Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,299 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:05 AM

Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage - Agriculture (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage (45598 Views)

International Farmers To Discuss Global Agric Concerns At Illinois Event / Tour Of Agro Commodity Markets In The North / Grain Purchase (pics) / Feeding At Risk As Companies Buy Up Grains (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by anifranklyn67: 2:30pm On Aug 27, 2017
nice job OP....for those who may need the real deal. ogbono storage, dont hesitate to contact francis (The Ogbono General)

anisiobidefranc@gmail.com

We have couple of our article here on NL most of NLers are involved already
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by anifranklyn67: 8:15am On Aug 28, 2017
if you are also looking for ogbono in lzarge qty for exportation or other related uses, we have the capcity to settle your demand

We will be glad to supply u with any qty you may need with the highest quality for consumption purpose and drug manufacturing purpose.

Sincerely Francis(The Ogbono General)
anisiobidefranc@gmail.com
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by emilex1000: 10:48pm On Aug 29, 2017
Olayimikami:

Store unpeeled if storing outside abuja or buy peeled, move to abuja, store and sell off within 3 months. No need for preservation if properly aerated
Thanks alot, but pls talking about properly aerated, u mean it shuld be dried outside some times?? Cos am always busy and choked, so pls sir what do u suggest nd pls kindly elaborate.
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by Olayimikami: 7:16am On Aug 30, 2017
emilex1000:

Thanks alot, but pls talking about properly aerated, u mean it shuld be dried outside some times?? Cos am always busy and choked, so pls sir what do u suggest nd pls kindly elaborate.

No. If u need to dry it, then u r bound to make a loss .

All you need do is store in bags on a wooden base and allow proper ventilation in the store. Take precaution so it doesn't get wet or soaked. In addition you may fumigate prior to storage
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by Olayimikami: 7:28am On Aug 30, 2017
senny0001:
Well done for good job.
Pls,where can I get unpeeled egusi to buy in large quantity?How much does a bag cost?
I live in Ibadan.Thanks

Thank you for the kind words. Egusi is available in Nasarawa, Benue, Niger in large quantity

Bag cost is 25k-27k for size 32 bag.

Prices will drop this week and next week because of sallah but should pick up subsequently

Given your location, you can decide on your options and send me a mail
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by Olayimikami: 7:35am On Aug 30, 2017
TUBLEZ:
Welldon brother, plz I plan to buy melon a d store and resell later but i don't really know wen n wen to store and sell.. And also which other commodities can u recommend for buying and storing?

Please read through the thread. I have indicated the harvest period and sale period.

Margins may however differ based on forces of demand and supply.
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by Olayimikami: 7:39am On Aug 30, 2017
maisauki:
I salute your experience...i wish to learn more from you will you be so kind to do so? my email is maisauki2016@gmail.com 08030744985/09063808979

Thank you sir.

You can reach me via my email which is available on this thread. All inquiries are welcome
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by senny0001(m): 8:09am On Aug 30, 2017
Olayimikami:

Thank you for the kind words. Egusi is available in Nasarawa, Benue, Niger in large quantity

Bag cost is 25k-27k for size 32 bag.

Prices will drop this week and next week because of sallah but should pick up subsequently

Given your location, you can decide on your options and send me a mail

Thank you very much.
For the purpose of confirmation,the price you quoted is it for a bag of unpeeled or peeled because I only need the price for the unpeeled.
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by Olayimikami: 8:58am On Aug 30, 2017
senny0001:

Thank you very much.
For the purpose of confirmation,the price you quoted is it for a bag of unpeeled or peeled because I only need the price for the unpeeled.

Price is for unpeeled
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by maisauki: 11:13pm On Aug 30, 2017
Olayimikami:

Thank you sir.

You can reach me via my email which is available on this thread. All inquiries are welcome
You're most welcome....i can't c your email in your profile, sir
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by maisauki: 11:26pm On Aug 30, 2017
Olayimikami:

Thank you sir.

Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by emilex1000: 10:05am On Aug 31, 2017
Ggg
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by Olayimikami: 7:31am On Sep 01, 2017
maisauki:
You're most welcome....i can't c your email in your profile, sir

info@farmsynergy.com
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by Olayimikami: 7:42am On Sep 01, 2017
emilex1000:

Thank you so much sir, u've really been a blessing, because i have prepared for this for some time and was discouraged by some fellow who tried it before and claim they had great loss due to some getting spoilt nd price fluctuations.
Pls hope this rule applies to peeled egusi, and how much is a bag of peeled egusi and keeping it for two months will benefit me without fear and how do i get it, as i am in abuja.
Plus how many bags do u think i shuld start with, as i am still a beginner. Thanks

Like all business, there is a risk element which you can hedge via insurance.

Peeled egusi prices always go north if bought around this time. The best I can do is speculate based on market indicators.

Like I always say, make sure you've identified a market for sales prior to purchase.

Since its peeled egusi and you are a first timer, will suggest you don't buy more than 10 bags.

