Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! (43535 Views)

Would You Change Your Religion For Love? / The Fake Prophecy About TB Joshua’s Death Is Not From Me - Prophet / Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by oluamid(m): 1:37am On Oct 08, 2016
KingOfAmebo:

Keep looking for fault and you won't be disappointed but it would be more productive if you look for truth rather that waste your time and energy in looking for faults. Did you read the part I said "Salvation is personal" and "If you seek God earnestly he will reveal himself to you"?

Point of correction, I don't believe in the Bible but rather i believe in our Lord Jesus Christ who came to save the world, died on the cross for our sins, resurrected the third day and is now sitting on the right hand of the throne with God Almighty. To say one believed in the Bible is like saying one is worshipping the Bible...the Bible is just a guide written by people who are filled with the Holy Spirit to relay God's message...mind you you cannot read the Bible like you read a novel to fully understand every message in it, you need to pray before reading and God will reveal passages to you and you will feel like God is speaking to you directly. So, my friend...don't compare the Bible with other books, history alone should be enough to tell you the difference.

The biggest problem and challenge an Atheist has is that he thinks he knows God well enough to condemn him but in reality he continues to display his ignorance of the knowledge of God.

A common trait of all Atheists is that they speak with bitterness and anger, they feel abandoned and as such direct their anger to God and denying his existence to satisfy their assumption. This action further makes them rebellious to God but God in his infinite mercy is always there to accept and forgive them only if they go down on their knees and pray for forgiveness and seek that God reveal himself to them...once this is done there will be an instant peace of mind an undescribable experience. You will experience God's touch for the first time in your life and never again have any doubts of his existence.

First, I didn't speak with anything near anger or frustration. I only pointed out that the Bible was written by someone too just to buttress your point about there being no new knowledge that everything known has already been written by someone else.

Second, stop making assumptions that you know atheists, how they think, or what made them arrive at their atheistic beliefs. You don't. No one does except the atheist himself.

Third, atheists have no need to 'know' god. Why want to know what does not exist? The only prove anyone had/has of god has always been faith. Sorry, that doesn't work for me.

Fourth, I personally do not care one way or the other what the next man choose to believe in. I will however take offence when he tries to tell me what to believe in like you and a lot of other theists I know are constantly doing.

Lastly, the worst thing you could do is to preach at me. Don't. It's a complete waste of time. If you want to have a conversation, no problem, but please don't preach at me. It's so so condescending. Stop trying to fix what is not broken.

Have a great one please!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by realmindz: 4:43am On Oct 08, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
How did you come about this information?
When was he born? There are too many inconsistencies in his stories....

And a supposed loving and perfect man born of yaweh who isn't all loving and perfect, Yaweh the consuming fire and warlord.

You think his son suddenly becomes all perfect and sinless, that's the imaginative work of a lazy writer...
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by xnsandrxns: 5:41am On Oct 08, 2016
honourhim:

Not fighting for God. Just showing you that atheism is as empty as its definition. Some of you see it as a big achievement that automatically places you above us in life. Its not.
Even though I don't see it as an achievement
Freedom is something you should hunger for
Learn to reason for yourself
I'm sure your god will be proud of you for all the insults you've thrown at me
Peace
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by xnsandrxns: 5:44am On Oct 08, 2016
oluamid:

First, I didn't speak with anything near anger or frustration. I only pointed out that the Bible was written by someone too just to buttress your point about there being no new knowledge that everything known has already been written by someone else.

Second, stop making assumptions that you know atheists, how they think, or what made them arrive at their atheistic beliefs. You don't. No one does except the atheist himself.

Third, atheists have no need to 'know' god. Why want to know what does not exist? The only prove anyone had/has of god has always been faith. Sorry, that doesn't work for me.

Fourth, I personally do not care one way or the other what the next man choose to believe in. I will however take offence when he tries to tell me what to believe in like you and a lot of other theists I know are constantly doing.

Lastly, the worst thing you could do is to preach at me. Don't. It's a complete waste of time. If you want to have a conversation, no problem, but please don't preach at me. It's so so condescending. Stop trying to fix what is not broken.

Have a great one please!

Case closed
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by Ranchhoddas: 9:18am On Oct 08, 2016
realmindz:

When was he born? There are too many inconsistencies in his stories....

And a supposed loving and perfect man born of yaweh who isn't all loving and perfect, Yaweh the consuming fire and warlord.

