Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,759 members, 7,798,540 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:13 AM

When You Build Websites For N12,000 - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / When You Build Websites For N12,000 (1319 Views)

7 Tips To Help You Build A Successful And Trending Website / Learn How To Build Websites And Make Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When You Build Websites For N12,000 by databoy247(m): 6:02pm On Oct 04, 2016
I was browsing the internet and came across a website offering web design services. The site was so not professional (a boring template) and what got my attention was the fact that they offered to build a website for just N12,000. undecided

If you are a web developer and you accept such ridiculous fees for building a website, then just go ahead and look for a new kind of hustle. Because you have just lost it. Wonder why you don't get jobs? Or you work and clients refuse to pay? Let me give you some reasons why you are doing yourself more harm than good.

1. Cheap websites attracts cheap clients who won't know the value of what you are doing and hence may not see a reason to pay you after you have finished working. When you start charging from N100k above, you'll be amazed at the kind of clients that will start coming your way.

2. You cannot stand before your peers. Recently I attended an international webinar for web developers and the facilitator asked how much we charge for website development. A lot of folks said $2000, some said $3000. We are talking about N500k and above. I couldn't speak because what I charge is between N100k - N200k. Not even up to half or what other people charge. How can you charge N12,000 for a website?? That's roughly $26!! Not even enough for a proper hosting. Trust me, if you meet an enlightened client, you'll regret charging that amount. Because only one conclusion will be made; you don't know jack about web development.

What you are doing is like a carpenter charging N100k to roof a house. How on earth will you get clients?

Stop making the mistake of thinking the lower your prices are, the better your chances of getting more clients. Wrong!

In case you don't know, you are not spoiling business for the rest of us who know what we are doing. You are just limiting yourself. The truth is that the high paying clients will NOT patronize you for offering a cheap service.

So if you want to start making it in this business, if you want to land clients that will not disappoint you after you have labored yourself, try to re-strategize on your billing system. Know the right way to bill your client. Don't be afraid to bill N100k and above. You'll be surprised they'll just say; "Alright, when can you start?"

Good luck.
Re: When You Build Websites For N12,000 by mokoshalb(m): 6:29pm On Oct 04, 2016
cool OP I have reserved a chilled California Cabernet for you... wink

2 Likes

Re: When You Build Websites For N12,000 by KvnqPrezo(m): 6:29pm On Oct 04, 2016
Thanks I recently got a web design Job I was scared to mention N20,000
For blogger and wordpress design please holla me...
It's free....am doing bonanza

1 Like

Re: When You Build Websites For N12,000 by KvnqPrezo(m): 6:31pm On Oct 04, 2016
mokoshalb:
cool OP I have reserved a chilled California Cabernet for you... wink
Lolz boss,
I wanna confirm something please...
Are you usinq blogger
And sevida template??
Re: When You Build Websites For N12,000 by mokoshalb(m): 6:33pm On Oct 04, 2016
KvnqPrezo:

Lolz boss,
I wanna confirm something please...
Are you usinq blogger
And sevida template??
should I give you a straight answer..? NO! I can only help you learn more, try discovering it urself... giving you 6 hours...
Re: When You Build Websites For N12,000 by KvnqPrezo(m): 6:35pm On Oct 04, 2016
mokoshalb:
should I give you a straight answer..? NO! I can only help you learn more, try discovering it urself... giving you 6 hours...
No need to discover anything...
But I think you're usinq stylish widget on a blogger platform...
Definitely you're using blogger hahahahaha
Right??(answer me now and i need your help on seo)..
Re: When You Build Websites For N12,000 by Agriman(m): 7:04pm On Oct 04, 2016
Op is right ! The type of website that the client need will determine the pricing. As for me, website that requires enough programming starts from 30k above. Whereas I can still consider blog setup with beautiful design as low as 18k if hosting will be included and blogger setup with design as low as 10k
For deal cintact me— 08130767357
Re: When You Build Websites For N12,000 by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 10:15pm On Oct 05, 2016
but op?
how do u get client so u can sell already created script
Re: When You Build Websites For N12,000 by Nobody: 1:45am On Oct 06, 2016
Who will pay you 200,000 in this recession period.... Op I will rather pay Indians that money than throw away that money in the name of creating a site.
Most of Nigerian so called web designer are nothing, all they know is just to install script they got or just to do a few customization using plugins.
The last time I ask someone here to make me a school educative tutorial blog, I even gave him a site for reference purposes... The self guru just installed a WordPress, install few plugins and handed over the site to me.... Well I paid him, ever since then I do my thing my self
Re: When You Build Websites For N12,000 by FincoApps(m): 5:56am On Oct 06, 2016
Appland:
Who will pay you 200,000 in this recession period.... Op I will rather pay Indians that money than throw away that money in the name of creating a site.
Most of Nigerian so called web designer are nothing, all they know is just to install script they got or just to do a few customization using plugins.
The last time I ask someone here to make me a school educative tutorial blog, I even gave him a site for reference purposes... The self guru just installed a WordPress, install few plugins and handed over the site to me.... Well I paid him, ever since then I do my thing my self

*smh*, what else did you expect when you use the word "blog" ?

