Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,560 members, 7,809,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:38 PM

Couple Robbed On Their Wedding Day In Benue State (photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Couple Robbed On Their Wedding Day In Benue State (photo) (49140 Views)

Man Caught Raping His 13-Year-Old Daughter In Delta State (Photo) / "I Was Mercilessly Slapped And Robbed On The Eko Bridge" - Nigerian Lady / Lady Robbed On Eko Bridge Last Night Narrates Her Traumatizing Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Couple Robbed On Their Wedding Day In Benue State (photo) by ijustdey: 9:00pm On Oct 07, 2016
An Assistant Inspector of Nigeria Prisons Service attached to Otukpo Division, John Itodo was in the early hour of Friday robbed at gun point with his bride, Jesse and other family members while returning from their traditional marriage.

Mr. Itodo, younger brother to Yemi Itodo, an Abuja based Media Practitioner, had concluded a traditional marriage rite with his bride in Etulo, a suburb of Katsina-Ala local government of Benue State on Thursday and was to move to Otukpa in Ogbadibo LGA same day for their wedding ceremony billed for Saturday.

The vehicle carrying the newly married couple, however, broke down in Aliade, Gwer LGA and the couple and some family members had to sleep over at Aliade.

“As early as 4 am on Friday, we set out for onward movement to Otukpa and the journey was smooth until we got to a place called Atlo, after Otukpo.

“We saw a military check-point by 6am with about 5 soldiers on uniform, fully armed, flagging down our car and we parked”, a family source disclosed to our correspondent.

Speaking further, the source said “We thought they were genuine soldiers because they were kitted with Army Uniform and carrying weapons. They also blocked the federal road with logs of wood and lanterns on both sides of the road, to suggest it was a military or police check-point.

“One of them entered our vehicle and asked the driver to move towards a path in the bush while the rest unknown’ soldiers’ were following with legs.

“They took us to a nearby bush and dispossessed us of a large sum of money and all our belongings, including a professional video camera and photo camera with the memory card which contained all our marriage activities yesterday”.

He said the matter has been reported at the Otukpo Police Area Command.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/10/07/couple-robbed-wedding-day-benue-state/

1 Like

Re: Couple Robbed On Their Wedding Day In Benue State (photo) by chocolateme(f): 9:01pm On Oct 07, 2016
Hmm
I thank God that they were not hurt because that would have been another ball game altogether.
What a sad experience for the couple.
The guy will be saying in his mind "na una turn today, tomorrow go be my turn when una go come rent room for prison, miscreants"

However, i am worried about the fact that they do operate in military uniforms these days, and to detect the bad ones and escape from them will now be very difficult as they mount road blocks too. God help your children.

FTC
CHOCOLATE CREAM

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couple Robbed On Their Wedding Day In Benue State (photo) by watered(m): 9:02pm On Oct 07, 2016
Hmmmmm

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Couple Robbed On Their Wedding Day In Benue State (photo) by divinehand2003(m): 9:11pm On Oct 07, 2016
Na waooooo

Just began your marriage and this is happening. It's time to ask IFA how this marital journey will proceed oooo.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Couple Robbed On Their Wedding Day In Benue State (photo) by Estimable(m): 10:07pm On Oct 07, 2016
CHANGE
Re: Couple Robbed On Their Wedding Day In Benue State (photo) by ameezy(m): 10:07pm On Oct 07, 2016
Hungry dey o boi no deh smile sad
Re: Couple Robbed On Their Wedding Day In Benue State (photo) by mhizAnnie(f): 10:08pm On Oct 07, 2016
Thank God for the gift of life...that's the most important thing

18 Likes

Re: Couple Robbed On Their Wedding Day In Benue State (photo) by ibroh22(m): 10:08pm On Oct 07, 2016
chai!!!
Re: Couple Robbed On Their Wedding Day In Benue State (photo) by Collins0609(m): 10:08pm On Oct 07, 2016
They only collect their own share of national cake
Re: Couple Robbed On Their Wedding Day In Benue State (photo) by steppin: 10:09pm On Oct 07, 2016
Happy day to sad day.
Re: Couple Robbed On Their Wedding Day In Benue State (photo) by Young03(m): 10:09pm On Oct 07, 2016
na payback
he don do others
uniform mehn...I hate them
Re: Couple Robbed On Their Wedding Day In Benue State (photo) by Nasri100(m): 10:09pm On Oct 07, 2016
“One of them entered our vehicle and asked the driver to move towards a path in the bush while the rest unknown’ soldiers’ were following with legs."

