Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,310 members, 7,780,732 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:59 PM

My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie (35821 Views)

Download Full Movie: A Trip To Jamaica | By Ay, Funke… / AY's "A Trip To Jamaica" Rakes In N80Million In 10 Days / AY's A "Trip To Jamaica" Movie Premiere (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by miketayo(m): 10:56am On Oct 09, 2016
esosuo2:

For real .? If u stopped laffing after dey moved meanin u are one of dos american comedy lovers ,

well yeah i am one of them.. watch modern family or big bang theory, u can tell there weren't forcing their jokes it all comes naturally and its also things we experience in our lives everyday.. I like AY but his movies arent that gud the last one is aweful, his skits too r just ok ...Bovi's skits are funnier
Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by Nobody: 10:59am On Oct 09, 2016
esosuo2:

Lol meaning u go wait long on ay na bad guy For that matter b4 30 days enter c.d he made sure cinema view pay wella ist and up till now u can download a complete one online sef
i watched 30 days in Atlanta after it's premiere.. dunno how the guy got it but i watched a complete movie
Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by Nobody: 11:00am On Oct 09, 2016
dcolumbus001:
same here, those guys provide at the rate of #100 can't waste my 1k
i get mine for free
Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by esosuo2: 11:04am On Oct 09, 2016
Precel1:

i watched 30 days in Atlanta after it's premiere.. dunno how the guy got it but i watched a complete movie

Dats a sharp crook mayb d guy used fone film it at d cinema lol , dis 30 days and dat invasion 197 sometin dos producers protect the movie wella , can get full movie online apart from thriller the last time I checked
Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by queenfav(f): 11:07am On Oct 09, 2016
Joavid:

madam can you include your source??

I read this exact same thing on kamdora.com few days ago.

you made a few additions and changes eh.
"Comedian AY‘s sophomore movie, A Trip to Jamaica premiered at the cinemas across Nigeria on the 30th of September 2016 and although I wasn’t such a fan of his debut movie, 30 Days in Atlanta starring AY and Ramsey Nouah , I decided to see what this could be since Funke Akindele , the one we all too know as Jenifa was also co-starring.
Even though I didn’t get to see the movie from its very inception (got into it three minutes late), I began watching it with the hope that I would enjoy it. But did I?
As the minutes rolled by in the dark room of the cinema, I realised that I had been scammed with an overhyped movie production. I must give it to AY for a job well done in making us all feel that we would be missing big time if we didn’t see this movie. I would not totally make a joke of this work of art but rather encourage more creativity in the writing of not just the next movies’ scripts but for most Nollywood films.
When the actors in a comedy movie try too hard to amuse the audience, it usually does not end too well. This was not far from the case with A Trip to Jamaica. Also, the sound quality was quite wack. The effects sometimes were too loud that actual words were barely audible. At a point, I thought the movie was about two adults goofing around the world.
The movie would have been worth the while and money for me if it had a stronger plot. The great sides to the movie, however, was the fantastic acting performance by AY, Funke Akindele, Nse Ikpe-Etim and members of the cast. Also, the shooting locations in Lagos, Atlanta and Montego Bay in Jamaica were top notch. I had my moments of laughter too with some of the comical lines and actions by the actors.
At the end of the movie, I would say that I had really high expectations for the movie which were not met. It, therefore, follows that if you still intend to watch A Trip to Jamaica after reading this review, don’t hope to be falling off your chair in laughter from the hilarity in the film, just smile and go back home.
Thank you for reading my two cents on the most hyped movie on this side of the Sahara."

Thats the review by kamdora,read it slowly!Then you can ask for my source again.Thanks.

1 Like

Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by ceda99: 11:08am On Oct 09, 2016
A trip to jamaica is da bomb.. Biko stop hating on someones success and shoot ur own movie mk we see or u shut up and hug transformer
Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by esosuo2: 11:10am On Oct 09, 2016
miketayo:

well yeah i am one of them.. watch modern family or big bang theory, u can tell there weren't forcing their jokes it all comes naturally and its also things we experience in our lives everyday.. I like AY but his movies arent that gud the last one is aweful, his skits too r just ok ...Bovi's skits are funnier
Lol and m e can't laff for all dat ones oh .I feel americans laff just to mak d actors feel ok its like a tradition not dat the tins are funny mayb dats y dey add dos hidden laff voices lol
Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by bigsmoke2(m): 11:11am On Oct 09, 2016
Lagusta:
I didn't find 30 days in Atlanta amusing, so why would I watch a sequel when I know it would be the case of a frog and a toad arguing amongst themselves on who is prettier?
so you mean you didn't laugh when they went to visit uncle Richard that loves cooking
Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by 9jaBloke: 11:19am On Oct 09, 2016
PastorAji:
You are talking as if you know wetin dey happen.

If MetaCritic.com and RottenTomatoes.com handle that film for you, you will know that reacting here on Nairaland will be a child's play

I wasn't talking, I was typing.

