Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,146,303 members, 7,792,627 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 April 2024 at 07:43 AM

Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun (26355 Views)

Shehu Sani Lists 10 Factors Blocking Nigeria’s Progress, Unity / No Hope For Nigeria Power Sector – Senate / Nigeria Power Sector On The Hopes Of Breakthrough (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by ozor1: 6:43am On Oct 06, 2016
We cant sustain renewable energy at this point..coal still remains the number 1 energy source all over the world, infact upto 40% of the total energy produced world wide comes from coal.
If what shes saying is true, ill beleive all the conspiracy theories we used to hear

3 Likes

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by CSTR2: 6:47am On Oct 06, 2016
Blaming the western world? hahaha. The western world wants a progressive naijeriaa to ensure more business for shell, mobil and co.
Only an incorrigible first class idiott would blame the western world for this. The same western world buhari and his clowns go on regular touring.
Even North korea, Iran and Zimbabwe, bonafide enemies of the west, cannot blame the western world for their energy crisis.

3 Likes

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by Realdeals(m): 6:56am On Oct 06, 2016
I watch the discussion, other discussant agree with Kemi assertion.

1 Like

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by Osmondinho(m): 6:57am On Oct 06, 2016
sakalisis:

I marvel at the level of hypocrisy of the APC government and its ministers, wen it suit them , they quote the same western power to "hail the integrity of their dullardiho", small time like this, they start to attack the same western power

2019 is far my bro ....

we have no other option than to wait... I won't wish another person father death but I hope he retrace his step before Nigerians get very very tired of him and storm aso rock.

2 Likes

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by Nbote(m): 7:39am On Oct 06, 2016
muri4mig:

Typical of a wailer. Let me point it out for you should in case you failed to comprehend where she pointed out that solar and wind are more expensive. For efficiency and a level playing purpose, it makes sense to look at coal since it is cheaper than the others. Next time read before commenting to save your wailing energy.

Sometimes I really wonder if some of U take tym to process information before reasoning or dat u don't even reason all. Once d opinion differs from urs irrespective of how incisive and analytical it is, d pesin is simply a wailer. Pls get well soon and move beyond terming everyone with opposing view a wailer and instead criticize d issue or beta still air ur own opinion. This country flares enough gas to power Africa as a whole. Definitely d west hasn't outrightly asked the country not to use coal. A gud percentage of power in China, the US and most of these superpowers come from coal but in using coal for energy, certain conditions have to be met. It's simply d same thing with nuclear energy, everyone is scared of nuclear energy getting in the wrong hands and as such all the restrictions and conditions but doesn't mean some countries don't meet those conditions. Let d govt stop making excuses, sit their lazy asses down and work out feasible and viable conditions. It has to not jus b feasible but viable.

5 Likes

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by Kyase(m): 7:48am On Oct 06, 2016
porka:
Na wa oh!

These people ehn!

Who is blocking whom now?

Did they not explain to Buhari the consequences of what he was signing last month?

Was he blindfolded?

Did he sign under duress?

But you read wetin she talk so?
Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by TheEastActivist: 7:56am On Oct 06, 2016
Kyase:

But you read wetin she talk so?

Did you even understand where the guys critics is going?

Buhari and co signed a green treaty in paris now withing few months they want to breach the treaty... haba nah is buhari suffering from amnesia or is kemi not news savy...?

6 Likes

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by DaudaAbu(m): 7:58am On Oct 06, 2016
shinarambo1:
This woman is not so smart. Government of western countries are getting rid of coal plant in their own countries because of the release of green house gases. Of course they wont support you.
Infact heavy carbon tax are being levied on corporations still running on coal fired plants. Provincial goverments and state government have been given deadline dates to shutdown coal plants in their jurisdictions.

I doubt if she even knows that Nigeria signed a treaty with over 150 other nations at the last Paris climate agreementl less than 6months or so ago.

Desp9te the heavy carbon tax, does that stop China, as developed as they are from building more coal plant? They give us deadline but they are still building more abi?

If they say we should look to alternative sources of energy, how come they that developed the technology have not moved to fully to it?

The fact is we need power, lots and lots of power. We also have coal in abundance. The technology might be old for them but its still new for us. So they should allow us use the coal to giv ourselve light

2 Likes

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by WORLDPEACE(m): 8:03am On Oct 06, 2016
shinarambo1:
Do you mean trap co2 and let out water and trace pollutants?
If that is what you meant, those techology are expensive. They dont come cheap. The carbon capture recently constructed by a power utility corporation in Canada for a 120MW plant cost just over 1billion dollars. Can Nigeria afford that?
make them look for other means of power generation as no western country would support this quest.
Can't they go to the Chinese then? Those guys are all about their paper, and they are cheaper too.
Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by Nbote(m): 8:04am On Oct 06, 2016
ozor1:
We cant sustain renewable energy at this point..coal still remains the number 1 energy source all over the world, infact upto 40% of the total energy produced world wide comes from coal.
If what shes saying is true, ill beleive all the conspiracy theories we used to hear