You think his son suddenly becomes all perfect and sinless, that's the imaginative work of a lazy writer...
This is rather lame. How does this show that He's fictional?
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by beautydutch(f): 9:19am On Oct 08, 2016
CAPSLOCKED:

THIS IS THE EXACT REASON WHY PEOPLE LIKE YOU DO NOT GET ANY PRESENTS FROM ANYONE YOUR WHOLE LIFE.
I'M SURE YOUR BOYFRIEND & FAMILY SIMPLY IGNORES YOU ON YOUR BIRTHDAYS.

SOMEBODY GIVES YOU SOMETHING PRETTY, YOU NEVER APPRECIATE THEM INSTEAD YOU GIVE THANKS TO A NON EXISTING MYTHICAL FELLOW.

ok sir
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by realmindz: 12:05pm On Oct 08, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
This is rather lame. How does this show that He's fictional?
have you been able to prove otherwise?

what I about to type below I knw is rly lame and weird but lemme fvck up ur chisos a little bit..

He was born as a human, a living thing and living things demonstrate attributes such as nutrition, response to stimuli, death, reproduction and excretion...
have u ever wondered how chisos shi.t and fart or how he gains erection or when he has wet dreams...oh u think his balls are for decoration?
These are things humans go thru and his perfect nature preached is an exaggeration if he ever existed. That perfect sinless nature is fictional...
No god has lived forever on earth, the gods aren't perfect
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by Ranchhoddas: 12:33pm On Oct 08, 2016
realmindz:

have you been able to prove otherwise?

what I about to type below I knw is rly lame and weird but lemme fvck up ur chisos a little bit..

He was born as a human, a living thing and living things demonstrate attributes such as nutrition, response to stimuli, death, reproduction and excretion...
have u ever wondered how chisos shi.t and fart or how he gains erection or when he has wet dreams...oh u think his balls are for decoration?
These are things humans go thru and his perfect nature preached is an exaggeration if he ever existed. That perfect sinless nature is fictional...
No god has lived forever on earth, the gods aren't perfect
So He's not fictional then? The person described in the New Testament lived at one point right?
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by Weah96: 1:06pm On Oct 08, 2016
ChemicalReaction:
I respect your opinion. [size=18pt]That aside, if you think religion is a scam, why do you try so much to convince people? [/size] Just live and let live. Don't you think everybody has a reason for believing in something?

shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:09pm On Oct 08, 2016
DeepSight:

Yes, very much - I have thought about it very much indeed; by way of a little history I once was very very passionately Christian, but this dissipated about the age of twenty/ early twenties.

I have still thought about it more recently.

The reason the question doesn't bother me is because I do not imagine that a Divine being such as God is, with its transcendent quality, will assess mere human spirits on their understanding, grasp or cognition of specific divine relationships of transcendental divine beings.

I honestly believe that is too much to demand of any earthling - and if demanded, would appear an unfair and unnecessary demand.
I would think that the purity of heart of an earthling is what should count in such a matter. And I believe that this is what was taught by Jesus (as conveyed in the Bible).

In all such cases I always refer people to one of my all time favorite posts ever made on Nairaland - made by probably the wisest man ever to grace this forum, M_Nwankwo -

https://www.nairaland.com/687376/true-meaning-love-nwankwo

I have expressed similar views using the Parable of the Good Samaritan as a benchmark -

https://www.nairaland.com/634923/wallace-cannot-good-god-does#8025566

Good points raised sir , ill reply soon
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by oaroloye(m): 2:37pm On Oct 08, 2016
SHALOM!

THE SECOND PAGE OF MY RESPONSE TO THE ORIGINAL POST.

hahn:
4) You are required to believe without evidence and only faith : So, you want to buy a house and the real estate manager tells you that the house is beautiful and gives you all the specs of the house but tells you that you cannot see the house but that all you have to do is believe the house is there and make payment for the house, will you pay? undecided

Now, apply this analogy to your faith. If someone tells you to believe whatever it is they are talking about without any proof, my bro/sis, na bobo. Pure scam. Do not risk eternity for such vague and unverifiable promises sad

ONE OF THE ATHEIST BIG-LIES IS THAT THERE IS NO PROOF OF GOD'S EXISTENCE- NOR DOES THE BIBLE OFFER ANY.

. MARK 16:14-20.

