Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:27 PM

Travelex To Commence Sales Of Forex To Bdcs Today - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Travelex To Commence Sales Of Forex To Bdcs Today (13602 Views)

CBN Suspends 19 Banks From Forex Sale To BDCs / CBN Resumes Dollar Sales To BDCs / CBN To Banks: Sell Forex To BDCs - Nairametrics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Travelex To Commence Sales Of Forex To Bdcs Today by Truth234(m): 4:07am On Oct 07, 2016
Travelex, an international money transfer agent, will commence the sales of forex to the 3,000 registered Bureaux De Change operators in the country on Friday.

According to the President, Association of Bureau De Change Operators of Nigeria, Aminu Gwadabe, the sum of $15,000 will be disbursed to each of the 3,000 BDC operators in the country, and estimated that about $45 million will flow into the system.

He further stated that the improvement from the previously approved $10,000 weekly, would strengthen the Naira against the dollar and ease forex scarcity.

“Remittances have direct positive and significant impact on consumption, investment, and demand in the country as it can be used to address short-run output shocks, and even long-run growth,” Gwadabe explained.

The integrity of Travel would be key in getting the dollars to the BDC operators and “urged BDC operators” to visit the CBN branches in their respective region for biometric data capturing by Travelex.

“The biometric data capturing would enable the BDC operators to access the International Money Transfer Operators /Travelex dollars window, which would start very soon,” he added.

“We want to commend the CBN for reaffirming the country’s commitment to building an enabling environment and a level-playing field for international money transfer services to Nigeria. By increasing the number of the IMTOs from three to 14, the CBN under its Governor, Godwin Emefiele, will set the economy on the path of development in the medium to long term and restore integrity in the international money transfer business.”

“This is commendable, and should boost economic activities in the country,” said Samed Olukoya, a foreign exchange research analyst at Investors King Ltd.

http://investorsking.com/travelex-to-commence-sales-of-forex-to-bdcs-today/

3 Likes

Re: Travelex To Commence Sales Of Forex To Bdcs Today by samuelchimmy(m): 4:19am On Oct 07, 2016
ok GOOD MORNING NAIRALAND

ITS

CRAZYNAIJADUDE

Re: Travelex To Commence Sales Of Forex To Bdcs Today by SamuelAnyawu(m): 4:25am On Oct 07, 2016
That's Nice

1 Like

Re: Travelex To Commence Sales Of Forex To Bdcs Today by datopaper(m): 4:48am On Oct 07, 2016
Am tired of 'they want to...' let them. Let dollar fall,
Let buy cheap food, clothes and shelter, pls

1 Like

Re: Travelex To Commence Sales Of Forex To Bdcs Today by modath(f): 5:00am On Oct 07, 2016
I really wish i could be hopeful but the folks with billions of stolen naira stashed in safes and farms will mop up whatever is brought in with the quickness for onward transfer to their numerous foreign accounts....

Nigeria is a peculiar country, what has worked and is still working in other countries almost never do here, it's like there is something (apart from corruption duh) defective in naija's genetic makeup that just doesn't want to be great!!!

We may solely be import dependent but we all know importers don't require more than 40-50% of forex in the system, proceed of corruption is what is majorly chasing forex upandan.

62 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Travelex To Commence Sales Of Forex To Bdcs Today by malele(m): 5:05am On Oct 07, 2016
This measure would have been taken since.

3 Likes

Re: Travelex To Commence Sales Of Forex To Bdcs Today by malele(m): 5:27am On Oct 07, 2016
modath:
I really wish i could be hopeful but the folks with billions of stolen naira stashed in safes and farms will mop up whatever is brought in with the quickness for onward transfer to their numerous foreign accounts....

Nigeria is a peculiar country, what has worked and is still working in other countries almost never do here, it's like there is something (apart from corruption duh) defective in naija's genetic makeup that just doesn't want to be great!!!

We may solely be import dependent but we all know importers don't require more than 40-50% of forex in the system, proceed of corruption is what is majorly chasing forex upandan.

You are correct, people will buy up the dollar and hoard it again to create scarcity.

