Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,501 members, 7,808,851 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:56 PM

My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie (35895 Views)

Download Full Movie: A Trip To Jamaica | By Ay, Funkeā€¦ / AY's "A Trip To Jamaica" Rakes In N80Million In 10 Days / AY's A "Trip To Jamaica" Movie Premiere (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by queenfav(f): 2:28pm On Oct 02, 2016
The moment i heard about this movie some months ago, i mentally rated it a "must-watch" movie.To be honest,i dunno which is more worse between this and Bovi's "its her day" movie.

I really had high hopes about this movie (come on,its a sequel to AY's 30 days to Atlanta).First of all,Olamide's performance in the first scene was disgraceful to say the least.His lip sync of his Shakitibobo song was off key,left me wondering if he had any real musical talent.

How do i put this nicely?What the hell,I'd just say it,the movie was an EPIC FAIL.Ay should have stuck with the success he recorded with 30 days in Atlanta.Damn,how hard would it be to leave when the ovation is loudest?

The movie is one which offered me two moments of laughter, when I should have been losing count. Sadly, the anticipated comedy movie has lots of jokes falling flat - jokes that make it unexciting to watch.

Watching "A Trip to Jamaica" was like sitting through a boring reunion where you find everyone and everything annoying, but still sit through, hoping to find a connect.(I had to o,afterall i paid na). Unfortunately, the connection didn't come. Not from the cast, not from the story, and certainly not from the few funny scenes!

I'd say the comedy didn't come naturally for the characters at all. Even Funke Akindele wasn't any better than AY.The movie is below par because they were basically trying too hard to amuse the audience (and you know how that ends...Disaster).

Again,the sound quality was really poor.I could barely hear most of the conversations,while some scenes were too loud.The patoranking and Cynthia morgan scenes were not even close to funny or necessary in my opinion.

When the movie ended,i was relieved,like how did i sit through this?I thought AY would surpass my expectations considering the success of his earlier movie.

If you loved "30 Days to Atlanta,' you would definitely find "A Trip to Jamaica" less interesting!

NB:These are my thoughts on the movie,you may like it afterall.

112 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by okhiai1(m): 2:30pm On Oct 02, 2016
What tha.......................
Thank God I book space sha but never the less it seems to me you don't like Olamide before @op that's why you criticised him but me sef never watch the movie too oo but will watch it on Friday when it's 5h to watch pray make he try but all I can say is op hates Olamide and Nigerian hip hop as a whole
Peace out:- OS ON THE BEAT

3 Likes

Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by xamster(m): 2:59pm On Oct 02, 2016
With your given description, my ethusiams for watching the movie is fast waned away. Even though i was hoping to see a crazy flick with all the gr8 acts featured in the movie, nevertheless i still enjoy the '30 day in atlanta'.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by homesteady(m): 4:54pm On Oct 02, 2016
The feeling is mutual my dear! I didn't go there with the intention to watch it, but just to wile away time before 93 days started, I decided to watch it!

Many people might find it interesting, but not me!

12 Likes

Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by Lagusta(m): 5:28pm On Oct 02, 2016
I didn't find 30 days in Atlanta amusing, so why would I watch a sequel when I know it would be the case of a frog and a toad arguing amongst themselves on who is prettier?

236 Likes 11 Shares

Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by queenfav(f): 5:34pm On Oct 02, 2016
homesteady:
The feeling is mutual my dear! I didn't go there with the intention to watch it, but just to while away time before 93 days started, I decided to watch it!

Many people might find it interesting, but not me!
Hope u enjoyed 93 days,that's one hell of a movie!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by ogtavia(m): 6:16pm On Oct 02, 2016
didn't enjoy 30 days to Atlanta...don't know Au d movie got its high ratings...

98 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by homesteady(m): 7:14pm On Oct 02, 2016
queenfav:
Hope u enjoyed 93 days,that's one hell of a movie!

Enjoyed? I over enjoyed it!
Damnnnn! Everybody needs to watch it.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by queenfav(f): 10:36pm On Oct 02, 2016
homesteady:

Enjoyed? I over enjoyed it!
Damnnnn! Everybody needs to watch it.
That's what i told my colleagues,the movie is quite remarkable.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by akankemi1(f): 11:04pm On Oct 03, 2016
so I saw this movie today at the cinema and I was utterly disappointed. the movie, in my opinion lacks depth. it's simply boring and baseless. I won't recommend this movie to anyone.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by olamydey(f): 8:26pm On Oct 08, 2016
It was a complete waste of money... angry. I tot funke was going to play a 'jenifa' role but that didn't happen. Any actress could have played her part in this movie. And AY? He should just stick to stand up comedy. He deserves 10 lashes of koboko for this film. Nse sef is losing steam. She should be like joke silva- iv neva seen her in a stupid film angry angry

