Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,684 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:19 PM

Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) (43717 Views)

Killers Of Python In Calabar: Handling Snake Is Our Culture; no charms or juju / Eight Bad Sides Of An African Man You Probably Don't Know / Can Black Magic(juju)be Sent To Someone Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by Afam(m): 10:43am On Oct 17, 2009
Kenezi:

Afam please, is you believe in it so much, shoot yourself in the chest with protection under Juju and put the video on youtube. We will judge if it is true or not then.

You must be extremely stupid to ask me to do that because I have never claimed that I use juju. I know it works because of what I have seen people do right in front of me.

It is a matter of choice that I don't use it because I believe it is based on evil powers from what I see.

You must learn to discuss like a normal human being.

If you are a christian how do you use the physical laws to explain some of the things I referenced from the bible.

8 Likes

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by texazzpete(m): 10:55am On Oct 17, 2009
Interesting discussion, wonderful to see how much knowledge we can disseminate and debate when we need to.

If Juju does exist, i have no doubt that it'd work on or for only those who believe fervently in it.
I KNOW that there's no way i'll shoot anyone at point blank range with a Desert Eagle and it won't penetrate. I don't care what amount of 'jazz' (apologies to Rita of Koko Mansion) you've done, there's no way a bullet's gonna bounce off human skin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by Afam(m): 10:59am On Oct 17, 2009
texazzpete:

Interesting discussion, wonderful to see how much knowledge we can disseminate and debate when we need to.

If Juju does exist, i have no doubt that it'd work on or for only those who believe fervently in it.
I KNOW that there's no way i'll shoot anyone at point blank range with a Desert Eagle and it won't penetrate. I don't care what amount of 'jazz' (apologies to Rita of Koko Mansion) you've done, there's no way a bullet's gonna bounce off human skin grin

Are you willing to take a bet and try it on someone that believes and uses juju to repel bullet on the condition that if the bullet does not penetrate he should return fire on you?

If yes, I will get people that do this to take up your challenge.

If no then stop turning a serious issue like this into a joke simply because you have not witnessed anything like this.

5 Likes

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by Jakumo(m): 11:01am On Oct 17, 2009
Ha ha ha Losing battle Tex. Losing battle. Wilful, self-inflicted dementia CANNOT, by definition, EVER be cured.
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by texazzpete(m): 11:20am On Oct 17, 2009
Afam:

Are you willing to take a bet and try it on someone that believes and uses juju to repel bullet on the condition that if the bullet does not penetrate he should return fire on you?

If yes, I will get people that do this to take up your challenge.

If no then stop turning a serious issue like this into a joke simply because you have not witnessed anything like this.

Well, people say lots of things. Do i believe anything just because i haven't 'witnessed' it myself? No!
I am not willing to enter any agreement or consider any scenario that involves anyone who luckily survives a bullet wound turning a gun on me. However, if you're game, i'll pay N500000 to anyone who manages to repel a bullet fired from my gun. I have no hangups about killing anyone, so it may well be a worthwhile diversion to:

1. Prove my point
2. Rid the world of one more occultist

I'd like to see the day these our famed Juju men ensure Nigeria wins the world cup.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by Afam(m): 11:24am On Oct 17, 2009
texazzpete:

Well, people say lots of things. Do i believe anything just because i haven't 'witnessed' it myself? No!
I am not willing to enter any agreement or consider any scenario that involves anyone who luckily survives a bullet wound turning a gun on me. However, if you're game, i'll pay N500000 to anyone who manages to repel a bullet fired from my gun. I have no  hangups about killing anyone, so it may well be a worthwhile diversion to:

1. Prove my point
2. Rid the world of one more occultist

I'd like to see the day these our famed Juju men ensure Nigeria wins the world cup.

Of course you will use your own gun, do you think the Bakassi boys hand over guns to soldiers to shoot them for the bullet not to penetrate?

However, no one is interested in the money your are talking about. If you are so sure that it does not exist then I see no reason why you should not be ready to take the bullet if your belief is proven to be fundamentally flawed.