14. Afterward he appeared unto the Eleven
as they sat at meat,
and upbraided them with their Unbelief
and hardness of heart,
because they believed not
them which had seen him
after he was risen.
15. And he said unto them,
"Go ye into all the World,
and preach The Gospel
to every creature.
16. "He that believeth
and is baptized shall be Saved;
but he that believeth not
shall be damned.
17. "And these Signs
shall follow them that Believe;

'IN MY NAME SHALL THEY
CAST OUT DEVILS;
THEY SHALL SPEAK WITH NEW TONGUES;
18. "THEY SHALL TAKE UP SERPENTS;
AND IF THEY DRINK ANY DEADLY THING,
IT SHALL NOT HURT THEM;
THEY SHALL LAY HANDS ON THE SICK,
AND THEY SHALL RECOVER.' "

19. So then after the Lord had spoken unto them,
he was received up into Heaven,
and sat on The Right Hand of God.
20. And they went forth,
and preached every where,
The Lord working with them,
and confirming The Word with signs following.
Amen.

THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH TRIED TO REMOVE THESE VERSES FROM THE BIBLE, AND SAY THAT THEY WERE NOT REAL.

They had to do that, because they did not believe The Gospel Yahshua preached, but concocted their own gospel from numerous other systems and schools, which was useless to the layman. They could not deny THIS Scripture:

. JOHN 14:12.

12. "Verily, verily, I say unto you,

'HE THAT BELIEVETH ON ME,
THE WORKS THAT I DO
SHALL HE DO ALSO;'

and greater (Works) than these
shall he do;
because I go unto my Father."

THE BIBLE IS FULL OF TESTIMONIES OF GOD INTERACTING WITH MAN ON THE EARTH.

There was no such thing as people sitting on their yanshes, waiting to die, and have a better AfterLife.

WHY SHOULD MODERN PEOPLE ACCEPT AN INFERIOR GOSPEL?

I do not know- I just know that most do.

I never did.

Well, when I was Born Again, I was dying of Drug-Resistant Chronic Malaria, and did not expect to be able to hold out more than a couple of years.

I had had six years of Bible Religious Studies in School- therefore I knew next to nothing about The Gospel.

I thought that, maybe if I got a bit Religious, perhaps God might not send me to Hell when I died.

I had never been in a church like this one my roommate, Soji O. took me to.

At the end of the Message, he said something I never heard said in a church before, that all who wanted to dedicate their life to Jesus should stand up. There were maybe 200-300 of us in that service- I and three other suckers stood up. The Minister then told us to come down to the pulpit, and kneel down and pray.

Then we were asked to do something else I had never heard of in my life- the minister, EMEKA NWANKPA- told us to repent of our Sins and ask Jesus to come into our heart. I had never heard of such a thing in my life. I complied.

There was an IMMEDIATE REACTION in my body and my mind- which was totally unexpected.

I felt like as if my vision and hearing had changed, and I was in a different World.

A weight like a backpack seemed to fall off of my back, and my body literally felt lighter.

This was the Born Again Experience.

By some thirteen through fifteen years later, began to learn that there were other explanations for what had happened to me that evening.

As far as I was concerned, I had become a CHILD OF GOD, whereas I had been a CHILD OF THE DEVIL before.

I knew that I HAD been CHANGED by something substantial.

However, I still did not know that I could be Healed of CHRONIC MALARIA by my own prayers.

Nor did the Minister say anything like that.

5) You have never seen your God: Your God seems to be invincible, no one has ever seen it, or you have to carve stones and sticks just to see it then your God is nothing but a project of someone else's imagination.

YES! God is indeed INVINCIBLE!

But you, you blockhead, meant to write INVISIBLE!

Learn to SPELL!

I dare you!

As beautiful and magnificent as the sun is we all see it. If your god was so real we would see it.

REALLY? CAN YOU SEE THE SUN AT NIGHT?

God is not invisible- He is just not present.

Trust me, god would have no reason to play hide and seek.

This is where you fools play on the public's ignorance.

Before the 20th Century, it was not known, nor believed that there were minerals that could KILL you, just by their PROXIMITY.

It was PRESUMED that if something were POISONOUS, it would have to TOUCH you, in order to HARM you.

We have since learned differently.

IT WAS PRESUMED, UNTIL THE 20th CENTURY, THAT NOTHING COULD HARM ONE, SIMPLY BY BEING LOOKED AT.

There is an episode of the popular cartoon POKEMON, that sent numerous children to the hospital- simply from their trying to WATCH it!

The reason being that the production was so cheap, that only the minimum number of frames of animation could be produced for the daily show.

(Gee- do I now have to explain the Principles of Cinematic Animation to you all? I have never met a Nigerian student who knew how Animation works!)

