Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,798 members, 7,802,558 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:19 PM

A Year Experience With My Fellow Yoruba And Igbo Corpers. - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / A Year Experience With My Fellow Yoruba And Igbo Corpers. (21721 Views)

Male Corper Proposes To Fellow Corper: In The Spirit Of Val (Pics) / Message To My Fellow Corps Members On Our POP Today. / 2015 NYSC Batch B: A Year Experience With My Fellow Yoruba And Igbo Corpers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Year Experience With My Fellow Yoruba And Igbo Corpers. by OILSOUP: 8:43pm On Oct 06, 2016
NIGHTMARE007:

FIXED!
I deal with facts...hahahahahah im the TRUTH
Come to ikeja and keep ur moth shut.
If a nurse who is earning good salary cant get satisfied and engage i ashawo wat esle

How people that allow their women to work in construction site as laborer and off load container will turn around to accuse Stainless Igbo girls of prostitution, i will never know.

This coming from a region with the highest divorce rate and baby mama, i seriously doubt igbo girls can unseat yoruba women as the Queen of prostitution.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Year Experience With My Fellow Yoruba And Igbo Corpers. by Nobody: 8:44pm On Oct 06, 2016
somegirl1:

Key word is "many". Many south easterners live in the south west but most south easterners don't. And of the ones that live in the south west, many do not speak Yoruba.
I have Igbo, Efik and Ibibio friends who grew up in Lagos and have very limited understanding of Yoruba.
who tell u? even in d SE u people speak yoruba language with style. and some igbos there can speak them

Nko

abi

She?

Pele

Tokunbo

ashawo or olosho

Baba

Ogbeni

Gbedu

Padi mi

Jor

Olopa

Ole

amongs others I picked up in Abia

6 Likes

Re: A Year Experience With My Fellow Yoruba And Igbo Corpers. by Olu317(m): 8:47pm On Oct 06, 2016
I adore this young man's observation although it is not enough yardstick to measure an entire tribe as whole. However, largely, Yoruba are not as bad as many ibos on NL painted us and are willing to show understanding even to the detriment to our kinsmen on genuine course, no matter how other tribes see it which is our own strength in a disguise. . I want to pick on one or two point raised as it regard Yoruba men dating Ibo girls or vice versa and sixteen years ago on hate among Ibos and Yoruba . Personal story, which indeed made me appreciate the gut the Ibo girl (name withheld) in particular that I dated years back. To be honest I would have married the lady because she was outstanding when it comes to loyalty and love (not sex) even when there was pressure from different quarters against her stop dating Yoruba man. In fact it was her father that made me not to marry her because her father was against her marrying YORUBA man,although I don't have hatred for the man, because I realised that is who he was, so I took it as fate . And I chose not to do what she thought I would have done if not my second thought that prevailed . She taught me a lot about Ibo tradition if a non Ibo want to marry an Ibo girl. Having said this, my late cousin married Anambra lady with five kids and they loved each other so much until my cousin passed on to the great beyond. The second one is that sixteen years ago was twenty years ago between Yoruba and Ibo and still recurring today so the reality on gro
und is a herculean task that bringing Yoruba and ibos together must have God's hand in it and until each group accord respect to themselves properly. I do appreciate your opinion and experience,it is worth sharing. Stay fortified.100% Yoruba blood

5 Likes

Re: A Year Experience With My Fellow Yoruba And Igbo Corpers. by Nobody: 8:51pm On Oct 06, 2016
OILSOUP:

How people that allow their women to work in construction site as laborer and off load container will turn around to accuse Stainless Igbo girls of prostitution, i will never know.

This coming from a region with the highest divorce rate and baby mama, i seriously doubt igbo girls can unseat yoruba women as the Queen of prostitution.

Brother im telling u..
Wen ever i hear d word prostitute my remeber yoruba women.
Coz wat they do here mouth cant say

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Year Experience With My Fellow Yoruba And Igbo Corpers. by OILSOUP: 8:52pm On Oct 06, 2016
NIGHTMARE007:

Brother im telling u..
Wen ever i hear d word prostitute my remeber yoruba women.
Coz wat they do here mouth cant say

No wonder the Afonja and Benin have taken flight from their women. It is a sign of things out of control.