At least we are getting somewhere.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by texazzpete(m): 11:40am On Oct 17, 2009
Afam:

However, no one is interested in the money your are talking about. If you are so sure that it does not exist then[b] I see no reason why you should not be ready to take the bullet if your belief is proven to be fundamentally flawed.[/b]

I'm sorry, but the part in bold does not logically compute. I have made no claims to being bullet proof, why should i then volunteer myself to be shot in turn?
The monetary reward is to encourage anyone willing to take me up on the offer. But then again, haven't we established that Nigerian jazz men are strangely averse to making money?

Enough talk. If you know people who are happy to repel bullets against the JTF et al for free, then they should have no difficulty in partaking in a public demonstration of their abilities for which they'll be well rewarded.
Is N500000 to small? I'll up the ante to 1 million. Desert Eagle shot to the head from 3 feet away. Repel and get paid. Simple.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by Kenezi: 11:43am On Oct 17, 2009
Afam:

You must be extremely stupid to ask me to do that because I have never claimed that I use juju. I know it works because of what I have seen people do right in front of me.

It is a matter of choice that I don't use it because I believe it is based on evil powers from what I see.

If you are a christian how do you use the physical laws to explain some of the things I referenced from the bible.

Well if you have seen it done before, I'm sure you can record it for all of us to see. Then we'll see how true your biblical miracle workers are.

2 Likes

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by Busybody2(f): 11:48am On Oct 17, 2009
Afam:

Claims? I have witnessed people being shot at close range (less than a meter) severally without the bullet penetrating. Is this a newspaper publication?

It is sad how people twist information to justify a position.

The bible records that Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead after 3 days. Does this obey or disobey the physical laws you seem to respect 100% of the time?

Jonah was reported to have been swallowed by a fish only to be delivered where God wanted him to go. Is this a violation of the physical laws?

Sarah gave birth to a child after menopause. Does this obey the physical laws?

No one is asking you to practice juju. But denying its existence simply based on the fact that you have not witnessed it is unfortunate.

What would you do if you see someone being shot several times and nothing happens? Believe in juju or explain it away as another flavor of the spiritual laws?

Bravo cheesy ENCORE cheesy

The same Bible also goes to talk about not wrestling against flesh, but principalities and powers and rulers of darkness in high places . . .

A A Whitehouse also acknowledges the existence of a "Supreme God" and even used capital letters as prefixes to buttress his stance, then went on to say the reason the juju house existed was to ward off the evil one whose existence they (the natives) are also aware of. So can we safely conclude too then that A A Whitehouse is also guilty of hallucination as a Christian with their talks of binding the devil, performing miracles, etc, because there is no evil one otherwise known as juju out there and he is also a schizophrenia to boots

My point here is Richyblack cannot come here to use A A Whitehouse as one of the proofs that Juju does not exist because the same spiritual law practised by him as a Christian also goes against the so-called inviolable laws of nature cool

5 Likes

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by Afam(m): 11:51am On Oct 17, 2009
texazzpete:

I'm sorry, but the part in bold does not logically compute. I have made no claims to being bullet proof, why should i then volunteer myself to be shot in turn?
The monetary reward is to encourage anyone willing to take me up on the offer. But then again, haven't we established that Nigerian jazz men are strangely averse to making money?

Enough talk. If you know people who are happy to repel bullets against the JTF et al for free, then they should have no difficulty in partaking in a public demonstration of their abilities for which they'll be well rewarded.
Is N500000 to small? I'll up the ante to 1 million. Desert Eagle shot to the head from 3 feet away. Repel and get paid. Simple.

Thanks. It is clear that you don't even know what you believe in otherwise you would take the bet. Your gun, your choice of where to shoot, your choice of distance - just one condition - fail and be fired upon. Simple as abc.

@topic,

Let the christians here refute the biblical events I earlier highlighted and explain same with physical laws.

Honestly, ignorance is a disease that knows no cure.

2 Likes

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by spoOne: 11:58am On Oct 17, 2009
I don’t believe in Juju but I cherish my heritage and traditional relics, it is what defines us as unique people with rich history. I want all my village shrines to continue to exist alongside our modern society. These traditional relics was what kept our ancestors from decimating each other – ogun, shango, and many others kept people in check.

1 Like

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by bibiking1(m): 4:46pm On Oct 17, 2009
this is some real weird fact!
I know these things exist but i fear the starkness of these realities!
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by redsun(m): 5:07pm On Oct 17, 2009
Believing in juju is no different from believing in islamic doctrines or christian doctrines,all to me are delusional but means the world to the adherents.