9ja is a country were normal rules don't work

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelex To Commence Sales Of Forex To Bdcs Today by Truth234(m): 6:03am On Oct 07, 2016
modath:

That is why Travelex introduced compulsory biometric registration before selling to BDC operators. It will curb their activities to some extent and help boost liquidity in the market. Maybe that is why some of the BDC operators are reluctant to register.

Don't forget Travelex also sell dollars as well, so this move will ease the economic gridlock. Just the announcement already bolstered Naira value on the parallel market.

Edited When I said the above this morning, I didn't know it will be this fast. Travelex has dropped price from N470 to N356 per dollar within 12 hours. Better days ahead modath.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Travelex To Commence Sales Of Forex To Bdcs Today by veekid(m): 6:57am On Oct 07, 2016
Praise the Lord
Re: Travelex To Commence Sales Of Forex To Bdcs Today by divide9ja: 6:59am On Oct 07, 2016
PLEASE NIGERIANS, LETS GIVE RESPECT WHERE RESPECT IS DUE!

IT TAKES TALENT TO MAKE NIGERIA GO FROM THE 4TH WORLDS GROWING ECONOMY TO RECESSION IN LESS THAN A YEAR!

IT TAKES TALENT TO MAKE NAIRA LOOSE MORE THAN TWICE IT'S VALUE IN LESS THAN A YEAR!
I MEAN WHEN B00HARI GOT IN, NAIRA WAS N216 TO $1, NOW IT'S N495 TO $1

NOT EVEN ABACHA COULD DO THIS!

IT ALSO TAKES A SPECIAL MAN TO BE TOTALLY UNEDUCATED, YET RULING THE EDUCATED.

NOT FORGETTING THAT HE IS DEAF grin

I MEAN B00HARI IS AN ENGIMA , WORTHY TO BE STUDIED grin grin grin

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelex To Commence Sales Of Forex To Bdcs Today by Taeewo(m): 6:59am On Oct 07, 2016
ok
Re: Travelex To Commence Sales Of Forex To Bdcs Today by martineverest(m): 7:00am On Oct 07, 2016
Truth234:

That is why Travelex introduced compulsory biometric registration before selling to BDC operators. It will curb their activities to some extent and help boost liquidity in the market. Maybe that is why some of the BDC operators are reluctant to register.

Don't forget Travelex also sell dollars as well, so this move will ease the economic gridlock. Just the announcement already bolstered Naira value on the parallel market.
i dont trust nigerians....the travelex can connive with these corrupt people to hoard it further

5 Likes

Re: Travelex To Commence Sales Of Forex To Bdcs Today by Ebimablog: 7:00am On Oct 07, 2016
Hope this won't bring naira dollar rate to 400? It should remain at 500 please

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelex To Commence Sales Of Forex To Bdcs Today by ozor1: 7:02am On Oct 07, 2016
modath:

ive been chanting this for years now..i call them cabals or evil men..they're in every sector of the Nigerian economy, not just forex!! My solution.. Killl all the politicians In Nigeria. .spare no one.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelex To Commence Sales Of Forex To Bdcs Today by Pavore9: 7:03am On Oct 07, 2016
Ebimablog:
Hope this won't bring naira dollar rate to 400? It should remain at 500 please

N500?.....You are not wishing Nigeria well o! cheesy cheesy Though N500 favours me! cool

5 Likes

Re: Travelex To Commence Sales Of Forex To Bdcs Today by david22uu(m): 7:03am On Oct 07, 2016
The dollar will crash to 420n/$ in 2 weeks time

1 Like

Re: Travelex To Commence Sales Of Forex To Bdcs Today by Dcaliphate(m): 7:04am On Oct 07, 2016
Confused Government.
Re: Travelex To Commence Sales Of Forex To Bdcs Today by Miles300: 7:05am On Oct 07, 2016
Welcome develop the Cbn should as well regulate the activites of the banks as well , u can't buy from the interbank fx markets at 310 and sell at 410 to customers , stanbic ibtc still have the best rates at 380... All of this hike in the fx rates in it's self is corruption ... Sometin should be done on this .. It's not only to chase looters ..

