace of adam and eve
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by realmindz: 7:03pm On Oct 07, 2016
Wilgrea7:

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/Thread-Jesus-apparently-existed-outside-of-the-bible

please visit the links above... thanks
These are far from being proofs...

Just search on google for Caeser who was even before Jesus and u will the difference. Jesus did not exist, he was a fictional character wen creating the book of mind control...

pls try to research on the true origin of christianity, the bible, other holy books and you will dump christianity for life
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by CAPSLOCKED: 7:13pm On Oct 07, 2016
beautydutch:
because every good gift comes from God

THIS IS THE EXACT REASON WHY PEOPLE LIKE YOU DO NOT GET ANY PRESENTS FROM ANYONE YOUR WHOLE LIFE.
I'M SURE YOUR BOYFRIEND & FAMILY SIMPLY IGNORES YOU ON YOUR BIRTHDAYS.

SOMEBODY GIVES YOU SOMETHING PRETTY, YOU NEVER APPRECIATE THEM INSTEAD YOU GIVE THANKS TO A NON EXISTING MYTHICAL FELLOW.

Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by Wilgrea7(m): 7:14pm On Oct 07, 2016
realmindz:

Just search on google for Caeser who was even before Jesus and u will the difference. Jesus did not exist, he was a fictional character wen creating the book of mind control...

pls try to research on the true origin of christianity, the bible, other holy books and you will dump christianity for life

ok. i will research on it tho.. there is a particular website i was on .. “the reluctant messenger". it talks about some journeys of Jesus also in other religions
i will look up the origins as u told me sha

thanks
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by DeepSight(m): 7:18pm On Oct 07, 2016
plaetton:

Lol. grin
I just googled.com.

Thank you in advance.

https://www.nairaland.com/368387/krayola-state-case-historical-jesus

This is an interesting and thought provoking thread from the old days. It has strong arguments for and against a historical Jesus.

The OP, one of the most intelligent atheists ever on this board, left the forum later saying he had realized he was influencing people more than he thought, or so.

PS: Added the red text.

1 Like

Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by Ranchhoddas: 7:27pm On Oct 07, 2016
realmindz:

How did you come about this information?
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:32pm On Oct 07, 2016
DeepSight:

This is an interesting and thought provoking thread from the old days . [b]It has strong arguments against a historical Jesus.[\b]
The OP, one of the most intelligent atheists ever on this board, left the forum later saying he had realized he was influencing people more than he thought, or so.

Didnt see any worthy arguments but Jesus' marital status has been a seriously contentious issue https://www.nairaland.com/3187004/wow-harvard-professor-reveals-truth
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:34pm On Oct 07, 2016
realmindz:

Daft comment , so daft you should be ashamed of yourself bro .
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by plaetton: 7:35pm On Oct 07, 2016
DeepSight:

This is an interesting and thought provoking thread from the old days. It has strong arguments against a historical Jesus.

Thanks Depardo. wink
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by DeepSight(m): 7:46pm On Oct 07, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Didnt see any worthy arguments but Jesus' marital status has been a seriously contentious issue https://www.nairaland.com/3187004/wow-harvard-professor-reveals-truth

I edited my post above to indicate that there were arguments for and against.

I personally don't know for sure the truth of the matter.

There could have been a historical person, or even several historical persons around whom the various stories formed - I do not know, nor is it of particular importance to me.
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:58pm On Oct 07, 2016
DeepSight:

I edited my post above to indicate that there were arguments for and against.

I personally don't know for sure the truth of the matter.

There could have been a historical person, or even several historical persons around whom the various stories formed - I do not know, [b]nor is it of particular importance to me.[\b]

Ok sir , no problem .

But have you ever considered , "what if I was wrong about deism and the divinity of Christ " ?
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by DeepSight(m): 8:08pm On Oct 07, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Ok sir , no problem .

But have you ever considered , "what if I was wrong about deism and the divinity of Christ " ?

Yes, very much - I have thought about it very much indeed; by way of a little history I once was very very passionately Christian, but this dissipated about the age of twenty/ early twenties.

