Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:38 AM

To Atheists: Tell Us About The Origin Of The Universe - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / To Atheists: Tell Us About The Origin Of The Universe (3521 Views)

Sigh: Religion Section Has Turned To Atheists' Section! / Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity / A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To Atheists: Tell Us About The Origin Of The Universe by panafrican(m): 4:43am On Oct 12, 2016
To Knowyasrlf2

You all athesists are stuck in a funny circularity that consists in negating a postulate ( God being without an end and a beginning) , then curiously using another postulate as the absolute truth ( the Universe not God being eternal and infinite ). You said the Universe created ' god' in lowercase, I say yes your Universe did not create God in Uppercase.
Can you tell us of a bird and its egg which one first existed ? ( before we even take it to a higher level about God and the universe ) .
Re: To Atheists: Tell Us About The Origin Of The Universe by knowyaself2(m): 1:21am On Oct 15, 2016
panafrican:
To Knowyasrlf2

You all athesists are stuck in a funny circularity that consists in negating a postulate ( God being without an end and a beginning) , then curiously using another postulate as the absolute truth ( the Universe not God being eternal and infinite ). You said the Universe created ' god' in lowercase, I say yes your Universe did not create God in Uppercase.
Can you tell us of a bird and its egg which one first existed ? ( before we even take it to a higher level about God and the universe ) .
I guess the bird in your illustration represents your so called God in uppercase and the egg the universe. You obviously have no idea of the vastness of the universe. How the bible and other such books managed to convince thinking adults with brains that something can actually exist outside the universe is surprising. The universe is simply infinite and the mother of all things - spirits, matter, etc. Nothing has ever existed or can exist outside the universe. That's the simple truth. You can go on to explain to us how your God created something that is as infinite and endless as the universe, and not the other way round. Nature is the only real thing. The so called supernatural is a product of nature and follows the laws of nature. Ether or nature is the presiding consciousness which gave birth to all there is. It has no personality and certainly not any individual god.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To Atheists: Tell Us About The Origin Of The Universe by Nobody: 1:41am On Oct 15, 2016
aaronson:
Even if you been told, you still wouldn't believe if you still have the religion Operating system running in your brain. But let me just make a little summary of it by just dropping points. It started like this.

First , No time no space, nothing whatsoever

Second, Nothingness is nothing but in physics Nothing can accumulate to form Energy and in turn Energy would form matter and again matter can also covert back to raw energy....According to Albert Einstein (E=MC2)

The nothingness in the early universe happened to form energy hence, in a little Atom of like a Golf ball, that was how the early universe looked like.

Third, The intensity of the energy in that ball caused it to expand by billions billions billion rate even faster than the speed of light.

Four, BAM, The bang occurred.

Five, Our universe is born but still with intense heat after about 350 years the universe began to cool off. At the point, Gases in the periodic table started to form and the very first to form was hydrogen...............

Six, Keep in mind, the birth of the Universe was the beginning of time and space. How do we physicist know the bang occur and beginning of time?

Well, just like a movie, when you watching it, you might want to rewind back to catch a glimpse of what you missed, it's same with physics in relation to the Universe.

Seven, still formation of the universe, the solar system formation occurred giving rise to all planets, Sun and other planetary bodies then a dead small planet collided with the Earth and ended up being a moon for Earth.

Eight, Earth, our home happen to be the best planet to support life, why, because it was the planet with the suitable amount of gases and forces required to support life existence, it was either in excess or too little in other planets for instance, If gravitational force was lower on earth no life and it it was higher, no life. This is best we have that has habited our existence.

Nine, Earth started cooling down after its formation 4.5billion years ago.........Atmosphere formed prior to the right amount of gases here, soon after, the cloud gathered then it rained for many years thus making Earth the only planet with water. Water would later aid the existence of life here on earth.

Ten, Earth further took shape, separating the ocean and land so vegetation started, Ocean bodies is about 70% compared to dry land which is about 30%. So we have water, dry land, vegatation but No single life, So how did life appear?

I would leave you to go research how life appear since you now have a clue of how the universe came about, if you still can't connect the ducts about Life appearance, hit me.

I hope you're just trolling, because everything you wrote up there violates the principle of thermodynamics.
You make scientist look stupiiid with that epistle
Re: To Atheists: Tell Us About The Origin Of The Universe by Nobody: 1:46am On Oct 15, 2016
Niflheim:
Whenever I hear a ridiculous questions like, "Hey Atheists!!! Tell us the origin of the Universe!!!", it sounds just as ridiculous as.........................."Hey cockroach, tell me about the History of Czechoslovakia!!!"

