Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,925 members, 7,806,685 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:48 PM

Traditionalists Parade The Streets Of Benin Ahead Of Crown Prince's Coronation - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Traditionalists Parade The Streets Of Benin Ahead Of Crown Prince's Coronation (53292 Views)

Olubadan Palace Shooting;Traditionalists,Ibadan War Lords Families Visit Ajimobi / Ezelekhae Ewuare: The Crown Prince Of Benin Kingdom Unveiled In Edo (Photos) / Oba Adeyemi Adediran Ordained As Pastor 13 Years After His Coronation (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traditionalists Parade The Streets Of Benin Ahead Of Crown Prince's Coronation by MENELIK1: 3:42pm On Oct 08, 2016
Liability:
Benin people are fearless

yoloba people are coward..... Fearful like a derange girl.

Yoruba makes sound like this when they are scared, " yee yee yee yee yee mo ti ku oooo"

check his trouser, there is urine in it already.
Yoruba grew to an empire in pre colonial history, they defeated the fulanis at the battle of Osogbo in 1840, then your fore fathers were walking naked, forget what the Osus are saying about Yoruba people they are yet to recover from 1967-1970 bashing from gallant Yoruba soldiers. Lastly it is wrong to make comparison between the Yorubas and the Benins rather compare benin with sectional Yoruba like the Ijebus, egbas and the rest but don't use Ibadan, it is almost like the size of Edo state. Man Pass man, no be by mouth
Re: Traditionalists Parade The Streets Of Benin Ahead Of Crown Prince's Coronation by macof(m): 3:46pm On Oct 08, 2016
Ontarget:

And yet there is widespread poverty and hunger. Who has the "superb culture" helped?

are you this stupid? what african government operates with african culture? They all follow western and Arab culture that keeps failing africa
Re: Traditionalists Parade The Streets Of Benin Ahead Of Crown Prince's Coronation by macof(m): 3:50pm On Oct 08, 2016
IEDA:
Actually it is the bini blood that flows in every yoruba monarch...if you have studied the history of ekhaladeran/oduduwa you'll know this but from your name i can see that you've been in the bush for way to long to know where sanity lies...

who told you this? Ekaladerhan grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
bini and inferiority complex towards yorubas is just epic. And it wasn't always like this o. .. There was a time Bini were proudly in brotherhood with the Yoruba kingdoms
Re: Traditionalists Parade The Streets Of Benin Ahead Of Crown Prince's Coronation by Liability(m): 3:54pm On Oct 08, 2016
MENELIK1:

Yoruba grew to an empire in pre colonial history, they defeated the fulanis at the battle of Osogbo in 1840, then your fore fathers were walking naked, forget what the Osus are saying about Yoruba people they are yet to recover from 1967-1970 bashing from gallant Yoruba soldiers. Lastly it is wrong to make comparison between the Yorubas and the Benins rather compare benin with sectional Yoruba like the Ijebus, egbas and the rest but don't use Ibadan, it is almost like the size of Edo state. Man Pass man, no be by mouth
yea u r right. Come and collect ilorin na. Fulani have been nyashing u people in ur back yard. More emirs in Yoruba land.
Re: Traditionalists Parade The Streets Of Benin Ahead Of Crown Prince's Coronation by macof(m): 3:58pm On Oct 08, 2016
domido:
there are two kingdoms in the world; Benin kingdom and United kingdom.

undecided really? Bini and self delusions

Benin kingdom is dead, incorporated into Edo state

If we are to talk about existing kingdoms we talk of Morocco, Denmark, Netherlands, Swaziland

I took the liberty to get you a full list of Kingdoms in the world
http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0775675.html

as you can see, Benin is only a city. .controlled by Edo state government not a kingdom
Re: Traditionalists Parade The Streets Of Benin Ahead Of Crown Prince's Coronation by macof(m): 4:02pm On Oct 08, 2016
MrPresident1:
When they are through with all the rights in Benin, Omonoba son of Oba must first visit Ile-Ife, the ancestral and spiritual home of his forebears to pay homage to the chief priest of Oduduwa, the Ooni.

