Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,779 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:49 PM

I Think I Hate My Father. Help!! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Think I Hate My Father. Help!! (2771 Views)

The Woman I Hate To Have As Wife / I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? / I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Think I Hate My Father. Help!! by dirtyslap(m): 8:43am On Oct 06, 2016
eyinjuege:

Just a genuine question, do you think your mother poisoned your mind against your dad? Either subtly or even overtly?

I've always believed children always know the parent that shows them love, and I don't believe they can be poisoned against their fathers by their mothers as people generally believe. They see what's going on around them.
poisoned u say? Lol he wasn't even available to be poised against.
Re: I Think I Hate My Father. Help!! by dirtyslap(m): 8:45am On Oct 06, 2016
ItsQuinn:
hahahaha.....I understand smiley....dont worry with time your wounds will heal....you are a soldier after all smiley
a naval to be precise cool
Re: I Think I Hate My Father. Help!! by Nobody: 8:50am On Oct 06, 2016
Nice smiley....I'm so happy for you...wish you all the best, i pray for more and more blessings to come your way smiley
dirtyslap:
a naval to be precise cool
Re: I Think I Hate My Father. Help!! by dirtyslap(m): 8:53am On Oct 06, 2016
ItsQuinn:
Nice smiley....I'm so happy for you...wish you all the best, i pray for more and more blessings to come your way smiley
thanks milady. wink

1 Like

Re: I Think I Hate My Father. Help!! by dfrost: 8:55am On Oct 06, 2016
general111:
thanks man.u made a lot of sense.

Thanks man. All sense belongs to God and he gives to all. Na to use am be the main thing. cheesy grin
Re: I Think I Hate My Father. Help!! by dfrost: 9:09am On Oct 06, 2016
dirtyslap:
he can't win me back...he lost me long ago...he is d reason I become a military man...if he come to me, I swear down, I'm gunning him down.

dirtyslap even though it hurts but think twice, thrice before your decision. So many things may have influenced his decision (negatively). Please note that I am not in any way supporting your dad. Never. A man should never run away from his responsibilities. I will tell a story and invite you to the thread. One never knows the power of forgiveness until you need it my brother. Show him how much better you are compared to him.

@ ItsQuinn, you are not helping matters at all. Na wa for you ooo. I'm not saying you are a bad person, not at all. But you can help dirtyslap to heal his wounds. For crying out loud the man is wounded and you are adding insult to the injury. No be like that nah.
Re: I Think I Hate My Father. Help!! by Nobody: 9:18am On Oct 06, 2016
Actually I'm helping him heal his wounds my way smiley
dfrost:

dirtyslap even though it hurts but think twice, thrice before your decision. So many things may have influenced his decision (negatively). Please note that I am not in any way supporting your dad. Never. A man should never run away from his responsibilities. I will tell a story and invite you to the thread. One never knows the power of forgiveness until you need it my brother. Show him how much better you are compared to him.

@ ItsQuinn, you are not helping matters at all. Na wa for you ooo. I'm not saying you are a bad person, not at all. But you can help dirtyslap to heal his wounds. For crying out loud the man is wounded and you are adding insult to the injury. No be like that nah.
Re: I Think I Hate My Father. Help!! by dfrost: 9:35am On Oct 06, 2016
ItsQuinn:
Actually I'm helping him heal his wounds my way smiley

Haba sis. Not good enough your way nah. I'm not saying your way is bad but loving method is better off. We can persuade him to see his dad.
Re: I Think I Hate My Father. Help!! by Nobody: 10:26am On Oct 06, 2016
But you don't know what he's gone through and you simply can't understand lipsrsealed
dfrost:

Haba sis. Not good enough your way nah. I'm not saying your way is bad but loving method is better off. We can persuade him to see his dad.
Re: I Think I Hate My Father. Help!! by dfrost: 12:44pm On Oct 06, 2016
ItsQuinn:
But you don't know what he's gone through and you simply can't understand lipsrsealed

That's like saying that a doctor that hasn't experienced appendicitis pain should not console or operate on the patient. Some of us don't tell our history on social media. You don't know my story. Let's leave for a convenient time.

Always remember: we don't know the power of forgiveness until we need it. Ciao.
Re: I Think I Hate My Father. Help!! by Richy4(m): 6:29pm On Oct 06, 2016
You will be a father one day... how will you feel when your son came up with a strong word as hate toward you.... maybe if you say you do not feel comfortable with him being around, that will be understandable.... are you gonna tell we that as an African, u spot a boy of SS2, insulting your father, or harassing him, u will just pass and ignore the whole thing.... Bro HATE is a strong word and it is not something that u use carelessly...

