Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,323 members, 7,808,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:54 AM

He Lost His Job, His Wife Left Him By Joseph edgar - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / He Lost His Job, His Wife Left Him By Joseph edgar (27548 Views)

Lady Hails Father Who Lost His Hands But Still Works As A Builder (Photos) / "My Wife Left Me When I Lost My Job, She Wants Me Back Now There Is Money?" / Woman Dumps Her Husband After He Lost Bank Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Lost His Job, His Wife Left Him By Joseph edgar by Nobody: 4:36pm On Oct 07, 2016
seen smiley
handsam:

Check your email. wink
Re: He Lost His Job, His Wife Left Him By Joseph edgar by Nobody: 4:36pm On Oct 07, 2016
ItsQuinn:
You've given the best answer smiley
Uw. grin
Re: He Lost His Job, His Wife Left Him By Joseph edgar by Nobody: 4:44pm On Oct 07, 2016
you are not serious grin....when i was asking you, you were dodging the question, now someone else has answered it, you're now saying "Uw" taking someone else glory, SMH! grin
VikingsOO7:

Uw. grin

2 Likes

Re: He Lost His Job, His Wife Left Him By Joseph edgar by ChessEnthusiast: 4:47pm On Oct 07, 2016
PaulIdu:

I can't blame any party here because from experience I know 99 percent of Nigerian women marry to take financial burden of their parent and alleviate any small poverty disturbing them , so when the factor that joined them in marriage in the first place is missing they immediate cut rope and tend to move on ..My advise to men is to know the reason why a girl has agreed to marry you, is it because of your job, your looks,your temperament, your ambition or just to prove a point that she can get married.. marry a girl that loves you for no reason and make sure you love her deeply just for that reason ..
No girl loves you for any reason. There's always a sting attached. fact!

2 Likes

Re: He Lost His Job, His Wife Left Him By Joseph edgar by joinnow: 4:50pm On Oct 07, 2016
Bible for help her.
Note Bible stands for Basic instructions before leaving Earth
Re: He Lost His Job, His Wife Left Him By Joseph edgar by 5minsmadness: 5:07pm On Oct 07, 2016
misspicy:

The people that started it should stop it.

Ladies will never agree to stop it first. They are not as mature as us guys wink

3 Likes

Re: He Lost His Job, His Wife Left Him By Joseph edgar by misspicy(f): 5:13pm On Oct 07, 2016
5minsmadness:

Ladies will never agree to stop it first. They are not as mature as us guys wink
Guys started it,let them stop it first tongue

1 Like

Re: He Lost His Job, His Wife Left Him By Joseph edgar by Ngokafor(f): 5:13pm On Oct 07, 2016
......Family section has way too many idiotic boys spewing trash like they know what they are talking about..

...Matured folks have long left this section for these immature jokers...let them enjoy themselves here..i am sure it makes their lives worth living.

1 Like

Re: He Lost His Job, His Wife Left Him By Joseph edgar by EfemenaXY: 5:15pm On Oct 07, 2016
Shym3xx:

You're right. When you meet women looking for meal tickets (most of the women who're like that don't even hide it) and the reason why they're with you is basically cos you can provide/give them what they want. You should know that it's temporary and more of a "business" relationship that will fall apart once you stop feeding the cow. That's a no brainer.

As a guy, when selecting a partner, on a long term basis - it should always be about who you're, not what you're. Once a woman is with you cos of ya natural aura, something she can feel, but can't really point to. She'll always be there for the long haul, no matter what happens on the outside. Except you push her away.

These guys just get loose coins and start feeling themselves. And the next thing they always do is to buy a wife. grin

Absolutely.

Spot on.
Re: He Lost His Job, His Wife Left Him By Joseph edgar by natical(m): 5:18pm On Oct 07, 2016
Re: He Lost His Job, His Wife Left Him By Joseph edgar by OCtheKing: 5:23pm On Oct 07, 2016
eyinjuege:
Dear blogger,

Women equally leave rich people for whatever reason.
Did your friend turn to the Lion of the tribe of anger after his job loss?
Did he become unbearable to live with?
What was his relationship with his wife like before he lost his job?
Your own mother wasn't and wouldn't be the only who has supported her husband in difficult times.
We see women hustling everyday to support their families despite some of their husbands not bringing in anything to the table. In fact, millions of women in Nigeria do that. Go to the market, you will see women carrying heavy load for others even while heavily pregnant, go to construction sites, go to banks, hospitals, civil service, just to name a few. All in a bid to make their families live a better life.
In a bid to paint your mother as a saint and your father as a man who's sole purpose in life is to eat afang soup, you really don't need your friend's marital and financial woes to do that.
I can see u lack moral upbringing

