Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,183 members, 7,780,257 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:26 AM

Check Out The Speed On Mtn 4G - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Check Out The Speed On Mtn 4G (8592 Views)

I Got 43m/s Download Speed On GLO 4G/LTE(pic) / Mtn 4g Lte Is Now Live Across Nigeria / See The Speed i Got From MTN This Morning. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Check Out The Speed On Mtn 4G by Segunagagu(m): 9:38am On Oct 07, 2016
olanreyman:
Someone should answer me pls, will the 4g work on my note 3 t-mobile? And how will i check the band am using?
Type ur fone model as it is on google..it will bring a link to gsmarena for u..u will see it dere

2 Likes

Re: Check Out The Speed On Mtn 4G by nurey(m): 9:50am On Oct 07, 2016
Rex123:

Verzion is a cdma network! MTN won't work on it!

Baba which kind lie be this one for this recession nah. I have used a note 10.1 from Verizon and what I noticed is their phones support CDMA and GSM bands at the same time. I used mtn, glo and airtel on it. So I doubt if Verizon is only a CDMA network

1 Like

Re: Check Out The Speed On Mtn 4G by guydangerous(m): 10:13am On Oct 07, 2016
Segunagagu:
which ever way oo...they sha collected 900 from me oooo....
are you in Lagos or Abuja
Re: Check Out The Speed On Mtn 4G by omonla10(m): 10:37am On Oct 07, 2016
I do get up to 5mb/s, even above with 3G or H+ on mtn.. I thought I'll be able to get 20mb/s on mtn 4G..im not impressed at all..

1 Like

Re: Check Out The Speed On Mtn 4G by guydangerous(m): 10:51am On Oct 07, 2016
omonla10:
I do get up to 5mb/s, even above with 3G or H+ on mtn.. I thought I'll be able to get 20mb/s on mtn 4G..im not impressed at all..
maybe the 4g signal in your area is not that strong or you could try it at night to see how it performs,did you pay for the sim swap or bought the 4g enabled sim ??
Re: Check Out The Speed On Mtn 4G by Rex123(m): 11:32am On Oct 07, 2016
nurey:

Baba which kind lie be this one for this recession nah. I have used a note 10.1 from Verizon and what I noticed is their phones support CDMA and GSM bands at the same time. I used mtn, glo and airtel on it. So I doubt if Verizon is only a CDMA network

Read my post again! I didn't say the phones are cdma, I said the network is! Verizon phone are locked to CDMA! The phone has to unlock to be used here! Verizon LTE will never work in Nigeria! But the GSM will!

2 Likes

Re: Check Out The Speed On Mtn 4G by Xionez(m): 11:44am On Oct 07, 2016
Telecom operators are all entering the 4G/LTE bandwagon. Good.
Hope they upgrade other places using EDGE by recycling the old 3G infrastructure

In this era, EDGE shouldnt creep up on any device. But in my daily commute, EDGE seems to be the faster and battery saving alternative due to low signals on 3G.

Just hope this will be so.

P.S Battery saving in the context that less power is needed to "hold onto" a radio signal.

1 Like

Re: Check Out The Speed On Mtn 4G by omonla10(m): 12:14pm On Oct 07, 2016
guydangerous:
maybe the 4g signal in your area is not that strong or you could try it at night to see how it performs,did you pay for the sim swap or bought the 4g enabled sim ??
u didn't get me..

Referring to the 4G speed he posted here., I get title even on my 3G network on mtn.. I don't have a 4G fone.
Re: Check Out The Speed On Mtn 4G by dustmalik: 12:20pm On Oct 07, 2016
Rex123:

Read my post again! I didn't say the phones are cdma, I said the network is! Verizon phone are locked to CDMA! The phone has to unlock to be used here! Verizon LTE will never work in Nigeria! But the GSM will!
You are very wrong, in fact. Ever since Verizon introduced its first LTE phone, it stopped network-locking all its LTE phones that followed. So, yes, all Verizon LTE phones are never network-locked. Though Verizon limits its phones LTE bands mostly to bands it supports. But if you find a Verizon phone that supports any of our network lte band, it would work fine. It wouldn't need to be unlocked.
Re: Check Out The Speed On Mtn 4G by kadree(m): 12:56pm On Oct 07, 2016
Pls can infinix note 2 work with it?
Re: Check Out The Speed On Mtn 4G by nurey(m): 1:03pm On Oct 07, 2016
Rex123:

You are beginning to get me confused. I know for a fact that an international version of Samsung is different from the carrier versions but hardware is the same. LTE is an hardware thing not a software, so even if Verizon phones have LTE, once a Nigerian network can offer the service at the right frequency it should work.

