Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,036 members, 7,807,113 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:45 AM

Rahama Sadau Suspended From Kanywood: The 'Immoral' Video That Caused It - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Rahama Sadau Suspended From Kanywood: The 'Immoral' Video That Caused It (92310 Views)

Rahama Sadau Reveals Her Virginity Status Online; Gets Criticized / Wizkid Vs Davido Dubai Fight: "Wizkid Was Slapped, Sunday Are & Tekno Caused It" / Rahama Sadau Meets Akon In USA (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rahama Sadau Suspended From Kanywood: The 'Immoral' Video That Caused It by ObiOmaMu: 8:04am On Oct 03, 2016
The Motion Pictures Practitioners Association of Nigeria yesterday announced they have expelled top Kannywood actress, Rahama Sadau, from the Hausa film industry because she featured in a romantic musical video by Jos born singer, ClassiQ and hugged, cuddled the music artist.

Press play to see the video. The association said the feature was immoral and also warned other actors and actresses to henceforth follow the rules binding their participation in the Kannywood film industry.

Meanwhile, a die hard Rahama Sadau fan has started a campaign demanding that MOPPAN takes Rahama Sadau back.

Dear Laila,

I am sure you already know that Rahama Sadau has been suspended for hugging a man in a music video. I am a poor girl like Rahama from the North who once found her impressive life an inspiration, the way she was able to rise from being an everyday girl from Kaduna to starring in Nollywood pictures made me dream, maybe one day, I too could.

In many ways, I think she's a lot like you - a woman facing the brute reality of trying to make it in a man's world. Unfortunately, Rahama's 'inspiring' days are about to be cut short. I know its a lot to ask, I know you have so many more important things to deal with and I know this might never get to you, but something in me told me I had to at least try.

I have started a petition on change.org,( https://www.change.org/p/motion-picture-practitioners-association-of-nigeria-moppan-bring-back-rahama-sadau?recruiter=605081813&utm_source=share_for_starters&utm_medium=copyLink) demanding that MOPPAN has a rethink on its decision.

MOPPAN is a national body and whether they like it or not, the people in Nollywood hold all the big guns, and there aren't many women with your reach or influence that can or might be willing to make them chip in.

Please share my petition on your site, or perhaps just give your voice to those calling for more fairness in the matter.
The people that did this are being inspired by the same religious puritanism that inspired Boko Haram, please help poor northern girls know that it's not a crime to hug or be hugged, it's not crime to do what men are allowed to do everyday of their lives.

Thank You
Maryam Jemaare

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/10/kannywood-actress-rahama-sadau-expelled-immoral-video-watch.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yEfO8OgjXE

6 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Rahama Sadau Suspended From Kanywood: The 'Immoral' Video That Caused It by princefunmmy(m): 8:11am On Oct 03, 2016
Ftc

1 Like

Re: Rahama Sadau Suspended From Kanywood: The 'Immoral' Video That Caused It by Dinocarex(m): 8:16am On Oct 03, 2016
Welcome to the year 1889. This people are not yet in the year 2016!!
I thought they are professionals!!

310 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Rahama Sadau Suspended From Kanywood: The 'Immoral' Video That Caused It by Nobody: 8:21am On Oct 03, 2016
there's nothing immoral about the video

158 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Rahama Sadau Suspended From Kanywood: The 'Immoral' Video That Caused It by UnknownT: 8:27am On Oct 03, 2016
They said she violated a code of ethics binding kannywood actors, that her fan should get us a copy of the code of ethics for us to see if she truly violated it. BTW, I see nothing immoral in the video, meaning if she mistakenly features in Olamide or Timaya's video, they will declare a Fatwa on her head undecided lipsrsealed

285 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Rahama Sadau Suspended From Kanywood: The 'Immoral' Video That Caused It by emorse(m): 8:31am On Oct 03, 2016
Why is she struggling to remain in Kannywood? She's too pretty to be restricted to that relatively unknown quantity. Make she step up to Nollywood proper jor. After which she can make an attempt on Hollywood. Its going to be really difficult o. But difficult is not impossible.

171 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Rahama Sadau Suspended From Kanywood: The 'Immoral' Video That Caused It by perfectwazobia1: 8:38am On Oct 03, 2016
These people are the greatest of hypocrites, what is immoral in the video and they will be there doing worst things behind close doors. She should better relocate so they don't kill her dream. Na by force to be kannywood hearing that for the first time.

132 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Rahama Sadau Suspended From Kanywood: The 'Immoral' Video That Caused It by Young03(m): 8:39am On Oct 03, 2016
just because of cuddling n hugging

what if they where caught doing the do

na she know sah

6 Likes

Re: Rahama Sadau Suspended From Kanywood: The 'Immoral' Video That Caused It by Mologi(m): 8:45am On Oct 03, 2016
18th century cinema industry....

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Rahama Sadau Suspended From Kanywood: The 'Immoral' Video That Caused It by itsmine: 9:24am On Oct 03, 2016
Mologi:
public stunt .....they are promoting the video..

because I CNT even see where she was doing bad things...so to say
You call it publicity stunt 'cos u don't know d religious north. Pray, a fatwah isn't issued for her murder!

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rahama Sadau Suspended From Kanywood: The 'Immoral' Video That Caused It by masseratti: 10:12am On Oct 03, 2016
She should come down south Jare, she fine pass
the thick ones i see in Yoruba movies forming sexy, am sure she can always get a decent role in new nollywood movies.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rahama Sadau Suspended From Kanywood: The 'Immoral' Video That Caused It by nwaanambra1(m): 10:33am On Oct 03, 2016
nice jam there. i played it twice. the guy sounds like MI back n the days.

the musician and the girl should both dump the stvpid abok.i.wood and relocate to Lagos asap and be made the super stars they are supposed to be.

i remember they did that to one those their local star back then and the guy move to lagos, join nollywood and became a super star - whats that guy name again! they ended up begging him to come back.

the music is really nice - and the video is cool.

