Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,510 members, 7,808,865 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:16 PM

Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? (35906 Views)

Poll: Proud to be a citizen of Nigeria?

Yes: 80% (111 votes)
No: 19% (27 votes)
This poll has ended

Why Are You Proud To Be Nigerian? / Igbo Kwenu! Kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady / Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by Outkast(f): 4:35pm On Dec 19, 2005
I'll say it now, and I don't care what YOU have to say,
I'm not building excuses for our country, but I will tell you this. It takes time, patience, hardwork and prayers for any country to be great.Your entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine and that's that.
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by snazzydawn(f): 9:41pm On Dec 19, 2005
Snazzydawn......proudly Nigerian!!!
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by nicetohave(m): 4:55am On Dec 20, 2005
Me too
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by Renegade(m): 8:59am On Dec 20, 2005
why not? i enjoy being nigerian. in america, people who meet me want to confirm what they've heard about nigerians. they want to know, is he really intelligent, good in bed, aggressive, fraudulent? this gives me d chance to play with their minds. i really enjoy it.
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by Nobody: 9:06am On Dec 20, 2005
i dont think this really applies to nigerians who live in nigeria.
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by Z4M4eva(f): 10:38am On Dec 20, 2005
K2DaC:

i don't think this really applies to nigerians who live in nigeria.

I think you've got a point smiley I know what you mean
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by mamba(m): 10:50am On Dec 20, 2005
I dont know what u mean.. explain..
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by Z4M4eva(f): 10:51am On Dec 20, 2005
mamba:

I don't know what u mean.. explain..

Who you talking to mamba, me or K2DaC?
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by mamba(m): 11:11am On Dec 20, 2005
both of you i guess..
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by chrisd(m): 12:55pm On Dec 22, 2005
I proud to be Italian, best food in the world. What have you to offer? smiley)
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by panthress(f): 11:06am On Jan 08, 2006
Most jamaicans r from Nigeria(igbo), lol did nebody kno dat. Our food . cultures r similar. but we have ongoing beef cuz they say we sold em. me im proud to be Nigerian the africans i kno r proud to be africans. and they prefer africa better well 50% of them even tho they were born here. man i cant wait to go on holiday to Nigeria. wooooooooooohooooooo
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by panthress(f): 11:12am On Jan 08, 2006
Im proud as a peacock to be from 9ja.
i love corruption bit of Nigeria, the 419 bit, the good part of them, i love bein able to go to my vilage n sleep in anyones house i choose to, i dont even have to cook i can eat anywhere, sleep outside without nothin happenin to me. Enjoyin da cool breeze. thatz wat makes Nigeria nigeria. U cannot sleep outside in London, U dey craze, cant sleep in anyones house ard ur compound but i can do it in my village. U cant collect fresh fruit fromn tree over here but i love doin it in Nigeria.
NO FOOD BEATS NIGERIAN FOOD!!!
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by IAH(f): 11:43am On Jan 08, 2006
panthress:

NO FOOD BEATS NIGERIAN FOOD!!!

Oh you are soooooooo right!!! When my former flatmates tasted Indomie Noodles, they said it's soooo tasty. Unlike the tasteless Heinz or Blue-Dragon noodles and the other fake noodles here.
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by nicetohave(m): 11:54am On Jan 08, 2006
yes oooooooooooooooo, i concur mouth watering tongue
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by kizzy(f): 4:59pm On Jan 08, 2006
HELL YEAH!! i'm proud 2 be a nigerian
i like 2 be real wit ppl so if any1 asks me where i'm from i tell them straight up....yo i'm from nigeria cool and if u dnt like dats ur problem wink
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by kaylala(m): 5:00pm On Jan 08, 2006
I am still thinking

I should know in 2days time lipsrsealed
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by nicetohave(m): 5:58pm On Jan 08, 2006
kizzy:

HELL YEAH!! i'm proud 2 be a nigerian
i like 2 be real wit people so if anyone asks me where i'm from i tell them straight up.yo i'm from nigeria cool and if u dnt like dats your problem wink