Am talking from experiences of the NEC phones then branded on the 3 network which we had issues browsing on back then. I have also used Sony Ericsson and Motorola too back then that were network locked.

But you can expantiate on the issue if I am still wrong
Re: Check Out The Speed On Mtn 4G by nurey(m): 1:09pm On Oct 07, 2016
dustmalik:

You are very wrong, in fact. Ever since Verizon introduced its first LTE phone, it stopped network-locking all its LTE phones that followed. So, yes, all Verizon LTE phones are never network-locked. Though Verizon limits its phones LTE bands mostly to bands it supports. But if you find a Verizon phone that supports any of our network lte band, it would work fine. It wouldn't need to be unlocked.

Thank you for this clarification, the guy just wanted to turn hardware issue into software.

I met an engineer once who turned a cdma phone to GSM, he just found the GSM variant that was dead and switched the I. C and the cdma phone started using GSM.

If Verizon even network lock their LTE (software) , it would be unlocked but if the LTE band isn't supported (hardware) , then that phone won't work on the frequency.
Re: Check Out The Speed On Mtn 4G by bufness(m): 2:01pm On Oct 07, 2016
akinswaggs:
So i got my 4G sim yesterday and tested it on my Xiaomi Note 3 Pro which happens to support Band 20(800Mhz) that the Mtn 4G Lte Runs on(including Band 7(2600mhz)) and i can say the speed is awesome...

I've used both Ntel and Spectranet in Abuja and i can say none of them comes near Mtn in Speed..

Downloaded a File of 1gb in abt 3Minutes belive it or Not.... Speed gets up to as high as 10-15mb/s..

Pictures below
what site is this
Re: Check Out The Speed On Mtn 4G by Segunagagu(m): 4:04pm On Oct 07, 2016
guydangerous:
are you in Lagos or Abuja
Lagos oooo
Re: Check Out The Speed On Mtn 4G by akinswaggs(m): 4:21pm On Oct 07, 2016
[size=28pt]You can watch the speed test video on the first Page now[/size]
Re: Check Out The Speed On Mtn 4G by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 07, 2016
Segunagagu:

Its a verizon note 4..US used. ..it does nt have the band...I don't know if there is a way I can tweak it
its hardware supports the band,, but no support from software.... Try running a different rom from TouchWiz,, maybe CyanogenMod
Re: Check Out The Speed On Mtn 4G by Segunagagu(m): 4:46pm On Oct 07, 2016
ucsparks:
its hardware supports the band,, but no support from software.... Try running a different rom from TouchWiz,, maybe CyanogenMod
I know there is still going to be a way
Re: Check Out The Speed On Mtn 4G by Earth2Metahuman: 4:51pm On Oct 07, 2016
Re: Check Out The Speed On Mtn 4G by Segunagagu(m): 5:36pm On Oct 07, 2016
ucsparks:
Okkk. So u mean other bands of the lte are hidden...wat if I root and I find my way to the service menu. ...and do some changes
Re: Check Out The Speed On Mtn 4G by directonpc(m): 5:53pm On Oct 07, 2016
My problem his when will hit henter Benue state
Re: Check Out The Speed On Mtn 4G by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 07, 2016
Segunagagu:

Okkk. So u mean other bands of the lte are hidden...wat if I root and I find my way to the service menu. ...and do some changes
nop rooting it still can make it work,, it was produced and its OS customized for Verizon which maybe doesn't support 2600mhz for it network
Using a different rom not from Verizon already configured rom will unlock its support for 2600mhz
Re: Check Out The Speed On Mtn 4G by akinswaggs(m): 7:07pm On Oct 07, 2016
kestolove95:
1gig in 3minutes...haba guy...kolewerk

