Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,431 members, 7,808,543 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:15 PM

She Needs Our Help: Toddler Violated By HIV-Positive Man - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / She Needs Our Help: Toddler Violated By HIV-Positive Man (4703 Views)

HIV-Positive Doctor Molests Patient In Benue / Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police / 8yr Old Girl Beaten By An Hajia And Violated By Two Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Needs Our Help: Toddler Violated By HIV-Positive Man by uzoo: 6:45pm On Oct 18, 2009
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As i write this,tears have not stopped flowing on my key board.The story in this attachment is very disturbing so please i urge you to have a close one around.

i read this article yesterday and since then i havnt stopped crying , i just have to do something about this baby's situation, and i would like you all to join me.
i dont know if i should call this wickedness or ignorance but the truth is, this is the DEVIL himself who has defiled this baby, i call her a baby because thats what she is , one who can hardly speak properly nor is she aware of what has happened to her.

some of you may blame her and her family for what has happened to her and how she was left unattended to , or say to yorselves that there are many cases like hers even worse ( but i cant see what can be worse than this) or even say its normal after all its been happeneing in south africa but the fact remains , it could have been any one's daughter, cousin , niece friend etc,

words cannot describe the heavy burden and sorrow i carry in my heart ever since i read this, i dont run an NGO or something and neither have i been involved in any humanitarian work such as this (except in my church),and usually its not as serious as this.

i dont even know what to do , all i know is that my heart will have no rest until i've done what i can to ensure this little girl does not die but live a positive and fufilling life like her other age mates.(MY GOD!! SHE'S JUST 3)

i have called the editor of this story to get more infOrmation on how to contact the toddler's family and other people who are concerned and what i can do to help.and he has promised to get back to me.I know that there anitiretroviral drugs and also the stigma she may be facing in school , at home amongst friends , neighbours ,other kids parents and everyone else who has a narrow minded view on the subject of HIV/AIDS.
But i strongly believe that with our help and prayers she will over come this and have a brighter future.

i read somewhere in one of the papers a long time ago how a 14 year old girl who was born with HIV wasliving her life and was doing great in school and how she has impacted in the lives of others who are living with the virus.

so my dear nairaland members , please she needs our help. we need to do something about this . i dont really know how to attach this part of the newspaper , and the letters may appear small , but if you want to read the article you could find a copy of the vanguard newspaper dated17th october 2009. or contact the editor for more information EMMA DOZIE 08023145281. the title of that story is VIVID ACCOUNT HOW A HIV POSITIVE MAN RAPED A 3 YEAR OLD GIRL.i think you can also get it online on thier website.

Re: She Needs Our Help: Toddler Violated By HIV-Positive Man by uzoo: 6:47pm On Oct 18, 2009
story continued

Re: She Needs Our Help: Toddler Violated By HIV-Positive Man by dominique(f): 10:36pm On Oct 18, 2009
thats real sad, my heart goes out to the girl and her family. what kind of help do you suggest we offer?
Re: She Needs Our Help: Toddler Violated By HIV-Positive Man by sexyLeamon(f): 3:15am On Oct 19, 2009
am seriously crying omg omg oh oh God
Re: She Needs Our Help: Toddler Violated By HIV-Positive Man by uzoo: 1:57pm On Oct 20, 2009
@dominique and sexyleamon

thank you so much for replying, i;m yet to get the victims father's number from the editor which he promised to send today, i really cant go about this on my own because i'm not sure if my single efforts will go a long a way , so, what i've done is to talk to a brother in my church (R.C.C.G) in surulere lagos. to pass it on to the resident pastor that way we can raise money , food , clothes and medication for the victim, and probably send a few people down to benue state to see the girl and her family.

i intend to go there myself next month and see her too.

like i said i really dont know how people in this situation are being helped but i'm acting on the way this story has touched and moved me so i'm going to ask around on how best she can get treatment and not be forgotten by the healthworkers and everything else neccessary ,so coming back to your question (dominique) this is what i suggest we do.

first: get enough money to have her registered in a hospital where she will recieve care and treatment immidiately , i want to see if i can have her registered to have a year's supply of the anti retroviral drugs which she needs right now.i think we have a health insurance scheme here which covers treatment for individuals its called NHIS, i also heard that the Nigerian govt also subsidizes these anti retroviral drugs for victims.

