Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,338 members, 7,780,889 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:55 AM

Prophet On The "Day Of Ashura" - Significance Of Ashura Part II - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Prophet On The "Day Of Ashura" - Significance Of Ashura Part II (1386 Views)

Saudi Arabia Announces August 20th As The Day Of Arafah, The Moon Sighted Today / Preparing For Ramadaan Part II / The Importance Of Fasting Tasu’a & Ashura (9th & 10th Muharram) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prophet On The "Day Of Ashura" - Significance Of Ashura Part II by AlBaqir(m): 9:23pm On Oct 07, 2016
SIGNIFICANCE OF ASHURA - Part 2

REVELATION ABOUT ASHURA DAY, THE DEATH OF HUSSEIN ON THE SOIL OF KARBALA

# Hadith 1

Imam Ahmad (d. 241 H) in his Fadha'il Sahabah (Umm al-Qura University, Makkah Mukaramah, Ibn Jawzi publication, 3rd edition, 1426 H) [annotator: Wasiyullah ibn Muhammad Abbas], vol. 2, pg.965, #1357:

Abdullah (ibn Ahmad) - my father (Ahmad ibn Hanbal) .... Aisha or Umm Salamah...Waki says, "I can't remember which one"

The Prophet, peace be upon him, said, "An angel that has never visited me before came into the house today. He (the angel) told me: This son of yours Hussein will be killed. If you wish I can give you the soil of that earth which he will die in."

He (the Prophet) said, "He then brought me a soil that was red
."

Comments: The chain of narration is Sahih (authentic).

Verifier says: "He (Ahmad ibn Hanbal) has brought this hadith in his Musnad and also Haythami in 'Majma al-Zawaid and has said: 'Ahmad has reported this hadith and its narrators are sahih," and Tabarani has brought this hadith from Aishah and Ahmad has mentioned it. And in Majma al-Zawaid, it is mentioned: "Ahmad has narrated this and Abu Ya'la and Tabarani and al-Bazzar, and its narrators are all Thiqat."

# Hadith 2

Imam Abi Ya'la Mawsili in his Musnad (Maktab Rushd: Dar al-Mamun li Turath, 1st edition, 1430 H)[annotator: Hussein Salim Asad], vol. 1, pg. 298, Hadith No.363:

Abdullah ibn Nujayy who heard from his father, he went to 'Ali. He says:

"We went with 'Ali, they faced Naynawaa since they were going to the battle of Siffin. Then 'Ali called out: Have patience Oh Aba Abdullah! Have patience Oh Aba Abdullah, on the banks of Euphrates!

I said, "What do you mean 'Oh Aba Abdullah?"

He (Ali) said, "I went into the room with the Prophet, peace be upon him, one day and his eyes were gushing with tears. I said, Oh Prophet, 'Did somebody anger you? What makes your eyes gush with tears? He said, "No, Jibril just left me now"

He (Jubril) informed me that Hussein will be killed on the banks of the Euphrates river.

Then he (Jubril) said to him, "Shall I let you smell the soil (in which he will die)?"

He said, "Yes".

He folded his hand, took a handful of the soil and gave it to me. Since then, I couldn't control my eyes from the gushing of tears
."

Comments: The chain of narration is good.

He says, "Haythami has mentioned it in Majma al-Zawa'id. Also Ahmad has narrated it as well as Abu Ya'la and Bazzar and Tabarani and the narrators (of the hadith) are trustworthy."

# Hadith 3

Imam Abi Ya'la Mawsili in his Musnad (Maktab Rushd: Dar al-Mamun li Turath, 1st edition, 1430 H)[annotator: Hussein Salim Asad], vol. 6, pg. 129, Hadith No.3402:

Narrated Anas ibn Malik: "The angel of rain asked his Lord permission to visit the Prophet, peace be upon him. He gave (the angel) permission and this day he (the Prophet) was with Umm Salamah, the mother of Believers. The Prophet told her, 'Guard the door and do not let anyone come in.'

He said: "While she was at the door, Hussein ibn Ali burst into the room. So the Prophet began to hug him and kiss him.

The angel said: 'Do you love him?' He said: "Yes". The angel said: "Your Ummah (nation) will kill him."

He said: "If you wish, I will show you the place in which they will kill him." So he took a handful of soil from the place in which he will be killed and he showed it. It was "Sahla" or red soil.' So Umm Salamah took it, and collected it on her clothes.

Thaabit says: "We would say that it was from Karbala
."