I identify with juju because it is african but i don't believe in all the cock and bull stories about it,believing it is just like believing in magic,illusion,all in the mind and eyes.

Though there are potencies in herbs and plants when applied by experts but that is as far as it goes in reality.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by Nobody: 9:46pm On Oct 17, 2009
if juju had any kind of efficacy at all, africa and india would have repelled the oyinbo colonisers

also, were none of the slaves stolen to the west back then juju practitioners? they should have been living large - call down sango on the massa's ass grin

2 Likes

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by RichyBlacK(m): 6:06am On Oct 18, 2009
oyb:

if juju had any kind of efficacy at all, africa and india would have repelled the oyinbo colonisers

also, were none of the slaves stolen to the west back then juju practitioners? they should have been living large - call down sango on the massa's ass grin

@oyb,

Those are very good points.
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by RichyBlacK(m): 6:10am On Oct 18, 2009
texazzpete:

@texazzpete,

Those who have bought into the fraud called juju will never understand the kinetic energy possessed by the bullet from a Desert Eagle.

Juju claims remain the longest running con job in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by RichyBlacK(m): 6:17am On Oct 18, 2009
Kenezi:

Afam please, is you believe in it so much, shoot yourself in the chest with protection under Juju and put the video on youtube. We will judge if it is true or not then.

Afam:

@Afam,

But texazzpete never claimed that he could repel the bullet from a Desert Eagle, but you refused to listen to his explanation and insisted that he be shot at.

However, when Kenezi now suggested you shoot yourself with gun, you're quick to state that you made no claims about the efficacy of juju on yourself. Isn't this a classic example of double-standard?

It is those who make claims that should be willing to subject their claims to the test!

2 Likes

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by Jakumo(m): 6:31am On Oct 18, 2009
Most Nigerians outside of the armed forces and police have absolutely NO idea whatsoever about how firearms work, and a large segment of the population evidently still assumes that it is the SOUND of gunfire which causes the tissue damage, and NOT necessarily the impact of an accurately aimed projectile.

It is therefore a piece of cake to hoodwink a Nigerian audience by deliberately missing the target, or by firing loud blanks at purportedly "fortified" subjects, so as to create the illusion for impressionable minds already desperate to find substance in the mad claims of witchdoctors that REAL projectiles can be "neutralized" with fetish incantations.

Every missed shot at Nigeria's once frequent public executions was therefore deemed by the audience to have been repelled by magic, as opposed to simply missing the mark.  When the firing squad members steady their aim and finally rip the target to shreds, the audience assumes that the Juju was finally "overpowered", possibly due to a flaw in the magic spell.  Closed minds will forever find " evidence" to vindicate their own ingrained misconceptions and irrational  fears.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by RichyBlacK(m): 6:49am On Oct 18, 2009
Afam:

Claims? I have witnessed people being shot at close range (less than a meter) severally without the bullet penetrating. Is this a newspaper publication?

It is sad how people twist information to justify a position.

The bible records that Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead after 3 days. Does this obey or disobey the physical laws you seem to respect 100% of the time?

Jonah was reported to have been swallowed by a fish only to be delivered where God wanted him to go. Is this a violation of the physical laws?

No one is asking you to practice juju. But denying its existence simply based on the fact that you have not witnessed it is unfortunate.

What would you do if you see someone being shot several times and nothing happens? Believe in juju or explain it away as another flavor of the spiritual laws?

@Afam,

Let me address these points:

1. Being a Christian and knowing that ALL juju claims are fraudulent are not mutually exclusive events!

I'm a Christian and I know that ALL juju claims are false. But I'm not alone. In my church (Lutheran), I belong to several youth clubs and we organize several activities within the church and in the wider community - teaching math and science, helping the old folks mow their lawns, painting homes for charity, etc. In our downtime/social gathering, I've brought up this issue of juju and explained in great detail many of the claims made by proponents of juju. I have news for you! Not a single one of them, all Christian, believed ANY of the juju claims that violate physical laws. The ones that made them laugh was when I described the corpse-to-currency juju. Those chaps laughed for days! grin

2. The stories in the Holy Bible were written by men inspired by God and many of them cannot be considered literally.

For example, the story of Adam and Eve. That story in the Genesis cannot be taken literally, just like many stories in the Bible, including the many dreams in the Old Testament and the many parables in the New Testament. Your question may then be, why do I consider myself a Christian if I do not accept the literal interpretation of the Genesis story. My answer is this: I believe in the Genesis story. How about evolution? The theory of evolution remains our best theory on explaining the origin and nature of the species.

