Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,241 members, 7,780,474 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:09 PM

Is It A Good Idea To Change Simcard After Wedding? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It A Good Idea To Change Simcard After Wedding? (26308 Views)

Is It A Good Idea To Reunite My Parent? One Already Moved On With A Child / Nigerian Couple Share "After-wedding" Photos To Celebrate Their 20th Anniversary / Why Do Most Wives Deny Their Husbands Sex? They Need To CHANGE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It A Good Idea To Change Simcard After Wedding? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Oct 04, 2016
[size=50pt]Yea Na... Before Recession Reach That Side lol smiley

My wife must change Sim card o. But not probably for a man to do so
[/size]
Re: Is It A Good Idea To Change Simcard After Wedding? by Amberon: 10:15pm On Oct 04, 2016
Bravo!
pearlejiro:
switching sim cards would be better option...(husband takes the wife's and vice versa).
That will accommodate any possibility of missing important calls...
And most importantly and effectively...kill any thirsty demon wanting to put asunder.
Re: Is It A Good Idea To Change Simcard After Wedding? by macphilip: 10:16pm On Oct 04, 2016
my Wife changed her's immediately we got married, I never asked her.
It made me to respect her the more

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It A Good Idea To Change Simcard After Wedding? by Biographyroom(f): 10:17pm On Oct 04, 2016
I support it if you incoming calls is too much

1 Like

Re: Is It A Good Idea To Change Simcard After Wedding? by muareal: 10:17pm On Oct 04, 2016
Once your huzzy is not comfortable with the callz then you change sim abeg, afterall that should be her sacrifice to keep her home/love.
abeg if them go finally sell Nigéria give China before day break my name go change to Chin_yun_Sun from tomorrow

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Good Idea To Change Simcard After Wedding? by mccoy47(m): 10:17pm On Oct 04, 2016
steppin:

Are you that insecure?

It's not a question of insecurity.
They say old flames are hard to die!

Especially the 1st cuts.
If u understand what I mean

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Good Idea To Change Simcard After Wedding? by Omeny: 10:18pm On Oct 04, 2016
Yes.
It is a very good idea,especially that of ur wife.
She must be separated from some of her friends while still retain only the good ones.

This is a non-negotiable for me.
Re: Is It A Good Idea To Change Simcard After Wedding? by mccoy47(m): 10:24pm On Oct 04, 2016
pearlejiro:
switching sim cards would be better option...(husband takes the wife's and vice versa).
And most importantly and effectively...kill any thirsty demon wanting to put asunder.

Lol u must be a keeper.
Come near my husby and die! grin
Re: Is It A Good Idea To Change Simcard After Wedding? by Shoboy6h: 10:25pm On Oct 04, 2016
For y na.. sad
Re: Is It A Good Idea To Change Simcard After Wedding? by Collins0609(m): 10:26pm On Oct 04, 2016
Yes y not,she go change everytin,me i wont change nothing.after all na me pay d brideprice,how much b sim?
Re: Is It A Good Idea To Change Simcard After Wedding? by ikorodureporta: 10:27pm On Oct 04, 2016
The 1st sim i bought is what i'm still using cos i dnt 'publish' my number anyhow. For real, its annoying how some people pick calls throughout the day frm their admirers.... I found one of dem in my former place of work, i say this girl go receive call till we close...

1 Like

Re: Is It A Good Idea To Change Simcard After Wedding? by sanandreas(m): 10:28pm On Oct 04, 2016
It is unnecessary. Who would want to go out with a married woman. It means you don't even trust the woman

1 Like

Re: Is It A Good Idea To Change Simcard After Wedding? by MrTour: 10:29pm On Oct 04, 2016
We are in an Era of changi, chanji chanji.
Re: Is It A Good Idea To Change Simcard After Wedding? by demarc001: 10:29pm On Oct 04, 2016
pearlejiro:

Very funny! That's the worst. Even innocent calls/messages could me missinterpreted
Re: Is It A Good Idea To Change Simcard After Wedding? by mKc9ET(m): 10:30pm On Oct 04, 2016
Anytime I heard something like this, I will just see and tag such people #dumb. For me it's only caused by illiteracy.
Re: Is It A Good Idea To Change Simcard After Wedding? by hitleraldof(m): 10:31pm On Oct 04, 2016
steppin:

Are you that insecure?
he gave his opinion. Give yours and stop attacking him.....
for me sha change sim, no change sim,an olosho remains an olosho...a relationship should be built on respect and trust not our over hyped love.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Good Idea To Change Simcard After Wedding? by aalangel(f): 10:32pm On Oct 04, 2016
People that have skeletons in their cupboards and have not been sincere do that. I got my sim 2004, got married 2010. I'm still using it in 2016.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Good Idea To Change Simcard After Wedding? by ihedioramma: 10:33pm On Oct 04, 2016
it is good . if you have boys/girls friends befor you marry is good to change it because of problem with your wife or husband .
Re: Is It A Good Idea To Change Simcard After Wedding? by Thryphosa(m): 10:37pm On Oct 04, 2016
That's a common practice in Northern Nigeria. After the wedding programme, the new wife (amaria) gets a new SIM and the old one is broken. Chai! That thing make me lose Aisha, I have not set my eyes on her nor heard from her since she moved with her hubby to Gombe.
Re: Is It A Good Idea To Change Simcard After Wedding? by purity22(f): 10:40pm On Oct 04, 2016
It's the matter of trust. Before I got married, I told myself anything that will cause me my marriage is not worth it. Few weeks to my wedding I sent text messages to most of my friends appreciating them and telling them that things will never be the same again (I will be married in few days time and expect to be treated as a married woman ) the few people that wanted to kill my joy I stop picking their calls and when they got tired of calling they stop calling.