When he is through with Ile-Ife, he will now visit Oyo, to greet the Alaafin.

grin grin Ooni is the Arole(Heir) of oodua. . it's Obadio that is the chief priest(Aworo) of Oodua

1 Like

Re: Traditionalists Parade The Streets Of Benin Ahead Of Crown Prince's Coronation by macof(m): 4:12pm On Oct 08, 2016
Udmaster:
Why are yorubas trying to claim Benin? Leave them alone.
Oba of Benin is the ORIGINAL OBA. every other oba is just an imitation.
Smh Conies

Nah. . bini people have been showing for some years that they want to be as far away from yoruba as possible. .it's cus they can't stand staying around us without feeling intimidated which the bini pride cannot accept.

but we claim what is ours - The Oba of Benin. .who is a yoruba son

1 Like

Re: Traditionalists Parade The Streets Of Benin Ahead Of Crown Prince's Coronation by MENELIK1: 4:16pm On Oct 08, 2016
Liability:
yea u r right. Come and collect ilorin na. Fulani have been nyashing u people in ur back yard. More emirs in Yoruba land.
We have gone beyond that, an Oba in Benin and an Olu in Warri, Yoruba rules, forget osu Igbos!
Re: Traditionalists Parade The Streets Of Benin Ahead Of Crown Prince's Coronation by macof(m): 4:28pm On Oct 08, 2016
cekhoe:
on point, to think they brought up that evidently fake story about how oduduwa or whatever brought sand and a chicken used his feet to spread the sand and that was how the earth was formed, all in the name of trying to claim supremacy.At least they should have cooked up a better lie that will be believable to all, let them keep waiting for him to come and pay homage to their appointed oba. Oba gha tor okperé, Ise!

undecided how many times will you dummies be told that it is a yoruba tale of creation. .. just like you have your bini story that says your ancestor Idu created land with those same materials
don't insult yoruba for the same thing you are guilty of

infact, Before oba of Benin or ogiso or anything like kingdoms, Yoruba and Benin were one people it's no wonder how myth of creation is similar. ..even the name Idu and Oduduwa/Oodua could be linked

The oduduwa of creation is an irunmole, with several cults around yorubaland and whose chief priest is Obadio. ..That oduduwa is different from the oduduwa who came from Oke-Ora (not bini) to become Ooni
don't mix myths of spirituality with actual history
Re: Traditionalists Parade The Streets Of Benin Ahead Of Crown Prince's Coronation by Liability(m): 4:32pm On Oct 08, 2016
MENELIK1:

We have gone beyond that, an Oba in Benin and an Olu in Warri, Yoruba rules, forget osu Igbos!
oba of kano, kaduna,borno? Biitch please. Afonja!
Re: Traditionalists Parade The Streets Of Benin Ahead Of Crown Prince's Coronation by Nobody: 4:51pm On Oct 08, 2016
macof:

Nah. . bini people have been showing for some years that they want to be as far away from yoruba as possible. .it's cus they can't stand staying around us without feeling intimidated which the bini pride cannot accept.

hehehehe, yorubas have it all, from backstabbing, to eye service, to slimmy and corky, and now to spreading of fables just to feel good about themselves, we Binis know exactly who we are and all those stupid fables have been proven to be all lies with glaring facts, so afonja and all those waiting to see the oba of Benin in Ile ife, una go wait tire, the oba will be crowned and the sky will not fall, and he will do so with any worthless visit to the afonjas, get that into your thick skulls you and your eye service afonjas on this thread
Re: Traditionalists Parade The Streets Of Benin Ahead Of Crown Prince's Coronation by AreaFada2: 4:55pm On Oct 08, 2016
aycorporat:

God bless you for the enlightenment sir. that brings me to another question is the ogiso lineage different from other era of Obas or it was just some break? Besides who was Queen Idia and how important was she to Benin history? thank you so much

The break between Ogiso era & post Ogiso era is where the famous Benin-Ife/Yoruba controversy stems from. It boils over from time to time.