secondly:once members of my church have concluded and are ready ,i'll get sufficient food and clothes for the little girl to last her a month or so untill the next visit , i actually intend to take care of that myself and send it down to them this weekend.

i have spoken to few friends/relatives of mine and they have advised that since she lives far away its best to make arrangements with any of the health officials at the hospital close to the victims home to have a regular check up on the girl twice a week(even if we have to pay the official to do this for us for the extra hours )and send us a progress report (this is because i dont live here permanently) and we would like to be informed on how she is doing and keep in touch , that way we can monitor her and know what she 's lacking or in need of.

then lastly i intend to set up a child trust account with a bank in that neighbourhood for her in her name but in care of a guardian , that way contributions can go in and the money will be used for her alone ( school fees, food ,drugs,medications etc) this i think this is where the public comes in.

so once i get the contact information you need for the victim's family,with thier permission i'll post it here for you all to take it from there ,i'm really glad i got responces from you all , i really really really appreciate your concern and please do not hesitate to do what ever you can , i'm also looking out for more and better suggestions so please post them here.

thanks again
Re: She Needs Our Help: Toddler Violated By HIV-Positive Man by sexyLeamon(f): 2:02pm On Oct 20, 2009
great I will like to salute you for a job well done, if I may ask, where did this happend? I have been telling some family member and loved ones, they have been asking me which country it took place. so pls kindly let me know.
Re: She Needs Our Help: Toddler Violated By HIV-Positive Man by uzoo: 2:20pm On Oct 20, 2009
@sexyleamon

the incident occurred in makurdi town benue state , i think its reffered to as the middle belt region of Nigeria.

there's an address at the beginning of the story (the first column) but its quite vague , i guess for private /security reasons.

thanks again , and pls dont forget to contact the editor if you 're in a hurry for more info on how you can help, cos i may not be online regularly to update you.thanks a lot.
Re: She Needs Our Help: Toddler Violated By HIV-Positive Man by uzoo: 2:28pm On Oct 20, 2009
i just want to quickly add that as you all read and pass it on to everyone else .let them get involved and impact positively in this toddler's life.
Re: She Needs Our Help: Toddler Violated By HIV-Positive Man by sexyLeamon(f): 2:40am On Oct 21, 2009
ok thank you.
Re: She Needs Our Help: Toddler Violated By HIV-Positive Man by uzoo: 1:01pm On Oct 22, 2009
hello again,

I managed to get the phone number of the victims father Mr Vitalis Awule

08051632191. it was sent in by the editor of the vanguard paper.

in the mean time i'm still sending out emails to friends and i have been able to get contacts for some media companies that will further investigate the story and contact the office of the health commissioner for makurdi.

i'm also trying to get the contact information for the office of the health commisioner for that state , most of the people who have read the story abroad want to keep calling them at the commissioners office to make sure they do thier job in order for this baby to keep getting the adequate treatment and medication she needs, and to be constanly monitored by a health official in that neighbourhood.(which is what every sane institution around the world does)

we all know how these people politicise everything in nigeria and make it seem like they 're working but the truth is in a few weeks the matter will be forgotten and swept under the carpet, and this poor girl will remain the way she is now.
Re: She Needs Our Help: Toddler Violated By HIV-Positive Man by POSAKOSA1(m): 1:31pm On Oct 22, 2009
There is a Virgins DO NOT CURE AIDS movement. One of my close friends started the nonprofit. You should check it out. It dis-spells myths about HIV/AIDS.
Re: She Needs Our Help: Toddler Violated By HIV-Positive Man by POSAKOSA1(m): 1:32pm On Oct 22, 2009
This practice is very rampant in South Africa
Re: She Needs Our Help: Toddler Violated By HIV-Positive Man by uzoo: 1:52pm On Oct 22, 2009
@POSAKOSA1

like i said in my first post above

"' some of you may blame her and her family for what has happened to her and how she was left unattended to , or say to yorselves that there are many cases like hers even worse ( but i cant see what can be worse than this) or even say its normal after all its been happeneing in south africa but the fact remains , it could have been any one's daughter, cousin , niece friend etc.'''''

this wicked act should not be happening whether in SA , Nig, Uk or whereever.

but thanks a lot for the info on the organisation , i'll check it out .
Re: She Needs Our Help: Toddler Violated By HIV-Positive Man by Emperoh(m): 3:10pm On Oct 22, 2009
There is really a problem.
Paedophilia is becoming a very big re-occuring issue in our society
I have seen it happen in my very before in Festac and the victim's family is currently roasting the dude.