The video uploaded is for you
Re: Check Out The Speed On Mtn 4G by somehowpenis(m): 8:20pm On Oct 07, 2016
akinswaggs:
[size=28pt]You can watch the speed test video on the first Page now[/size]
the speed test video was dope bro. Just hope these telecoms aren't recycling 3G into 4G and giving us an excuse of a 4G. Not alot of people are using the 4G yet, hope it maintains that speec when it spreads all over

1 Like

Re: Check Out The Speed On Mtn 4G by Rex123(m): 9:44pm On Oct 07, 2016
nurey:

You are beginning to get me confused. I know for a fact that an international version of Samsung is different from the carrier versions but hardware is the same. LTE is an hardware thing not a software, so even if Verizon phones have LTE, once a Nigerian network can offer the service at the right frequency it should work.

Am talking from experiences of the NEC phones then branded on the 3 network which we had issues browsing on back then. I have also used Sony Ericsson and Motorola too back then that were network locked.

But you can expantiate on the issue if I am still wrong

Phone manufacturers make phone for different networks in the USA! Those phones hardware are different from the international version!
Re: Check Out The Speed On Mtn 4G by nurey(m): 10:49pm On Oct 07, 2016
Rex123:

Phone manufacturers make phone for different networks in the USA! Those phones hardware are different from the international version!

It doesn't matter if hardware is different. Besides difference in hardware is maybe no radio capability, no Sim function, or no 4G lte support.

But if the phone has 4G lte and a Nigerian network has same 4G frequency it will work once the phone is Sim/network unlocked. Except the branded phones frequency is limited
Re: Check Out The Speed On Mtn 4G by akinswaggs(m): 6:23am On Oct 08, 2016
somehowpenis:
the speed test video was dope bro. Just hope these telecoms aren't recycling 3G into 4G and giving us an excuse of a 4G. Not alot of people are using the 4G yet, hope it maintains that speec when it spreads all over

We Hope so too Mahn... Thanks for the feedback smiley
Re: Check Out The Speed On Mtn 4G by kvngjesse(m): 5:01pm On Oct 08, 2016
akinswaggs:

Yes thats what i meann
Cool

1 Like

Re: Check Out The Speed On Mtn 4G by ewizard1: 6:34pm On Oct 08, 2016
olanreyman:
My phone is Samsung Galaxy note 3 t-mobile I just hope it will work o
Should work with MTN. I have same device!
Re: Check Out The Speed On Mtn 4G by olanreyman(m): 8:20pm On Oct 08, 2016
ewizard1:
Should work with MTN. I have same device!

Bro pls confirm it for us.... I don't want to waste money on sim swap.
Re: Check Out The Speed On Mtn 4G by ewizard1: 8:35pm On Oct 08, 2016
olanreyman:

Bro pls confirm it for us.... I don't want to waste money on sim swap.
Attached is a screenshot of Tmobile Note 3's LTE Freq bands!

It has 7 which MTN runs on!

Re: Check Out The Speed On Mtn 4G by Seamareggae(m): 11:33pm On Oct 08, 2016
ewizard1:

Attached is a screenshot of Tmobile Note 3's LTE Freq bands!

It has 7 which MTN runs on!
Bros... Pls help me confirm if my Samsung A5 double sim with model number SM-A500H would support both mtn nd Etisalat bands...

Thanks bros
Re: Check Out The Speed On Mtn 4G by nonso84(m): 5:11am On Oct 09, 2016
[quote author=Seamareggae post=50039502]
Bros... Pls help me confirm if my Samsung A5 double sim with model number SM-A500H would support both mtn nd Etisalat bands...

Thanks bros[/quote

Yes, your phone supports band 7(2600mhz) ie for mtn

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Airtel 2017 - Full List Of Data Plans, Bundles And Prices / Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig / NCC, Nigcomsat Sign Mou On Release Of 5G Spectrum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.