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rahama Sadau Suspended From Kanywood: The 'Immoral' Video That Caused It by Nobody: 11:09am On Oct 03, 2016
Hausa films are typical of Indian melodrama.

Hausa Nollywood films are about morality.

In the past, Hausa women are forbidden from going to cinema.

Hausa's Kannywood is known to protect the strong Islamic codes of practise in film and movie production and circulation.

Kannywood is an offshoot of Nollywood, leading film industry in sub-Sahara Africa. Following closely to Indian Bollywood and America's Hollywood.

Amazing decision grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Rahama Sadau Suspended From Kanywood: The 'Immoral' Video That Caused It by superfelix: 11:10am On Oct 03, 2016
Hian!
Re: Rahama Sadau Suspended From Kanywood: The 'Immoral' Video That Caused It by Dandsome: 11:10am On Oct 03, 2016
Immoral?? shocked shocked

Please can someone define the immoral part of the video here please. They didn`t kiss o. Just that she hugged him from behind? I hate hypocrisy to the core. These same people explelling her will still sleep with small girls in the dark o.

before you quote me, chill cos I grew up in the north, I know what i`m talking about.
Unless there is something else that is making them expel her apart from this video

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Rahama Sadau Suspended From Kanywood: The 'Immoral' Video That Caused It by emeijeh(m): 11:10am On Oct 03, 2016
Just like that?!

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rahama Sadau Suspended From Kanywood: The 'Immoral' Video That Caused It by Nobody: 11:11am On Oct 03, 2016
Who the video epp?
Re: Rahama Sadau Suspended From Kanywood: The 'Immoral' Video That Caused It by Wolfbrother(m): 11:11am On Oct 03, 2016
Bloody Hypocrites

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rahama Sadau Suspended From Kanywood: The 'Immoral' Video That Caused It by clefstone(m): 11:11am On Oct 03, 2016
Hypocrites

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rahama Sadau Suspended From Kanywood: The 'Immoral' Video That Caused It by Nobody: 11:11am On Oct 03, 2016
nothing too bad about the video naa, maybe its a publicity stunt, check out my jam below btw

2 Likes

Re: Rahama Sadau Suspended From Kanywood: The 'Immoral' Video That Caused It by shaddoww: 11:12am On Oct 03, 2016
And this is why they have d highest number of lesbians in Nigeria

7 Likes

Re: Rahama Sadau Suspended From Kanywood: The 'Immoral' Video That Caused It by eddyline(m): 11:12am On Oct 03, 2016
how about the guy? does he not deserve to be suspended also? or is he not a member of their association?

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rahama Sadau Suspended From Kanywood: The 'Immoral' Video That Caused It by Nobody: 11:13am On Oct 03, 2016
She was playing the role of the singer's love interest on the video. What were they expecting her to do; stand afar off from him? undecided

Its just like a lady playing the role of Adekunle Gold's lover in "orente" and you expect her to stand 12 miles away from him throughout the video.

Sanctimonious pr.icks angry

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rahama Sadau Suspended From Kanywood: The 'Immoral' Video That Caused It by Afrok(m): 11:15am On Oct 03, 2016
Kannywood? shocked Like a new wood discovered and named after Kanye West? shocked

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rahama Sadau Suspended From Kanywood: The 'Immoral' Video That Caused It by dtruseeker(m): 11:15am On Oct 03, 2016
Love the music
Re: Rahama Sadau Suspended From Kanywood: The 'Immoral' Video That Caused It by obeenah40(m): 11:15am On Oct 03, 2016
This kannywood guys are funny.

I used my data to stream the complete video hoping to see a sex scene or even small unclad scene that would cause someone to get expelled from the industry.

There was no hugging sef, the only held hand

See as dem just waste my data

27 Likes

Re: Rahama Sadau Suspended From Kanywood: The 'Immoral' Video That Caused It by kings09(m): 11:15am On Oct 03, 2016
grin Hausa n hypocrisy. Even Indian bollywood de cuddle n hug sef. I don't knw y northerners r bn too religious more than d ppl dat brought their religion.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rahama Sadau Suspended From Kanywood: The 'Immoral' Video That Caused It by antontech(m): 11:16am On Oct 03, 2016
And we r in the same country with this people. Kufiakwa. Pls give us Biafra

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rahama Sadau Suspended From Kanywood: The 'Immoral' Video That Caused It by tempest01(m): 11:16am On Oct 03, 2016
Hypocrites...can the person that signed this swear with his life that he has had nothing to do with a woman that he is not married to?'

I see no reason for giving these ladies to flow the strict interpretation of what ever, but the things you yourselves do are an aberration.

1 Like

Re: Rahama Sadau Suspended From Kanywood: The 'Immoral' Video That Caused It by Swizdom(m): 11:16am On Oct 03, 2016
Let the news remain like this o. Let's not hear that her head or hand or leg don comot from her body o.

8 Likes

Re: Rahama Sadau Suspended From Kanywood: The 'Immoral' Video That Caused It by murtalaa(m): 11:17am On Oct 03, 2016
Meanwhile they couldn't summon courage to ban the likes of Ali Nuhu. Bunch of dickless Hippocrates.

63 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fans To Dayo Amusa: "You Are Bleaching Too Much" / Cardi B: AKA Mocks Nigerians 'We Hosted The World Cup, You Hosted Cardi B' / Obi Cubana & His Staff Having Breakfast In The Sky: Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.