Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,273 members, 7,807,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

2015 NYSC Batch B: A Year Experience With My Fellow Yoruba And Igbo Corpers. - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / 2015 NYSC Batch B: A Year Experience With My Fellow Yoruba And Igbo Corpers. (642 Views)

Male Corper Proposes To Fellow Corper: In The Spirit Of Val (Pics) / A Year Experience With My Fellow Yoruba And Igbo Corpers. / 2015 Nysc Batch B Pop: My Experiences, Photos As I Pass Out Of Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015 NYSC Batch B: A Year Experience With My Fellow Yoruba And Igbo Corpers. by TooEasy: 3:20pm On Oct 06, 2016
It has been a great experience serving my fatherland. I was posted to Edo state to serve. By the way, I'm ezekiel from benue state, I'am graduate of history from Ahmadu Bello University. Fast forward to my PPA: my first day at my PPA, we were warmly welcomed and entertained lavishly by our senior corpers, so I decided to stay in the corpers lodge because the place is nice and well equipped. Though I was the only one from benue state among the corpers staying in the lodge, the population of yorubas and igbos were almost even, and we had 2 hausas. So life began with all the 3 ethnic groups living under thesame roof. So straight to the point.

WHAT I OBSERVED ABOUT THE YORUBAS.

1. Yorubas prefers to communicate in english most times when they are aware they have someone from another listening to them, at least one would know they won't sell him/her. Lol...
2. Yorubas are very good with constructive arguments, they argue with points without insulting and believe me, before you can win a yoruba man in an argument, you have a lot of work to do.

3. Yorubas are so difficult to predict! I think that's where their strength lies, you can't really know their mind especially if you've offended them before.
4. They are romantic! Its only a yoruba man you would see in our lodge that helps the ladies to loose their hair, watch their boring korean film with them even if they don't like it, stay with the ladies most times in the kitchen when cooking etc.
5. Yoruba guys and igbo girls have flair for each other: we always see them play, gist, party together. Some of them even dated. They are just kind of connected.
6. Its like Ekiti people (yorubas) are naturally notorious, I served with 3 of them, they are the ones that causes trouble in the lodge.

7. They like social activities like parties, sports etc.
8. And lastly they are naturally nice, accommodating and always ready to take up responsibility.

WHAT I OBSERVED ABOUT THE IGBOS.
1. Igbos does not know how to hide feelings. When they are angry you would know they are, and if they don't like you it means they don't like you.
2. Igbos are too predictable, you can easily know or guess what they would do.
3. Igbos are fun to be with. You would just be laughing whenever you are around them
4. Once an igbo woman loves you, it means she loves you and she does not bloody care about what people will say! "Mehn igbo women sabi love o" they are also attracted to yoruba guys!

5. Igbos like looking for trouble either jokingly or seriously. Lol...

6. Igbo men are not romantic: too serious, rigid and not flexible.

7. Igbo language is difficult to understand, mehn I tried my best but I could only grab few like gaanu koma, ndeewo etc.
8. And lastly, they are creative, open-minded and associate more with themselves. All I have to say is thank God for keeping my alive to witness another milestone. To all my NYSC friends: Rasheed, Japheth, Kosi, oliseh, okey, timilehin, I love you all.

1 Like

Re: 2015 NYSC Batch B: A Year Experience With My Fellow Yoruba And Igbo Corpers. by Nobody: 4:18pm On Oct 06, 2016
Nonsense observation
Re: 2015 NYSC Batch B: A Year Experience With My Fellow Yoruba And Igbo Corpers. by TooEasy: 4:58pm On Oct 06, 2016
Doxie69:
Nonsense observation
Thought Metallurgy students are intelligent! You just proved otherwise
Re: 2015 NYSC Batch B: A Year Experience With My Fellow Yoruba And Igbo Corpers. by Vikky014(f): 7:43pm On Oct 06, 2016
Lmao. jst wt two igbos u don draw conclusion ..hmmmm

(1) (Reply)

Osun State To Probe The Death Of Ifedolapo Oladepo,who Died At NYSC Camp Kano St / See How Ex Rivers State Female Corpers Jumped 4 Joy / How A University Undergraduate Makes $26 Daily With His Mobile Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.