Meanwhile igbo men still marry their women like crazy.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Year Experience With My Fellow Yoruba And Igbo Corpers. by oboy3(m): 8:53pm On Oct 06, 2016
Onijagidijagan:

who tell u? even in d SE u people speak yoruba language with style. and some igbos there can speak them

Nko

abi

She?

Pele

Tokunbo

ashawo or olosho

Baba

Ogbeni

Gbedu

Padi mi

Jor

Olopa

Old

nobody uses olopa,padi mi (even paddy is not yoruba) etc in igboland
or even gbedu
,we have the equivalents in Igbo language,though we use shey, Jor etc Just as the yorubas use our own tey, una, Owu
etc

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Year Experience With My Fellow Yoruba And Igbo Corpers. by Olu317(m): 8:54pm On Oct 06, 2016
I adore this young man's observation although it is not enough yardstick to measure an entire tribe as whole. However, largely, Yoruba are not as bad as many ibos on NL painted us and are willing to show understanding even to the detriment to our kinsmen on genuine course, no matter how other tribes see it which is our own strength in a disguise. . I want to pick on one or two or three point raised as it regard Yoruba men dating Ibo girls or vice versa and sixteen years ago on hate among Ibos and Yoruba . Personal story, which indeed made me appreciate the gut the Ibo girl (name withheld) in particular that I dated years back. To be honest I would have married the lady because she was outstanding when it comes to loyalty and love (not sex) even when there was pressure from different quarters against her stop dating Yoruba man. In fact it was her father that made me not to marry her because her father was against her marrying YORUBA man,although I don't have hatred for the man, because I realised that is who he was, so I took it as fate . And I chose not to do what she thought I would have done if not my second thought that prevailed . She taught me a lot about Ibo tradition if a non Ibo want to marry an Ibo girl. Having said this, my late cousin married Anambra lady with five kids and they loved each other so much until my cousin passed on to the great beyond. The second one is that sixteen years ago was twenty years ago between Yoruba and Ibo and still recurring today so the reality on gro
und is a herculean task that bringing Yoruba and ibos together must have God's hand in it and until each group accord respect to themselves properly. Lastly on the Yoruba language, it is true we love our language but we don't use it as a form of communication once we noticed one or some stranger(s) among us which made us more friendlier to other tribes, as simple as ABC . I do appreciate your opinion and experience,it is worth sharing. Stay fortified.100% Yoruba blood

2 Likes

Re: A Year Experience With My Fellow Yoruba And Igbo Corpers. by Nobody: 8:56pm On Oct 06, 2016
OILSOUP:

No wonder the Afonja and Benin have taken flight from their women. It is a sign of things out of control.

Meanwhile igbo men still marry their women like crazy.

Hahahahahhahaa they said their women are good yet their men dumo their asses..
Looking for igbo to marry...hahahhahahaha.
Dat alone shows their women ar not well behaved

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Year Experience With My Fellow Yoruba And Igbo Corpers. by OkoNDOoBo: 8:58pm On Oct 06, 2016
NIGHTMARE007:

Yorubaboon women are worst in d sense dat even their married women join them
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/09/came-home-pick-somethingcaught-wife-lover-says-husband/

Even ur lordship Namadi kanu confirm it.
Stop living in denial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UIRwV6PLLw

That's the youtube video
99.9 percent of igbo girls re prostitues-namadi kanu

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Year Experience With My Fellow Yoruba And Igbo Corpers. by somegirl1: 9:00pm On Oct 06, 2016
Onijagidijagan:

who tell u? even in d SE u people speak yoruba language with style eg

Nko

abi

She?

Pele

Tokunbo

ashawo or olosho

Baba

Ogbeni

Gbedu

Padi mi

I don't even know what gbedu means. I've never heard it used in conversation in the East.
I only know what ogbeni might mean because that was our Yoruba driver's nickname.
Baba might be used as a nickname, usually for a thug. No Igbo family I know refers to their father as baba.
Igbos wouldn't say "pele" to each other but they probably would to you.

The other words you've listed have now been incorporated into pidgin. You'd only hear such words from people who once lived in the south west or have had dealings with south westerners. And probably used for your benefit.
It's just like saying you speak Igbo in the south west because you say "una", "tey" (as in e don tey), "gbam" etc.
So, no hun, the majority of us don't understand Yoruba.