Just as there is zero correlation between Atheism and the origin of the Universe, there is also zero correlation between cockroaches and the history of the Czechoslovakia!!! But sadly, the OP is too deluded to understand this!!!

@OP, if you want to know about fish, will you ask an entomologist? If you wanna know about diseases that affect the elderly, will you ask your local shoe maker?!!!

No wonder religious people in the church consult their priests(ignorant layman), about relationship advice!!! Always dipping their ostrich heads in the hole filled with shit, when searching for buried chocolate!!!

Lol, an atheist using every trick known to man to hide the fact that he doesn't fully grasp the big bang.
I've never come across an atheist that cannot at least tell you about the origin of the universe the way he understands it.
Hiding behind a philosophy you don't understand just so you can appear cool to people

Nairaland generation-Z are the worst.

Re: To Atheists: Tell Us About The Origin Of The Universe by Weah96: 4:37am On Oct 15, 2016
knowyaself2:
Must everything have a beginning? We tend to apply linear time to everything. We are inclined to think this way because we live and die, sleep and wake ,etc. But it doesn't mean everything follows this pattern. The universe has no beginning. It has always existed and it will exist forever.

Further, the universe is infinite and certainly too big for any god to create. If there are any gods at all, then the universe created them and not the other way round.

Someone will come and abuse this beautiful comment by posting an ugly retort.

1 Like

Re: To Atheists: Tell Us About The Origin Of The Universe by Niflheim(m): 7:45am On Oct 16, 2016
"Lol, an atheist using everytrick known to man blah blah blah blah............."

You disappoint me with this your comment!!! Must they break everything down for you before you grasp the basics of what I wrote down?!!! You disgrace yourself and are proud of it?!!!

1.I do not know the Origin of the Universe and I made that very clear in my last post!!! I have never claimed to know the Origin of the Universe, and yet you are here, spreading lies that I claimed that I knew the Origin of the Universe!!!

2.Do you think that the Big Bang explains the Origin of the Universe?!!! Chai!!! Maybe I might have to blame the Nigerian Educational system for this comment you made!!! It has been mentioned up to a thousand times on the religion section, you can google it if you like: "THE BIG BANG ONLY EXPLAINS THE EXPANSION OF SPACE AND TIME, NOT THE ORIGIN OF THE UNIVERSE!!!

3.The only liars I know who "claim" to know the Origin of The Earth, are your pastors who force their members to eat "human hair"!!!

4.Why didn't your "holy spirit" inform you that you were about to post an ignorant/not too intelligent statement on this thread?!!!
Could it be that it is because he does not exist?!!!(Except in your head, 5 minutes after ingesting hard drugs)
Re: To Atheists: Tell Us About The Origin Of The Universe by panafrican(m): 11:55pm On Oct 24, 2016
knowyaself2:

I guess the bird in your illustration represents your so called God in uppercase and the egg the universe. You obviously have no idea of the vastness of the universe. How the bible and other such books managed to convince thinking adults with brains that something can actually exist outside the universe is surprising.
You missed the point.I meant God created the bird.He is the beginning of Creation. If you exclude Him then you are dealing with a divergent sequence in your quest to know how did the bird and the egg appeared on Earth .
Use the contrapositive of the if_then statement
to see how things unfold.

The universe is simply infinite and the mother of all things - spirits, matter, etc. Nothing has ever existed or can exist outside the universe. That's the simple truth. You can go on to explain to us how your God created something that is as infinite and endless as the universe, and not the other way round. Nature is the only real thing. The so called supernatural is a product of nature and follows the laws of nature. Ether or nature is the presiding consciousness which gave birth to all there is. It has no personality and certainly not any individual god.

The concept of infinity ( I mean without any beginning and without an end ) and the ability to create Onself are inherent to God. You cannot admit them and negate God simultaneously.
Re: To Atheists: Tell Us About The Origin Of The Universe by panafrican(m): 12:05am On Oct 25, 2016
Admin401:

I hope you're just trolling, because everything you wrote up there violates the principle of thermodynamics.
Thermodynamics cannot explain every aspect of the universe. Quantum mechanics is trying beyond the limits of the laws of Thermodynamics.
Re: To Atheists: Tell Us About The Origin Of The Universe by wirinet(m): 7:37am On Oct 25, 2016
panafrican:
Tell us how did everything start.
That is unknowable. Everyone can speculate, but it would amount to arrogance in ignorance for anyone to claim absolute knowledge.
Re: To Atheists: Tell Us About The Origin Of The Universe by Nobody: 8:45am On Oct 25, 2016
panafrican:
Thermodynamics cannot explain every aspect of the universe. [b]Quantum mechanics is trying beyond the limits of the laws of Thermodynamics[/b

So your saying Science (Q'M) is beyond the limits of Science (LoT)

Lol, science has cucked itself.
Re: To Atheists: Tell Us About The Origin Of The Universe by panafrican(m): 3:39pm On Oct 25, 2016
Admin401:

So your saying Science (Q'M) is beyond the limits of Science (LoT)

Lol, science has cucked itself.