Over the years, I have commented on them. They are still here to be seen.

To begin with, I am a Benin-Yoruba hybrid & clarity & truth in the matter is most important to me than one side striving to claim superiority.

Ogiso Owodo was the last Ogiso. The break came because there was no heir. This is called the interregnum period.

Prince Ekaladerhan was the heir to Owodo. But the Prince's step-mother called Esagho schemed to get him killed. Faking a message from an oracle priest, and claiming that only his death would avert disaster in Benin. Sadly & reluctantly Owodo accepted it, for the welfare of his Kingdom.

But the Isiewmenro (Royal Executioners) who took the prince to the forest to sacrifice could not bear to kill him. They made him swear an Oath never to return to Benin but run for his dear life. He did. He travelled towards Owo (70 miles due North-West of Benin). Then he moved towards a village now called Ife. Ife is also roughly 70 miles West of Owo. So he entered Ife from the East. A prediction Ife people had been given about a ruler coming from the East.

With time back in Benin, Esagho could not produce an heir as she had hoped. Owodo later got suspicious and sent other emissaries to the oraclist. That was when the scam was revealed. But it had become known that Ekaladerhan through divinity was in fact alive but he could not be traced in Owodo's life time. So the crown remained vacant. So Evian (now Ogiamien family) became ruler as the most powerful local chieftain of Igodomigodo (as Benin was called then) but NOT a King.

In the meantime, Ekaladerhan has found fortune in Ife & made king. He exclaimed that "Izoduwa" meaning I have been favoured/achieved my destiny. This became Ododuwa. A similar corruption of name would happen to Ododuwa's grandson in Benin two generations later. The exclamation "Owomika" in Youruba became Eweka I of Benin.

In fact my relative is the duke/chief of the ancient village (actually now part of Benin metropolis) where Eweka made that exclamation in About 1170 AD. In just over a week from now, The Crown Prince will be making a similar exclamation (at exactly same spot as 800 years ago) near my relative's ducal palace. That exclamation is what his Title & name will become for life.

And all his children and descendants will henceforth bear that name as surname. Except his first son who will chose his own regnal name when crowned in the future.

Ekaladerhan was known to be alive already so the search continued for decades. Until he was traced to Ife. He refused to return, having sworn an oath not to. But he sent his son "Omonoyan", basically meaning beloved child. What was called Oranmiyan by Ife people.

Oranmiyan was accompanied by yoruba courtiers including Oloton. Chief Oloton today remains in charge of Royal ancestral shrine. Oranmiyan's son Eweka I restored the monarchy in Ogiso line. Benin people were ready to keep the stool vacant for decades then, just like they did while Ovonramwen was in exile in Calabar for 17 years.

So Ife people came to be very welcome in Benin & seen as our relatives. Even after Oranmiyan left.

Now we all know Yoruba versions of Ododuwa: from coming from the Sky to coming from Mecca. Judge for yourself what is scientifically possible.

Idia was the mother of Oba Esigie. Esigie ruled from 1504 to 1550. Idia was the wife of Oba Ozolua. Both her husband and son go down in history as successful warrior Kings/emperors.