Yes, Metacritic and Rotten Tomatoes are professional film review websites and they have modalities. That's why you see stuff like; "63% of critics gave the film a positive rating based on 200 reviews, with an average score of 6.4/10....or "the film holds a 55/100 rating, based on 141 reviews.

'...Chicago Sun-Times gave the film  3 1⁄2 out of 4 stars... Rolling Stone rated it two stars out of a possible four.'

Yes it is normal for films to be reviewed on release but if u read what I just posted, you'll see professionalism being applied. Scores are given based on a large number of reviews by experienced professional film reviewers, and the high and low points of the movie are always factored.

In this parts, we just copy without thinking. You are stating that it's okay to criticize because Rotten tomatoes and Metacritic are doing it but you failed to find out how they go about it.
Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by MrWhaley: 11:20am On Oct 09, 2016
Most of you here are jumping upandan,screaming that Funke Akindele isn't funny.
Well,I have watched Jenifa's Diary Seasons 1-6 and anyone that has watched that movie(especially from Season 3 upwards) and still concludes that Funke isn't funny either has a psychological problem or strong family issues.

Life is too short to be a cynic. You will just end up being bitter and utterly melancholic.

1 Like

Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by Abdstrakt(m): 11:32am On Oct 09, 2016
we need a Rotten tomato type website for Nollywood really. This film houses be dishing us mediocre content for ages. We need more of this critics to make dem think twice before coming out with rubbish.

30 days in Atlanta isn't funny in the slightest, grossly overrated. Neat storyline, very very poor execution.

6 Likes

Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by princessbecky(f): 11:32am On Oct 09, 2016
The moment i heard about this movie some months ago, i mentally rated it a "must-watch" movie.To be honest,i dunno which is more worse between this and Bovi's "its her day" movie.

I really had high hopes about this movie (come on,its a sequel to AY's 30 days to Atlanta).First of all,Olamide's performance in the first scene was disgraceful to say the least.His lip sync of his Shakitibobo song was off key,left me wondering if he had any real musical talent.

How do i put this nicely?What the hell,I'd just say it,the movie was an EPIC FAIL.Ay should have stuck with the success he recorded with 30 days in Atlanta.Damn,how hard would it be to leave when the ovation is loudest?

The movie is one which offered me two moments of laughter, when I should have been losing count. Sadly, the anticipated comedy movie has lots of jokes falling flat - jokes that make it unexciting to watch.

Watching "A Trip to Jamaica" was like sitting through a boring reunion where you find everyone and everything annoying, but still sit through, hoping to find a connect.(I had to o,afterall i paid na). Unfortunately, the connection didn't come. Not from the cast, not from the story, and certainly not from the few funny scenes!

I'd say the comedy didn't come naturally for the characters at all. Even Funke Akindele wasn't any better than AY.The movie is below par because they were basically trying too hard to amuse the audience (and you know how that ends...Disaster).

Again,the sound quality was really poor.I could barely hear most of the conversations,while some scenes were too loud.The patoranking and Cynthia morgan scenes were not even close to funny or necessary in my opinion.

When the movie ended,i was relieved,like how did i sit through this?I thought AY would surpass my expectations considering the success of his earlier movie.

If you loved "30 Days to Atlanta,' you would definitely find "A Trip to Jamaica" less interesting!

NB:These are my thoughts on the movie,you may like it afterall.
Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by miketayo(m): 11:33am On Oct 09, 2016
esosuo2:

Lol and m e can't laff for all dat ones oh .I feel americans laff just to mak d actors feel ok its like a tradition not dat the tins are funny mayb dats y dey add dos hidden laff voices lol

lol watch modern family, silicon valley or superstore den .. no hidden laff voices.
Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by princessbecky(f): 11:34am On Oct 09, 2016
Still prefer 30Days in atlanta.
Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by esosuo2: 11:40am On Oct 09, 2016
miketayo:

lol watch modern family, silicon valley or superstore den .. no hidden laff voices.

I like some of d comedies sha martin lorence mostly d black guys ,, d oyibos don't move meet mayb because I dont understand wat dey say or it takes too much time for me to mak a funny sense off it lol
Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by rman: 11:42am On Oct 09, 2016
joeace2020:

Nigerians have a very poor or should i say weird taste in comedy. You'll sit with them and watch an American comedy with funny innuendoes and real foolishness that will make u almost laugh your guts out and it is one Okon who acts like a deranged epileptic patient thats funny to them. I think we have too much people with virtually non-existent IQ in this country so movie producers make dumb stuffs for them.

Thank you..there was a thread about funny American series and I was shocked only a few found " The Big Bang Theory"funny

real comedy is subtle and requires a litlle thinking to bring out the joke..not the imbelic and insulting acts that we call comedy. Even that young girl, Daniella , that insults elders that is popular is not funny to me.