What is WordPress for ?

FYI, except you need something very custom, it's advisable to use a CMS for that kind of thing.... There are a lot of reasons but the main reason to me is
The security and
The content management

Do it from scratch and they'll hack you left right and center. I only create such things from scratch if what I'm being paid is worth it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When You Build Websites For N12,000 by databoy247(m): 7:05am On Oct 06, 2016
Appland:

Well, not everyone who calls himself a developer is actually one. A lot of them will do anything to get money out of you.

No crime setting up a website using wordpress. In fact if you pay for a website, you'll get a website. How it was made shouldn't be a problem.

But using Wordpress, you still have a lot of work to do. Whats your objective of setting up a website? A website should be seen as a business you are setting up with objectives and targets. Your developer should be able prepare your website to help you achieve that objective.

Many of them dont know what lead capturing system is, or SEO, or back end security (yeah, even for Wordpress), or customer support system, or sales funnel, or premade sales copy for email marketing, or client training, ads programs, etc. These and many more makes up a website. And these, my friend, are what you are paying N200k for.

According to the target, for example, your website should be able to give you 26 new leads in the next 4 weeks, or it should be able to help make 31 sales in two months, or give you 100 subscribers in 3 months. All these will be in mind when discussing with a developer. If you have no idea about them, the developer should bring them to your attention, give you a plan, and then cost you.

So you see, i can charge you N1m and give you a good reason why you'll pay that sum.

Even in this recession, the job i just completed, the client paid N100k. The client came to me in Warri all the way from Lagos and we discussed for hours, planning strategies to help him achieve his objectives. My next job which will kick off next week, we agreed for N150k.

So, bro a cheap developer will always give you crap. No two ways bout it.
Re: When You Build Websites For N12,000 by toheebDOTcom(m): 10:28am On Oct 06, 2016
Another Reasonable Thread (A.R.T)

Nicely said. It happens not just here only. I'm also surprised when I see some gigs on some freelancing sites.
Re: When You Build Websites For N12,000 by oteneaaron(m): 12:16pm On Oct 06, 2016
databoy247:
I was browsing the internet and came across a website offering web design services. The site was so not professional (a boring template) and what got my attention was the fact that they offered to build a website for just N12,000. undecided

If you are a web developer and you accept such ridiculous fees for building a website, then just go ahead and look for a new kind of hustle. Because you have just lost it. Wonder why you don't get jobs? Or you work and clients refuse to pay? Let me give you some reasons why you are doing yourself more harm than good.

1. Cheap websites attracts cheap clients who won't know the value of what you are doing and hence may not see a reason to pay you after you have finished working. When you start charging from N100k above, you'll be amazed at the kind of clients that will start coming your way.

2. You cannot stand before your peers. Recently I attended an international webinar for web developers and the facilitator asked how much we charge for website development. A lot of folks said $2000, some said $3000. We are talking about N500k and above. I couldn't speak because what I charge is between N100k - N200k. Not even up to half or what other people charge. How can you charge N12,000 for a website?? That's roughly $26!! Not even enough for a proper hosting. Trust me, if you meet an enlightened client, you'll regret charging that amount. Because only one conclusion will be made; you don't know jack about web development.

What you are doing is like a carpenter charging N100k to roof a house. How on earth will you get clients?

Stop making the mistake of thinking the lower your prices are, the better your chances of getting more clients. Wrong!

In case you don't know, you are not spoiling business for the rest of us who know what we are doing. You are just limiting yourself. The truth is that the high paying clients will NOT patronize you for offering a cheap service.

So if you want to start making it in this business, if you want to land clients that will not disappoint you after you have labored yourself, try to re-strategize on your billing system. Know the right way to bill your client. Don't be afraid to bill N100k and above. You'll be surprised they'll just say; "Alright, when can you start?"

Good luck.

You are right.....but sometimes, these guys see this as a marketing Strategy.....but in most cases it's more of a rip off.

I like your blog......