3 Likes

Re: He Lost His Job, His Wife Left Him By Joseph edgar by steppin: 5:25pm On Oct 07, 2016
montezz:

I suggest that you read their posts again. This time slowly until you get the points they are trying to make.
No, read my post again. This time slowly. They're trying to justify leaving a man when he's broke.
If a man maltreats you, why wait till he's broke before leaving him? Waiting till he's broke qualifies you as a gold digger. Cos the only reason why you endured was because of his money.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Lost His Job, His Wife Left Him By Joseph edgar by eyinjuege: 5:26pm On Oct 07, 2016
OCtheKing:
I can see u lack moral upbringing

And you're just like a bungalow, with nothing upstairs.
Re: He Lost His Job, His Wife Left Him By Joseph edgar by steppin: 5:36pm On Oct 07, 2016
ItsQuinn:
But is it understandable to leave your husband when he's using your hard earn money for oloshos? smiley
If your hubby cheats on you, divorce him, it's allowed. But when you wait for him to go broke before doing that, it simply means you were just with him for the money.

4 Likes

Re: He Lost His Job, His Wife Left Him By Joseph edgar by Nobody: 5:42pm On Oct 07, 2016
What an eyesore....
Re: He Lost His Job, His Wife Left Him By Joseph edgar by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 07, 2016
I cant divorce my hubby because he cheats or cheated on me and i won't divorce him because he went broke, i will only divorce him if he's irresponsible or a violent man smiley
steppin:

If your hubby cheats on you, divorce him, it's allowed. But when you wait for him to go broke before doing that, it simply means you were just with him for the money.
Re: He Lost His Job, His Wife Left Him By Joseph edgar by steppin: 5:49pm On Oct 07, 2016
ItsQuinn:
I cant divorce my hubby because he cheats or cheated on me and i won't divorce him because he went broke, i will only divorce him if he's irresponsible or a violent man smiley
I don die! grin why are you ladies against the op na?

1 Like

Re: He Lost His Job, His Wife Left Him By Joseph edgar by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 07, 2016
i think you are misunderstanding me, I'm not against the OP smiley
steppin:

I don die! grin why are you ladies against the op na?
Re: He Lost His Job, His Wife Left Him By Joseph edgar by 5minsmadness: 6:03pm On Oct 07, 2016
VikingsOO7:

Me think Seun should start giving out awards for the "most intelligent comment of the year".
[/b]
smiley cool
Re: He Lost His Job, His Wife Left Him By Joseph edgar by missjo(f): 6:13pm On Oct 07, 2016
thorpido:
I agree it's bad and that was why I made that statement of singing the song,'where is the love'.I was actually asking the MEN where the love is because i've observed the bashing and putting down of women and I understand the frustrations and anger that comes with it and the reactions of the ladies to it.

Family section used to be for matured and married people but a lot of boys who probably moved from romance section have infiltrated the section and that's the reason for a lot of childish and irrational comments.I want to believe some do it just for some evil fun,the same way they do tribal bashings.However,overal it's still a bad thing because it could poison some impressionable young readers who might think it's cool to treat women with disrespect.
It's better not to take comments online too seriously,this male versus female thing I see here isn't exclusive to nairaland funny enough. Visit other forums populated by South Africans, British, or Americans, there's always some sort of war going on and this is why I believe most of it is done deliberately to hurt the opposite sex which going by the complaints here, seems to be working.

You've got a good partner like I'm sure you do,and I've got a good man in my life, why then should comments from people I'm not married to or dating cause me so much distress.
I see all the back and forth,most of the time I laugh it off and forget about it all once I close the nairaland tab on my browser.

1 Like

Re: He Lost His Job, His Wife Left Him By Joseph edgar by eyinjuege: 6:15pm On Oct 07, 2016
5minsmadness:

Some women are so filled with bitterness and guilt that they see all threads as female bashing threads. None of them came out to praise the op's mother for her steadfastness and courage, all they saw was op bashing a woman for leaving her matrimonial home even when its obvious from the story that it was the wrongest time to do so as that was when the man needed her the most.
They are quick to praise the deserter and insult the one that stayed to support her man. And yet they say they are the ones being victimised.