She was a warrior Queen Mother with her own Royal Regiment personally commanded by her at war front. She played a major role in helping Esigie expand the empire. Europeans even accompanied Esigie to wars in Eastern Yorubaland & extolled Benin war tactics including Ifianyako (encirclement) of enemy soldiers.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Traditionalists Parade The Streets Of Benin Ahead Of Crown Prince's Coronation by MENELIK1: 5:03pm On Oct 08, 2016
2dugged:
hehehehe, yorubas have it all, from backstabbing, to eye service, to slimmy and corky, and now to spreading of fables just to feel good about themselves, we Binis know exactly who we are and all those stupid fables have been proven to be all lies with glaring facts, so afonja and all those waiting to see the oba of Benin in Ile ife, una go wait tire, the oba will be crowned and the sky will not fall, and he will do so with any worthless visit to the afonjas, get that into your thick skulls you and your eye service afonjas on this thread
I challenge the Oba of Benin and you to spell the word "OBA" using Benin alphabets
Re: Traditionalists Parade The Streets Of Benin Ahead Of Crown Prince's Coronation by macof(m): 5:07pm On Oct 08, 2016
2dugged:

grin grin no bini Person will talk like this. igbo man claiming bini
filthy thing

1 Like

Re: Traditionalists Parade The Streets Of Benin Ahead Of Crown Prince's Coronation by MENELIK1: 5:07pm On Oct 08, 2016
AreaFada2:

The break between Ogiso era & post Ogiso era is where the famous Benin-Ife/Yoruba controversy stems from. It boils over from time to time.

To begin with, I am a Benin-Yoruba hybrid & clarity & truth in the matter is most important to me than one side striving to claim superiority.

Ogiso Owodo was the last Ogiso. The break came because there was no heir. This is called the interregnum period.

Prince Ekaladerhan was the heir to Owodo. But the Prince's step-mother called Esagho schemed to get him killed. Faking a message from an oracle priest, and claiming that only his death would avert disaster in Benin. Sadly & reluctantly Owo accepted it, for the welfare of his Kingdom.

But the Isiewmenro (Royal Executioners) who took the prince to the forest to sacrifice could not bear to kill him. They made him swear an Oath never to return to Benin but run for his dear life. He did. He travelled towards Owo (70 miles due North-West of Benin). Then he moved towards a village now called Ife. Ife is also roughly 70 miles West of Owo. So he entered Ife from the East. A prediction Ife people had been given about a ruler coming from the East. With time Esagho could not produce an heir as she had hoped. Owodo later got suspicious and sent other emissaries to the oraclist. That was when the scam was revealed. But it had become known that Ekaladerhan through divinity was in fact alive but he could not be traced in Owodo's life time. So the crown remained vacant. But Evian (now Ogiamien family) became ruler as the most powerful local chieftain of Igodomigodo (as Benin was called then) but NOT a King.

In the meantime, Ekaladerhan has found fortune in Ife & made king. He exclaimed that "Izoduwa" meaning I have been favoured/achieved my destiny. This became Ododuwa. A similar corruption of name would happen Ododuwa's grandson in Benin two generations later. The exclamation "Owomika" in Youruba became Eweka I of Benin. In fact my relative is the duke/chief of the ancient village (actually now part of Benin metropolis) where Eweka made that exclamation in About 1170 AD. In just over a week from now, The Crown Prince will be making a similar exclamation near my relative's ducal palace. That exclamation is what his Title & name will become for life. And all his descendants will henceforth bear that name as surname. Except his first son who will chose his own regnal name when crowned in the future.

Ekaladerhan was known to be alive already so the search continued for decades. Until he was traced to Ife. He rfused to return, having sworn an oath not to. But he sent his son "Omonoyan", basically meaning beloved child. What was called Oranmiyan by Ife people. Oranmiyan was accompanied by yoruba courtiers including Oloton. Chief Oloton today remains in charge of Royal ancestral shrine. Oranmiyan's son Eweka I restored the monarchy in Ogiso line. Benin people were ready to keep the stool vacant for decades then, just like they did while Ovonramwen was in exile in Calabar for 17 years.

So Ife people came to be very welcome in Benin & seen as our relatives. Even after Oranmiyan left.

Now we all know Yoruba versions of Ododuwa: from coming from the Sky to coming from Mecca. Judge for yourself what is scientifically possible.

