Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:02 AM

Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt (29523 Views)

Rochas Okorocha Poses With Kelechi Iheanacho & His 'Squad' In Imo Govt House.PIC / OWERRI REFUSE: Okorocha Has Subjected Imo People To Torture —REP / Rochas Okorocha Inspects Traditional Guard Of Honour Attached To Imo Govt House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt by tinziemaine(m): 12:37am On Oct 07, 2016
OWERRI—IMO State Government yesterday, affirmed that it deliberately abandoned the mountain of smelly refuse along the ever busy Douglas Road, Owerri, to get back at the indigenes who have been fighting the administration.

Governor Rochas Okorocha’s Chief Press Secretary, CPS, Mr. Samuel Onwuemeodo, made the disclosure during an early morning public accountability phone-in programme anchored by Hot 99.5 FM, Owerri.

“Government deliberately abandoned the refuse along Douglas Road, Owerri, to get back at Owerri people who have been battling the state government, over the relocation of the market”, Onwuemeodo said.

The Governor’s CPS, who poured invectives on the leadership and indigenes of Owerri municipality, also fumed that “Owerri people must be made to understand that they cannot eat their cake and have it.”

He further explained that “there is a court order restraining government from tampering with the market and this also explains why we left the refuse.”
Most of the citizens who called into the programme, described the abandonment of the huge refuse as “a damnable plot to inflict hardship and disease on the people and not to respect a court order.”

A caller, who simply identified himself as Amanze, wondered why and how a government should deliberately hoist pain and disease on its people, in a democracy.

“From what the Governor’s Press Secretary has said, it is now very clear that the palpable hatred which Owerri people have been complaining about is real,” Amanze said.

While recalling that Owerri used to be the cleanest city in Nigeria, Amanze, however, said that “the Governor must hate Owerri so much to allow this level of devastation and dirt in the city.”

My Deputy not incoming Governor of Imo —Okorocha

Meantime, the Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha has said that his Deputy, Eze Madumere will not succeed him as the next Governor of the state, even as he said that those who will assume the leadership of the state in 2019 will be politicians who are “rescue mission compliant.”

Okorocha spoke yesterday at Concord Hotel, Owerri, during the launch of the book written by Mr Peter Clever titled: Eze Madumere: A True Manifestation of a Loyal Prince.”

He said: “I have not decided who will be the next Governor of Imo state. I want to also tell you that, this is not a launch for a path for Madumere as the incoming governor of the state. I want to say this before you start to distort the political landscape of Imo State.

“But he is my son in whom I am well pleased. I have confidence in him. The joy of an aging father is to see the son rising.”
Kano Governor urges him to shun sycophants

Also speaking at the book launch, the Kano State Governor, Abdulahi Umar Ganduje, has advised his counterpart Governor Rochas Okorocha, to desist from listening to sycophants if he wants to go far in governance.

“ For you as a governor to succeed in the affairs of governance, you must shun sycophants. Sycophancy is a deadly disease in government. It is HIV in governance.”

On his opinion about the Deputy Governor of Imo State, Prince Eze Madumere, he said: “I congratulate you for being loyal to your governor and also for the
confidence the governor reposes in you.”

However, he said that deputy governors should act according to the situation they found themselves and not to engage in any activity that would undermine the relationship they have with their superiors.

“With what we have seen today, you have helped and are still helping to move Imo State forward. I am happy that, what has been written is an honest contribution of the deputy governor to the development of the entire state. The subject of the book has portrayed your loyalty to the governor,” he said.

Okorocha snatched Imo from political hyenas —Akintola

Also speaking at the book launch, a lawyer and Senior Advocate of Nigeria, SAN, Adeniyi Akintola said that the Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha, snatched the State from political “hyenas.”

“Okorocha snatched the patrimony of Imo State from political hyenas who are busy feeding their stomach,” adding that, he could go ahead in explaining how Okorocha started with his deputy.

“ I consider it as a great honour to come and chair the occasion of a book launch written in honour of the Deputy Governor of Imo state, Prince Eze Madumere,“ he said.

www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/owerri-refuse-we-deliberately-left-it-to-punish-indigenes-imo-govt/

Re: Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt by Fowarding(m): 12:40am On Oct 07, 2016
Na our owerri be dis oooh city of NGWORI...FTC

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt by Blue3k(m): 12:46am On Oct 07, 2016
Impeach this idiot. If he engaged in collective punishment against his own citezens for hurting his feeling. Leaving this much trash is a health risk, tax naira is being collected without the task they were budgeted for being carried out. Nonsense government.

We have literal psychopaths as leaders. Does anyone understand in a democracy how many people are involved to carry out such an order. If buhari wants instant cool points let him jail governor cockroache.This is beyond currupt but crimal and as usual State Assembly sits down passively. They don't care about well being of state. If they do they should impeach him.