Sourcegig.com , a Nigerian Freelance platform is running a Promo-- You can hire over 300 Freelance Writers to write your articles for you for Just 500 naira for this month.....you can check more info here- https://www.sourcegig.com/offer-sourcegig-com/

or mention me if you need more clarification.....

Cheers!
Re: When You Build Websites For N12,000 by ubiquitousade(m): 12:24pm On Oct 06, 2016
databoy247:

Well, not everyone who calls himself a developer is actually one. A lot of them will do anything to get money out of you.

No crime setting up a website using wordpress. In fact if you pay for a website, you'll get a website. How it was made shouldn't be a problem.

But using Wordpress, you still have a lot of work to do. Whats your objective of setting up a website? A website should be seen as a business you are setting up with objectives and targets. Your developer should be able prepare your website to help you achieve that objective.

Many of them dont know what lead capturing system is, or SEO, or back end security (yeah, even for Wordpress), or customer support system, or sales funnel, or premade sales copy for email marketing, or client training, ads programs, etc. These and many more makes up a website. And these, my friend, are what you are paying N200k for.

According to the target, for example, your website should be able to give you 26 new leads in the next 4 weeks, or it should be able to help make 31 sales in two months, or give you 100 subscribers in 3 months. All these will be in mind when discussing with a developer. If you have no idea about them, the developer should bring them to your attention, give you a plan, and then cost you.

So you see, i can charge you N1m and give you a good reason why you'll pay that sum.

Even in this recession, the job i just completed, the client paid N100k. The client came to me in Warri all the way from Lagos and we discussed for hours, planning strategies to help him achieve his objectives. My next job which will kick off next week, we agreed for N150k.

So, bro a cheap developer will always give you crap. No two ways bout it.

well explained bro, what some people dont understand is that a website should serve a purpose and a web developer should be able to produce a suitable pathway to achieve this purpose.

all those charging below 50k are looking for quick money and not in it for business.

For WordPress Security ehn, some top Nigerian sites are not secure at all, they expose their login page. i just pity them

A lot of these things you mentioned are what clients enjoy when they pay higher prices.

That was how an uncle of mine paid 30k to a guy ... well to cut the story short, , the last time i checked the site has not be accessible since June. If you pay less, you get less value.

If you are still charging less thank 50k CHANGE!!!! Additional services can be included with the website design. it could be seo, social media marketing, etc
Re: When You Build Websites For N12,000 by ubiquitousade(m): 12:27pm On Oct 06, 2016
Appland:

You will pay Indians such money? they are worse ooo
Re: When You Build Websites For N12,000 by oteneaaron(m): 12:41pm On Oct 06, 2016
ubiquitousade:

You will pay Indians such money? they are worse ooo

You are right...Instead of Hiring Foreigners, why not hire Verified and Professioanl Nigerian Freelancers?

Sourcegig.com has over 300 verified and Professional Nigerian Freelancers.

Right now we are running a Promo, where are Freelancers will handle any Project for you for Just 500 naira this month.....--

You can check here for more Info- https://www.sourcegig.com/offer-sourcegig-com/

or mention me....

Cheers.
Re: When You Build Websites For N12,000 by 0luwatope(m): 4:18pm On Jan 16, 2017
databoy247, i love the way you critisize me, poverty na real desease oh, its bcus of my recession mentality that i always dream of geting client that will pay 30k or 40k. please drop your number i need to learn from u
Re: When You Build Websites For N12,000 by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jan 16, 2017
mokoshalb:

I have a question, please. Assuming one has quality and sustained content that generates a lot of traffic, can such person earn money with a blogger powered blog?
Re: When You Build Websites For N12,000 by mokoshalb(m): 4:52pm On Jan 16, 2017
Milonis:

I have a question, please. Assuming one has quality and sustained content that generates a lot of traffic, can such person earn money with a blogger powered blog?
sure!
Re: When You Build Websites For N12,000 by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jan 16, 2017
mokoshalb:
sure!
Let me add you on whatsapp, so we discuss better. Can i?
Re: When You Build Websites For N12,000 by mokoshalb(m): 5:22pm On Jan 16, 2017
Milonis:

Let me add you on whatsapp, so we discuss better. Can i?
u can ask ur question here..
Re: When You Build Websites For N12,000 by databoy247(m): 7:13am On Jan 17, 2017
0luwatope:
databoy247, i love the way you critisize me, poverty na real desease oh, its bcus of my recession mentality that i always dream of geting client that will pay 30k or 40k. please drop your number i need to learn from u

Lol grin

(1) (Reply)

Please Help A Friend In Need / Dropshipping With Aliexpress / I Want To Transfer My Blog Domain From To A Paid Domain.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.