Saying Quantum mechanics is trying does not mean it has achieved its goal or it even is close to achieving its goal. I mean
atheists are stuck in a Sisyphean ( endless and futile ) task.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0225T01x-jk
Re: To Atheists: Tell Us About The Origin Of The Universe by knowyaself2(m): 3:17pm On Oct 26, 2016
panafrican:

You missed the point.I meant God created the bird.He is the beginning of Creation. If you exclude Him then you are dealing with a divergent sequence in your quest to know how did the bird and the egg appeared on Earth .
Use the contrapositive of the if_then statement
to see how things unfold.

The concept of infinity ( I mean without any beginning and without an end ) and the ability to create Onself are inherent to God. You cannot admit them and negate God simultaneously.
There is no beginning as regards existence. Linear time does not apply to the universe. And the ability to create and evolve lies with the natural universe, not some being that came out of nowhere.
Re: To Atheists: Tell Us About The Origin Of The Universe by panafrican(m): 12:26am On Oct 27, 2016
knowyaself2:

There is no beginning as regards existence.
Assumption 1.

Linear time does not apply to the universe.
Assumption 2

And the ability to create and evolve lies with the natural universe, not some being that came out of nowhere.
Assumption 3.

1; 2; 3. No prroof . Told you. you were going in a circle. without God .
Re: To Atheists: Tell Us About The Origin Of The Universe by knowyaself2(m): 12:28am On Oct 29, 2016
panafrican:
Assumption 1.

Assumption 2

Assumption 3.

1; 2; 3. No prroof . Told you. you were going in a circle. without God .
Spiritual knowledge and truth come by meditation, communication with higher beings, and personal experiences and observations. BTw, have you imagined how vast the universe really is? There are over hundred billions of galaxies discovered so far by scientists - galaxies ,not solar systems. More and more will be discovered, and it is endless. And they date back to billions of years also. In fact, it is impossible to arrive at a specific date of origin. And this is because there's no time of origin for the universe.
Further, recently ,the so called big bang theory is on the verge of being replaced by a more dependable postulate - Quantum equation predicts universe has no beginning( Old ideas revisited).The ancient always believed this through the knowledge imparted by the gods. Now, it seems the truth will finally prevail.
http://phys.org/news/2015-02-big-quantu ...
Re: To Atheists: Tell Us About The Origin Of The Universe by panafrican(m): 5:57pm On Oct 29, 2016
1. The billion or trillon- light- year dimensions around us are no secret to any one who reads. We also know the universe is most likely infinite due to the endless depth we experience. The question is : are the concept of infinite universe and the concept of God, mutually exclusive ?

2.This been said the materialistic approach scientists want to apply to every thing is kind of funny.More funny Schrödinger 's paradox about a cat being dead and alive at the same time. Schrödinger is well known for this work in Quantum mechanics.

3. Are you surprised the Big Bang theory is being replaced? this theory fails simply because of a simple question a Middle school student could ask : Where did the Big Bang take place if there was no Universe ( No space -time) before or when it was happening ? You can easily see here the idea of nowhere-ness is defeated.

knowyaself2:

Spiritual knowledge and truth come by meditation, communication with higher beings, and personal experiences and observations. BTw, have you imagined how vast the universe really is? There are over hundred billions of galaxies discovered so far by scientists - galaxies ,not solar systems. More and more will be discovered, and it is endless. And they date back to billions of years also. In fact, it is impossible to arrive at a specific date of origin. And this is because there's no time of origin for the universe.
Further, recently ,the so called big bang theory is on the verge of being replaced by a more dependable postulate - Quantum equation predicts universe has no beginning( Old ideas revisited).The ancient always believed this through the knowledge imparted by the gods. Now, it seems the truth will finally prevail.
http://phys.org/news/2015-02-big-quantu ...
Re: To Atheists: Tell Us About The Origin Of The Universe by knowyaself2(m): 7:48pm On Oct 29, 2016
panafrican:
1. The billion or trillon- light- year dimensions around us are no secret to any one who reads. We also know the universe is most likely infinite due to the endless depth we experience. The question is : are the concept of infinite universe and the concept of God, mutually exclusive ?

