Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,098 members, 7,807,290 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:57 AM

Celebrating Ndi-igbo - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Celebrating Ndi-igbo (45459 Views)

The Strange Custom Of Celebrating "Traditional" Marriages Abroad / Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Cultural Office / Celebrating Egbe Omo Yoruba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Celebrating Ndi-igbo by AloyEmeka6: 1:25am On Oct 17, 2009
Re: Celebrating Ndi-igbo by africhika(f): 2:35am On Oct 17, 2009
wow. such a variety.
glad to see cyprian ekwensi. i just finished his "jagua nana"
Re: Celebrating Ndi-igbo by AloyEmeka6: 3:00am On Oct 17, 2009
I don't know why they didn't feature Nnedi of wahala zone.

http://nnedi.com/about.html

Nnedi Okorafor
Re: Celebrating Ndi-igbo by AndreUweh(m): 12:22pm On Oct 17, 2009
They sould add more to the list for example:
C. Ijeoma Ohuruogu: A proud Igbo and has identified with Igbo organisations here in the UK. She was honoured last year by the Onanaeze UK chapter.
Also are Efan Ekoku
Victor Anichebe. More to come soon.
Re: Celebrating Ndi-igbo by AloyEmeka6: 3:03pm On Oct 17, 2009
Efangwu  Ekoku is not Igbo . He is either Ibibio or Efik.
Re: Celebrating Ndi-igbo by AloyEmeka6: 3:22pm On Oct 17, 2009

This one is on CSI NY. I know her father.

http://resumes.actorsaccess.com/ijeoma
Re: Celebrating Ndi-igbo by AloyEmeka6: 3:30pm On Oct 17, 2009
Another igbo girl on CSI Miami:
[img]http://www3.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Declare+Yourself+2008+Celebrates+18+-IZP9OGtS6ol.jpg[/img]
Megalyn Echikunwoke.

She replaces Khadi Alexander as the Miami Dade coroner. Her episodes I have seen so far was not bad [b]but [/b]Khadi Alexander is more cooked and play it better than her.
Re: Celebrating Ndi-igbo by AndreUweh(m): 3:41pm On Oct 17, 2009
Efan is neither Efik nor Ibibio but a proud Igbo from Ikaigbo area of Delta state. He identifies with the Igbo here in the UK and he is not ashamed of it.
Efanatuanya in Ika, Ifeanatuanya in Anambra and Iheanatuanya in Imo.
Ekoku in Ika, Ikoku in Arochukwu and Ikokwu in Isinweke.
Efan Ekoku or Ify Ikoku depends on where you come from.

3 Likes

Re: Celebrating Ndi-igbo by AloyEmeka6: 3:51pm On Oct 17, 2009
Andre Uweh:

Efan is neither Efik nor Ibibio but a proud Igbo from Ikaigbo area of Delta state. He identifies with the Igbo here in the UK and he is not ashamed of it.
Efanatuanya in Ika, Ifeanatuanya in Anambra and Iheanatuanya in Imo.
Ekoku in Ika, Ikoku in Arochukwu and Ikokwu in Isinweke.
Efan Ekoku or Ify Ikoku depends on where you come from.

You are right. I used to think he is Ibibio. I just saw his profile now and his middle name is clearly igbo:

Wiki: Efan Ekoku
Efangwu Goziem "Efan" Ekoku (born 8 June 1967, in Cheetham Hill, Greater Manchester), is an English born Nigerian former footballer who played as a striker.

Efan Ekoku
Personal information
Full name Efangwu Goziem Ekoku
Date of birth 8 June 1967 (age 42)
Place of birth Cheetham Hill, England
Height 1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)
Playing position Striker
Re: Celebrating Ndi-igbo by ezaa: 4:09pm On Oct 17, 2009
I don't think it's time for ndi-igbo to celebrate iam an igbo boy my self, but what do we celebrate if we are in slavery we have the brain but lack the promise of God, i think it is the best time to pray for freedom, God promised that he will make a nation and a group of nations out of Jacob. if i remember the proomise of God i just leads me to pray
About me: wealthnoweasy..com

view this
http://www.ndigboswitzerland.org/Docs/ArticlebyMaziNwekeonoriginoftheIgbos.htm
Re: Celebrating Ndi-igbo by AloyEmeka6: 4:10pm On Oct 17, 2009
You and who are in slavery?. All these Biafran apologists will never cease to amaze me  undecided
Re: Celebrating Ndi-igbo by ezaa: 5:49pm On Oct 17, 2009
Ok if you'll d like it better, we are not in slavery but we have not arrived the point of celebrating, if you have enough care for the needy neighbor and pray that the igbo's realize them self as a people to help one another, i traveled the east from Lagos first when i was 7, anambara roads was better than now @ 24 when i traveled the second time to my so called home town things just worse, WHERE DO WE TAKE THOSE GOOD ACHIEVEMENT TO IS IT HEAVEN?
Re: Celebrating Ndi-igbo by AndreUweh(m): 6:31pm On Oct 17, 2009
Ezaa
In as much as Ndiigbo are still in existence, there is a reason to celebrate. If ndiigbo do not exist, then they will not celebrate. If you know what ndiigbo went through between 1967 & 1990, you will know the desire to celebrate.
Secondly, if the road to your village is not motorable does not mean that every village has bad roads.
Thirdly, the igbo that has made a mark in life has nothing to do with your complaints here.
So, if you know of any Igbo that has towered above others in any field, please let us know. If not just hold your peace while others do the search for you.
Re: Celebrating Ndi-igbo by dani1luv: 6:34pm On Oct 17, 2009
:d
Re: Celebrating Ndi-igbo by AndreUweh(m): 9:55pm On Oct 17, 2009
anna mbachu. One of the London's mayors. She is the Waltham Forest, London, first citizen.