A follow-up question is: Don't you find a contradiction in believing in the Genesis creation story and agreeing with the theory of evolution? The answer: No I don't. Why? Let me explain using two sentences:
1. The White House was built by the U.S. government
2. The White House was built by black slaves

Both statements are correct!

1 Like

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by SEFAGO(m): 6:49am On Oct 18, 2009
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/af_nigeria_child_witches

Look at our country representing, grin grin grin. Kai when will we learn
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by RichyBlacK(m): 6:51am On Oct 18, 2009
Jakumo:

[size=14pt]Most Nigerians outside of the armed forces and police have absolutely NO idea whatsoever about how firearms work, and a large segment of the population evidently still assumes that it is the SOUND of gunfire which causes the tissue damage, and NOT necessarily the impact of an accurately aimed projectile.

It is therefore a piece of cake to hoodwink a Nigerian audience by deliberately missing the target, or by firing loud blanks at purportedly "fortified" subjects, so as to create the illusion for impressionable minds already desperate to find substance in the mad claims of witchdoctors that REAL projectiles can be "neutralized" with fetish incantations.

Every missed shot at Nigeria's once frequent public executions was therefore deemed by the audience to have been repelled by magic, as opposed to simply missing the mark.  When the firing squad members steady their aim and finally rip the target to shreds, the audience assumes that the Juju was finally "overpowered", possibly due to a flaw in the magic spell.  Closed minds will forever find " evidence" to vindicate their own ingrained misconceptions and irrational  fears.[/size]

@Jakumo,

This was the same explanation I wanted to give regarding all those false claims about being shot at close range and the bullet being repelled. I like this very much. Thanks! grin

1 Like

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by RichyBlacK(m): 7:00am On Oct 18, 2009
SEFAGO:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/af_nigeria_child_witches

Look at our country representing, grin grin grin. Kai when will we learn

@SEFAGO,

This is just one of the dangerous consequences of having too many people believing in nonsense. These children are beaten, maimed and sometimes killed by misguided Christians out of fear - the fear that the children, as witches, have the powers to violate the inviolable! An impossibility!

Witches are just humans and can do no more than any mortal can do. But in Nigeria, and some other parts of the world, some believe these innocent children, declared witches by foolish pastors, can harm them? This unfounded fear has lead to the death of so many children.

How can any sane human believe these nonsense?

If more people begin to see the fraud in ALL juju claims, then they will be able to see the fraud in the claims of these pastors.

1 Like

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by SEFAGO(m): 7:20am On Oct 18, 2009
I just finished arguing with Beaf and Afam about the troubles caused by spreading superstitions- how it caused violence and death- a few hours later, that was what I saw on yahoo news. Man I am becoming sick and tired of my countrymen. I was once proudly niegrian, but I am beginning to contemplate: What exactly am I proud of?
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by Afam(m): 7:25am On Oct 18, 2009
@RichyBlack,

Nice try avoiding the examples I cited from the bible. Why avoid them if you are honest about what you believe?

Did Jesus raise Lazarus from the dead after 3 days? Yes or no.

Was Jonah swallowed and delivered to a place God wanted him to go to by a fish? Yes or no.

Was water turned into wine? Yes or no.

As regards your explanation that all cases of bullets repelling are cases of missed targets I say well done to you as I am shocked at your conclusion even without any proof.

As regards texazzpete's offer of money you missed the issue completely. If you are sure of anything you should be bold enough to stake your life over that time. Anything else amounts to cowardice, uncertainty and fear.

Your reference to the guy that said I should shoot myself and post the video is another silly reference to a stupid comment by someone because I don't use it and have nor even remotely implied that I use it so addressing the issue would be a complete waste of time.