Idia was the mother of Oba Esigie. Esigie ruled from 1504 to 1550. Idia was the wife of Oba Ozolua. Both her husband and son go down in history as successful warrior Kings/emperors.

She was a warrior Queen Mother with her own Royal Regiment personally commanded by her at war front. She played a major role in helping Esigie expand the empire. Europeans even accompanied Esigie to wars in Eastern Yorubaland & extolled Benin war tactics including Ifianyako (encirclement) of enemy soldiers.
This Epistle won't change anything, let the Oba of Benin change his title to something not Yoruba, then we can take the Benin people serious
Re: Traditionalists Parade The Streets Of Benin Ahead Of Crown Prince's Coronation by Nobody: 5:07pm On Oct 08, 2016
MENELIK1:

I challenge the Oba of Benin and you to spell the word "OBA" using Benin alphabets
the symbol is not here, the O is Ó upside down
Re: Traditionalists Parade The Streets Of Benin Ahead Of Crown Prince's Coronation by MENELIK1: 5:09pm On Oct 08, 2016
Liability:
oba of kano, kaduna,borno? Biitch please. Afonja!

E pain am! Please mind your BP sha
Re: Traditionalists Parade The Streets Of Benin Ahead Of Crown Prince's Coronation by Nobody: 5:20pm On Oct 08, 2016
macof:

grin grin no bini Person will talk like this. igbo man claiming bini
filthy thing
I implore you to go through my profile and find out for yourself if I truly am an ovbiedo kpataki like I claim,and please I am a woman, I don't know why it is so hard to believe, we as neighbors to the yorubas have always known their character, we just choose not to make it a big deal, that we don't say it doesn't mean we don't know, so don't be so shocked that a Bini person is saying your true character to your face, especially when you are trying to claim Bini as part of yoruba
Re: Traditionalists Parade The Streets Of Benin Ahead Of Crown Prince's Coronation by MENELIK1: 5:40pm On Oct 08, 2016
2dugged:
the symbol is not here, the O is Ó upside down
Please address the topic!
Re: Traditionalists Parade The Streets Of Benin Ahead Of Crown Prince's Coronation by Nobody: 5:42pm On Oct 08, 2016
MENELIK1:
Please address the topic!
that is what I am doing
Re: Traditionalists Parade The Streets Of Benin Ahead Of Crown Prince's Coronation by Ejaisky: 6:14pm On Oct 08, 2016
inikamoze:
If I hear say rain fall for Benin throughout the coronation ceremony...make I half.
Lol
Re: Traditionalists Parade The Streets Of Benin Ahead Of Crown Prince's Coronation by macof(m): 6:14pm On Oct 08, 2016
AreaFada2:

Prince Ekaladerhan was the heir to Owodo. But the Prince's step-mother called Esagho schemed to get him killed. Faking a message from an oracle priest, and claiming that only his death would avert disaster in Benin. Sadly & reluctantly Owo accepted it, for the welfare of his Kingdom.

But the Isiewmenro (Royal Executioners) who took the prince to the forest to sacrifice could not bear to kill him. They made him swear an Oath never to return to Benin but run for his dear life. He did. He travelled towards Owo (70 miles due North-West of Benin). Then he moved towards a village now called Ife. Ife is also roughly 70 miles West of Owo. So he entered Ife from the East. A prediction Ife people had been given about a ruler coming from the East. With time Esagho could not produce an heir as she had hoped. Owodo later got suspicious and sent other emissaries to the oraclist. That was when the scam was revealed. But it had become known that Ekaladerhan through divinity was in fact alive but he could not be traced in Owodo's life time. So the crown remained vacant. But Evian (now Ogiamien family) became ruler as the most powerful local chieftain of Igodomigodo (as Benin was called then) but NOT a King.