Your mum has forgiven your dad.... I suggest you do the same....he might have regretted his action and to err is human and I believe you know what to forgive was.....
Re: I Think I Hate My Father. Help!! by general111(m): 9:25pm On Oct 06, 2016
eyinjuege:
I guess it's a natural feeling. No one likes to see the people they love being hurt by others.
It should pass with time, hopefully..
Or you can talk to your dad and tell him you were disappointed in him when he raised his hands to beat your mum, though she's his wife. No need to shout or get agitated when talking to him. Just a statement said calmly. Don't bother to talk back at him, as you've already said your piece.
hmmmm.nice..thanks sir.
Re: I Think I Hate My Father. Help!! by general111(m): 9:29pm On Oct 06, 2016
Richy4:
You will be a father one day... how will you feel when your son came up with a strong word as hate toward you.... maybe if you say you do not feel comfortable with him being around, that will be understandable.... are you gonna tell we that as an African, u spot a boy of SS2, insulting your father, or harassing him, u will just pass and ignore the whole thing.... Bro HATE is a strong word and it is not something that u use carelessly...

Your mum has forgiven your dad.... I suggest you do the same....he might have regretted his action and to err is human and I believe you know what to forgive was.....
I don't think you understand the full weight what I wrote up there.its not as if I hate him,I just don't feel free around him anymore.
Re: I Think I Hate My Father. Help!! by Richy4(m): 9:34pm On Oct 06, 2016
[quote author=general111 post=49980146]I don't think you understand the full weight what I wrote up there.its not as if I hate him,I just don't feel free around him anymore.[/quote

I read it wonderfully well bro... maybe you should revisit your caption.
Re: I Think I Hate My Father. Help!! by general111(m): 9:37pm On Oct 06, 2016
[quote author=Richy4 post=49980264][/quote]k.thanks anyway.
Re: I Think I Hate My Father. Help!! by Pidggin(f): 9:45pm On Oct 06, 2016
This world is funny, the same woman who gets punched in the face for over 25 years of marriage will be acting like she has been living in heaven on earth outwardly. If she shared her problem when these beatings started she may likely have found a solution to it.

OP, your dad may have problems with anger. It is wrong of him to beat your mother for any reason. Since you are an adult, I suggest you talk to him about the way you feel, and seek help for him. Learn to forgive but help your mum by getting help for your father, he might kill her one day if you don't
Re: I Think I Hate My Father. Help!! by Richy4(m): 9:57pm On Oct 06, 2016
general111:
k.thanks anyway.

Sorry bro if I did not say what you wanted to hear... U are a man and you should know that there are different ways men react when they were heated up.....

Some walk away, some stay and have a shouting match, some beat up who ever it was that was upsetting them and regret it later....

Unfortunately your dad was among the poor third option.... I do not like that option.. but that does not make him a monster...He apologized to your mum... all u maybe need to tell him ie if you want will be that you will soon marry one day and what you were observing with their marriage will be what u might do in future....But that you were disappointed with what went down the other day.... Maybe u should let him know how that is making you feel..... Though this advise is kind of oyiboish.... but try and let it slide bro and be happy... Do not hate him.... he might love you too much in his heart that when he hear u talk about the hatred you got for him, it might break him...
Re: I Think I Hate My Father. Help!! by johnson232: 11:06pm On Oct 06, 2016
Lol
Re: I Think I Hate My Father. Help!! by general111(m): 1:08am On Oct 07, 2016
Pidggin:
This world is funny, the same woman who gets punched in the face for over 25 years of marriage will be acting like she has been living in heaven on earth outwardly. If she shared her problem when these beatings started she may likely have found a solution to it.

OP, your dad may have problems with anger. It is wrong of him to beat your mother for any reason. Since you are an adult, I suggest you talk to him about the way you feel, and seek help for him. Learn to forgive but help your mum by getting help for your father, he might kill her one day if you don't
thanks a lot dear.but I have tried talking to him severally,he just doesn't listen to anybody..I have chooses to ignore him then.
Re: I Think I Hate My Father. Help!! by general111(m): 1:10am On Oct 07, 2016
Richy4:

Sorry bro if I did not say what you wanted to hear... U are a man and you should know that there are different ways men react when they were heated up.....

Some walk away, some stay and have a shouting match, some beat up who ever it was that was upsetting them and regret it later....

Unfortunately your dad was among the poor third option.... I do not like that option.. but that does not make him a monster...He apologized to your mum... all u maybe need to tell him ie if you want will be that you will soon marry one day and what you were observing with their marriage will be what u might do in future....But that you were disappointed with what went down the other day.... Maybe u should let him know how that is making you feel..... Though this advise is kind of oyiboish.... but try and let it slide bro and be happy... Do not hate him.... he might love you too much in his heart that when he hear u talk about the hatred you got for him, it might break him...
I can't help but say that you have spoken well sir.thanks a lot.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Baby Defies The Contraceptive Rule / Chatting With Exes After Marriage / Pls I Need Advice On An AC To Buy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.