124 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt by mandax: 1:00am On Oct 07, 2016
Deputy Madumere was not Rescue Mission compliant?
Lol.
Perhaps, because Madumere revealed to the public earlier this year that Gov Okorocha did 75% of his development infrastructures in Owerri alone.
But observers believe that Okorocha did up to 95% of his development infrastructures in Owerri.
Can anyone point out any land mark development project of Okorocha outside Owerri?
Don't talk about those C. Roads.

Ha ha ha, Peter C. Opara sang like a bird praising Ohakim all the four years.
He now sings for Rocha. Is AGIP Opara not the Hyena? Hunger de hammer vanity writers for Naija.

That Kano governor was apt: a true leader has to avoid sycophants.

7 Likes

Re: Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt by mandax: 1:14am On Oct 07, 2016
Fowarding:
Na our owerri be dis oooh city of NGWORI...FTC

Ngwori? Lol.

Let Owerri people visit Orlu and see the real anguish imposed on the people of Orlu by Okorocha.
Orlu roads were scrapped and abandoned for four years going.
Beg Okorocha to asphalt the scrapped roads, cajole him, criticize him - you are wasting your time.

11 Likes

Re: Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt by TPAND(f): 2:00am On Oct 07, 2016
Okorocha is a classical example of wrong persons in government. What the heck! You creating an eyesore and environmentally polluting your state to punish the people you have their mandates.

Oooo Nature! You gave us a good climate, good weather, good natural resources but the sense is a colossal no no

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt by bonechamberlain(m): 2:02am On Oct 07, 2016
There is no difference between Rochas and yahoo boys, the most fraudulent personality in the history of mankind. angry Smh

91 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt by ABEngine(m): 2:07am On Oct 07, 2016
To the youths,

#TakeBackYourStates

#TakeBackYourCountry

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt by Caseless: 2:36am On Oct 07, 2016
I just checked the name of the chief press secretary and the state he's talking from.

If it was due to court order that they couldn't clear the place, I can understand. But getting at your own people in this manner is way not cool.

3 Likes

Re: Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt by Nobody: 2:49am On Oct 07, 2016
Caseless:
I just checked the name of the chief press secretary and the state he's talking from.

If it was due to court order that they couldn't clear the place, I can understand. But getting at your own people in this manner is way not cool.
wailing form has finished

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt by Blue3k(m): 3:14am On Oct 07, 2016
“there is a court order restraining government from tampering with the market and this also explains why we left the refuse.”

Can anyone site the order and for what reason? Why would court leave garbage on road harming people health and risk disease? Why can't people hire private person to put up trash?

“Government deliberately abandoned the refuse along Douglas Road, Owerri, to get back at Owerri people who have been battling the state government, over the relocation of the market”, Onwuemeodo said.

This sounds unbelievable collective punishment of citezens. Anyway courts need to be applied. State assembly need to impeach Govenor cockroach if he's doing such an act.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/owerri-refuse-we-deliberately-left-it-to-punish-indigenes-imo-govt/

5 Likes

Re: Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt by mrvitalis(m): 3:16am On Oct 07, 2016
Seriously Rochas is a criminal i have known for years. .. My elder brother slapped me because i told him this man was a criminal

How can one do charity and spend money to show it for one hour on national tv.. . Monry u can use to help more people??

Imo people rejected emeka ihedioha because he was an mbaise man (same marginalization igbos complain about) so we should enjoy it

But this man has ended APC chance in imo

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt by SamuelAnyawu(m): 3:35am On Oct 07, 2016
Gooodbye To APC in Imo State grin grin grin grin

Rochas the Greatest scammer of all Times

Imolites will never forgive you.....

Well 2019 is just 2years away

#IStandWithSamDaddy 2019

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt by futurenix(m): 4:07am On Oct 07, 2016
The Imo citizens are also part of this rubbish.

Why not start dumping your refuse infront of the government house or other government agencies to allocate some of it to them too.

Imagine Douglas road becoming massive refuse dump.

BTW Would advise any visitor in owerri whether stranded or otherwise not to walk carelessly there at night, it's becoming a constant robbery zone.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt by Blue3k(m): 4:29am On Oct 07, 2016
futurenix:

Why not start dumping your refuse infront of the government house or other government agencies to allocate some of it to them too.

BTW Would advise any visitor in owerri whether stranded or otherwise not to walk carelessly there at night, it's becoming a constant robbery zone.

I'm not saying to do it but if somebody were serious moving refuge. They would rent out a trash truck(s). Shovel all the trash into said truck(s) and dump it on a weekend. Then call media to go take pictures and post it on blogs. Those persons would leave sign explaining why such an act would be done as well.

Maybe Govenor cockroach would give those good citezens awards since he likes dirty environments.

2 Likes

Re: Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt by Pavore9: 4:32am On Oct 07, 2016
Imagine how dimmed the mind of Imo State government is? angry angry angry

Punishing its citizens with uncollected pile of refuse!

