Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:43 PM

Eight States In Nigeria Will Soon Be Wiped Off By Flood - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eight States In Nigeria Will Soon Be Wiped Off By Flood (5127 Views)

Obiano Visits Houses Destroyed By Flood In The Rain (Photos) / Nkpor Express Way Anambra State About To Be Washed By Flood Pics / Jonathan Carrying A 4-Day-Old Baby Delivered By Flood Victim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eight States In Nigeria Will Soon Be Wiped Off By Flood by Mbeki: 2:25pm On Oct 16, 2009
The states of Taraba, Adamawa, Kogi, Benue, Cross Rivers, Nassarawa, Plateau and Enugu are on the danger list of been wiped out in less than 5 years when the Dam of Lake Nyos will likely collapse.
In the event of the collapse of the dam,over 5 million cubic litters of water will be released, leading to flooding which will affect about 40 million Nigerians and animals.
it will submerge some areas in states such as Taraba, Benue, Cross River, Kogi and Enugu States etc.
Some parts of Makurdi town will submerge forever.
The lake contains carbon dioxide which will suffocate people from the Cameroun up to Adamawa
The issue came up at the Senate last week, The Government is still toying with their options on the issue.

http://www.oncameroon.com/rim/en/scfull?a=Lake-Nyos-is-a-disaster-foretold&story_id=993&cat=inside_cameroon

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/guest-articles/mitigating-lake-nyos-flood-threat-nemas-rejoinder-to-nvs-writers.html
Re: Eight States In Nigeria Will Soon Be Wiped Off By Flood by Nobody: 2:31pm On Oct 16, 2009
I think that's the only active volcano in west Africa though I'm not sure.

can anything be done about this problem?

except pray, because the last time it "erupted" and wiped out a whole village without any warning.

I dont know if there are any volcanologists in Africa.

God help us.
Re: Eight States In Nigeria Will Soon Be Wiped Off By Flood by Mbeki: 9:30pm On Oct 16, 2009
This same place has emitted carbon dioxide sometimes ago killing lots of people. The Federal Government announced that they'll release 26billion for to construct a dam to buffer the effect, but yet nothing has been released so far.
The people concerned are still moping going about their so called business till the day the flood will sweep them away. I pity Nigerians, even when their lives are at stake, they take action.
Re: Eight States In Nigeria Will Soon Be Wiped Off By Flood by SeanT21(f): 9:36pm On Oct 16, 2009
WOW~~I hope the government start warning people about this disaster if they have not done so. 5 years is very short.
Re: Eight States In Nigeria Will Soon Be Wiped Off By Flood by whiteroses(f): 10:59pm On Oct 16, 2009
aww poor people. nigeria as i know it nothing will be done
Re: Eight States In Nigeria Will Soon Be Wiped Off By Flood by IniUbom(m): 11:11pm On Oct 16, 2009
Flooding wil lid 2 outbrk of Yello fvr while othr disises wil b contracted. I hate global wrmng!
Re: Eight States In Nigeria Will Soon Be Wiped Off By Flood by Fhemmmy: 3:01am On Oct 17, 2009
This will be a terrible disaster and i hope they will learn from other nations that has gone thru flood and have been wiped out.
Hope they will do something be4 it is too late.
Re: Eight States In Nigeria Will Soon Be Wiped Off By Flood by IniUbom(m): 6:05am On Oct 17, 2009
dont 4get Lagos isnt safe no matr hw u portion it
whiteroses:

aww poor people. nigeria as i know it nothing will be done
Re: Eight States In Nigeria Will Soon Be Wiped Off By Flood by puskin: 7:07am On Oct 17, 2009
Typical naija attitude.
Do sumtin ONLY when it happens.
On a brighter note, itz good cos Nigeria's population will drastically reduce. Our numbers is beginning 2freak me out.
Re: Eight States In Nigeria Will Soon Be Wiped Off By Flood by kosovo(m): 12:59pm On Oct 19, 2009
wow,  shocked
  signs of the end days and fulfillment of the  2012/2013  Nigeria division grin
Re: Eight States In Nigeria Will Soon Be Wiped Off By Flood by Nezan(m): 1:15pm On Oct 19, 2009
God save us!
Re: Eight States In Nigeria Will Soon Be Wiped Off By Flood by nex(m): 1:22pm On Oct 19, 2009
The government should call on Israel and South Africa to do something because when they were testing thermonuclear devices there in '86, they should've thought about this.
Re: Eight States In Nigeria Will Soon Be Wiped Off By Flood by Ben13: 1:37pm On Oct 19, 2009
lol I can't shout o.

FG shud please leave ASUU and the Niger delta and concentrate on this, before Naija version of 1993 will repeat itself.
Re: Eight States In Nigeria Will Soon Be Wiped Off By Flood by Epi: 1:37pm On Oct 19, 2009
Are g'ment officials preparing/prepared (evacuation, food and shelter) for this kind of disaster?

**where there is no vision the ppl perish***
Re: Eight States In Nigeria Will Soon Be Wiped Off By Flood by Ibime(m): 1:38pm On Oct 19, 2009
That lake already killed hundreds of people when the CO2 escaped from underneath it. Saw it on Discovery channel.
Re: Eight States In Nigeria Will Soon Be Wiped Off By Flood by kosovo(m): 1:57pm On Oct 19, 2009
@Ben-10
lol I can't shout o.