So, keep avoiding the issue. I will also extend the offer to you since texazzpete is clearly not sure of what he believes. Since physics and maths cover everything in the world just make yourself available and prove to the world that you cannot use charm to repel a bullet.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by Nobody: 7:34am On Oct 18, 2009
Why have people chosen to be ignorant in the name of being educated? I have to say those idiots catching child witches are barbaric baboons. where the hell do they think we are Saudi Barbaria? Voodoo does exist and it is what you do with it. But Imagine if those child witches were really witches, won't they have power to kill all those idiots beating them? All those Ignorant pastors and exorcists driving nails into their heads in the name of chasing demons away? Let's be reasonable people.

@ RichyBlack

Turning water into wine is what? voodoo juju. Either no difference or Jesus didn't exist or Jesus existed but never had any special powers. Believing in the Bible is no difference from those believing voodoo. Isn't it in the Bible that thou shall not suffer a witch to live? That's to tell you even your Bible recognizes the existence of these beings. Now avoid this argument all you want but being a Christian is the same as being a voodoo believer. I find you Christians much more judgmental and being ignorant of your own flaws.

1 Like

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by RichyBlacK(m): 9:28am On Oct 18, 2009
9jaganja:

Why have people chosen to be ignorant in the name of being educated? I have to say those idiots catching child witches are barbaric baboons. where the hell do they think we are Saudi Barbaria? Voodoo does exist and it is what you do with it. But Imagine if those child witches were really witches, won't they have power to kill all those idiots beating them? All those Ignorant pastors and exorcists driving nails into their heads in the name of chasing demons away? Let's be reasonable people.

Confusion! So you believe that witches exist, and then turn around to condemn those killing "child-witches". How do you know they are not real witches? Did you consider the possibility that the lunatics killing their children are only able to do it because the strength of the child-witches has not grown strong enough to defend themselves from hordes of brainwashed savages?

Without any doubt, based on your own statements, you and those savages killing so-called child-witches belong to a dangerous set of people - those that believe witches that can do what mortals cannot do actually exist.

@ RichyBlack

Turning water into wine is what? voodoo juju. Either no difference or Jesus didn't exist or Jesus existed but never had any special powers. Believing in the Bible is no difference from those believing voodoo. Isn't it in the Bible that thou shall not suffer a witch to live? That's to tell you even your Bible recognizes the existence of these beings. Now avoid this argument all you want but being a Christian is the same as being a voodoo believer. I find you Christians much more judgmental and being ignorant of your own flaws.

According to Christian beliefs, Jesus Christ (the Messiah, the Author and Finisher of our faith, the Son of God, Emmanuel) was no ordinary mortal and performed miracles by the Grace of God. These miracles were documented in the scriptures. This is according to the Christian faith, and I'm a Christian, and I believe in Christ, the Savior of mankind.

You'll be seriously mistaken if you think that my arguments against the colossal fraud of juju claims is driven by some atheistic inclinations. I believe in God. However, I'm also a scientist and I do not see any incompatibility with science and my Christian faith. True, the church has in the past attacked scientists and killed some of them. But, even the church (please don't be confused here; I'm assuming you have basic historical knowledge of what I'm writing about) has realized her mistake and apologized for some of those errors.

Transportation
Today, there is a reason why you don't find Christians challenging the laws of nature, unlike adherents to primitive belief systems. Christians and their pastors like Adeboye are in no delusion that they can cover the distance between Lagos and Houston by praying and fasting; no such claims can and ever will be made! They use commercial aviation, and the wealthy ones (that's another topic) have private jets to fly them around.

Instantaneous Reach
Christians and their pastors do not believe they can reach millions of people by chanting some incantations and appearing on white clothes (soaked for seven days in the urine of a virgin gorilla grin) spread out on mud walls in the mud houses and huts of the believers. Nope. They rely on the natural laws, especially those related to electromagnetic waves - Kirchhoff's circuit laws, Ohm's law, Maxwell's Equations, etc. - for the transmission and dissemination of their messages to millions of television stations, radio sets, cars, airplanes, computers and cellphones around the world.

High-velocity Projectiles
Christians and their pastors are under no illusion that an assassins bullet will be repelled by some magical force. Nope. On the 13th of May 1981, when the Holy Father, Pope John Paul II was shot by Mehmet Ali Ağca ("a trained expert Turkish gunman"wink, though the bullet was accelerating towards the Vicar of Christ, the laws of motion and those of thermodynamics were not violated; though the projectile may have had some hesitation about striking His Holiness, it just had to obey the inviolable laws of nature! Papa was struck!