In the meantime, Ekaladerhan has found fortune in Ife & made king. He exclaimed that "Izoduwa" meaning I have been favoured/achieved my destiny. This became Ododuwa. A similar corruption of name would happen Ododuwa's grandson in Benin two generations later. The exclamation "Owomika" in Youruba became Eweka I of Benin. In fact my relative is the duke/chief of the ancient village (actually now part of Benin metropolis) where Eweka made that exclamation in About 1170 AD. In just over a week from now, The Crown Prince will be making a similar exclamation near my relative's ducal palace. That exclamation is what his Title & name will become for life. And all his descendants will henceforth bear that name as surname. Except his first son who will chose his own regnal name when crowned in the future.

Ekaladerhan was known to be alive already so the search continued for decades. Until he was traced to Ife. He rfused to return, having sworn an oath not to. But he sent his son "Omonoyan", basically meaning beloved child. What was called Oranmiyan by Ife people. Oranmiyan was accompanied by yoruba courtiers including Oloton. Chief Oloton today remains in charge of Royal ancestral shrine. Oranmiyan's son Eweka I restored the monarchy in Ogiso line. Benin people were ready to keep the stool vacant for decades then, just like they did while Ovonramwen was in exile in Calabar for 17 years.

You cannot know more about Ife or how oduduwa became king better than Ife and the entire yoruba tradition institutions

I'm not saying this to insult or hurt the pride of Binis. ..I admire Bini and the General Yoruba people see Binis as brothers
But for the reason of not distorting history I need to make certain things clear

1. Ekaladerhan has never in any Yoruba tradition been connected to oduduwa, infact Ekaladerhan is unknown outside Bini and it's environs. The urhobo don't know him, the Esan don't know him
this whole Ekaladerhan episode began with the late oba of Benin. .the hostility between bini royal house against Yorubas started with Oba Akenzua.. I hope the new Oba can set things straight and not follow that path

2. In Ife, a prince elected by the kingmakers must journey to Oke-Ora to collect the crown of oduduwa ( although this is a quick made counterfeit with leafs and wood as the original is in the possession of the Owa of Idanre). The original crown of oduduwa was taken by his younger brother Aremitan when he left Ife after the death of oduduwa, at that time there was pressure from the family of Obatala which later usurped the throne.

So the story of oduduwa, although not known by many is still intact and known, you only have to reach out to the right sources
so how come oduduwa had a brother if he was Ekaladerhan? How come oduduwa had a crown if he was Ekaladerhan? Ekaladerhan wasn't said to have left Igodomigodo with a crown
Bini certainly don't know this, listening to many of you binis that I have encountered trying to connect to Ekaladerhan, you only bank on the ignorance of the majority of yorubas on their history. .. most of these things are only open to those who are initiated to the traditional cults. .and today because of foreign religions and colonial mentality people see that as evil, and run away from it, thereby running away from knowledge.. you binis also are ignorant of oduduwa, because you are not yoruba, not much about oduduwa was taken to bini so you Listen to pseudo historians who say things like oduduwa came from mecca etc and things like oduduwa came from the east (although true Oke-Ora is at the eastern outskirts of Ife towards Ijesa but our father didn't come from Bini area) and want to make benefits out of that.
If more about oduduwa hadn't been a Awo (initiation matter/mystery), you wouldn't get the chance to take this Ekaladerhan story this far

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Traditionalists Parade The Streets Of Benin Ahead Of Crown Prince's Coronation by Ubenedictus(m): 7:47pm On Oct 08, 2016
MENELIK1:

I see u are joking, can ibadan compare to the bini empire in its prime that span into ondo, ekiti, lagos, delta... Who did ibadan rule? You are comparing a clan to an empire.

1 Like

Re: Traditionalists Parade The Streets Of Benin Ahead Of Crown Prince's Coronation by Ubenedictus(m): 7:50pm On Oct 08, 2016
macof:

who told you this? Ekaladerhan grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
bini and inferiority complex towards yorubas is just epic. And it wasn't always like this o. .. There was a time Bini were proudly in brotherhood with the Yoruba kingdoms
Until ooni made the mistake of calling the oba his son during a curtesy visit.

who has inferiority complex? akensua who visited or d ooni who was trying to exult himself, fantasizing dat d oba is his son.