1 Share

Re: Celebrating Ndi-igbo by AloyEmeka6: 10:03pm On Oct 17, 2009
She is a Councillor and not a mayor.

http://www.annambachu.com/biography.php
Re: Celebrating Ndi-igbo by AndreUweh(m): 10:55pm On Oct 17, 2009
She was once a councillor but now a mayor. The post of the mayor is rotated between the councillors of the borough of Waltham Forest.
Re: Celebrating Ndi-igbo by AloyEmeka6: 11:38pm On Oct 17, 2009
That is not a real mayor. The Nigerian guy who is the mayor of Dublin is still the only recognized mayor in UK.
Re: Celebrating Ndi-igbo by presido1: 7:16pm On Oct 18, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

That is not a real mayor. The Nigerian guy who is the mayor of Dublin is still the only recognized mayor in UK.
Is Dublin UK? The woman is a Mayor, saw her in one of the Igbo community New Yam festival is North London some two months ago.
Re: Celebrating Ndi-igbo by THEAMAKA(f): 7:48pm On Oct 18, 2009
this is great. smiley
there are a lot more people that could have been featured.
the list is endless.

if we talk say we go celebrate Nigerians as a whole, the list would go on and on and on. . .
great stuff.
Re: Celebrating Ndi-igbo by THEAMAKA(f): 7:49pm On Oct 18, 2009
plop!
Re: Celebrating Ndi-igbo by THEAMAKA(f): 7:52pm On Oct 18, 2009
they could have also featured the sexy American-Football player, Nnamdi.
he is soo sexy.
playing for those Raiders.
but of course, the list is endless. . .
Re: Celebrating Ndi-igbo by AloyEmeka6: 8:39pm On Oct 18, 2009
THE AMAKA:

she is beautiful.   smiley

She is Ok and not beautiful like that. Her head is big and flat.
Re: Celebrating Ndi-igbo by THEAMAKA(f): 8:45pm On Oct 18, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

She is Ok and not beautiful like that. Her head is big and flat.
lmao!
well i like her. . . wink
Re: Celebrating Ndi-igbo by AndreUweh(m): 11:29pm On Oct 18, 2009
more to come soon.
Re: Celebrating Ndi-igbo by AloyEmeka6: 2:13am On Oct 19, 2009
Heart and Lung transplant expert.

Dr Anelechi Anyanwu

Dr. Anyanwu is one of few surgeons world-wide who are trained in all aspects of thoracic transplantation including heart transplantation, heterotopic heart transplantation, heart-lung transplantation, domino heart transplantation and lung transplantation. Dr. Anyanwu acquired expertise in complex re-operative valvular surgery, and heart failure surgery. Working with Dr. Adams, Dr. Anyanwu has led the advanced heart failure program, introducing new mechanical devices for circulatory support and has also re-established the combined heart-lung transplant program with two combined heart-lung transplants.

Dr. Anelechi Anyanwu performing mitral valve repair.

1 Like

Re: Celebrating Ndi-igbo by THEAMAKA(f): 2:17am On Oct 19, 2009
^^^

wow!! great stuff. smiley
Re: Celebrating Ndi-igbo by throttler(f): 2:53pm On Oct 19, 2009
thank God for ndi igbo. no matter were we find ourselves, we always leave footprints behind, good ones! smiley
Re: Celebrating Ndi-igbo by ifyalways(f): 5:31pm On Oct 19, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

She is Ok and not beautiful like that.  Her head is big and flat.
LMAO.
Ikeyman with his loud uncouth mouth.U berra shift your ass to the north,maybe,just maybe u might get the opportunity to wash the pants of  Presidents daughters that u are so obsessed with cheesy
@Topic,I loff Nnedis dreads.
Re: Celebrating Ndi-igbo by AloyEmeka6: 8:40pm On Oct 19, 2009
ifyalways:

LMAO.
Ikeyman with his loud uncouth mouth.U berra shift your ass to the north,maybe,just maybe u might get the opportunity to wash the pants of  Presidents daughters that u are so obsessed with cheesy
@Topic,I loff Nnedis dreads.

I am Ikeymann000 again? grin grin grin grin
Re: Celebrating Ndi-igbo by AloyEmeka6: 8:41pm On Oct 19, 2009
throttler:

thank God for ndi igbo.  no matter were we find ourselves, we always leave footprints behind, good ones! smiley

Some leave bad footpints behind like Toochukwu the fbi most wanted man.
Re: Celebrating Ndi-igbo by MrCrackles(m): 8:42pm On Oct 19, 2009
Ndi-Igbo kwezenu. . . . . . . .
Ndi-igbo yaparipa! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Alaafin Of Oyo Arrives Abuja Airport In Limousine (Photos) / Queen Naomi’s Alleged Separation From Ooni Of Ife Not True — Palace / Ooni Of Ife's Wife, Queen Naomi All Perfect In New Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.