Commentator says: In Musnad Ahmad, it says, "he struck his hand and brought red sand."

Comments: The chain of narrators is good.

Ahmad has narrated it and Abu Na'eem in "Dalaail al-Nubuwah" and Ahmad has narrated it with two chains. Al-Haythami has mentioned in Majma al-Zawa'id saying: Ahmad has narrated it and Abu Ya'la and Bazzar and Tabarani with chains including "Imarah Ibn Zaathaan and a group of scholars have deemed him trustworthy. In him there is weakness (according to verifier) and the rest of the narrators of Abu Ya'la are all sahih.

# Hadith 4

Sahih Ibn Hibban (Muassasat al-Risalah) [annotator: Shuaib al-Ar'naut], vol.5, pg.142, Hadith 6742

* Same as # Hadith 3.

# Hadith 5

Imam Ahmad (d. 241 H) in his Musnad (2nd edition, 1429 H) [annotators: Shuaib al-Ar'naut, Muhammad Na'im al-Riqsusi], vol.44, pg143, Hadith 26, 524:

The Prophet, peace be upon him, said to one of them (Aisha or Umm Salamah), "An angel entered the house whom I have never seen before. It told me this son of yours, Hussein, will be killed, and if you wish I will show you the soil in which he will be killed. Then he brought out red soil."

And he says, "This hadith is Hasan (good) by its chain".

Comments: He says, "The hadith is in Ahmad's "virtues of companions," so-and-so have narrated it, and also al-Tabarani and Haythami has narrated it, and authenticated its narrators, and Ibn Tahman in his "Manshikha," and also Tabarani.

Other sources:

* Al-Dhahabi's Tarikh al-Islam (Dar al-Kitab Arabi) [annotator: Umar Abdul Salam Tadmuri], pg. 123 (Hadith of Umm Salamah).

* Also, Al-Dhahabi in his Siyar A'lam Nubalah (lives of Noble Figures), vol. 3, pg. 290.
Re: Prophet On The "Day Of Ashura" - Significance Of Ashura Part II by AlBaqir(m): 9:24pm On Oct 07, 2016
NABI ON THE DAY OF ASHURA

# Hadith 6

Imam Ibn Kathir (d. 773 H) writes in his al-Bidaya wa al-Nihaya [annotator: Dr. Abdullah Abdul Muhsin al-Turki] (Publisher: A'alam Al-kutub Institutions), volume II, page 573:

"And Imam Ahmad said: Abdulrahman and Affan told us, Hammad ibn Salama from Ammar Ibn Abi Ammar, from Ibn Abbas who said:

I saw the Prophet, peace be upon him, in my dreams during mid-day. He was dusty and disheveled and he was holding a bottle of blood.

I said: Let my father and mother be sacrificed for you, O Messenger of Allah, what is that?

He, peace be upon him, said: This is the blood of Al-Hussein and his companions. I have been collecting it since day-time.'

Ammar said: We memorized that day and then we found he (Al-Hussein) was killed on the same date."

Ibn Kathir comments: The chain of narration is Qawi (strong).

# Hadith 7

Imam Ahmad (d. 241 H) in his Musnad [annotator: Shuaib al-Ar'naut and Adil Murshid], volume 4, page 59 and 336 documents:

From Ibn Abbas who said:

[i]I saw the Prophet, peace be upon him, in my dreams during mid-day and he was dusty and disheveled. He was holding a bottle which contain blood or he was collecting something.

I said: O Messenger of Allah, what is that?

He said: The blood of Al-Hussein and his companions and I have been collecting it since day-time.'

Ammar said: We memorized this day and we found out he (Al-Hussein) was killed on that day
."

Sheik al-Ar'naut says: The chain of narration is strong according to the conditions set by Muslim.

And he also says: Al-Tabarani narrated it in Hadith no.2822 and 12837, al-Hakim al-Naysaburi narrated it in al-Mustadrak vol. 4, pg.397-398 from Hammad ibn Salama with this chain, and al-Hakim authenticated it according to the conditions set by Muslim, and al-Dhahabi agreed with it.

# Hadith 8

Allamah Nasir al-Din al-Albani documents in his Sahih Jami al-Sagheer (Published by the Islamic Library) [annotator: Zuhair Shaweesh], volume 1, pg.73, Hadith 61:

"He (the Prophet) says: Jubril came to me and informed me that my Nation (Ummah) will kill my son, meaning Hussein, and brought me some red soil from amongst (Hussein's) soil (تربته )."