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by Nobody: 5:21am On Oct 09, 2016
Ain't seeing that shii for nuff'. Learnt my lessons from 30 Days in Atlanta

Ayoswit:
Over rated Ay
My sister, that Ay is being overrated. Just like Bishop; Okon or whatever his name is, dude has never been funny. Maybe I just don't find him funny. Maybe

93 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by Fabulosdave01: 5:22am On Oct 09, 2016
Abeg it's an interesting movie. I enjoyed it

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by iomoge2(f): 5:24am On Oct 09, 2016
queenfav:
That's what i told my colleagues,the movie is quite remarkable.
93days on my mind

I didn't enjoy 30days in Atlanta so no a trip 2 jamo 4 me

10 Likes

Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by Philosopher101(m): 5:25am On Oct 09, 2016
Thought I was the only one who had the bad experience...
The movie sucks. Poor storyline. Poor interpretation.
Meeeeeeeeeeehn seriously AY/Filmhouse should refund me

12 Likes

Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by danbilbo(m): 5:25am On Oct 09, 2016
I didn't like the 30 days in Atlanta movie. But everyone kept saying it's good, it's good... So after watching it a few times me sef joined them in saying it's good.

My dear OP, this movie is good. It's good. Maybe you should just watch it a few more times? grin grin

Meanwhile, 18-seater commercial bus available here for just 750k

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by Agunechemba1(m): 5:33am On Oct 09, 2016
The movie I wanted to go see today?

Op thanks for saving this 1k for me.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by AreaFada2: 5:35am On Oct 09, 2016
Hmmm. Ok.
Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by JohnNgene: 5:35am On Oct 09, 2016
Hmmm... You've lashed two comedians in one review. Lol.

However, I'd still love to see that Bovi's movie because I've always wished he was the lead in 30 Days in Atlanta. I believe he would have played the role far better than AY.

If you've watched Bovi in the "Extended Family" series, you go understand wetin I mean. Please google "Bovi Extended Family". Bovi is a very funny actor. Lol.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by Ayoswit(f): 5:36am On Oct 09, 2016
Over rated Ay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by Badgers14: 5:36am On Oct 09, 2016
Everyone was just forcing it angry i am like damn... If you ain't funny you ain't funny... Everyone ain't got to be a comedian....

Save your cash.. You will need it in this Buhari era...

Overrated movie in my view!

29 Likes

Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by Nobody: 5:36am On Oct 09, 2016
Movie is just there. Poster above me as said it all.

2 Likes

Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by DavidEsq(m): 5:37am On Oct 09, 2016
Lagusta:
I didn't find 30 days in Atlanta amusing, so why would I watch a sequel when I know it would be the case of a frog and a toad arguing amongst themselves on who is prettier?
I know d way I provoke, wen I watch "30 days on atlanta". It's all hype and no content

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by Marcelinho(m): 5:37am On Oct 09, 2016
shocked

Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by esosuo2: 5:42am On Oct 09, 2016
Lagusta:
Lol guy ur condition hav pass wat comedy can solve ., if 30days in atlanta ain't funny to you guy na spiritual issue oh

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by rawpadgin(m): 5:42am On Oct 09, 2016
ay is not even funny

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by Nobody: 5:47am On Oct 09, 2016
And i am sure why this thread made FrontPage is because it's portraying the movie in a negative image. If the thread was to tell how super good the movie is, it wouldnt have made frontpage.

Nairaland... spoilling people's businesses since 2005.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by SirAweezy(m): 5:47am On Oct 09, 2016
Thank God I don't have to pay to see the movie anymore. I Just watched mine through the op's analysis. OP! Mehnn I can relate so much with your story!

That moment when a lady wants to climax so fast but still she still couldn't, thereby looking for anymeans and still that moment never comes.

7 Likes

Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by AngelAhnie(f): 5:48am On Oct 09, 2016
esosuo2:

Lol guy ur condition hav pass wat comedy can solve ., if 30days in atlanta ain't funny to you guy na spiritual issue oh
You no dey sleep

1 Like

Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by Iseoluwani: 5:51am On Oct 09, 2016
Anyways If the film z boring no problem.

This one below will soon come out.
You will love it.

How many likes for this film

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by 360xclusive(m): 5:52am On Oct 09, 2016

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Vow Season 3 On Zee World 2019 / Khafi Faces Sack For Having Sex On Big Brother Naija - Sun UK / Watch Nigeria CHANNELS TV Online Live 24/7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.