3 Likes

Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by rman: 11:53am On Oct 09, 2016
miketayo:

God bless you!

I think it has to do with the level of IQ of majority of Nigerians..Nigerian comedians are just dry and force things...Is there anyone here that can match Trevor Noah ? No.

BTW, I love Big Bang Theory like Kilode!

4 Likes

Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by Nobody: 12:12pm On Oct 09, 2016
chival:

Really? So if you are sold a bad product, you buy it happily because you don't want to ruin someone 's income?

That was just an individual's opinion and does not count for the general public. The thread should've been left hidden without bringing it to the notice of the general public aimed at spoiling the minds of others.
Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by Nobody: 12:16pm On Oct 09, 2016
martineinstein:
negative review results from release of 'substandard' product...its a wake up call to AY...u should be happy for this review.as it helps in bring the best out of producers.

Talking about "substandard", may i ask you how many "up-to-standard products" we have in this country?

Or #ChangeBeginsWithAY?

1 Like

Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by Sleekyshuga(f): 12:25pm On Oct 09, 2016
Teespice:
I thought I was the only one who saw a trip to Jamaica as as epic fail.
Really? And I had plans of seeing that movie this weekend..

So, it's not worth it?
Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by Teespice(f): 12:34pm On Oct 09, 2016
Sleekyshuga:
Really? And I had plans of seeing that movie this weekend..
So, it's not worth it?
nope.
that movie isn't worth it.
Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by opethom(m): 1:02pm On Oct 09, 2016
I don watch the movie more than 5 times and the movie still dey sweet me,... Kudos to ay
Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by MarassG(m): 1:09pm On Oct 09, 2016
I regret watch the movie 'A trip to Jamaica' it's a total flop AY my movie ticket was 1500, kindly give a begger the money if not I will not forgive you.

1 Like

Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by Eluala(m): 2:03pm On Oct 09, 2016
How can he make a good movie when he goes about engaging security men in fights. Making good movies requires better brain power than Ay has. He should try thuggery, I'm sure he will be good at that. Oniranu!
Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by scent9(f): 4:15pm On Oct 09, 2016
STFUareyouG0d:
Ain't seeing that shii for nuff'. Learnt my lessons from 30 Days in Atlanta

My sister, that Ay is being overrated. Just like Bishop; Okon or whatever his name is, dude has never been funny. Maybe I just don't find him funny. Maybe
my dear u're rite dey ain't funny at all, jst piece of disgusting akwa ibom goat.
Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by Nobody: 4:20pm On Oct 09, 2016
scent9:

my dear u're rite dey ain't funny at all, jst piece of disgusting akwa ibom goat.
lol. That was harsh tho shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 09, 2016
AY a sharp guy from warri, using packaging 2 chop 9ja money. Either u condemn his movie or not, the guy don make am.

Watch out for 76' movie. A must for every Nigerians.
Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by RaeMystix: 6:03pm On Oct 09, 2016
Don't care for the Jamaican movie. I just can't wait to see the movie that features Shola Shobowale and Wande Cole in it. It comes out in December. Forgotten the tittle of the move though. I think it will be a bomb.
Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by Sapphiredamsel(f): 6:06pm On Oct 09, 2016
"A trip to Jamaica" is crap. However, I watched"its her day "last week at Silverbird cinema and it was dope. Everyone was just laughing and we could relate to all that happened in the movie.
Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by stephinnoyewole(m): 6:26pm On Oct 09, 2016
homesteady:

Enjoyed? I over enjoyed it!
Damnnnn! Everybody needs to watch it.
kindly share link to the movie
tanx
Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by Nobody: 8:05pm On Oct 09, 2016
Abdstrakt:
we need a Rotten tomato type website for Nollywood really. This film houses be dishing us mediocre content for ages. We need more of this critics to make dem think twice before coming out with rubbish.

30 days in Atlanta isn't funny in the slightest, grossly overrated. Neat storyline, very very poor execution.
lols @ rotten tomatoes. Those ones dey finish work for movie criticism. I gave up on DSTV when I discovered most of the movies they dish out for us had poor reviews.

Only in Nigeria is criticism seen as hate. People make good money from it in developed countries, it is actually a talent to look at something and find a fault grin.
Re: My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie by stinggy(m): 9:04pm On Oct 09, 2016
STFUareyouG0d:
Ain't seeing that shii for nuff'. Learnt my lessons from 30 Days in Atlanta

My sister, that Ay is being overrated. Just like Bishop; Okon or whatever his name is, dude has never been funny. Maybe I just don't find him funny. Maybe
And here was I thinking I'm a hater. Very unfunny guy...

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Uti Nwachukwu Defends Beverly Osu’s Behaviour In Big Brother Africa / Shehu Sani Reacts To Disqualification Of 'Lionheart' By Oscar / BBNaija: Nina’s Boyfriend, Collins uno "I Bear No Grudges For Her”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.