6 Likes

Re: A Year Experience With My Fellow Yoruba And Igbo Corpers. by OILSOUP: 9:01pm On Oct 06, 2016
NIGHTMARE007:

Hahahahahhahaa they said their women are good yet their men dumo their asses..
Looking for igbo to marry...hahahhahahaha.
Dat alone shows their women ar not well behaved

Nna, just check the news, all u will see is igbo guys buying their Igbo wife to be and wife cars.

We dont feel OK until we have gifted our igbo wife a car. wink

[size=5pt].i.e. Dickson Nwakaeme[/size]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Year Experience With My Fellow Yoruba And Igbo Corpers. by Nobody: 9:03pm On Oct 06, 2016
NIGHTMARE007:

FIXED!
I deal with facts...hahahahahah im the TRUTH
Come to ikeja and keep ur moth shut.
If a nurse who is earning good salary cant get satisfied and engage i ashawo wat esle

You cannot change d perception, mentality of realities happening In Nigeria that is known to all. Keep defending ur sisters blindly..I knw u won't open one of dis links but is to show u I talk with facts along with my observations.

In Ondo-State 90% of ur muscular looking sisters lives in brothels or a mobile office prostitutes.

1. www.cknnigeria.com/2014/03/igbos-now-produce-more-prostitutes-than.html?m=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ2UzZrgwxg

3. otowngist.com/index.php/life-heart/217-i-enjoy-prostitutes-more.html

4 Likes

Re: A Year Experience With My Fellow Yoruba And Igbo Corpers. by Ahmeduana(m): 9:04pm On Oct 06, 2016
sinkhole:
You are very correct, then Fayose's behaviour should not be entirely strange to you cheesy
THE FACT IS THAT VIRTUALLY EVERY PERSON IN EKITI ARE EDUCATED, SO YOU CANNOT BRAIN WASH THEM, EVEN THE ARTISANS AND THE RURAL DWELLERS YOU WILL BE SUPRISE WHEN THEY ARE CONVERSATING AND SOME GRAMMAR ARE FINDING THEIR WAY INTO THERE SPEECH.

1 Like

Re: A Year Experience With My Fellow Yoruba And Igbo Corpers. by Nobody: 9:04pm On Oct 06, 2016
OkoNDOoBo:

Even ur lordship Namadi kanu confirm it.
Stop living in denial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UIRwV6PLLw
That's the youtube video
99.9 percent of igbo girls re prostitues-namadi kanu

Hahahhahaha....
Lies from pit of hell....
U cant be in ur house or a region an say wats happening all over the region.

Bro i can tell u dat yorubaboons are undisputed with prostitution in this area
Dont worry tomoro i will collect nude pics from a guys phone to show how 2 shamless married yoruba women.... hiw they are spreading their old gutter for him.

Mail me tomorrow ill send u d pix... grin
I think prostitution is part of their culture.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Year Experience With My Fellow Yoruba And Igbo Corpers. by Nobody: 9:06pm On Oct 06, 2016
OILSOUP:

Nna, just check the news, all u will see is igbo guys buying their Igbo wife to be and wife cars.

We dont feel OK until we have gifted our igbo wife a car. ;

Yes o..
While our neighbours hump from one bed to another.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Year Experience With My Fellow Yoruba And Igbo Corpers. by Nobody: 9:09pm On Oct 06, 2016
Onijagidijagan:

You cannot change d perception, mentality of realities happening In Nigeria that is known to all. Keep defending ur sisters blindly..I knw u won't open just one of dis links but to show u I talk with fact.

Ondo-state 90% of ur muscular looking sisters lives in brothels or a mobile prostitutes.

1. www.cknnigeria.com/2014/03/igbos-now-produce-more-prostitutes-than.html?m=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ2UzZrgwxg

3. otowngist.com/index.php/life-heart/217-i-enjoy-prostitutes-more.html

YES EXACTLY I WONT OPEN ANY COZ THEY ARE ALL LIES AND PROPAGANDA
trust me I have mingled with yorubas for many years and there is no yoruba life style i dnt kno.
They lie alot just to tarnish other people image.
So thosr links are void for me.. coz i kno they are all own by yoruba blogger.