Comment: Sahih

Comments: This is Sahih by the conditions of the two sheiks.

Albani says: There are many proofs that testify to its authenticity; some of which Ahmad has narrated.

Other source: Silsilah Sahih al-Hadith (series of authentic hadiths), volume 2, Hadith #821 (hadith of Umm Fadhl); volume 3, from hadith 1001 - 1500.
Re: Prophet On The "Day Of Ashura" - Significance Of Ashura Part II by AlBaqir(m): 9:28pm On Oct 07, 2016
VIRTUES OF REMEMBERING IMAM AL-HUSSEIN

# A covenant with the Ummah

Allamah al-Albani documented that the Prophet said at Ghadir Khumm, reported by Zayd ibn Arqam:

Then, verily, O mankind! I am only a human being. The messenger of my Lord (i.e. the angel of death) will soon reach me and I will answer (the call of death). But, I am leaving behind over you Two Weighty Things (thaqalayn). The first of them is the Book of Allāh. In it there is guidance and light. Whoever adheres to it and holds fast to it, he will be upon guidance; and whosoever belittles it, he will go astray. So hold fast to the Book of Allāh the Most High and adhere to it and my Ahl al-Bayt I remind you, with Allāh, of my Ahl al-Bayt! I remind you, with Allāh, of my Ahl al-Bayt!”

Commenting on it, the ‘Allāmah states: (Ṣaḥīḥ) … [recorded by ‘Abd b. Ḥamīd] from Zayd b. Arqam.

Source: Abū ‘Abd al-Raḥmān Muḥammad Nāṣir al-Dīn b. al-Ḥajj Nūḥ b. Tajātī b. Ādam al-Ashqūdrī al-Albānī, Ṣaḥīḥ al-Jāmi’ al-Ṣaghīr wa Ziyādātuhu (Al-Maktab al-Islāmī), vol. 1, pp. 286-287, # 1351

* While we focus solely on Imam al-Hussein, the best the Ummah of his grandfather could do was to murder him in a way that even an animal is not allowed to be killed that way. The killing of Hussein continues till date among some Muslims who choose not to commemorate his death but rather choose to revive an abandoned practice of Ashura fasting.

# Paradise awaits

In the book Fadail as-Sahabah of Imam Ahmad b. Hanbal, vol. 2, p. 675, # 1154, there is this sahih Sunni hadith:

Narrated al-Rabi' b. Munzir:

Husayn b. 'Ali used to say: "Anyone whose eyes are filled with tears for our sake, or tears drop from his eyes for our sake, Allah the Almighty, the Most Glorious will reward him with the Paradise."

Link: http://islamport.com/w/ajz/Web/2294/1170.htm

The report has an absolutely sahih sanad.
Re: Prophet On The "Day Of Ashura" - Significance Of Ashura Part II by AlBaqir(m): 8:48am On Oct 11, 2016
Today marks the day of Imam Hussein's martyrdom together with member of his pure household and loyal companions. We say, "Salam unto you O son of the Prophet. Salam unto you O son of the Wasi of Nabi. Salam unto you O son of the leader of women of Paradise. Salam unto you O Aba Abdillah as we also send Allah's Salam unto your household and companions who disown everything to defend you"

1 Like

Re: Prophet On The "Day Of Ashura" - Significance Of Ashura Part II by DevotedOne(m): 10:58am On Oct 12, 2016
Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim. As salaamu alaykum. I'm not understanding this: The Prophet, peace be upon him, said to one of them (Aisha or Umm Salamah), "An angel entered the house whom I have never seen before. It told me this son of yours, Hussein, will be killed, and if you wish I will show you the soil in which he will be killed. Then he brought out red soil."

How is it possible that the Prophet Muhammad (SAW), had never before seen Gabriel (AS), when Gabriel (AS) was bringing Muhammad (SAW) the Holy Qur'an periodically, and rehearsing Qur'an with him (SAW) each Ramadan? Just curious.

Wassalaam. DevotedOne
Re: Prophet On The "Day Of Ashura" - Significance Of Ashura Part II by AlBaqir(m): 11:51am On Oct 12, 2016
DevotedOne:
Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim. As salaamu alaykum. I'm not understanding this: The Prophet, peace be upon him, said to one of them (Aisha or Umm Salamah), "An angel entered the house whom I have never seen before. It told me this son of yours, Hussein, will be killed, and if you wish I will show you the soil in which he will be killed. Then he brought out red soil."