The retina of the eye refreshes itself sixteen times per second, therefore, if the still images one is shown are changed sixteen times per second, the brain perceives them as having moved continuously. The more images or "frames" that are changed per second, the more smooth the image appears to move.

24 frames per second is considered good animation.
60 frames per second is considered excellent.

If the images are changed more slowly than 16 frames per second, the brain is able to be aware of the disappearance of the one image, and the appearance of another. The quality of the animation appears to be "POOR."

However, the notorious POKEMON Cartoon went to 5 FRAMES PER SECOND ANIMATION.

This interfered with the ALPHA RHYTHM of the BRAIN- and many children went into EPILEPTIC CONVULSIONS from watching this episode.

It is conceivable that such an animation could KILL someone.

In PARIS, trees planted by roadsides are reportedly staggered, so that motorists and cyclists passing under them are not subjected to a regular rhythm of light flashes, that could affect their brains, shut them down, as they drove or rode, causing an accident.

Apparently, this has happened enough times for it to be perceived to be a threat.

. EXODUS 33:17-20.

17. And the LORD said unto Moses,
"I will do this thing also that thou hast spoken:
for thou hast found Grace in My Sight,
and I know thee by name.
18. And he said,
"I beseech thee, shew me Thy Glory."
19. And He said,
"I will make all My Goodness pass before thee,
and I will proclaim The Name of the LORD before thee;
and will be Gracious to whom I will be Gracious,
and will shew Mercy on whom I will shew Mercy."
20. And He said,
"Thou canst not see My Face:
for there shall no Man see Me, and live."

MOSES WAS THE HOLIEST MAN ALIVE- yet he would not have been able to tolerate viewing God's FACE.

The Spiritual POWER that would be inflicted upon him would have KILLED him.

. EXODUS 34:27-35.

27. And the LORD said unto Moses,
"Write thou these Words:
for after the tenor of these Words
I have made a Covenant
with thee and with Israel."
28. And he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights;
he did neither eat bread, nor drink water.
And He wrote upon the Tables The Words of the Covenant,
The Ten Commandments.
29. And it came to pass,
when Moses came down from mount Sinai
with the two Tables of Testimony in Moses' hand,
when he came down from the mount,
that Moses wist not that the skin of his face shone
while he talked with Him.
30. And when Aaron and all the Children of Israel saw Moses,
behold, the skin of his face shone;
and they were afraid to come nigh him.
31. And Moses called unto them;
and Aaron and all the Rulers of the Congregation
returned unto him: and Moses talked with them.
32. And afterward all the Children of Israel came nigh:
and he gave them in Commandment
all that the LORD had spoken with him in mount Sinai.
33. And till Moses had done speaking with them,
he put a vail on his face.
34. But when Moses went in
before the LORD to speak with Him,
he took the vail off, until he came out.
And he came out, and spake unto The Children of Israel
that which he was Commanded.
35. And the Children of Israel saw the face of Moses,
that the skin of Moses' face shone:
and Moses put the vail upon his face again,
until he went in to speak with him.

GOD MANAGED TO COACH MOSES TO SUCH A STATE OF HOLINESS, THAT HE COULD TOLERATE GOD SPEAKING TO HIM FACE-TO-FACE.

His VIBRATIONAL RATE was so AMPED, that he did not need to EAT nor DRINK when he was with God on mount Sinai.

There are said to be about 100,000 people alive who do that today, called BREATHARIANS.

Of course, you will claim ignorance of their existence.

. JOHN 8:51-53.

51. "Verily, verily, I say unto you,

'IF A MAN KEEP MY SAYING,
HE SHALL NEVER SEE DEATH.' "

52. Then said the Jews unto him,
"Now we know that thou hast a devil.
Abraham is dead, and the Prophets;
and thou sayest,

'IF A MAN KEEP MY SAYING,
HE SHALL NEVER TASTE OF DEATH.'

53. "Art thou greater than our father Abraham,
which is dead?
and the Prophets are dead:
whom makest thou thyself?"

THE HOLINESS AVAILABLE THROUGH OBEDIENCE OF YAHSHUA'S GOSPEL IS ON A DIFFERENT LEVEL TO THAT OF THE ANCIENT PROPHETS.

This is what it takes to SEE God.

. MATTHEW 5:8.

8. "Blessed are the pure in heart:
for they shall see God."