Come to ikeja lets count scores..
See wat ur ugly dirty sisters are doing here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Year Experience With My Fellow Yoruba And Igbo Corpers. by TooEasy: 9:10pm On Oct 06, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
oga the problem wiith you is that you are naïve...small things like this generate into tribal wars,that is why I don't post some topics on NL.there are people here who sleep and eat on tribal bashing.You made an honest mistake,next time just share general NYSC experience and don't mention tribes,lots of kids here,I do agree with most of your observation,but NL bigots messed up your thread..sowei
Why I'am amazed is that I never insulted any tribe or call them names that was why I was bold to mention tribes specifically in the post but one mentally deranged dude just came and started spewing thrash that I'am after igbo women. Thanks bro. Your advise is noted.

5 Likes

Re: A Year Experience With My Fellow Yoruba And Igbo Corpers. by OILSOUP: 9:14pm On Oct 06, 2016
NIGHTMARE007:

Yes o..
While our neighbours hump from one bed to another.

lwkmd! haba! igbo girl igbo girl just becos of the small oil loot going round.

From Dangote to Otedola non are billionnaires in the Bill Gate sense of the word, they are all government aided billionaires or front men.

If we say let us have a level playing field, who can stand an Igbo man in Business? None!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Year Experience With My Fellow Yoruba And Igbo Corpers. by Nobody: 9:14pm On Oct 06, 2016
somegirl1:

I don't even know what gbedu means. I've never heard it used in conversation in the East.
I only know what ogbeni might mean because that was our Yoruba driver's nickname.
Baba might be used as a nickname, usually for a thug. No Igbo family I know refers to their father as baba.
Igbos wouldn't say "pele" to each other but they probably would to you.

The other words you've listed have now been incorporated into pidgin. You'd only hear such words from people who once lived in the south west or have had dealings with south westerners. And probably used for your benefit.
It's just like saying you speak Igbo in the south west because you say "una", "tey" (as in e don tey), "gbam" etc.
So, no hun, the majority of us don't understand Yoruba.
u must be somwhere very remote in d east o chai! gringrin
And u can lie o? grin grin That's lie to tell anyone that has never bn to d east.
I can list many more eg;
Agbero, Aso ebi etc

4 Likes

Re: A Year Experience With My Fellow Yoruba And Igbo Corpers. by Nobody: 9:15pm On Oct 06, 2016
TooEasy:

I said "looking for trouble" not causing trouble. The looking for trouble I meant is not related to violence. And I said they like look for trouble jokingly which could be in form of pranks or seriously which could be in form of just disturbing intentionally. And how to know the ones that grew up in their region or not: once you interact with them you would know. Hope I've answered you ?

You didn't answer the question. Someone playing pranks and jokes is a friendly person. Nothing in your post suggests any form of malice or mischief from your Igbo colleagues.

You are very judgemental. "Once you interact with them, you would know"!! What's that supposed to mean. What form of interaction differentiate the two groups?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Year Experience With My Fellow Yoruba And Igbo Corpers. by Nobody: 9:18pm On Oct 06, 2016
OILSOUP:

lwkmd! haba! igbo girl igbo girl just becos of the small oil loot going round.
From Dangote to Otedola non are billionnaires in the Bill gate sense of the word, they are all government aided billionaires or front men.
If we say let us have a level playing field, who can stand an Igbo man in Business? None!

Fact!.. none of them can
They use national oil money to enrich themselves... IF NOT OIL NONE CAN COMPETE WITH IGBOS.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Year Experience With My Fellow Yoruba And Igbo Corpers. by OILSOUP: 9:20pm On Oct 06, 2016
NIGHTMARE007:

Fact!.. none of them can
They use national oil money to enrich themselves... IF NOT OIL NONE CAN COMPETE WITH IGBOS.

Tomorrow wen guys like E money come out to drive Bentley, one Abo.ki and Afonja kid will be following him to drag road with their daddy oil loot Bentley.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Year Experience With My Fellow Yoruba And Igbo Corpers. by somegirl1: 9:21pm On Oct 06, 2016
Onijagidijagan:

And u can lie o? grin grin That's lie to tell anyone that has never bn to d east.
I can list many more eg;
Agbero, Aso ebi etc

I'm a frugal liar luv.
Like I said in my previous post, many of those words have been incorporated into pidgin.
An easterner who can't or doesn't speak pidgin wouldn't use those words.