Just like breast cancer and HIV awareness, i think Parents should begin to be aware of the kinda people they ;eave their females kids in their care
Employed mothers and parents are worse off in this angle. . . .these kids are too innocent to realise the impact of these acts
More or less, in the long run, what we should focus greater energy on is creating awareness on the existence of unscruplous elements who take pleasure in defiling toddlers. . . . .for heaven's sake, what happened to Prostitutes if his libido can't hold any longer?
what pleasure is derived from bunking a little baby who hasn't even the faintest idea of what you are doing.

Isn't he even kind hearted as to the cries of the baby victim?
GOSH!! Lord save us on earth!!! I am too angry and saddened to talk.

Uzoo, whatever efforts u are making, you my support!!!
Re: She Needs Our Help: Toddler Violated By HIV-Positive Man by nethacker(m): 3:21pm On Oct 22, 2009
@poster . pls b4 i comment, hv they killed dat man angry angry pls which area is dis cry cry
Re: She Needs Our Help: Toddler Violated By HIV-Positive Man by bawomolo(m): 3:23pm On Oct 22, 2009
POSAKOSA1:

This practice is very rampant in South Africa

congo. A very disgusting and barbaric practice.

HIV awareness is needed in nigeria.
Re: She Needs Our Help: Toddler Violated By HIV-Positive Man by clomn(m): 3:29pm On Oct 22, 2009
MAY GOD BE THE COMFORTER OF THE GIRL'S ENTIRE FAMILY. TO THE RAPIST MAY HE DIE OF THIRST IN THE DESERT.

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY DEVILISH.
Re: She Needs Our Help: Toddler Violated By HIV-Positive Man by Pharoh: 3:29pm On Oct 22, 2009
This is terrible
Re: She Needs Our Help: Toddler Violated By HIV-Positive Man by manmustwac(m): 3:30pm On Oct 22, 2009
The sad news is the men who do these things either get away unpunished or they don't get the punishment they deserve
Re: She Needs Our Help: Toddler Violated By HIV-Positive Man by saydfact(m): 3:38pm On Oct 22, 2009
it's nice to see nairalanders unite for once, may God listen to the prayers of the innocent ones, only God knows best and only him can deliver us from tins like this, its really a pity, lipsrsealed kiss lipsrsealed
Re: She Needs Our Help: Toddler Violated By HIV-Positive Man by 55gal(m): 3:42pm On Oct 22, 2009
:oNigeria!The man must face the law! sad
There are demons in charge of this animal
called man.REALLY BAD!
Re: She Needs Our Help: Toddler Violated By HIV-Positive Man by omar22(m): 3:49pm On Oct 22, 2009
I cant read it furher, may be because I have daughters and I feel enraged!!!
Re: She Needs Our Help: Toddler Violated By HIV-Positive Man by Nezan(m): 4:03pm On Oct 22, 2009
Why, oh why? must we copy everything bad? I thought it was only in SA that we were hearing such stories . . . . in Benue State? how come? this is real pathetic . . . I will get in touch with the family. e-yaaaaaaa!!!!!
Re: She Needs Our Help: Toddler Violated By HIV-Positive Man by forme22(m): 4:08pm On Oct 22, 2009
God demn!!!! Demn!!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Nira Landers I could not belive this. I spoke with the father of the child with the number on this page, I earlier thought it was a scam, but suprise to me the way the man answered me showed that its real not a scam.

For me I have asked the man to send his account details to me, I am ready to give what I have to help the family.
Im sorry if I have offended any one, But My instict tells me to do so.