1 Like

Re: Traditionalists Parade The Streets Of Benin Ahead Of Crown Prince's Coronation by Ubenedictus(m): 7:53pm On Oct 08, 2016
macof:

OR because one ooni was intimidated by akensua and thought the best way to exult himself was to call akensua his son, instead of father and elder brother.

1 Like

Re: Traditionalists Parade The Streets Of Benin Ahead Of Crown Prince's Coronation by Ubenedictus(m): 7:54pm On Oct 08, 2016
MENELIK1:

since when yoruba get alphabet?

1 Like

Re: Traditionalists Parade The Streets Of Benin Ahead Of Crown Prince's Coronation by macof(m): 8:23pm On Oct 08, 2016
Ubenedictus:
OR because one ooni was intimidated by akensua and thought the best way to exult himself was to call akensua his son, instead of father and elder brother.
why would ooni call akensua father and elder brother... infact how can one be father and elder brother to the same person use ur head
Re: Traditionalists Parade The Streets Of Benin Ahead Of Crown Prince's Coronation by macof(m): 8:27pm On Oct 08, 2016
Ubenedictus:
Until ooni made the mistake of calling the oba his son during a curtesy visit.

who has inferiority complex? akensua who visited or d ooni who was trying to exult himself, fantasizing dat d oba is his son.
well oranmiyan is a son of oodua, ooni is Odua. and the oba of benin is a son of the son of oodua. so infact the oba of benin is the Ooni`s grandson tongue. wishing thinking and lying to yourself wont change a thing.
Re: Traditionalists Parade The Streets Of Benin Ahead Of Crown Prince's Coronation by Ubenedictus(m): 9:35pm On Oct 08, 2016
macof:
well oranmiyan is a son of oodua, ooni is Odua. and the oba of benin is a son of the son of oodua. so infact the oba of benin is the Ooni`s grandson tongue. wishing thinking and lying to yourself wont change a thing.
Here we disagree, here bini and yoruba disagree, ooni and omo n'oba disagree. and naturally binis wil reject ur land claiming advances.
Re: Traditionalists Parade The Streets Of Benin Ahead Of Crown Prince's Coronation by odigbosky(m): 9:37pm On Oct 08, 2016
I beg the yorubas here to please leave us alone. We are doing our coronation rites. As for those who did not witness today's ceremony. It was fun, the crowd was so much, I mean so much, this is not even the main coronation. You need to see the majesty of king, there is none like him in Nigeria, no Oba like Oba of Benin.......I was part of today's ceremony, I will tell my sons about it....Ediaken gha to kpere...ise!!!

Re: Traditionalists Parade The Streets Of Benin Ahead Of Crown Prince's Coronation by Ubenedictus(m): 9:39pm On Oct 08, 2016
macof:
why would ooni call akensua father and elder brother... infact how can one be father and elder brother to the same person use ur head
Because d bini stool begot d ife stool, and if i understand correctly d oonis are descendants of oramiyan which makes bini an elder brother as eweka is d eldest of oramiyans descendants. father and elder brother.

1 Like

Re: Traditionalists Parade The Streets Of Benin Ahead Of Crown Prince's Coronation by macof(m): 10:01pm On Oct 08, 2016
Ubenedictus:
Here we disagree, here bini and yoruba disagree, ooni and omo n'oba disagree. and naturally binis wil reject ur land claiming advances.

nobody is claiming your land grin grin We are claiming our property - the Obaship we gave to you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Oba Abdulrasheed Akanbi Buys Innoson G-wagon For 2nd Coronation Anniversary / Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) / An Encyclopedia Of Animals In Igbo Language

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.