No doubt coal is d number one source of energy in the whole world because it's quite cheap but all the countries using d same coal for energy are all signatories to the same convention and as such certain conditions and standards have to always be met and maintained for the continuous use of coal for energy generation. D same thing applies to nuclear energy. The IAEA has stringent rules regarding harnessing nuclear energy not because it is restricted to a few elite but because of d safety conditions it requires and d many other uses it can b put to. Japan is still yet to recover from the explosion at a nuclear plant some years ago. Those of us quick to point to the US, China and India's coal energy generation are simply jus being sentimental about it all. Why are we selective in making our comparisons with these countries. We shouldn't compare our economies because of some certain things that we are yet to put in place but we can compare their energy generation becos of the same certain things we are yet to put in place? Let's try to analyze issues like intellectuals. I don't think any of our hydropower stations is working to half it's capacity. Most of dem have either one or two turbines working where there's supposed to be an installed capacity of more than that. What happens to increasing the capacity of these turbines and replacing the
old ones dat are still in use? Oh yes we've been made to believe pipelines supplying Gas is to blame but the last time I checked we still have "Hydro-electric" stations dat were in place before the gas stations came.

3 Likes

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by Seun4FastLoans(f): 8:15am On Oct 06, 2016
Hmmmmm
Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by magicminister: 8:18am On Oct 06, 2016
Rubbis!!

NIGERIA HAS THE BRAIN AND THE MAN POWER TO DEVELOP ITS OWN POWER STATIONS.
It may not be as grand as the ones we have abroad but it will do the job.

My brother schooled in MIT.
He graduated with a degree in electrical engineering and is heading a team developing huge wind energy facilities in europe (ROMANIA).

There are several other Nigerians like him that have tonnes of practical knowledge that could be useful to this country but for some reason, our government will rather hire mediocres.

We should utilize our graduates. Hire young and hungry engineers and charge them with the task of developing a power station and also give them a time-line. Provide the necessary funds and watch them perform wonders.

4 Likes

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by walozanga(m): 8:19am On Oct 06, 2016
black man will always be a black man, western powers indeed

1 Like

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by Okeikpu(m): 8:20am On Oct 06, 2016
Blame blame government
Change begins wt me
I will equal naira to a dollar under 3months....
Daura beef sad

3 Likes

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by Nobody: 8:20am On Oct 06, 2016
Nbote:

No doubt coal is d number one source of energy in the whole world because it's quite cheap but all the countries using d same coal for energy are all signatories to the same convention and as such certain conditions and standards have to always be met and maintained for the continuous use of coal for energy generation. D same thing applies to nuclear energy. The IAEA has stringent rules regarding harnessing nuclear energy not because it is restricted to a few elite but because of d safety conditions it requires and d many other uses it can b put to. Japan is still yet to recover from the explosion at a nuclear plant some years ago. Those of us quick to point to the US, China and India's coal energy generation are simply jus being sentimental about it all. Why are we selective in making our comparisons with these countries. We shouldn't compare our economies because of some certain things that we are yet to put in place but we can compare their energy generation becos of the same certain things we are yet to put in place? Let's try to analyze issues like intellectuals. I don't think any of our hydropower stations is working to half it's capacity. Most of dem have either one or two turbines working where there's supposed to be an installed capacity of more than that. What happens to increasing the capacity of these turbines and replacing the
old ones dat are still in use? Oh yes we've been made to believe pipelines supplying Gas is to blame but the last time I checked we still have "Hydro-electric" stations dat were in place before the gas stations came.

Permission to quote such good sense verbatim!

1 Like

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by realnas(m): 8:21am On Oct 06, 2016
If that's the case then turn to China, they will offer loans on favourable terms ,Chinese expertise will be available, this government is funny

1 Like

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by drss(m): 8:24am On Oct 06, 2016
d dullard cluelessly signed agreement on climate change in france yet forgot dat d con3 need coal power so d dullard tink coal power na clean energy has d dullard eva seen china (coal power user) sign climate change nonsense propaganda buari just sign aways nigeria's developement to please his western sponsors. u sign climate change agreement yet u want to use coal power. cluelessness at its peak. well am not surprised. buary dullard is too backward n incompetent to be a president.

Nb: however dis is a good omen for us bia..frans. coal is our natural resources. we can develop coal power machines from scratch to generate power for biafrans whether western powers like it or not.
Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by dapsonlou(m): 8:27am On Oct 06, 2016
TheEastActivist:
Please the world is changing so fast so Mrs finance minister follow the trend...

Science has a standard for everything.
To checkmate global warming and ozone depletion there are many technology that has fade out with time to give room for cleaner fuel to power our infrastructures in order to save the earth ozone layer and checkmate global warming.

Sometimes I ask who is advising the woman she looks young but acts so old in the brain. How can in this century you want to use coal to power your country when there are other better way of doing it using solar and wind even ordinary water too.

This woman won't stop disgracing herself and Nigeria at large. So for your mind Na Westerners they hold you .. smh this woman is a joke as one would say apc has graduated the blame game to a whole new level.

#SackKemiNow

All the Major Power plants In America are fueled by Coal. So they should also shut theirs down since its bad.