13 Likes

Re: Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt by Philistine(m): 6:26am On Oct 07, 2016
What do u expect from dirtiest tribe in d country. Very pathetic people

4 Likes

Re: Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt by newbornmacho(m): 7:09am On Oct 07, 2016
Where are people like Abagworo and one other lady, I think Beremx , let's see how they will spin the schizophrenic, fat pig out of this one. Shameless money miss road, ipob are hopefully waiting for the idiot in London.

12 Likes

Re: Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt by Nobody: 7:25am On Oct 07, 2016
It's a lie
Re: Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt by Justiceleague1: 7:31am On Oct 07, 2016
Blue3k:
Impeach this idiot. If he engaged in collective punishment against his own citezens for hurting his feeling. Leaving this much trash is a health risk, tax naira is being collected without the task they were budgeted for being carried out. Nonsense government.

We have literal psychopaths as leaders. Does anyone understand in a democracy how many people are involved to carry out such an order. If buhari wants instant cool points let him jail governor cockroache.This is beyond currupt but crimal and as usual State Assembly sits down passively. They don't care about well being of state. If they do they should impeach him.

even buhari is punishing nigerians...okocroacha is as evil as the apc party he represents...

And do u know he has also left and abadoned and ported HeartlandFC to RELEGATION? grin grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt by Flets: 7:33am On Oct 07, 2016
How exactly did Imo indigenes elect this dofus for a second term?

5 Likes

Re: Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt by Boleyndynasty2(f): 7:38am On Oct 07, 2016
I gave up on Rochas long time ago, I didn't even know that road is now this bad and yet they have a Governor. I actually blame imo people not Rochas undecided let them suffer for their stupidity

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt by otukpo(f): 7:42am On Oct 07, 2016
Okoroacha is really insane.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt by dEastActivist: 7:43am On Oct 07, 2016
Why can't the IMO lawmakers begin the processes of his impeachment.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt by Abagworo(m): 8:10am On Oct 07, 2016
otukpo:
Okoroacha is really insane.

Don't write on what you know little or nothing about. Douglas road has been a big problem for successive Goverments and nothing tangible can be done without at least demolishing part of and temporarily relocating all of the markets along that road. Those opposing the reconstruction of Douglas road are doing so out of politics and not interest of Imolites. All the past Governments attempted to reconstruct Douglas and all failed but I believe Okorocha will succeed. Watch out next year how Douglas road will look.

1 Like

Re: Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt by Abagworo(m): 8:13am On Oct 07, 2016
futurenix:

Douglas road has never been neat. It is a part of Owerri my grandparents, my parents and I have always avoided plying right from the day I was born till date.
Re: Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt by LORDOFAFONJAS: 8:14am On Oct 07, 2016
mrvitalis:
Seriously Rochas is a criminal i have known for years. .. My elder brother slapped me because i told him this man was a criminal

How can one do charity and spend money to show it for one hour on national tv.. . Monry u can use to help more people??

Imo people rejected emeka ihedioha because he was an mbaise man (same marginalization igbos complain about) so we should enjoy it

But this man has ended APC chance in imo
are you TECHNICALLY wailing? grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt by Nkemtreasure: 8:16am On Oct 07, 2016
Court order? If there was any order at all, it was on the market but this rubbish is on the road not in the market.
Was there no court order when he decided to demolish Ihenacho's fence? This press secretary should remember that he is just a political appointee and can be sacked at will. Ask Uche Ogbuagu, the former SSG and others.

2 Likes

Re: Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt by Abagworo(m): 8:24am On Oct 07, 2016
futurenix:

I'm glad you wrote some of the reasons the market should be removed and the road expanded. Ihedioha was not rejected as an Mbaise man but because he campaigned on grounds of being an Mbaise man whereas Mbaise is minority with only 3 LGAs. Okorocha did not campaign on grounds of being an Orlu man despite Orlu being majority with 12 LGAs and Onuimo + Mbaitoli politically affiliated to make it 14 and Ohaji/Egbema subtracted making it 13.

As per Douglas road I believe Okorocha will take the glory in the end.

3 Likes

Re: Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt by nonsobaba: 8:41am On Oct 07, 2016
Do you see how cowish that man reasons? And later some people will say that he is an Igbo man. Imo state is sinking everyday with that fulani sperm as their governor.

11 Likes

Re: Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt by sarutobie(m): 8:53am On Oct 07, 2016
Abagworo:

Douglas road has never been neat. It is a part of Owerri my grandparents, my parents and I have always avoided plying right from the day I was born till date.
this man I just quoted is unbelievably ridiculous! Lord! let me not be put in a situation that I will have to mortgage my conscience and soul for a crumb of bread defending a politician...

18 Likes

Re: Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt by hazyfm1: 9:01am On Oct 07, 2016
shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Court Nullifies Creation Of New Emirates In Kano / Yoruba Obas In The North Reject Secession, Kick Against Ban On Open Grazing / Wike: PDP's Chances Brighter If Bala Mohammed Emerges Presidential Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.