I have still thought about it more recently.

The reason the question doesn't bother me is because I do not imagine that a Divine being such as God is, with its transcendent quality, will assess mere human spirits on their understanding, grasp or cognition of specific divine relationships of transcendental divine beings.

I honestly believe that is too much to demand of any earthling - and if demanded, would appear an unfair and unnecessary demand.
I would think that the purity of heart of an earthling is what should count in such a matter. And I believe that this is what was taught by Jesus (as conveyed in the Bible).

In all such cases I always refer people to one of my all time favorite posts ever made on Nairaland - made by probably the wisest man ever to grace this forum, M_Nwankwo -

https://www.nairaland.com/687376/true-meaning-love-nwankwo

I have expressed similar views using the Parable of the Good Samaritan as a benchmark -

https://www.nairaland.com/634923/wallace-cannot-good-god-does#8025566
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by honourhim: 9:15pm On Oct 07, 2016
xnsandrxns:

Peace bro
Fight on for your god
Not fighting for God. Just showing you that atheism is as empty as its definition. Some of you see it as a big achievement that automatically places you above us in life. Its not.
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by realmindz: 9:38pm On Oct 07, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Daft comment , so daft you should be ashamed of yourself bro .

lipsrsealed
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by Nobody: 11:00pm On Oct 07, 2016
Mujtahida:

I appreciate your tone. Well to answer you: if I were God I'd speak to each person in his/her heart in a way that is unmistakable-not through prophets, books, pastors, Bishops, Seers etc. Speech, my brother is the first intimacy of the human heart and the basis for all true heart relationship. Before there was any book there speech. So if God chooses to limit himself to speaking in a book or to a select group who act as his broadcasters then he has shut himself off from the beings with whom he is portrayed as earnestly desiring to relate with. I cannot obey, serve, worship, relate with a God who speak to me through proxies.

In so many ways, I say I totally understand you. People like you question everything, and that is totally right. You need answers, and most of all, I can't give them to you. You said the things you would do if you were God. But you aren't, and I am not. All I know about this life is, the more we think we know, we know nothing. People have gained wisdom beyond our understanding, people have gone through the depth of understanding life in so many ways, but have lost it. I can't say I understand the thoughts of God. But I am sure of one thing, that the bible wasn't written by someone to make it fit to some particular generics. It was written as it happened. The things of the metaphysical agrees that there is a greater power, and the bible proofs who has such powers. God. I can't stop the wrought happening in this world, and I do know that even if God gave us the time to speak through us, it doesn't stop us from being sinners or being who we are.

Do you remember the story of when Jesus Christ was hung on the cross. When he said "Father, forgive them, because they don't know what they are doing''. Do you remember what the people around said? He saved a lot of people, why can't he save himself? Did you ask yourself the same question you are asking me, Why didn't God appear there to show himself? Because there was a reason.. And that reason, I do not understand, and that is why we do not understand the ways of God. You have said what you would do if you were God. But you aren't.

Do you remember the guy who was saved, the criminal. Who said to the other criminal ''we deserve what we got, despite our sins, you and I do not deserve to condemn Jesus'' And Jesus answered, '"Truly I say to you, today you shall be with Me in Paradise". This criminal was not baptized by any Pastor, this criminal didn't give his life to Christ the way we do in Churches, this criminal did not go to any Theological school, this criminal only accepted in his heart that God truly exist. And he was saved. My dear, I have no idea what you are going through, and you need not go to Church to believe, for me, I live like this Criminal, and I accept Jesus Christ like this Criminal because he has saved me more than a million times. I totally believe there is a greater power, I believe totally in God. I believe Jesus Christ died for my sins, I believe totally in Christianity, and I will give my world to live in Christ.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Mike Bamiloye Has This For Nigerian Artistes Who Left Church For Secular Music / Winners Chapel Pastor Turned Babalawo: The Devil Lied To You And You Believed It / Chima Ikwunado: Apostle Chibuzor Chinyere Gifts Mini Estate Apartment To Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.