...and their loss too, preach it sister............Nigeria we hail thee cool
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by Olorididan(m): 5:19am On Jan 10, 2006
SHUUUUUUUUU..... U WAN TRY angry?
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by otokx(m): 11:27am On Jan 10, 2006
I am sure proud to be a nigeria.
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by kaylala(m): 11:39am On Jan 10, 2006
Naija Ninja for life

Proudly Nigerian

Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by panthress(f): 8:57pm On Jan 10, 2006
nigerian all da way

Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by panthress(f): 8:58pm On Jan 10, 2006
yup Nigerian till i dizeie

Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by nicetohave(m): 9:45pm On Jan 10, 2006
Up oodua

Up Nigeria

the land of honey and milk

my dear and native land
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by fadekemi(f): 11:35pm On Jan 10, 2006
yes ofcourse
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by kaylala(m): 11:38pm On Jan 10, 2006
@ panthress,nice concept

Proud Nigerians hails you wink
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by panthress(f): 12:08am On Jan 11, 2006
thx u a real nigerian og
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by dafman(m): 7:21pm On Jan 11, 2006
By HotAngel
hunnie! This is something that gets on my nerve every day!

I just wish i can record my voice and paste it on here right now!

I fxcking hate people[nigerians], that say.. they ain't nigerian because

1. I was born in amaerica, jamaica, london....
2. My dad is nigerian, but my mom is american.. so i choose american
3. The stupidiest one is, i left nigeria when i was 7, now i am 16.. i don't know anything about nigeria, i am a "resident alien".. so i am american. ARGHHHHH.. PUH--LEASE KILL ME!!!!

You know what, talking about this issue makes me want to bite myself. I HATE people like this.

You can tell from all angle that they are nigerian, and they start talking about they ain't nigerian. I walked up to an asshole of a girl, knew she was nigerian.. and she started to cook up the i was born in america sh!T. I was like.. but your parents r nigerian right? She was like yeah.. and we lived there for 8 years. I was like... okay?? U r nigerian... she said, ermm.. NO.

You know what, i ain't mad at people like this when they sumtims do that.. but the most annoying part is when they Say it as if, being a Nigerian is an insult to humanity! They say it as if... OHH HELL NO!, I am so not nigerian.
And when the god forsaken oyinbo man starts to talk bad about africa, they be talking as if we live with lions and sh!t. I mean come on now!!! Come on!! I always get mad like a lion when i am in class and a disccusion like that comes up. I'll defend the whole of africa with my last saliva.. till i make it known to them that! We ain't what they think we are. Although we have comma.

Back to the topic now. I am proud to be nigerian, african or watever. The whole i am an american citizen sh!t don't mean i am not originally from Nigeria. People need to stop that sh!t and be real.

My exact sentiments! No need to bother about people like that cos they won't be of any use to Nigeria anyway, we're over 120 million, we need to reduce the population, anyone that wants to claim yankee, londoner or Italo can go right ahead.
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by virozuru(f): 2:42am On Jan 12, 2006
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by vichel(m): 8:36am On Jan 12, 2006
Wats not to be proud about of the Happiest Place in the world. OH God if i die today, and come back to life again, please bring me back as a NIGERIAN cool. I Love my country but i hate its f..kin leaders.
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by hotangel2(f): 8:42am On Jan 12, 2006
I am sick ohh.

I was reading dafman's reply, and i was thinking "WHO IN THE WORLD THINKS AND WRITE THE SAME WAY I DO??"

I didn't see the "by hot-angel" on top.. so i was wondering, this person just copied what i said. When i saw that the person was tryna quote me, i started laughing! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by kaylala(m): 10:54am On Jan 12, 2006
Just on ur trails,neva mind
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by larger20(m): 8:42pm On Jan 15, 2006
Big headed proud nigerian in the house....I will be going to nigeria after my masters to help the poor country grow up..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25)

Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Wears Igwe Attire (Photos) / Photos From 2021 Osun Osogbo Festival / All Ile-ife Women Restricted Indoors Tonight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.