FG shud please leave ASUU and the Niger delta and concentrate on this, before Naija version of 1993 will repeat itself.
What a hypocritical douchebag you are.
Honestly, you must be nuts,
  FG should leave the education of the future leaders shocked
you are simply nuts! cool, no doubt about that.
Re: Eight States In Nigeria Will Soon Be Wiped Off By Flood by mrofficial(m): 2:06pm On Oct 19, 2009
I'm sure they will be preparing their families to fly out of Nigeria. I pray Hurricane or tornado or tsunami happens the following week and sweep away their families. Amen!
Re: Eight States In Nigeria Will Soon Be Wiped Off By Flood by toideve(m): 2:11pm On Oct 19, 2009
shocked this is serious
Re: Eight States In Nigeria Will Soon Be Wiped Off By Flood by THEAMAKA(f): 2:12pm On Oct 19, 2009
why are people here arguing and insulting each other already?
this is one of the most serious threads!
people will DIE!
there will be TRAGEDY!!
and instead of you to say something meaningful and propose an idea, you start lashing out at each other.
this is why Nigeria is where it is today.
na wa ooo.

im really scared, THEY HAVE TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS.
(i just wanna grab yaradua by his neck!  angry angry)
Re: Eight States In Nigeria Will Soon Be Wiped Off By Flood by kosovo(m): 2:18pm On Oct 19, 2009
@ THE AMAKA
why are people here arguing and insulting each other already?
this is one of the most serious threads!
people will DIE!
there will be TRAGEDY!!
and instead of you to say something meaningful and propose an idea, you start lashing out at each other.
this is why Nigeria is where it is today.
na wa ooo.

im really scared, THEY HAVE TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS.
you did not care to know that after all your rants, you FAILED to address any issue as well
(i just wanna grab yaradua by his neck! )
Tell me that's not DUMB!
Re: Eight States In Nigeria Will Soon Be Wiped Off By Flood by THEAMAKA(f): 2:25pm On Oct 19, 2009
and you are doing what?
insulting the next person when given the opportunity.
getta way jor!
Re: Eight States In Nigeria Will Soon Be Wiped Off By Flood by mrofficial(m): 2:29pm On Oct 19, 2009
Both of u are kids.
Re: Eight States In Nigeria Will Soon Be Wiped Off By Flood by kosovo(m): 2:31pm On Oct 19, 2009
and you are doing what?
insulting the next person when given the opportunity.
getta way jor!
Okay,

@mr.official
Both of u are kids.
You are a completely delusional moronic excuse for a human being.
Re: Eight States In Nigeria Will Soon Be Wiped Off By Flood by mrofficial(m): 2:36pm On Oct 19, 2009
@kosovo, you expect me to reply?
Re: Eight States In Nigeria Will Soon Be Wiped Off By Flood by kosovo(m): 2:55pm On Oct 19, 2009
@mr.official
BUT you just did, lols,
lets stop this madness right now, grin
Re: Eight States In Nigeria Will Soon Be Wiped Off By Flood by Nobody: 2:59pm On Oct 19, 2009
mr.official:

abeg don't mind these juveniles.
Re: Eight States In Nigeria Will Soon Be Wiped Off By Flood by mrofficial(m): 3:02pm On Oct 19, 2009
@kosovo, you're not ok grin i mean to ur dirty words.
Re: Eight States In Nigeria Will Soon Be Wiped Off By Flood by totalfact(m): 3:18pm On Oct 19, 2009
This is just mere speculation!
Re: Eight States In Nigeria Will Soon Be Wiped Off By Flood by chelseabmw(m): 3:23pm On Oct 19, 2009
Thank God my state is not affected grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Eight States In Nigeria Will Soon Be Wiped Off By Flood by bawomolo(m): 3:24pm On Oct 19, 2009
totalfact:

This is just mere speculation!

negro please

http://ochaonline.un.org/OchaLinkClick.aspx?link=ocha&DocId=1003780

chelseabmw:

Thank God my state is not affected grin grin grin grin grin

you do know the displaced people have to be relocated somewhere right?
Re: Eight States In Nigeria Will Soon Be Wiped Off By Flood by rozu4luv(m): 4:01pm On Oct 19, 2009
right now am in kogi but i don't think i will be dere in five yrs time
Re: Eight States In Nigeria Will Soon Be Wiped Off By Flood by SeanT21(f): 4:03pm On Oct 19, 2009
bawomolo:

negro please

http://ochaonline.un.org/OchaLinkClick.aspx?link=ocha&DocId=1003780

you do know the displaced people have to be relocated somewhere right?

Thanks for that link. Interesting info. It seems that Cameroon is planning to do something about it. Hopefully, the Nigerian government helps them because if anything goes wrong its gonna affect them both.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dredging Of River Niger Completed – Obi’s Aide / Photos Of How Africans Sit Atop Border Fence In A Desperate Move To Enter Spain / A Reporter Asked Obama If Its Possible To Postpone Election , See Answer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.