IT IS VERY AMUSING TO SEE POMPOUS FOOLS LIKE BERTRAND RUSSELL, AND RICHARD DAWKINS DECLARE THAT IF GOD EXISTED, THEY WOULD HAVE SEEN HIM- HE SHOULD HAVE COME TO THEM, BEGGING FOR RECOGNITION.

What makes THEM so QUALIFIED?

What makes YOU qualified?

Do you have any idea of what these people you blindly follow represent?

AMERICANS are people who invaded a country that was not theirs,' murdered its inhabitants, took the land, then developed weapons to destroy all life on Earth, should appear that someone might take it from them.

BRITONS are people who travelled around the World spreading DEATH and DESTRUCTION wherever they went. They plundered any resources they wanted, and enslaved entire nations, to boast that "THE SUN NEVER SETS ON THE BRITISH EMPIRE!"

Who told them that they could have an "empire?"

If they could find a road into Heaven, they would invade that, too, and murder their way to loot its greatest treasures.

These THIEVES and ROBBERS are the people whom YOU WILLINGLY REPRESENT as EXAMPLES to FOLLOW!

hahn:
6) Your god's characteristics contradicts itself: Your god is omnipresent

THE BIBLE GOD HAS NEVER CLAIMED TO BE OMNIPRESENT.

A standard Atheist Tactic is to exaggerate God's Attributes into something untenable, to make God and those who subscribe to Him look foolish.

For God to be present somewhere, there must be AGREEMENT at HIS Spiritual Power Level.

but was not there when the first sin took place to prevent it.

THERE IS NO WAY THAT YOU ARE NOT ATTACKING THE BIBLE GOD- SINCE HE IS THE ONE PRIMARILY CONCERNED WITH THE FIRST SIN.

I believe The Qur'an claims that ALLAH is Ominpresent- but I am not familiar with that Doctrine.

YAHWEH God has never claimed to be OmniPresent- but if someone told you that He was, why didn't you ask them to prove it- in the face of the contraindications you knew about?

No. The Source of this Blasphemous Rumour is YOU and YOUR MASTERS.

Your god is omniscient but created the devil to deceive people knowing very well they will end up in hell eventually.

WHERE DID GOD EVER CLAIM TO BE OMNISCIENT?

He didn't, but you pretend that he does, to make Him look weak and foolish.

When an Undercover JESUIT in the guise of an Atheist comes into a gathering, he says- "WELL, WE ALL KNOW THAT GOD IS OMNISCIENT, OMNIPOTENT, AND OMNIPRESENT!" His colleagues amongst the Christian gathering, posing as Christians will say, "THAT'S RIGHT!" so that no proof is required.

Therefore a debate ensues, where the Atheist accepts defeat, based on persuasive arguments founded on these BOGUS ATTRIBUTES OF GOD, whose imposition on the WEAK CHRISTIANS present WAS THE GOAL.

Another Atheist will then come along at a later date, to demolish those arguments, and shatter their Faith, and make them turn to Atheism.

But the reality is that YOUR PEOPLE SUPPLIED THESE FALSE DOCTRINES YOU ARE DEMOLISHING.

. DEUTERONOMY 12:32-13:5.

32. What thing soever I Command you,
observe to do it:
thou shalt not add thereto,
nor diminish from it.
IF there arise among you a Prophet,
or a Dreamer of Dreams,
and giveth thee a Sign or a Wonder,
2. And the Sign or
the Wonder come to pass,
whereof he spake unto thee, saying,

"LET US GO AFTER OTHER GODS,
WHICH THOU HAST NOT KNOWN,
AND LET US SERVE THEM;"

3. Thou shalt not hearken unto
The Words of that Prophet,
or that Dreamer of Dreams:
for The LORD your God proveth you,
to know whether ye love
The LORD your God
with all your heart
and with all your soul.
4. Ye shall walk after
The LORD your God,
and fear Him,
and keep His Commandments,
and obey His Voice,
and ye shall serve Him,
and cleave unto Him.
5. And that prophet,
or that Dreamer of Dreams,
shall be put to death;
because he hath spoken
to turn you away
from The LORD your God,
Which brought you
out of the Land of Egypt,
and Redeemed you
out of the House of Bondage,
to thrust thee out of The Way
which The LORD thy God
Commanded thee to walk in.

GOD DELIBERATELY ALLOWS FALSE PROPHETS TO SEDUCE THOSE WHO DO NOT LOVE HIM WITH ALL THEIR HEARTS AND WITH ALL THEIR SOULS.

. DEUTERONOMY 6:4-9.

