Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:26 AM

Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price - Phones (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price (63585 Views)

Airtel NG Officially Rolls Out Its 4G LTE Network In Ibadan And Some States / List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics / Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by HQuadreal: 7:18am On Nov 07, 2016
Youngpo413:
Sony Xperia M4 aqua.
Nice.
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by HQuadreal: 7:18am On Nov 07, 2016
Youngpo413:
Sony Xperia M4 aqua.
Nice.
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by Adegokeola: 12:53pm On Nov 17, 2016
Has anyone tested Glo 4G LTE in surulere?
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by ifende(m): 12:59pm On Nov 17, 2016
Glo has reduced the the price of their LTE mifi to 10k with 24GB of data
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by Akamo5(m): 1:34pm On Nov 17, 2016
ifende:
that is a nice development
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by dustmalik: 2:24pm On Nov 17, 2016
ifende:
That is some good news right there. eraly, it's your queue. I know how long you have been waiting for something like this.
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by dustmalik: 4:42pm On Nov 17, 2016
ifende:
Someone just asked @glocare on Twitter, and they replied him that it's 25k. Where did you get your news from? Even their website still say it's 25k.
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by Akamo5(m): 4:54pm On Nov 17, 2016
dustmalik:

Someone just asked @glocare on Twitter, and they replied him that it's 25k. Where did you get your news from? Even their website still say it's 25k.
na the 25k me sef see for their website.
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by iliyande(m): 4:56pm On Nov 17, 2016
dustmalik:

I asked them

See their reply

Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by duwdu: 5:10pm On Nov 17, 2016
ifende:

Thanks for this welcome heads up. With this, I may not have to wait to acquire a 606 specifically; just hoping GLO's 4G signal does not turn out underwhelming in my crib, even with the famed, one in class penetration power of band 28! Well, we shall see.

P34c3
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by duwdu: 5:21pm On Nov 17, 2016
iliyande:

I asked them

See their reply

Sorry, I don't understand. Please explain how your screenshot shows it's now 10k and/with 24 GB of data? Or did you do a trade-in with an older MiFi? TIA.

P34c3
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by iliyande(m): 5:36pm On Nov 17, 2016
duwdu:

Sorry, I don't understand. Please explain how your screenshot shows it's now 10k and/with 24 GB of data? Or did you do a trade-in with an older MiFi? TIA.

P34c3

According to them, the price still remains as it was, nothing like price reduction.
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by Youngpo413: 8:06pm On Nov 17, 2016
Wow.
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by ifende(m): 3:01pm On Nov 18, 2016
I bought one from gloworld Abuja
dustmalik:

Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by dustmalik: 3:41pm On Nov 18, 2016
ifende:
I bought one from gloworld Abuja
I see. I'll pass by the one at Aminu Kano crescent, Wuse 2. That's the office, right?
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by ifende(m): 5:54pm On Nov 18, 2016
Yes

dustmalik:

I see. I'll pass by the one at Aminu Kano crescent, Wuse 2. That's the office, right?
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by duwdu: 10:43pm On Nov 18, 2016
iliyande:

According to them, the price still remains as it was, nothing like price reduction.

Ah, OK, didn't notice that @ifende, who posted the original heads up, was not the poster of your screenshot, so I'm good.

In the meantime, waiting on @dustmalik's follow up on @ifende's "catch."

P34c3
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by dustmalik: 4:28am On Nov 19, 2016
duwdu:

Ah, OK, didn't notice that @ifende, who posted the original heads up, was not the poster of your screenshot, so I'm good.

In the meantime, waiting on @dustmalik's follow up on @ifende's "catch."

P34c3
Unfortunately, I got really busy that I was unable to follow up on it.
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by Johnpaul2k2(m): 6:41am On Nov 19, 2016
When are they coming to Onitsha
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by WCUB3(m): 2:12pm On Nov 19, 2016
Hey guys what ifende said is true. I saw his post and visited Gloworld Aminu Kano early this morning @9am but they had not opened. The guys outside tried to waylay me and I eventually asked 1 who told me it's 15k (24gb data inclusive). Decided to go back this afternoon and you guys know the best part.......................................