Christians and their pastors can be seen with heavily armed escorts and bullet-proof cars. It's not that they don't believe in the power of God, it's just that the laws of the universe, laid down by Baba God Himself, do not respect any mortal - witches o, babalwao o, dibia o, shaman o; those laws MUST be obeyed.

Health Care
Though we still have some minority Christian groups that believe all illnesses can be cured by prayers, the size of that group is approaching zero. Most Christians will go to the hospital when seriously ill. It's not because they don't believe in prayers or "the healing power of the word of God" as one of my favorite pastors likes putting it, it's just that they are aware of the physiology of the human body and that we now understand, more than ever before, how the body works and that some pathologies can only be corrected or stabilized by the use of special drugs or special procedures.

However, the proponents of juju and all the fraudulent claims associated with it, will dismiss all these because they believe juju can do and undo anything.
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by Beaf: 10:54am On Oct 18, 2009
SEFAGO:

I just finished arguing with Beaf and Afam about the troubles caused by spreading superstitions- how it caused violence and death- a few hours later, that was what I saw on yahoo news. Man I am becoming sick and tired of my countrymen. I was once proudly niegrian, but I am beginning to contemplate: What exactly am I proud of?

You actually mean, talking to yourself. Dishonesty is your fort.
You need to try harder to get me further involved in this stupid thread.

1 Like

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by Afam(m): 1:48pm On Oct 18, 2009
SEFAGO:

Arguing with Afam? Which Afam? If you call what you do argument then there is a big problem.

2 Likes

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by MrCrackles(m): 2:04pm On Oct 18, 2009
I feel juju is all a fraud!
No juju fashioned against me shall prosper! grin
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by Nobody: 6:18pm On Oct 18, 2009
RichyBlacK:

Confusion! So you believe that witches exist, and then turn around to condemn those killing "child-witches". How do you know they are not real witches? Did you consider the possibility that the lunatics killing their children are only able to do it because the strength of the child-witches has not grown strong enough to defend themselves from hordes of brainwashed savages?

Now I see the ignorance in you boy!!!!!!. So because the kids are assumed witches, they should be killed? You dodged that part that states in your Bible that thou shall not suffer a witch to live. right? I hate discussing issues with folks who dodge the your opponent's points and go ahead to say trash about his basis.

RichyBlacK:

Without any doubt, based on your own statements, you and those savages killing so-called child-witches belong to a dangerous set of people - those that believe witches that can do what mortals cannot do actually exist.

According to Christian beliefs, Jesus Christ (the Messiah, the Author and Finisher of our faith, the Son of God, Emmanuel) was no ordinary mortal and performed miracles by the Grace of God. These miracles were documented in the scriptures. This is according to the Christian faith, and I'm a Christian, and I believe in Christ, the Savior of mankind.

You'll be seriously mistaken if you think that my arguments against the colossal fraud of juju claims is driven by some atheistic inclinations. I believe in God. However, I'm also a scientist and I do not see any incompatibility with science and my Christian faith. True, the church has in the past attacked scientists and killed some of them. But, even the church (please don't be confused here; I'm assuming you have basic historical knowledge of what I'm writing about) has realized her mistake and apologized for some of those errors.

Transportation
Today, there is a reason why you don't find Christians challenging the laws of nature, unlike adherents to primitive belief systems. Christians and their pastors like Adeboye are in no delusion that they can cover the distance between Lagos and Houston by praying and fasting; no such claims can and ever will be made! They use commercial aviation, and the wealthy ones (that's another topic) have private jets to fly them around.

Instantaneous Reach
Christians and their pastors do not believe they can reach millions of people by chanting some incantations and appearing on white clothes (soaked for seven days in the urine of a virgin gorilla grin) spread out on mud walls in the mud houses and huts of the believers. Nope. They rely on the natural laws, especially those related to electromagnetic waves - Kirchhoff's circuit laws, Ohm's law, Maxwell's Equations, etc. - for the transmission and dissemination of their messages to millions of television stations, radio sets, cars, airplanes, computers and cellphones around the world.