2.This been said the materialistic approach scientists want to apply to every thing is kind of funny.More funny Schrödinger 's paradox about a cat being dead and alive at the same time. Schrödinger is well known for this work in Quantum mechanics.

3. Are you surprised the Big Bang theory is being replaced? this theory fails simply because of s question
a Middle school student could ask : Were did the Big Bang take place if there was no Universe ( No space -time) before or when it was happening ? You can easily see here the idea of nowhere-ness is defeated.

Of course, the big bang stuff is a mirage. Scientists invented it just the way religious folks invented God to create the concept of a beginning. That brings us back to what i stated earlier - the inclination of humans to always apply linear time to everything. Again, linear time does not apply to the universe. It has no beginning and no end. And this universe is certainly not the Abrahamic God.
All the qualities attributed to the Jewish God,omnipotence and such, were stolen from ancient, pagan religions that predate Judaism /xtianity by hundreds and thousands of years. The object of worship in these pagan religions was non other than 'nature'. They revered this all encompassing force/energy because of the inherent, divine power it possessed, and they also revered the gods who have gained mastery over the use of this force. What is hard for Christians/Muslims to believe is that this divine, creative force has no personality.
Re: To Atheists: Tell Us About The Origin Of The Universe by panafrican(m): 9:08pm On Oct 29, 2016
knowyaself2:

Of course, the big bang stuff is a mirage. Scientists invented it just the way religious folks invented God to create the concept of a beginning. That brings us back to what i stated earlier - the inclination of humans to always apply linear time to everything. Again, linear time does not apply to the universe. It has no beginning and no end. And this universe is certainly not the Abrahamic God.
All the qualities attributed to the Jewish God,omnipotence and such, were stolen from ancient, pagan religions that predate Judaism /xtianity by hundreds and thousands of years. The object of worship in these pagan religions was non other than 'nature'. They revered this all encompassing force/energy because of the inherent, divine power it possessed, and they also revered the gods who have gained mastery over the use of this force. What is hard for Christians/Muslims to believe is that this divine, creative force has no personality.
We agree on God not having any personality because we have not seen him ,still not having any personality should not mean not existing , God is metaphysical infinite and present everywhere through what He created. Even our ancestors believe in the existence of God. And his decision to remain invisible due to our insubordination .
Still it is quite evident God can create something that has no beginning and no end . If mathematicians can create things that are infinite why can' t God ?
Re: To Atheists: Tell Us About The Origin Of The Universe by GoodMuyis(m): 9:28pm On Oct 29, 2016
aaronson:

Second, Nothingness is nothing but in physics Nothing can accumulate to form Energy and in turn Energy would form matter and again matter can also covert back to raw energy....According to Albert Einstein (E=MC2)

The nothingness in the early universe happened to form energy hence, in a little Atom of like a Golf ball, that was how the early universe looked like.

Friend You just made my physics teacher to start crying now? grin grin grin grin
Law of Thermodynamics: The first law, also known as Law of Conservation of Energy, states that energy cannot be created or destroyed in an isolated system.

Boda seun come and correct Correct this commercial student not before he make monkery of Free-thinkers

Correction
=============
E = mc 2, equation in German-born physicist Albert Einstein's theory of special relativity that shows that the increased relativistic mass (m) of a body comes from the energy of motion of the body—that is, its kinetic energy (E)—divided by the speed of light squared (c 2).
Re: To Atheists: Tell Us About The Origin Of The Universe by GoodMuyis(m): 9:35pm On Oct 29, 2016
Admin401:

TIRI GHOSA FOR YOU JOOR

I was like this when I get to paragraph 3

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4357579_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

1 Like

Re: To Atheists: Tell Us About The Origin Of The Universe by knowyaself2(m): 10:15pm On Oct 29, 2016
panafrican:
We agree on Gid not having any personality because we have not seen him ,still not having any personality should not mean not existing , God is metaphysical infinite and present everywhere through what He created. Even our ancestors believe in the existence of God. And his decision to remain invisible due to our insubordination .
Still it is quite evident God can create something that has no beginning and no end in the we understand those two concepts .
A play of words, I guess. You call it God but I chose to call it mother nature or universe. My version doesn't have human emotions and tendencies such as jealousy, anger, etc. It is indifferent to the way I live my life, and has no business judging me after I die. The aforementioned attributes were fabricated out of thin air by our church fathers and promoted with intense propaganda to instil fear in gullible people.
Moreover, it is impossible for something to exist outside of the universe. Except you claim this very universe itself is God

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Seun osewa Is So Pained Because Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist / Who Is The One True God? / Dream Meaning Of Someone Braiding Your Hair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.