2 Likes

Re: Travelex To Commence Sales Of Forex To Bdcs Today by Nobody: 7:06am On Oct 07, 2016
I wish it will work this time around
Re: Travelex To Commence Sales Of Forex To Bdcs Today by chumaster(m): 7:06am On Oct 07, 2016
okay, but is dollar also the reason why Nysc doesn't want to mobilise all eligible prospective corp members?

Abeg make una support my sisi by clicking the facebook link on my signature and like her photo. Datz allsmiley
Re: Travelex To Commence Sales Of Forex To Bdcs Today by Nobody: 7:07am On Oct 07, 2016
Miles300:
Welcome develop the Cbn should as well regulate the activites of the banks as well , u can't buy from the interbank fx markets at 310 and sell at 410 to customers , stanbic ibtc still have the best rates at 380... All of this hike in the fx rates in it's self is corruption ... Sometin should be done on this .. It's not only to chase looters ..
plz bro do u have access to the stanbic rate iam interested
Re: Travelex To Commence Sales Of Forex To Bdcs Today by eluquenson(m): 7:08am On Oct 07, 2016
I hope the sale will crashes the price of fx ar the parallel mkt
Re: Travelex To Commence Sales Of Forex To Bdcs Today by Kaybee14(m): 7:08am On Oct 07, 2016
That's good. Hopefully, the pressure on the naira will reduce to an extent in the coming days with this development.
Re: Travelex To Commence Sales Of Forex To Bdcs Today by Miles300: 7:09am On Oct 07, 2016
ozor1:
ive been chanting this for years now..i call them cabals or evil men..they're in every sector of the Nigerian economy, not just forex!! My solution.. Killl all the politicians In Nigeria. .spare no one.
A time will come that we will have a leader that will hold all of this politicians accountable old an present and all assets will be forfeited , and they will aly be swept into jail ... They are the problems with this nation not the people directly .. And everyone of them must go !! Before Nigeria will be great again .. Canker worms

1 Like

Re: Travelex To Commence Sales Of Forex To Bdcs Today by ibkgab001: 7:09am On Oct 07, 2016
Adupe
Re: Travelex To Commence Sales Of Forex To Bdcs Today by izzy4shizzy(m): 7:10am On Oct 07, 2016
Same old news same old poor result

I dont believe what I read anymore
Re: Travelex To Commence Sales Of Forex To Bdcs Today by babdap: 7:11am On Oct 07, 2016
The most annoying thing is that naira would be strengthened until 1 dollar is 1000 abi.
Re: Travelex To Commence Sales Of Forex To Bdcs Today by Miles300: 7:12am On Oct 07, 2016
kevinscore:

plz bro do u have access to the stanbic rate iam interested
u can apply for there naira master card , and pay stuffs online with at the rate of 380 for a dollar ... Am not in the country I only use mine to withdraw dollar here from my master card and nd pay for online transactions at that rate and they are consistent with there rates .. For months now ..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelex To Commence Sales Of Forex To Bdcs Today by Flets: 7:17am On Oct 07, 2016
There is no short cut to economic positives. If we don't fix our balance of trade deficits, Travelex cant do nothing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelex To Commence Sales Of Forex To Bdcs Today by donbrowser(m): 7:17am On Oct 07, 2016
Even before implementing these rules, the BDCs already have their plabs
Truth234:

Re: Travelex To Commence Sales Of Forex To Bdcs Today by alizma: 7:18am On Oct 07, 2016
modath:

God bless you dear. can you just imagine that $450m is expected to have significant impact on the exchange rate when those thieves we call leaders have our stolen billions of dollars in there person account elsewhere. unfortunately most of the BDCs are owned by these unscrupulous people. the moment this money is released, the next thing they do is raise fictitious receipt to mop it up for onward transfer to their foreign account then the country finds itself in square one again.

2 Likes

Re: Travelex To Commence Sales Of Forex To Bdcs Today by Adesiji77: 7:25am On Oct 07, 2016
Cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Naira Gains On Liquidity Boost / CAC To Delist Over 91,000 Companies Over Infractions / Where Can I Get Polyethylene LDPE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.