Currently putting structures on ground to make purchase and investment in storage a lot easier. You can send a mail and we can take it up from there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by divineappo(m): 3:07pm On Sep 04, 2017
pls I need 5tons of dried chili pepper(either the short type or long type) give price for anyone. if possible, with pics, I will come and buy, pickup and transport myself. pls also kindly drop ur WhatsApp number.
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by Nobody: 6:04pm On Sep 04, 2017
divineappo:
pls I need 5tons of dried chili pepper(either the short type or long type) give price for anyone. if possible, with pics, I will come and buy, pickup and transport myself. pls also kindly drop ur WhatsApp number.

I'll have by late October.
Ogun state
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by divineappo(m): 6:37pm On Sep 04, 2017
salsera:

I'll have by late October.
Ogun state
send me a text or send me message on WhatsApp, so I can save your numbers
WhatsApp 09095500809
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 09, 2017
Lokoja market
Yellow maize = 13,000 per 100kg bag

Benniseed = 30,000 per bag

Egusi = 500 per mudu

Ogbono = 3500 per mudu

Pepper = 2,000 for big basket (mostly flooded by sellers from agatu, Benue state)
The Hausa's from the north were buying it and rebagging to 50kg bags to move to other markets.
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by lovelani(m): 12:31am On Sep 10, 2017
We have available dry splited ginger
(export quality) Tumeric,sesame seed
(stone & dirt free), available in tons.
please only serious buyers should
contact. call/whatsapp: 070308
for inquiries.
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by Olayimikami: 1:01am On Sep 22, 2017
Egusi prices currently hovering at 26k-28k a bag in Nasarawa. Bag size is 32. Except prices dip, I will suggest other purchase alternatives.

Groundnut and maize harvest are also out and purchase can be initiated.

Always remember to buy properly dried maize and only quantities you have capacity to sell.

The market this year will be epileptic so utmost care should be taken.
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by Nobody: 3:43pm On Sep 22, 2017
EMMAACHILE:
Lokoja market
Yellow maize = 13,000 per 100kg bag

Benniseed = 30,000 per bag

Egusi = 500 per mudu

Ogbono = 3500 per mudu

Pepper = 2,000 for big basket (mostly flooded by sellers from agatu, Benue state)
The Hausa's from the north were buying it and rebagging to 50kg bags to move to other markets.

New Harvests
Yellow Maize = 10,000
White Maize = 8,000
Rice = 16,000
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by Atlanticfire: 4:37pm On Sep 22, 2017
Really nice thread.
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by katamo: 10:26pm On Sep 25, 2017
Great thread. Thank you all.

Does anyone know how much it will cost to hire a 20 ton truck from lafia (or any where in that axis) to lagos?
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by Olayimikami: 6:36am On Sep 26, 2017
katamo:
Great thread. Thank you all.

Does anyone know how much it will cost to hire a 20 ton truck from lafia (or any where in that axis) to lagos?

N140000-N200,000

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by katamo: 2:05pm On Sep 26, 2017
Olayimikami:

N140000-N200,000

Thank you sir. And keep up the great work.
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by OgaFarmer: 5:01pm On Sep 26, 2017
We have bro contact 07034208822
divineappo:
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by Oloogunebi3: 1:53am On Oct 01, 2017
15 tons of dried yellow maize for sale in Ile Ife. Can be delivered anywhere in the southwest. PRICE IS NEGOTIABLE!!! Contact 0806 984 5455

1 Share

Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by Kamkamdd: 7:21pm On Oct 01, 2017
Op nice work u are doing here.Just coming across d thread now.Sure will contact u for biz
Mi area of interest is egusi, ground-nut, beans for now.
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by gabolak(m): 11:51pm On Oct 01, 2017
Pls house, I need advise on an effective method of preserving my maize from pests infestation. am using some quantity out it weekly for conpounding my poultry feeds, hence, my inability to apply insecticide. d pests are already doing a whole lots of damage to d stock.
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by dragon2(m): 5:20am On Oct 02, 2017
gabolak:
Pls house, I need advise on an effective method of preserving my maize from pests infestation. am using some quantity out it weekly for conpounding my poultry feeds, hence, my inability to apply insecticide. d pests are already doing a whole lots of damage to d stock.

Aluminium phosphide. It can be lethal to humans as are most pesticides,but more importantly it turns into a gas.Do not used in an enclosed space within living quarters/areas.Read more about it and how to use.
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by xprimate(m): 8:00am On Oct 08, 2017
Good morning Nigeria and a happy sunday to you all. @OP Thank will be an understatement for the wealth of information you have constantly dished out in this thread. Thank you plenty plenty.
I am a first timer. I want try out maize.maize entry is sep/nov like you said. Is it advise able to buy now and at what price and when should I sell.I Reside in the remote part of plateau state where maize is farmed.
Thanks.
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by Olayimikami: 7:20am On Oct 15, 2017
xprimate:
Good morning Nigeria and a happy sunday to you all. @OP Thank will be an understatement for the wealth of information you have constantly dished out in this thread. Thank you plenty plenty.
I am a first timer. I want try out maize.maize entry is sep/nov like you said. Is it advise able to buy now and at what price and when should I sell.I Reside in the remote part of plateau state where maize is farmed.
Thanks.

Maize is at an all time low in 3 years using available market indices.

You can go ahead and buy but note that price may dip further and climb slowly.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together / Bush Meats From My Farms / My Vegetable Garden Is Under Attack: Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.