My God continue to support the family.
Re: She Needs Our Help: Toddler Violated By HIV-Positive Man by forme22(m): 4:10pm On Oct 22, 2009
@Uzoo, My u be blessed for given this genue information! in Jesus name.
Re: She Needs Our Help: Toddler Violated By HIV-Positive Man by Shinatu: 4:13pm On Oct 22, 2009
Emperoh:

There is really a problem.
Paedophilia is becoming a very big re-occuring issue in our society
I have seen it happen in my very before in Festac and the victim's family is currently roasting the dude.

Just like breast cancer and HIV awareness, i think Parents should begin to be aware of the kinda people they ;eave their females kids in their care
Employed mothers and parents are worse off in this angle. . . .these kids are too innocent to realise the impact of these acts
More or less, in the long run, what we should focus greater energy on is creating awareness on the existence of unscruplous elements who take pleasure in defiling toddlers. . . . .for heaven's sake, what happened to Prostitutes if his libido can't hold any longer?
what pleasure is derived from bunking a little baby who hasn't even the faintest idea of what you are doing.

Isn't he even kind hearted as to the cries of the baby victim?
GOSH!! Lord save us on earth!!! I am too angry and saddened to talk.

Uzoo, whatever efforts u are making, you my support!!!

@emperoh

No be today, our society is just hush hush about such  things.

A few mothers (age range 28-35) got together to celebrate the birth of a baby girl to one of them and the conversation drifted to the difficulty of bringing up a female child, all of them had stories to tell about Uncles who attempted to molest them when they were kids.

It is not only a whiteman's desease, mothers be wise and vigilant!!!!! even with your boys!!!!!!!
May God help us.
Re: She Needs Our Help: Toddler Violated By HIV-Positive Man by Ben13: 4:14pm On Oct 22, 2009
gawd punish devil!
Re: She Needs Our Help: Toddler Violated By HIV-Positive Man by Eaglebabe: 4:19pm On Oct 22, 2009
Has the rapist been castrated?God will render him impotent 4 d rest of his life 4 the safety of other children.
Re: She Needs Our Help: Toddler Violated By HIV-Positive Man by ehie007(m): 4:43pm On Oct 22, 2009
No need to panic; all the parents need to do is to take her to hospital so she can start treatment. As sne is so young her immune system will be weak, so she needs to start taking those surpressing drugs to keep her CD4 leve in check.

We all panic when we hear HIV/AIDS, do you know that HIV/AIDs is not in the top 5 highest kilers diseases in africa.

i know people who have HIV and are leaving very healthy, they maintain their drugs and live good,

Ignorance is what makes us panic unecessarily,

do you know that the / between HIV and AIDs is huge, the / is like a border, once you dont cross from HIV to AIDS you can live as long as possible, till old age

Theres a bbig difference btwn HIV and AIDS, though HIV lead to AIDS,

BUt am sure in the next 5 years the cure will be out, or a preventive drug will be out,

The more you know about HIV/AIDS the better and more relaxed you would be,

at al at al na im bad pass,

one day all man go die, die na die, whatever the cause,
Re: She Needs Our Help: Toddler Violated By HIV-Positive Man by spikedcylinder: 4:54pm On Oct 22, 2009
POSAKOSA1:

There is a Virgins DO NOT CURE AIDS movement. One of my close friends started the nonprofit. You should check it out. It dis-spells myths about HIV/AIDS.

Goodness. Some people believe virgins cure HIV? shocked
Re: She Needs Our Help: Toddler Violated By HIV-Positive Man by POSAKOSA1(m): 4:55pm On Oct 22, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Goodness. Some people believe virgins cure HIV? shocked

Yes. In South Africa, they rape babies and little girls. They believe that the pureness of the girls will cure them
Re: She Needs Our Help: Toddler Violated By HIV-Positive Man by otukpo(f): 5:02pm On Oct 22, 2009
This is really pathetic.

May God help us and save/protect our daughers.

The rapist is devilish. When there are prostitutes here and there, matured women wey e dey do as e dey do the man, free of charge. To get a matured girl to sleep with in naija is very cheap. why a 3 yr old?

And this keeps happening evryday around us. The worst is that the culprit may never get his deserved punishment
pssssssssssssffffffffffffffffffffffff What an injustice

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fatal Accident:woman Head Cut Off On 3rd Mainland Bridge(very Disturbing Video) / . / Police Have Arrested The Sakawa Boys Who Cut Off DC Queen’s Vagina And Tongue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.