4. Hear, O Israel:
The LORD our God is one LORD:
5. And thou shalt love
The LORD thy God with all thine Heart,
and with all thy Soul,
and with all thy Might.
6. And These Words,
Which I command thee this Day,
shall be in thine heart:
7. And thou shalt teach them
diligently unto thy Children,
and shalt talk of them
when thou sittest in thine house,
and when thou walkest by the way,
and when thou liest down,
and when thou risest up.
8. And thou shalt bind them
for a sign upon thine hand,
and they shall be as frontlets
between thine eyes.
9. And thou shalt write them
upon the posts of thy house,
and on thy gates.

GOD CANNOT MANIFEST TO ANYONE WITH LESS THAN THIS LEVEL OF DEVOTION TO HIM AND HIS CAUSE.

You want to see God?

But are you ready to do whatever it takes to see God?

If you do not believe that God's Commandments are GOOD, what do you do that is better?

If you do not care about doing what is Good, God has no use for you. Why should He?

Therefore, God wants people capable of CONFRONTING EVIL, and DEFEATING IT.

. [u]JUDGES 3:1-4.[/u

NOW these are the nations which the LORD left,
to prove Israel by them, even as many of Israel
as had not known all the wars of Canaan;
2. Only that the Generations of The Children of Israel
might know, to teach them war,
at the least such as before knew nothing thereof;
3. Namely, five lords of the Philistines, and all the Canaanites,
and the Sidonians, and the Hivites that dwelt in mount Lebanon,
from mount Baalhermon unto the entering in of Hamath.
4. And they were to prove Israel by them,
to know whether they would hearken
unto The Commandments of The LORD,
which He commanded their fathers by the hand of Moses.

GOD LEFT ISRAEL SURROUNDED BY INEXHAUSTIBLE ENEMIES, SO THAT THEY WOULD LEARN HOW TO FIGHT.

Clearly, He did not want to be worshipped and served by weaklings.

Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:48pm On Oct 08, 2016
DeepSight:

The reason the question doesn't bother me is because I do not imagine that a Divine being such as God is, with its transcendent quality, will assess mere human spirits on their understanding, grasp or cognition of specific divine relationships of transcendental divine beings.

Hello Sir ,

1. The emboldened text is a logical fallacy called 'Argument from incredulity/Lack of imagination' where the arguer says a proposition is false because he can't imagine it to be true . Its illogical to think that way .

2. You failed to apply your knowledge of 2 attributes of the Supreme Being as regards to your thought

a. Omniscience/Super-Intelligence

(i)You clearly doubted God's ability as an all-knowing super-intelligent erudite being to figure out a way that his own creation - human spirit - will be able to grasp or understand how relationships with divine transcendent beings work . God clearly understands man , his limitations , his ability to understand and can easily device a way to make man understand how such relationships can work out .

(ii) You see this as a problem , but does the super-intelligent all-knowing Supreme Being see it as a problem ? The Supreme Being's ways are clearly not the ways of man ,so it could be seen as impossible from your perspective and of course it does not mean that from the Supreme Being's perspective , the emboldened text is a problem at all .

b Prescience

You are impugning the prescience of God here - his ability to know the future . Since God knows the future then he already knows how feasible his solution to this imagined problem you have is . And from the bible , God has certainly seen the outcome of this relationship with man - life with man eternally .

DeepSight:
I honestly believe that is too much to demand of any earthling - and if demanded, would appear an unfair and unnecessary demand.

God's actions are independent of what man's thoughts are . God has a mind , the ability to bear thoughts and of course there's a purpose that demand from man was made , it is left for you to understand God's purpose in accordance to his demand . Remember , God understands man and his limitations , so he knows if man will respond accordingly to his demands .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:27pm On Oct 08, 2016
DeepSight:

I have expressed similar views using the Parable of the Good Samaritan as a benchmark -

https://www.nairaland.com/634923/wallace-cannot-good-god-does#8025566

DeepSight:

And if an Atheist or a Buddhist will show such love, then he has certainly met the requirements of the God that Jesus preached about – regardless of whether he accepts that such a God exists or not.

This is so simple and so pure – and should come so naturally to the Christian who is steeped in the ideas of Christ – which ideas tended towards love and doctrinal flexibility: and not towards iron cast “definitions” which you regrettably seem adamantly attached to – at the expense of the simple beauty of the gospel of Jesus. Jesus statements on the observance of the Sabbath and other such – just show the flexibility I speak about – which tends towards –spirit and truth – and not outward forms.