Lol in spanish!

What you don't seem to understand is that the Bloggers mother's story is the typical life of an average Nigerian woman. Nigerian women are hardworking and resilient.

There are so many women I admire, and they're young women just raising small children. So not even in the category of "women of old".
Women who are the support of their husbands financially, emotionally with words of encouragement, prayerfully, everything........ fully.

Women most times make the house tick. You know that feeling of despair(maybe that's too strong) or boredom that settles over the home when the mother travels?

I'm not talking of all these boyfriend- girlfriend University or secondary school love.

Let's learn to appreciate them.

How many Nigerian men are rich? The guy in the story looking for a job, was he even rich in the first place? Someone that lost a job bringing in 60K too will say the reason his wife left him was because of that?
The blogger is a third person to the narrative (I'm not even talking of the OP now o), this is his friend he hasn't been in touch with for a while, he actually forgot him and kept him waiting all morning till closing time, and the next thing is that he got a message that the wife left him because he lost his job.

There are hundreds of thousands /millions of jobless men this period in Nigeria, and yet their wives haven't left them. The needs in the home are still being met albeit everyone has toned down their lifestyles.

If he wanted to praise his mother, he should do so without bringing his friend's story in. I'm very sure he's not as close to the "friend" as he'd like us to believe, and definitely doesn't know the dynamics of the marriage. His friend may not have been a saint in the marriage, and only those wearing the shoes know where it pinches. Some people are over suspicious when they have no cash, unbearable when broke, they're aggressive when hungry and will always transfer their aggressions. Leaving a marriage isn't such an easy decision as we all seem to think.
Reading the post, I didn't garner genuine concern over his "friend", just another story to gloat over his own good luck and 'wisdom' in managing his affairs when he lost his own job, and then to as usual vilify Nigerian women.
Meanwhile, why does everyone free their parents and siblings are the best thing to ever come on earth the most righteous, yet feel other people's siblings and parents are not?

5 Likes

Re: He Lost His Job, His Wife Left Him By Joseph edgar by HCF(m): 6:21pm On Oct 07, 2016
PaulIdu:

I can't blame any party here because from experience I know 99 percent of Nigerian women marry to take financial burden of their parent and alleviate any small poverty disturbing them , so when the factor that joined them in marriage in the first place is missing they immediate cut rope and tend to move on ..My advise to men is to know the reason why a girl has agreed to marry you, is it because of your job, your looks,your temperament, your ambition or just to prove a point that she can get married.. marry a girl that loves you for no reason and make sure you love her deeply just for that reason ..
I quite agree with most of the things u said. But, is it possible for a lady to love a guy for no reason at all?. I don't think so. Same goes for a guy: he can't possibly love a lady for no reason....There must be something somewhere somehow...

2 Likes

Re: He Lost His Job, His Wife Left Him By Joseph edgar by missjo(f): 6:22pm On Oct 07, 2016
misspicy:

True talk.

I don't expect to see women bashing on family section,but I am always disappointed because even the assumed men(who will paint their own wives as angels on earth) will join in on the paradeā€¦

Could be for fun or trolling
Which is why I don't take it to heart,used to think family section was restricted to married folk

When guys in romance section diss women,its understandable when ladies there feel bad.but married women with husbands in family section shouldn't feel it an inch because they're not here to look for suitors. That is single and searching behaviour.
Re: He Lost His Job, His Wife Left Him By Joseph edgar by Shym3xx: 6:23pm On Oct 07, 2016
ChessEnthusiast:

No girl loves you for any reason. There's always a sting attached. fact!

That means there's no "love" involved in the first place, hence folks say, "love is blind".

Though I'm not a believer in "love" when it comes to romance due to how cliche/transparent the word is today. However, once there are strings attached - it's fake and not real. And as a guy, you should always have that at the back of ya mind before you end up with a serpent that will elope once the strings are gone. Don't be a victim like the guy this thread is about. grin

Re: He Lost His Job, His Wife Left Him By Joseph edgar by CoCoLav(f): 6:35pm On Oct 07, 2016
Abegi! All this one is talk. Common ordinary dating, you stand by a man when he has nothing and when he makes money he will leave you for another girl because he suddenly believes he can do better.

