Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,806 members, 7,798,718 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:11 AM

Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price (63557 Views)

Airtel NG Officially Rolls Out Its 4G LTE Network In Ibadan And Some States / List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics / Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by dxdiag(m): 4:41pm On Oct 04, 2016
Glo, saving lives since 29th August 2003
I see lots of reasons for not disposing my blackberry passport now; so i can flex 4g network already

1 Like

Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by lozanni(m): 4:41pm On Oct 04, 2016
Text 4G to 131 for MTN users to upgrade to 4G.
I did and was sent this message:

Yello! Your SIM is 4G ready but you need to upgrade your device to enjoy MTN 4G LTE. Please visit the nearest MTN store or partner retailer to upgrade now.

For more information of MTN 4G LTE, including 4G coverage location; please visit www.mtnonline.com/4g or walk-in to any of our service centers nationwide.
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by rapcy(m): 4:47pm On Oct 04, 2016
pat077:
I don't believe the price, it can't b d same with 3g data.
why won't it be thesame? The difference is just the speed. So why should we have different data rates

2 Likes

Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by MrWhaley: 4:49pm On Oct 04, 2016
Plasmbob1:
It is only with Glo you try to download indecency and you'll have accepted Jesus before the download is completed. grin
You are telling us what you do,shey?? We understand. grin

1 Like

Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by larry2chat(f): 4:50pm On Oct 04, 2016
Ooooboi it's true ooooo, I have switched and it's dame cool.

1 Like

Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by henribj(m): 4:53pm On Oct 04, 2016
make una no go sell una 3G phones because 4G don dey town o.
we have being surviving with the 3G network, we can survive without 4G.
besides any smartphone produced from the year 2010 should have 4G capability. 4G is also known as LTE.
If you want to know if your phone has 4G(LTE) capability, go to www.gsmarena.com , search for your phone make, view the network result(it should show(depending on your phone o): GSM/HSPA/LTE), once you see the LTE just know that you are good to go.
basically i think we should not allow ourselves be freaked by this GLO 4G thingy, if your mobile device is not fast enough for you to do downloads and live streaming it is not your phone problem, it is a problem of the network provider and we should take it up with them.
we should not allow these network providers turn us into money making machine for phone manufacturers especially in this recession period in naija. some people will start looking for money to buy 4G forgetting that their 3G was working just fine.
#justsaying

3 Likes

Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by Nobody: 4:55pm On Oct 04, 2016
Stelvin101:
Seriously what do all these telecommunication companies take Nigerians for? 4G Lite 4 years old kids overseas they use play FarmVille and Bounce online in their homes, free wifi 4G Lite service all over schools, coffee shops, hospitals and even library for abroad Na them wan still sell to us as Bundle Plan when it's their right to provide it as an ordinary network. This country is a total waste
Pls go back to your country and reconfirm

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by Yarduni: 4:56pm On Oct 04, 2016
Glo is really impressive in speed in much of abuja
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by BodyKiss(m): 4:57pm On Oct 04, 2016
JesusmyGod1:
continue hating on glo, why millions out there are thankful

Knucklehead

Where is the hating? I don't see what's wrong in what he/she said. Glo has the most useless internet connection in this country.

1 Like

Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by Yarduni: 4:58pm On Oct 04, 2016
henribj:
besides any smartphone produced from the year 2010 should have 4G capability. 4G is also known as LTE.
If you want to know if your phone has 4G(LTE) capability, go to www.gsmarena.com , search for your phone make, view the network result(it should show(depending on your phone o): GSM/HSPA/LTE), once you see the LTE just know that you are good to go.
basically i think we should not allow ourselves be freaked by this GLO 4G thingy, if your mobile device is not fast enough for you to do downloads and live streaming it is not your phone problem, it is a problem of the network provider and we should take it up with them.
we should not allow these network providers turn us into money making machine for phone manufacturers especially in this recession period in naija. some people will start looking for money to buy 4G forgetting that their 3G was working just fine.
#justsaying

Its your choice. you are not compelled by anybody to dump your 3g phone for 4g ones.
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by eraly(m): 5:01pm On Oct 04, 2016
henribj:
#justsaying

but u dnt tell them to check if dia phone support d BAND of the network 4G LTE. very important pls.

nice point shared though
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by cosby02(m): 5:02pm On Oct 04, 2016
dustmalik:

Your phone doesn't have 4G support.
How abt samsung s5?
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by Nobody: 5:03pm On Oct 04, 2016
eraly:

which phone(model) are u using? lets help u run a check
how does one know a 4g enabled phone before buying it?I intend to buy a phone soon but will like to know how to know but viewing the specs online
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by dustmalik: 5:04pm On Oct 04, 2016
cosby02:

How abt samsung s5?
G900H doesn't. All other s5 variants do.
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by amoeba202: 5:07pm On Oct 04, 2016
Glo should do something about their network first before expanding. You can't imagine glo slow 3g network in Central Lagos. Mtcheeeeeeew

2 Likes

Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by eraly(m): 5:08pm On Oct 04, 2016
BIGGMAMA:

Samsung galaxy J7

there are 2 types of SJ7 and both support 4G LTE. ur concern shuld nw be if the bands they support can work with GLO, MTN and NTEL LTE. Though they shuld work with ur phone but try crosscheck.

but mind u, I av seen a chinko samsung J7 b4 o. hmmmm...... so so fake

1 Like

Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by Laredojohn(m): 5:15pm On Oct 04, 2016
The 4G plan is nice...thats what I rock and use my glo line as Hotspot to my other device...faster, less network issues...Glo rocks

2 Likes

Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by eraly(m): 5:15pm On Oct 04, 2016
2dugged:
how does one know a 4g enabled phone before buying it?I intend to buy a phone soon but will like to know how to know but viewing the specs online

best way to know is to google/search for the phone online and be sure it supports d band on d network u wanna use it for. or better still, look for a techy person around to guide u. u can aswell PM/whatsapp me(08036476055) if u need help in choosing a 4G enabled phone. pls am not selling phone o.
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by eraly(m): 5:16pm On Oct 04, 2016
Laredojohn:
The 4G plan is nice...thats what I rock and use my glo line as Hotspot to my other device...faster, less network issues...Glo rocks

please giv us screenshots and speed test result
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by Nobody: 5:17pm On Oct 04, 2016
eraly:

best way to know is to google/search for the phone online and be sure it supports d band on d network u wanna use it for. or better still, look for a techy person around to guide u. u can aswell PM/whatsapp me(08036476055) if u need help in choosing a 4G enabled phone. pls am not selling phone o.
ok, thanks
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by henribj(m): 5:21pm On Oct 04, 2016
Yarduni:

Its your choice. you are not compelled by anybody to dump your 3g phone for 4g ones.

yes it is my choice because i know and choose to recognize that i have a choice. but do not forget that there are other nigerians out there who do not know they have a choice, who have failed to recognize the choice they have and rather they follow any trend that comes into town. those are the people am concerned about.

1 Like

Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by Nobody: 5:21pm On Oct 04, 2016
IjogzK:
Pls go back to your country and reconfirm

I am not going anywhere grin

1 Like

Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by dustmalik: 5:24pm On Oct 04, 2016
2dugged:
I would recommend you check the specs for the specific variant of the phone you want on phonemore.com. Phone makers, especially the big ones, like Samsung, Sony, LG make variants of the same phone. They look the same, but have different internals. For instance, galaxy s5 has up to five variants. These variants usually support different LTE bands across themselves. So, you need to make sure that the variant you are buying has support for the LTE band of your service provider. But typically, makers like Tecno, Infinix usually have a single variant, and those variant support LTE band 1, 3, 7, and 20. They are most popular bands in Asia, Middle East and Africa.

Ntel uses band 3 (1800mhz) and band 8 (900mhz), Spectranet and Swift both use band 40 (2300mhz), MTN uses band 7 (2600mhz), and Smile uses band 20 (800mhz). We don't know what band/frequency Glo is using yet, since they didn't disclose it at the LTE launch event.

In other words, LTE bands are scattered across devices and networks.

2 Likes

Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by henribj(m): 5:24pm On Oct 04, 2016
eraly:

but u dnt tell them to check if dia phone support d BAND of the network 4G LTE. very important pls.

nice point shared though

you are right on that. but i do assume considering the fact there are so many LTE bands, if someone is using an authentic LTE supported phone then that phone should support atleast one of the network band frequency your network provider is operating on.
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by higherpower: 5:28pm On Oct 04, 2016
Glo is the worst data network n a total waste of money. Awolf de posh shaaa
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by Laredojohn(m): 5:30pm On Oct 04, 2016
eraly:

please giv us screenshots and speed test result
I dnt have the app installed
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by richidinho(m): 5:30pm On Oct 04, 2016
JesusmyGod1:
but do u know u can use 4g on 3g enabled phone

In the world of tech nothing it's impossible, I did mine so if u need more info hola me

Bros how u do am?
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by ddjay: 5:30pm On Oct 04, 2016
HQuadreal:
*777#
now i understand the glo formula, their 2g (edge) is 1g (gprs), their 3g is edge then now their 4g will be 3g.no wahala,since it will be a bit faster,i hail them

1 Like

Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by bolargeez(m): 5:30pm On Oct 04, 2016
Rocking glo 4g already

2 Likes

Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by Yarduni: 5:33pm On Oct 04, 2016
henribj:

yes it is my choice because i know and choose to recognize that i have a choice. but do not forget that there are other nigerians out there who do not know they have a choice, who have failed to recognize the choice they have and rather they follow any trend that comes into town. those are the people am concerned about.

Do you have stats to show it or you are just making it up?
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by eraly(m): 5:33pm On Oct 04, 2016
Laredojohn:

I dnt have the app installed

pls try install it and giv us feedback. plssss.... sad cry
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by Sike(m): 5:35pm On Oct 04, 2016
My gionee m3mini must be working now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Blazing!!! Get 9mobile 1GB For N200 Valid For 3days: Everybody is Eligible / Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion / Man Earns N180,000 From Phone Charging Monthly In Lafia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.