Wait for it..............................................................................

The mifi was sold for just 5k. Five taaaaasand naira lasan then you have the option of buying any data plan you are capable of on it be it 1k, 2k, 2k5 etc. So In total you can buy the whole thing for as low as 6k
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by dustmalik: 5:41pm On Nov 19, 2016
eraly, here you go.
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by duwdu: 6:01pm On Nov 19, 2016
WCUB3:
Hey guys what ifende said is true. I saw his post and visited Gloworld Aminu Kano early this morning @9am but they had not opened. The guys outside tried to waylay me and I eventually asked 1 who told me it's 15k (24gb data inclusive). Decided to go back this afternoon and you guys know the best part.......................................

Wait for it..............................................................................

The mifi was sold for just 5k. Five taaaaasand naira lasan then you have the option of buying any data plan you are capable of on it be it 1k, 2k, 2k5 etc. So In total you can buy the whole thing for as low as 6k

See pic of my mifi and receipt attached for proof

Whoa, thanks for posting this decisive update!

[@dustmalik, your intentions are appreciated anyways.]

P34c3
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by dustmalik: 6:05pm On Nov 19, 2016
duwdu:

Whoa, thanks for posting this decisive update!

[@dustmalik, your intentions are appreciated anyways.]

P34c3
This is indeed a good price. Going to get one on Monday.
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by Akamo5(m): 2:03am On Nov 20, 2016
WCUB3:

thanks for the confirmation
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by Bossman(m): 3:25am On Nov 20, 2016
My guess is that they had to reduce the price of their mifi in order to boost the usage of their LTE network. They must have done some analysis, and determined that there was rarely any usage of their LTE network. They deployed their LTE on one hell of a rarely used LTE band! Majority of the phones out there (with the exception of some high-end ones) do NOT support that band. Just based on the number and type of devices being used in Nigeria, my guess is that at least 95% of them would not support the GLO LTE band. There is a good chance that GLO will add one of the more common LTE bands - 3(1800), 8(900), 20(800), and 7(2600) as soon as they can.
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by ifende(m): 10:37am On Nov 20, 2016
Thanks for the confirmation.
Now i can relax and enjoy my LTE!

WCUB3:

Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by ifende(m): 10:38am On Nov 20, 2016
They wanted to match MTN Prices and boost their LTE USAGE knowing that band 28 devices are not common.

Bossman:
My guess is that they had to reduce the price of their mifi in order to boost the usage of their LTE network. They must have done some analysis, and determined that there was rarely any usage of their LTE network. They deployed their LTE on one hell of a rarely used LTE band! Majority of the phones out there (with the exception of some high-end ones) do NOT support that band. Just based on the number and type of devices being used in Nigeria, my guess is that at least 95% of them would not support the GLO LTE band. There is a good chance that GLO will add one of the more common LTE bands - 3(1800), 8(900), 20(800), and 7(2600) as soon as they can.
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by Nobody: 8:38am On Nov 21, 2016
Pls cn someone else confirm the price went to there office and dey told me d 4gmifi is sold at 10k
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by ifende(m): 10:35am On Nov 21, 2016
Mifi alone is 5k
Mifi with 24gb of data is 10k
tobbiiqq:
Pls cn someone else confirm the price went to there office and dey told me d 4gmifi is sold at 10k
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by sammieomoba: 7:09pm On Nov 21, 2016
That's cheap o
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by ifende(m): 5:39pm On Nov 22, 2016
You better go and get one before it is out of stock

sammieomoba:
That's cheap o
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by amadika(m): 8:41pm On Nov 24, 2016
So I decided to try glo 4g mifi today notwithstanding that glo 3g service only flashes once a while in my office. Headed to their office and after much argument bc they wanted me to buy a subscription of 5k. Finally we agreed on 3k subscription in addition to 5k to buy the mifi. Was very surprised to see very stable 3bars 4g network in my office and very fast. Glo is wow.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Blazing!!! Get 9mobile 1GB For N200 Valid For 3days: Everybody is Eligible / Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion / Man Earns N180,000 From Phone Charging Monthly In Lafia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.