At all events since it is a given that you will yet dispute this simple and lucid example; for the objective reader – I state in simplicity – An
Atheist or a Buddhist, if he lives a life of love and charity - certainly does the will of the God that Jesus preached about.
[/color]

Your write-up was brilliant Sir . I did learn a lot but I was not comfortable with the conclusion because you cherry picked .

Yes Jesus taught about love and charity but that wasn't all he preached about . Remember , since you have drawn accepted text from the bible , then other texts addressing your point should be looked into .

Love and charity which is shown by the atheist without God of course is described as self righteousness and the bible strongly condemns it

Isaiah 64:6
6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

So no , the atheist or whoever is not doing the will of God because his acts are not accepted as good in the eyes of God because he , the atheist , has failed to acknowledge the existence of God .
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by Weah96: 3:40pm On Oct 08, 2016
oaroloye:

GOD LEFT ISRAEL SURROUNDED BY INEXHAUSTIBLE ENEMIES, SO THAT THEY WOULD LEARN HOW TO FIGHT.

Clearly, He did not want to be worshipped and served by weaklings.

Were the so-called enemies also human beings? If so, then the god of Israel should also THEIR creator as well. It's like something's wrong with the story.
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:12pm On Oct 08, 2016
DeepSight:
I would think that the purity of heart of an earthling is what should count in such a matter. And I believe that this is what was taught by Jesus (as conveyed in the Bible).

In all such cases I always refer people to one of my all time favorite posts ever made on Nairaland - made by probably the wisest man ever to grace this forum, M_Nwankwo -

https://www.nairaland.com/687376/true-meaning-love-nwankwo

@ Emboldened text

This is to say in oneness with the creator - this can happen if God dwells in us . This is simply being like God in righteousness . There's that connection you have with God .

Nwankwo clearly disagrees with me and his examples like the painter and the painting is wrong .

The bible gave a pellucid example that befits what God wants from us in

1 Corinthians 6 : 19-20
19 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you whom you have from God? You are not your own, 20 for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

The bible describes our body as a temple , not a painting . And the temple is a building and men though they have constructed buildings , reside in them

So for you to have purity of the heart , God should be able to dwell inside of you . Yes God created us but that does not mean He can't dwell in us .

So the bible's example eluded Nwankwo - the builder and his building . The builder can reside in his building . Only if you have a pure heart that God can reside in you thus achieving oneness with God .
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by realmindz: 8:03pm On Oct 08, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

@ Emboldened text

This is to say in oneness with the creator - this can happen if God dwells in us . This is simply being like God in righteousness . There's that connection you have with God .

Nwankwo clearly disagrees with me and his examples like the painter and the painting is wrong .

The bible gave a pellucid example that befits what God wants from us in

1 Corinthians 6 : 19-20
19 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you whom you have from God? You are not your own, 20 for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

The bible describes our body as a temple , not a painting . And the temple is a building and men though they have constructed buildings , reside in them

So for you to have purity of the heart , God should be able to dwell inside of you . Yes God created us but that does not mean He can't dwell in us .

So the bible's example eluded Nwankwo - the builder and his building . The builder can reside in his building . Only if you have a pure heart that God can reside in you thus achieving oneness with God .

Stop reading from that book called bible, it set us backward. The bible is a book for the simple minds. its filled with bullshits that insults human intelligence from the very first chapter...
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:09pm On Oct 08, 2016
realmindz:

Stop reading from that book called bible, it set us backward. The bible is a book for the simple minds. its filled with bullshits that insults human intelligence from the very first chapter...

Ok
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by rexben(m): 10:13am On Oct 09, 2016
Zenlife:

Chill out.
It's not that academic.
Lol
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by rexben(m): 10:14am On Oct 09, 2016
atoleybaba:
romans 5:19
Was it Jesus that say that. Pls, think well before answering.
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by atoleybaba(m): 10:19am On Oct 09, 2016
rexben:
Was it Jesus that say that. Pls, think well before answering.
john 15:12,13 if u still can't comprehend this portion, then there is nothing I can do for you. It simply means the god of this system of thing has harden ur heart so you won't understand d scripture. #note: please read that portion with open and sincere mind and ask logical questions and not questions u urself Dont understand
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by atoleybaba(m): 10:26am On Oct 09, 2016
realmindz:

this same book "the bible" mentioned that d earth is round before ur scientist could even know. The same book ur world leaders borrow some principles from. And u say it is full of bullshit?
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by rexben(m): 10:27am On Oct 09, 2016
atoleybaba:
john 15:12,13
12 My commandment is this - to love one another just as I have loved you. 13 No one has greater love than this - that one lays down his life for his friends.
John 15:12-13
When Mandela laid down his life for South Africa, did he die?
Jesus said He laid down His life and not His death.
Lemme educate you, He laid down His life by teaching daily His friends the will of the father.
He spent His life for His friends. He laid it down for His friends: for the benefits of His friends. He did not please Himself, He didn't lived for Himself just as Mandela laid down his youth life for South Africa.
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by atoleybaba(m): 10:41am On Oct 09, 2016
rexben:
12 My commandment is this - to love one another just as I have loved you. 13 No one has greater love than this - that one lays down his life for his friends.
Lemme educate you, He laid down His life by teaching daily His friends the will of the father.
He spent His life for His friends. He laid it down for His friends: for the benefits of His friends. He did not please Himself, He didn't lived for Himself just as Mandela laid down his youth life for South Africa.
smh. D devil has really affected ur reasoning. I will help u with more quotation Dont worry mt 20:28,Titus 2:5,6 Ephesians 1:2,7 roman 8:35(this portion emphasized what Jesus did "for us"
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by atoleybaba(m): 10:45am On Oct 09, 2016
rexben:
o yes and 1thess 5:9,10
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by realmindz: 11:26am On Oct 09, 2016
atoleybaba:
this same book "the bible" mentioned that d earth is round before ur scientist could even know. The same book ur world leaders borrow some principles from. And u say it is full of bullshit?
one will appreciate the depth of human ignorance when speaking to your likes
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by atoleybaba(m): 1:34pm On Oct 09, 2016
realmindz:

one will appreciate the depth of human ignorance when speaking to your likes
u mean d depth of ur own ignorance? Do u even know what d bible contains? What do u even know
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by realmindz: 1:47pm On Oct 09, 2016
atoleybaba:
u mean d depth of ur own ignorance? Do u even know what d bible contains? What do u even know
lol, I just got back from church..
u wanna take me on any bible verse grin

let's first start with the 10 commandments

1st commandment: You shall worship only Yaweh
1st Ammendment to US Constitution: Worship any god

when the very first commandment and important law of yaweh has been broken through civilisation of a 21st century society?

Then u think we need the bible?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by atoleybaba(m): 3:51pm On Oct 09, 2016
realmindz:

lol, I just got back from church..
u wanna take me on any bible verse grin

let's first start with the 10 commandments

1st commandment: You shall worship only Yaweh
1st Ammendment to US Constitution: Worship any god

when the very first commandment and important law of yaweh has been broken through civilisation of a 21st century society?

Then u think we need the bible?
ooh so you want d 10commandment right? How bawt dont steal, dont kill, dont be a false witness, and do not covet ur neighbour's property?
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by realmindz: 6:09pm On Oct 09, 2016
atoleybaba:
ooh so you want d 10commandment right? How bawt dont steal, dont kill, dont be a false witness, and do not covet ur neighbour's property?
lol, let's trash out the first 4 commandments..
I. worship only Yaweh
2. make no image, worship me alone
3. respect my name, fear me
4. set a day aside to worship me

if u are smart u can see that 1 to 4 is = fear and respect Yaweh. The sign of an insecure jewish god who is after fear and respect..so much of a godly character.
Thanks to modern society, the 1st four has been trashed out..
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by realmindz: 6:27pm On Oct 09, 2016
5th commandment: Honour ur father and mother..rly oh I never knew. that's the first lesson in African culture, respecting not just father and mum but the elders in the society...

6th commandment: Though shall not kill..., like really? show me any society whose law is thou shall kill?

I remembered the first thing moses did after receiving the 10 commandments was to cause the killing of 3000 people grin

7th: u must not smash ur neighbour's wife
8th: u must not steal
9th: u must not lie against ur neighbour
10th: u must not eye your neighbour's wife
or properties

Who on earth wrote this bullshits grin ten commandments indeed...
7th = 10th = 8th

And we don't need the bible to tell us any of the above. Societies has these laws far before the bible was invented

cc atoleybaba
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by Nobody: 6:44pm On Oct 09, 2016
hahn:

because it is a scam. Duh undecided

lol are u sure u are not overreacting, Ur sounding so desperate to be believed,

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

How To Find Your Wife By Pastor Sam Adeyemi / Mbaka Mobilises Support For Buhari’s Reelection Despite Catholic Ban / Can You Rock This Jesus And Mary Bathroom Slippers? (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.