Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,583 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:37 PM

Nairaland Shark Tank - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nairaland Shark Tank (1083 Views)

Ni to ri pe / LAPO Microfinance Bank Is A Devilish Loan Shark / A Loan Shark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Shark Tank by jossy26: 9:08am On Oct 03, 2016
Hi nairaland,
I recently stumbled on a programme on YouTube, it's called Shark Tank, am sure many people here must of watched it since something like that was aired in Nigeria a couple of years ago, I think Dragons Den was successful then but don't know when and why the programme was stopped.

I'm thinking we may start something like that here on this thread where entrepreneurs, business minded men and women tell us about their business model, type, if and how they making profit in the business and have identified what they need in order for the business to be more successful or if they would like to expand the business.

We also expect investors, especially young people that have legit means of livelihood to meet with the entrepreneurs, let's see if we can replicate those deals they make on shark tank.

The watchword here is honesty, many people have the means(money) and many others have got ideas but no money to progress the business but if we can honestly connect money and ideas together I believe we can improve our economy. I also hope the thread can be pushed to get more traffic.

So let's get the ball rolling, what ideas have you got? What business are you doing, how much do you need to expand and what percentage of the business are you willing to part in exchange for the required fund. Please remember you not soliciting for loan, just ask for how much you need and the percentage of the business you willing to part with.

God bless Nigeria

cc - lalasticlala
Seun

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Shark Tank by iHart(m): 10:24am On Oct 03, 2016
Interesting
Re: Nairaland Shark Tank by jossy26: 10:43am On Oct 03, 2016
YEA, interesting, i hope people will plug into the idea or what do you think
Re: Nairaland Shark Tank by iHart(m): 11:33am On Oct 03, 2016
I hope people will plug into the idea. I have a business idea. Structures are already in place. I need fund to take off. Anyone interested can reach me via my contact in my signature for more details.
Re: Nairaland Shark Tank by jossy26: 12:58pm On Oct 03, 2016
The aim of the thread is to discuss the business idea here, am sure you have seen some episode of shark tank, lets discuss here, if any investor is interested, you guys can they take it private so others can learn a thing or two
Re: Nairaland Shark Tank by jossy26: 3:15pm On Oct 03, 2016
just views, no comment?? lol
Re: Nairaland Shark Tank by iHart(m): 5:15pm On Oct 03, 2016
Ok, though I planned starting a thread to attract investors to my business, I can as well post some things here but let more people come on board.
Re: Nairaland Shark Tank by jossy26: 7:49pm On Oct 03, 2016
OK that's nice, we hope and wait for my views and comments
Re: Nairaland Shark Tank by taryour(f): 10:50pm On Oct 03, 2016
following bumper to bumper....
Re: Nairaland Shark Tank by jossy26: 1:24pm On Oct 04, 2016
taryour:
following bumper to bumper....

hmmmm, ok oo
Re: Nairaland Shark Tank by iHart(m): 12:46pm On Oct 05, 2016
People ain't commenting, why?
Re: Nairaland Shark Tank by jossy26: 2:13pm On Oct 05, 2016
lol, maybe people dont have that much ideas or probably no enough traffic to the thread
Re: Nairaland Shark Tank by webarse: 6:59pm On Oct 05, 2016
People would hardly comment, how many even understand the meaning of shark tank or have watched those seasonal episodes? Again there comes the issue of the possibility of an idea theft where many people might not feel comfortable with.
Lastly I hope this works and in fact if it works I would be more than glad... but I think nairaland might not be the best platform in terms of deal negotiation and conclusion to make an interesting replica of shark tank.
...forgive me if am wrong.
Re: Nairaland Shark Tank by jossy26: 5:26am On Oct 06, 2016
webarse:
People would hardly comment, how many even understand the meaning of shark tank or have watched those seasonal episodes? Again there comes the issue of the possibility of an idea theft where many people might not feel comfortable with.
Lastly I hope this works and in fact if it works I would be more than glad... but I think nairaland might not be the best platform in terms of deal negotiation and conclusion to make an interesting replica of shark tank.
...forgive me if am wrong.

Lovely idea bro, nothing to forgive, I think apart from lots of teenagers now on Nairaland I know there are lots and lots of average income and middle class people here especially on property and business section, this section is the serious part of nairaland not romance or celebrity.
People with ideas don't really new need to reveal all, you can still conceal the main part of the business till you connect to someone that may be interested in investing.

Ofcourse you have seen a couple of episode of shark tank, though some of them have their ideas on patent but still there are more without patent and they always share brief details about the business. I think it can happen on this platform.....lets be patient

(1) (Reply)

I Need A 50k Loan / Help! I Need Electronic Components Wholesaler From Lagos / What Business Can I Do With #500,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.