See them talking about loyalty like they know what it means. Apparently only Nigerian men deserve loyalty, women don't.

1 Like

Re: He Lost His Job, His Wife Left Him By Joseph edgar by bukatyne(f): 6:48pm On Oct 07, 2016
neocortex:
There are disloyal wives who are prone dump their husband whenever
he is faced with challenges so are some husbands who will abandon their
wives.

However, some marriages have broken up long time ago, but the couple pretends
as if everything is okay, even though the only reason the wife
remains with her husband in such marriages is for financial stability.
Whenever the man can no longer provide for the family financially or the
woman become financially independent, the marriage crumbles.

Then you hear story of evil women who dump their husband because he lost
his job.

Very correct.

1 Like

Re: He Lost His Job, His Wife Left Him By Joseph edgar by bukatyne(f): 6:54pm On Oct 07, 2016
Smoke2015:

http://josephedgarng..com.ng/2016/10/diary-he-lost-his-job-his-wife-left-him.html?m=1

@OP:

Your mom is not a rare breed; there are several like her.

There are too many poor/average Nigerian men married to assume their wives are in for the money.

I also agree with you that a woman who leaves a broke good husband is not a good wife.

Broke cheats and abusers shouldn't complain; they no longer bring 'value' to the table.

1 Like

Re: He Lost His Job, His Wife Left Him By Joseph edgar by thorpido(m): 6:58pm On Oct 07, 2016
missjo:

It's better not to take comments online too seriously,this male versus female thing I see here isn't exclusive to nairaland funny enough. Visit other forums populated by South Africans, British, or Americans, there's always some sort of war going on and this is why I believe most of it is done deliberately to hurt the opposite sex which going by the complaints here, seems to be working.

You've got a good partner like I'm sure you do,and I've got a good man in my life, why then should comments from people I'm not married to or dating cause me so much distress.
I see all the back and forth,most of the time I laugh it off and forget about it all once I close the nairaland tab on my browser.
True talk
However @ bolded,it has affected some people so much they de-activated their accts.

1 Like

Re: He Lost His Job, His Wife Left Him By Joseph edgar by missjo(f): 7:08pm On Oct 07, 2016
thorpido:
True talk
However @ bolded,it has affected some people so much they de-activated their accts.
Well then,we all can't have the same personalities at the end of the day.
Re: He Lost His Job, His Wife Left Him By Joseph edgar by favexx(f): 7:47pm On Oct 07, 2016
Dyt:

This got me LOL
cheesy cheesy cheesy
I don laugh die...dat comment is greater dan murder
Re: He Lost His Job, His Wife Left Him By Joseph edgar by sexymalato: 7:54pm On Oct 07, 2016
winkNawah, when some ladies. Are out there searching for a man. Abeg u guys should link me up with the man jare, let me collect him sharply, am a resident of abuja , men don scarce for here. Walahi 07019341195 .
Re: He Lost His Job, His Wife Left Him By Joseph edgar by Alegirl: 7:54pm On Oct 07, 2016
What makes you think that the fertility issue wasnt with Gov Seriaki? Has it occured to you that perhaps its the wife who stood by him; putting her body through series of trauma and Hormonal changes whilst undergoing fertility so they could become parents?

Do you know the dynamics of their relationship? And take it from a Nigerian in Diaspora that not everyone living in the abroad is doing ok. Some middle class nigerians (and i mean those who are even renting homes etc) are still waaayyyyy better off than Nigerians in the disapora so dont assume that because someone went to the abroad, automatically the person is doing great. You dont even know if the woman is mopping because she is unhappy with other aspects of her life and not the unsuccessful marriage.

Leave him jare,that is they mentality,there is delay is the woman issue not even thinking that it might be the man

my friend uncle had the same issue when he lost his job,He put the blame on his wife,started maltreating her transferring his anger on her and family member were blaming the woman that she is not patience enough,she saw hell until she left.The man good and responsible friends made him saw his wrong that when he had to go and beg his wife back,and she put up with him until he got a job after 4years.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

5 Sure Ways To Stop Feeling Insecure In Your Relationships / Nigerian Woman Who Many Called Barren Gives Birth At 40 Years Old (photos) / Please How Do I Handle This With My Wife And Her Brother.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.