How is it possible that the Prophet Muhammad (SAW), had never before seen Gabriel (AS), when Gabriel (AS) was bringing Muhammad (SAW) the Holy Qur'an periodically, and rehearsing Qur'an with him (SAW) each Ramadan? Just curious.

Wassalaam. DevotedOne

# The hadith is crystal clear. An angel never seen before is different from Jubril.

# If you read the article above well, you have three ahadith saying:

* Jubril came to inform the Prophet of Hussein's martyrdom - see # Hadith 2

* Angel in charge of rain came to inform the Prophet of Hussein's martyrdom - see # Hadith 3

* Unknown angel came to inform the Prophet of Hussein's martyrdom - see # Hadith 1 & 5

# Angels are in their billions upon billions. Its not possible Nabi knew them all.
Re: Prophet On The "Day Of Ashura" - Significance Of Ashura Part II by DevotedOne(m): 1:33pm On Oct 12, 2016
Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim. As salaamu alaykum. O.K., I appreciate the clarification. I'm dealing with a lot of distraction in my environment. Wassalaam. DevotedOne
Re: Prophet On The "Day Of Ashura" - Significance Of Ashura Part II by AlBaqir(m): 4:55am On Sep 29, 2017
# Ashura - 10th Muharram is loading...

1 Like

Re: Prophet On The "Day Of Ashura" - Significance Of Ashura Part II by AlBaqir(m): 11:42am On Sep 18, 2018
Re: Prophet On The "Day Of Ashura" - Significance Of Ashura Part II by AlBaqir(m): 3:31am On Aug 16, 2021
Peace be upon those who seek guidance.

Re: Prophet On The "Day Of Ashura" - Significance Of Ashura Part II by NeoWanZaeed(m): 6:56pm On Aug 19, 2021
This kafir boy is still alive
Re: Prophet On The "Day Of Ashura" - Significance Of Ashura Part II by NeoWanZaeed(m): 6:57pm On Aug 19, 2021
Go and join your brothers in Afghanistan
Re: Prophet On The "Day Of Ashura" - Significance Of Ashura Part II by ANTIlSLAM(m): 10:57am On Aug 22, 2021
NeoWanZaeed:
Go and join your brothers in Afghanistan

Alfa Jabata what are you too waiting for? Taliban are doing the work of allah and his messenger Muhammad

Quran 8:39

Fight them, till there is no persecution and the religion (Islam) is God's entirely; then if they give over, surely God sees the things they do;

1 Like

Re: Prophet On The "Day Of Ashura" - Significance Of Ashura Part II by Finetoto(f): 6:27pm On Aug 22, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Prophet On The "Day Of Ashura" - Significance Of Ashura Part II by aumeehn: 1:25pm On Aug 29, 2021
AlBaqir:

# The hadith is crystal clear. An angel never seen before is different from Jubril.

# If you read the article above well, you have three ahadith saying:

* Jubril came to inform the Prophet of Hussein's martyrdom - see # Hadith 2

* Angel in charge of rain came to inform the Prophet of Hussein's martyrdom - see # Hadith 3

* Unknown angel came to inform the Prophet of Hussein's martyrdom - see # Hadith 1 & 5

# Angels are in their billions upon billions. Its not possible Nabi knew them all.

So which of the three are we going to believe? So a total of three Angels came to Rasulullah to inform him of Hussein Matyrdom? Angel of Rain visited prophet Rasulullah, I have never heard of that. Shiites and unnecessary Bid'ah. May Allah SWT guide us to the Right path. Ameen
Re: Prophet On The "Day Of Ashura" - Significance Of Ashura Part II by AlBaqir(m): 4:55pm On Mar 17, 2022
aumeehn:

So which of the three are we going to believe? So a total of three Angels came to Rasulullah to inform him of Hussein Matyrdom? Angel of Rain visited prophet Rasulullah, I have never heard of that. Shiites and unnecessary Bid'ah. May Allah SWT guide us to the Right path. Ameen

So, why are you opposing what you are ignorant of? The honorable thing to do is to research or find out on it. Besides, OP has given you explicit SUNNI hadiths to establish the facts. So, why taken your anger out of "Shi'ah?" Please let's learn civility.

(1) (Reply)

In Sha Allah / When Is It Permissible To Do A Sex-change Operation From Male To Female Or Vice / This Is Why There's No Tribalism In Islam.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.