High-velocity Projectiles
Christians and their pastors are under no illusion that an assassins bullet will be repelled by some magical force. Nope. On the 13th of May 1981, when the Holy Father, Pope John Paul II was shot by Mehmet Ali Ağca ("a trained expert Turkish gunman"wink, though the bullet was accelerating towards the Vicar of Christ, the laws of motion and those of thermodynamics were not violated; though the projectile may have had some hesitation about striking His Holiness, it just had to obey the inviolable laws of nature! Papa was struck!

Christians and their pastors can be seen with heavily armed escorts and bullet-proof cars. It's not that they don't believe in the power of God, it's just that the laws of the universe, laid down by Baba God Himself, do not respect any mortal - witches o, babalwao o, dibia o, shaman o; those laws MUST be obeyed.

Health Care
Though we still have some minority Christian groups that believe all illnesses can be cured by prayers, the size of that group is approaching zero. Most Christians will go to the hospital hen seriously ill. It's not because they don't believe in prayers or "the healing power of the word of God" as one of my favorite pastors likes putting it, it's just that they are aware of the physiology of the human body and that we now understand, more than ever before, how the body works and that some pathologies can only be corrected or stabilized by the use of special drugs or special procedures.

However, the proponents of juju and all the fraudulent claims associated with it, will dismiss all these because they believe juju can do and undo anything.

You have resort to insults again? Now let clear this up for you.

You are quoting the laws of the universe and physics yet you say your "Jesus" was given power by "god". Does that law of physics allow water to be turn into wine? Does that law of physics Allow a dead man to be resurrected? Does that law of physics allow two loafs of bread a two fish to feed hundreds of people?, Does that law of the universe allow a chopped off ear to be placed back to the head without any surgical mean? I mean common you are highly inconsistent here. You turn around and say the power of the child witches are not as strong as those of the exorcists well guess what? The power of Jesus wasn't as strong as that of the Roman army.

You quote the Bible but even the Bible recognizes these supernatural powers. How do you make it work? First you deny juju then you turn around and say jesus got those powers from "god" that alone proves juju exists.

You say it was written in the scriptures? What da hell? That's no proof at all. If I ask 50cent why are you the best rapper in the world and then he replies to me saying because I said it in my album. Does the fact that 50cent said he's the best rapper makes him the best rapper? Think right partner and think well. You can't go ahead and deny juju then turn around and say jesus got his own powers from "god" that is enough reason to prove juju exists. What was jesus doing in an Egyptian temple where he was dealing with high magic and crowned a master? Even jesus was dealing with high magic. The so called Bible you guys read was written by men who had racist, sexist, and bigotry in their heads. Bring your best pastor forward for a debate on juju denial and see if he'll win.

5 Likes

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by SEFAGO(m): 8:06pm On Oct 18, 2009
The so called Bible you guys read was written by men who had racist, sexist, and bigotry in their heads.

That is 100% true, lol. The sad thing is most people dont consider or think about it. The Old testament is a historical book, while the new testament is a figment of some people's minds. If I say that now, most people will say, I think I ma oyibo, but lol who brought christianity? You cannot be a christian and also say the supernatural doesn't exist- its a contradiction. I have to agree on this one.

"Please stop the pastors who hurt us," said Jerry quietly, touching the scars on his face. "I believe in God and God knows I am not a witch."

This is from, the yahoo article, poor kid who isn't a witch, and has been hoodwinked into even believing in the christian God- now being killed by religious fanatics. THat is the problem with ignorance, it causes so much harm in this world undecided (Anyone who has significant knowledge of the bloody past of christianity- would be ashamed to be a christian (from the witch hunts, imperialism to contributing to the holocaust)

We African should be aware that the only casuality in our destiny is ourselves not some imaginary concepts

1 Like

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by SEFAGO(m): 8:11pm On Oct 18, 2009
he bible records that Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead after 3 days. Does this obey or disobey the physical laws you seem to respect 100% of the time?

Learn the history of the bible you are using as your argument, b4 you sue it. The assumption you are making is that these stories are true.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Happy Easter 2015 Wishes, Messages, Quotes / Cross Cultural Marriage:interesting Tweets From White Lady Married To A Nigerian / 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.