7 Likes

Re: A Year Experience With My Fellow Yoruba And Igbo Corpers. by Nobody: 9:21pm On Oct 06, 2016
OILSOUP:

Tomorrow wen guys like E money come out to drive Bentley, one Abo.ki and Afonja kid will be following him to drag road with their daddy oil loot Bentley.

Lmao
Re: A Year Experience With My Fellow Yoruba And Igbo Corpers. by CSTR2: 9:24pm On Oct 06, 2016
Onijagidijagan:

I can list many more eg;
Agbero, Aso ebi etc

Aso-ebi? grin You are seriously deluded.
The moment you leave benin-ore, the Yoruba language fades away into insignificance.

4 Likes

Re: A Year Experience With My Fellow Yoruba And Igbo Corpers. by TooEasy: 9:28pm On Oct 06, 2016
gbosaa:

You didn't answer the question. Someone playing pranks and jokes is a friendly person. Nothing in your post suggests any form of malice or mischief from your Igbo colleagues.

You are very judgemental. "Once you interact with them, you would know"!! What's that supposed to mean. What form of interaction differentiate the two groups?
Bros answer the question yourself! Seems no one can satisfy you not even yourself. I'm I also judgemental with my assertion that igbos are creative, open-minded, fun to be with etc. Even the yorubas that I observed to be notorious are not launching attack. Kindly satisfy yourself whichever way.

6 Likes

Re: A Year Experience With My Fellow Yoruba And Igbo Corpers. by OILSOUP: 9:29pm On Oct 06, 2016
NIGHTMARE007:

Lmao

Guy go ask any igbo guy the shit they pass through before they got a break through, it is so annoying wen these over fed monkeys start rubbing shoulder with proceeds of loot.

They are fake and an abomination, i say this with all conviction.

Imagine if history have taken a different road and the first republic had continued with no corruption, i am certain many of this over fed monkeys would be the beggars we see on the street.

They just dont have wat it takes to make it, let alone drive those cars.

4 Likes

Re: A Year Experience With My Fellow Yoruba And Igbo Corpers. by somegirl1: 9:34pm On Oct 06, 2016
TooEasy:

Why I'am amazed is that I never insulted any tribe or call them names that was why I was bold to mention tribes specifically in the post but one mentally deranged dude just came and started spewing thrash that I'am after igbo women. Thanks bro. Your advise is noted.

You didn't insult but your sample size was too small and there was a hint of bias in your submission. It was almost as though you saw what you wanted to see.
Also, there were contradictions like open-mindedness and preferring to stick with one's own, in one sentence. It would have made a good read if it was simply about your mates and not about entire groups.
But hey, it's your observation and opinion and you shouldn't be crucified for it.
Best wishes for the future.

5 Likes

Re: A Year Experience With My Fellow Yoruba And Igbo Corpers. by Nobody: 9:36pm On Oct 06, 2016
OILSOUP:

Guy go ask any igbo guy the shit they pass through before they got a break through, it is so annoying wen these over fed monkeys start rubbing shoulder with proceeds of loot.

They are fake and an abomination, i say this with all conviction.
Imagine if history have taken a driven road and the first republic had continued with no corruption, i am certain many of this over fed monkeys would be the beggars we see on the street.
They just dont have wat it takes to make it, let alone drive those cars.

Thats d truth my brother and dats its important we get our own country..
Injustice is too much
Re: A Year Experience With My Fellow Yoruba And Igbo Corpers. by oboy3(m): 9:38pm On Oct 06, 2016
TooEasy:

Bros answer the question yourself! Seems no one can satisfy you not even yourself. I'm I also judgemental with my assertion that igbos are creative, open-minded, fun to be with etc. Even the yorubas that I observed to be notorious are not launching attack. Kindly satisfy yourself whichever way.
I AM IGBO

i am the exact opposite of most of the things you described about my People, pls next time, try not to generalise a tribe of 10+ millions of people with few peeps you met

Thank

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Stunning Calisthenics Display By Corpers In Kaduna (Photos) / Is There Age Limit For Nysc Eligibility For Graduates? / A16 Enugu Corpers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.