Changing your number is not the issue just try and clear the air and everything else will fall @its place. If an old boyfriend wants to make you cheat or chat on the past, their is a way you will discard him and that will make him never to call you for such rubbish talk again
In anything I do my marriage comes first

4 Likes

Re: Is It A Good Idea To Change Simcard After Wedding? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Oct 04, 2016
It depends if the woman was once a PROSTITUTE or a RUNS girl.

Because if the woman was loyal and a decent woman,there won't be a room for that.

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Good Idea To Change Simcard After Wedding? by babalonimi: 10:45pm On Oct 04, 2016
Fr wat nw?
Re: Is It A Good Idea To Change Simcard After Wedding? by SUMCIOUZ(m): 10:47pm On Oct 04, 2016
rowanMama:
Well,some newly weds do that but IMO, if the lady has to change her sim the man should do same too.
i chat with a married woman on imo

1 Like

Re: Is It A Good Idea To Change Simcard After Wedding? by doskie(m): 10:47pm On Oct 04, 2016
I don't think i need to do that. There is an auchi adage that says.... "the person you know so well during the day, you don't need a candle to identify him at night." if i am marrying her, i already know if she's trustworthy or not. And if she changes, i don't need to depend on her phone calls to know, everything will tell me: even the walls in the house.
Re: Is It A Good Idea To Change Simcard After Wedding? by adconline(m): 10:48pm On Oct 04, 2016
JEWELCOSMETICS:
Changing the sim card is not the problem, the problem is whether the owner of the sim will ever change in real life... Well, ladies can make some funny calls to raise your balls and make you dabble through anger, especially when they really want to test your cool. That's where they missed it most because they refused to realize that men are humans with different frequency of tolerance.

Though I was born a jealous type, i will be very jealous especially on an issue that has to do with my boo. I did that to some length until a lady gave me a reason to redefine love as "a give and don't expect anything in return'' kind of thing.... I was a type who will want to protect his date and fight a war to gain superiority of her...

I later gave up on the assignment of protecting Ladies because i came to realize that if a girl really loves you she needs no protections, but attention from you to make her feel secured. What you must understand is this " whatever you can't keep, don't let it enter your home"... There are some ladies that are not just for us, the men.
Nobody is born jealous. You have to work on your insecurities and the things that you need from others that you can't do for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Good Idea To Change Simcard After Wedding? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Oct 04, 2016
That's ONE way of dealing with the incessant calls but it doesn't address the bigger issue - trust. It's a hassle, changing one's number and having to re-cultivate contacts especially the work related ones. A man should understand that forcing a woman to change her SIM card after marriage is a high-handed gesture that might serve well in showing her who's boss, but it doesn't stop a woman with extramarital designs from pursuing her fancies in secret. A responsible married woman would know how to shut down unwanted attention without changing her sim and the husband will have the chance to observe how she handles it confirming the trust he had credited.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Good Idea To Change Simcard After Wedding? by Jerryojozy(m): 10:49pm On Oct 04, 2016
2dugged:
I intend to do it myself, and give my new number to family and relevant acquaintances
That's how it should be.
Re: Is It A Good Idea To Change Simcard After Wedding? by passyhansome(m): 10:49pm On Oct 04, 2016
You dont need to change sim cards, what you need is CHANGE WHO YOU ARE, see yourself and carry yourself around as a married person, no single any longer, if change sim card without changing yourself, ur personality then its a waste of time

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Good Idea To Change Simcard After Wedding? by sweetcocoa(f): 10:50pm On Oct 04, 2016
If there's going to be any changes, it should go both ways, although I don't see how that would stop a cheat, what I know for a fact is that, if you don't want your partner to be uncomfortable, then you know how to do it, assuming he or she isn't just an insecure psycho that is. undecided
Re: Is It A Good Idea To Change Simcard After Wedding? by sisisioge: 10:55pm On Oct 04, 2016
Well well well...if she were a regular mobile phone owner who receives an average of 5 calls in a day, it's not necessary to change Sim.

However, since she's a mobile business center... Let there be change biko. Let her send the new number to her important contacts. Geskia.
Re: Is It A Good Idea To Change Simcard After Wedding? by flokii: 10:56pm On Oct 04, 2016
Firmlogger:
It depends if the woman was once a PROSTITUTE or a RUNS girl.

Because if the woman was loyal and a decent woman,there won't be a room for that.

Exactly my thoughts

he can as well ask her to close all her social media accounts too.. it's not necessary

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Couples With Thriving Marriages, Please Share Your Story / Nigerian Man Suprised His Wife With A Benz After Giving Birth / 'My Pastor Said My Husband Planted A Killer-Charm In My Body' - Nigerian Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.