Scary stuff. You dunno if they were Fulani Herdsmen or these so-called and deluded money ritual folks. Glad they are ok atleast.

3 Likes

Re: Couple Robbed On Their Wedding Day In Benue State (photo) by teepsee(f): 10:10pm On Oct 07, 2016
Hope nobody was killed undecided

Cause me, i no go lie, I didn't read the story

But my why will e be rob, na. They can't even wait for him to get home first

2 Likes

Re: Couple Robbed On Their Wedding Day In Benue State (photo) by Eleganza33(f): 10:10pm On Oct 07, 2016
Gobe
Re: Couple Robbed On Their Wedding Day In Benue State (photo) by cyberdurable(m): 10:10pm On Oct 07, 2016
Blame it on lipsrsealed
Re: Couple Robbed On Their Wedding Day In Benue State (photo) by emmaak2(m): 10:10pm On Oct 07, 2016
TRUE OR FALSE

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couple Robbed On Their Wedding Day In Benue State (photo) by Peaceewansetin(m): 10:11pm On Oct 07, 2016
Daz so sad
Re: Couple Robbed On Their Wedding Day In Benue State (photo) by ekmike(m): 10:12pm On Oct 07, 2016
Thank God for your life

1 Like

Re: Couple Robbed On Their Wedding Day In Benue State (photo) by oyewolestephen(m): 10:13pm On Oct 07, 2016
How i wish people apply"golden rule"towards their fellows the word would have been far better than this..my condolence goes to the couple
Re: Couple Robbed On Their Wedding Day In Benue State (photo) by Exponental(m): 10:15pm On Oct 07, 2016
Desperate thieves
Re: Couple Robbed On Their Wedding Day In Benue State (photo) by Nobody: 10:15pm On Oct 07, 2016
Thank God they weren't hurt
Re: Couple Robbed On Their Wedding Day In Benue State (photo) by passyhansome(m): 10:16pm On Oct 07, 2016
It's Sardonic, why did the Car break down, why where they robbed, bet you it could have been planned, the worst feeling is dispossessing them of the camera, A lot will be running thru both of them mind may be they made the right decision, never mind bad thing happens to good people.
Re: Couple Robbed On Their Wedding Day In Benue State (photo) by solace89(m): 10:16pm On Oct 07, 2016
Sorry for your loss!

1 Like

Re: Couple Robbed On Their Wedding Day In Benue State (photo) by Ahmadgani(m): 10:16pm On Oct 07, 2016
what is wrong with my country?

1 Like

Re: Couple Robbed On Their Wedding Day In Benue State (photo) by menix(m): 10:17pm On Oct 07, 2016
What happens when u marry a woman destined for another man..

OR

Ur village people re having the below conference on ur behalf.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couple Robbed On Their Wedding Day In Benue State (photo) by FILEBE(m): 10:17pm On Oct 07, 2016
These robbers get zero joy o. Cant they just for the sake of "newly wedded" overlook robbing them? Chai! No where is safe o.
Re: Couple Robbed On Their Wedding Day In Benue State (photo) by gen2lpat(m): 10:19pm On Oct 07, 2016
I wont be surprise that they are military men. They have all the time in the world to set up road block, and operate.

This jungle don tire me. Glad you guys are safe.

2 Likes

Re: Couple Robbed On Their Wedding Day In Benue State (photo) by Nobody: 10:20pm On Oct 07, 2016
Gbese!! This people has regards for nothing sha
Re: Couple Robbed On Their Wedding Day In Benue State (photo) by kings09(m): 10:21pm On Oct 07, 2016
Buhari oo
Re: Couple Robbed On Their Wedding Day In Benue State (photo) by sirusX(m): 10:21pm On Oct 07, 2016
Nasri100:
“One of them entered our vehicle and asked the driver to move towards a path in the bush while the rest unknown’ soldiers’ were following with legs."

This is where the the line was drawn. Military men would have you out of your car @ the spot and not enter like the police and Lastma usually do undecided
Re: Couple Robbed On Their Wedding Day In Benue State (photo) by FILEBE(m): 10:22pm On Oct 07, 2016
menix:
Hh
solace89:
T
oyewolestephen:
ok

The three both of you. Oya lie down! I have catch u people people today

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Arrest Lady For Blackmailing Peace Mass Transit Ltd (Photo) / Photo Of The Injured Tailor Shot By DSS Personnel At Garki Market / Nigerian Man Sentenced To 11 Years In U.S Prison For Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.