2 Likes

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by ephi123(f): 8:27am On Oct 06, 2016
Did Western powers hold your hand and stop you from building? Do other countries "block" the hands of the Western powers from doing what they want. What kind of nonsense is all this? Can we please stop with the talks and get things done. The blame game is getting tiring!!

2 Likes

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by Okeikpu(m): 8:28am On Oct 06, 2016
ificatchmodeh:
Buhari's government is that of incompetence and blame..
They don't think out of the box..once is not working according to plan..its finished..next option..blame..

The world is evolving and madam dey here d talk plenty english.
You said according to plan as if they got one in the 1stplace
These pple are thieves
or do pple still doubt it
Wait until dollar reach a thousand naira...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by fr3do(m): 8:28am On Oct 06, 2016
GenBuhari:
I keep saying it. Africa can never advance until we cut all ties with the white man.
The white is to blame for all Africa problems.

Blame game it may be, but it is a simple truth.

Kemi is one of my top 2 favourite ministers. She is courageous to say truth even if you means being critical of the Western countries. This is first time she made such comments.

PMB made a great decision in appointing her to the Finance ministry.

yet the economy is in shambles
this naive cashier is not fit to run the economy.

2 Likes

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by juman(m): 8:29am On Oct 06, 2016
Madam get things done that is important, nothing else. 24/7 electricity is needed.
Country is not business enterprise that consider profit or loss.
The government job is to get things done, not just making noises like apc is doing.

3 Likes

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by sunnyside16(m): 8:29am On Oct 06, 2016
alhahahahahahaha and the blame game continues........western countries, its ur turn.

2 Likes

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by obailala(m): 8:29am On Oct 06, 2016
TheEastActivist:
Please the world is changing so fast so Mrs finance minister follow the trend...

Science has a standard for everything.
To checkmate global warming and ozone depletion there are many technology that has fade out with time to give room for cleaner fuel to power our infrastructures in order to save the earth ozone layer and checkmate global warming.

Sometimes I ask who is advising the woman she looks young but acts so old in the brain. How can in this century you want to use coal to power your country when there are other better way of doing it using solar and wind even ordinary water too.

This woman won't stop disgracing herself and Nigeria at large. So for your mind Na Westerners they hold you .. smh this woman is a joke as one would say apc has graduated the blame game to a whole new level.

#SackKemiNow
You need to direct you criticism rationally. First of all, I do not think it is the finance minister who decides on the kind of power plants to build.

Secondly, there is nothing wrong with using coal to generate electricity. Forget all the bulls**t about the environment, coal still provides 40% of world energy till date and the biggest developed and industralised countries are the biggest users of coal. The US gets over 40% of its power from coal, china gets over 75% of its power from coal, I can't remember the statistic from Germany but if I'm right, the Germans are currently building a very massive new coal plant as we speak.

As a nation, just like a child, we must first learn to crawl and then walk, before we start thinking of running. Renewables (wind, solar etc) are far far more expensive that the traditional ways. Nigeria is presently in darkness, we still use kerosene lanterns in our homes and have tens of millions of tiny generators which emit 10,000 times more dangerous pollitants than whatever a coal plant can emit. This is just common sense, we must first walk before we start thinking of how to run. Even the industralised and developed who have all the money are not yet leaving coal power even for the next 50 years, yet you want a crippled child to jump and run faster.

3 Likes

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by WORLDPEACE(m): 8:30am On Oct 06, 2016
Nbote:

The United state does not rely on one source of power, why should anybody else? We are not saying we will not improve what we already have, what we are saying is that we want to add other alternatives. You can't say because you are working on A you can have B,C,D and E. The idea of the government is to use coal in the east, wind mills and solar in the north, and still have the hydro. Nigeria energy need is too big to rely on one.

3 Likes

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by Nobody: 8:30am On Oct 06, 2016
Serious!
Do you qualify for discount on Jumia? Contact me to know!
Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by juman(m): 8:30am On Oct 06, 2016
This apc government will end up achieving nothing.

Buhari would always be remembered as one useless old man that led the country twice, but the two time he led the country he failed.

5 Likes

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by obailala(m): 8:32am On Oct 06, 2016
ephi123:
Did Western powers hold your hand and stop you from building? Do other countries "block" the hands of the Western powers from doing what they want. What kind of nonsense is all this? Can we please stop with the talks and get things done. The blame game is getting tiring!!
A begger has no choice... whrn you run around begging people for money in form of free donations or even loans, then the people have a right to dictate to you what you do with the money they want to give to you. I'm sure you are aware Nigeria is frantically looking for where to get loans from?

3 Likes

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by dermmy(m): 8:33am On Oct 06, 2016
APC go blame North Korea very soon.. Na joke o

4 Likes

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by anonimi: 8:33am On Oct 06, 2016
Blames and excuses is all that this useless federal government is about.
No more, no less.
Who brought this curse on us?
Where are they?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3251622_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Zabarmari: Boko Haram Has Addressed Nigerians While Buhari Hasn’t – Aisha Yesufu / El-Rufai: Naira Redesign Doesn't Make Any Political Or Economic Sense (Video) / Picture: Jonathan's Wife Being Received On Arrival In Abia State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.