Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,475 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:32 PM

Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) (26325 Views)

Suicide Bomber Attacks Borno By Chad Basin, Kills 2, Injures Others (Graphic) / Yahaya Bello Visits Police Station Attacked By Boko Haram (Pics) / Boy Killed In Borno By Suicide Bomber While Trying To Save Others (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) by chie8: 6:18am On Oct 08, 2016
Major Erasmus lost his life during anti-Boko Haram military operation in Borno state.

His friend, Raphael Edem, mourns the untimely demise of the gallant Nigerian officer: "The most painful goodbyes are the ones that are never said and never explained. May God rest your soul and may your ultimate sacrifice not be in vain. .
Edem, who is a media aide to Governor Udom Emmanuel, took to his Facebook wall to pour his heart out regarding the irreplaceable loss of his friend and a Nigerian hero in his own right. According to Edem, Major Erasmus was at one time the Second-in-Command at the Nigerian Army Brigade in Ibagwa, Abak Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom state, until he was posted to Maiduguri, some months ago, to join troops in the eye of the storm, where the Boko Haram war raged the most.He wrote..

'Today, I am immensely sad. Today, I have lost a friend. Today, I will just let these tears flow, in the knowledge that I can't do much more. I met Major Erasmus in January this year. We were preparing for the annual ritual of the Armed Forces Remembrance Day. He was the 2/ic at the Brigade in Ibagwa and was coordinating the activities and introducing me to the nuances of military parades and traditions. Friendly, welcoming, affable, very polite, ever-smiling and soft spoken. It was difficult to believe that this young man of about my age, with a baby face and an innocent, almost clerical demeanor was an army officer. I don't think I have ever met a more friendly and gentlemanly officer!

We struck and instant bond and kept in touch after the ceremonies. He was very intelligent, well schooled within and outside the country where he shone like a millions stars, and going by the testimony of his colleagues that I got to meet at different times, he was an excellent officer who was very professional and good at his job. He invited me to the tombola night at Ibagwa, and we kept in touch despite his frequent trips to Kaduna to finalize his Masters degree programme. Anybody who met him while not in uniform would be hard pressed to believe he was a military man, let alone an army officer.

He told me about his transfer to Maiduguri, but my apprehension about that posting was tempered by the Government's assurances that Boko Haram had been routed in the North East. Erasmus assured me that we will get to see sometime soon. Alas! That is not going to happen as I woke this morning to the tragic news that he had been killed by an ambush in Maiduguri. And that is how we have lost this young, fresh-faced, bachelor officer. Today, the enormity of the task and sacrifices made by our armed forces stares me in he face. The career path they have chosen is something everyone should respect and appreciate.

Adieu Major Erasmus, Adieu my friend! Adieu officer and gentleman par excellence. The most painful goodbyes are the ones that are never said and never explained. May God rest your soul and may your ultimate sacrifice not be in vain!.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/10/another-fallen-hero-major-erasmusa.html

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) by chie8: 6:18am On Oct 08, 2016

Re: Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) by ceda99: 6:20am On Oct 08, 2016
RIP brother

1 Like

Re: Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) by dec0four: 6:20am On Oct 08, 2016
What a lost...RIP
Re: Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) by Raphael81(m): 6:28am On Oct 08, 2016
Very fine man, its a shame our political leaders allowed the boko haram to fester for their selfish and egoistic goals, the insect that eats the green leaf lives among them, someday everybody shall render account of his stewardship before God, the blood of the innocent people killed by the boko haram menance continue crying to heaven for vengeance, the boko haram blood thirsty animals and their sponsors whoever they are shall never go unpunished. Amen

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:29am On Oct 08, 2016
Wooooow a handsome Soldier.....

RIP Gallant Soldier.....

2 Likes

Re: Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) by eposho: 6:45am On Oct 08, 2016
Don't c reason anyone should die for Nigeria.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) by Tunami(m): 6:55am On Oct 08, 2016
Hmm,rip to him.
Re: Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) by Mologi(m): 7:00am On Oct 08, 2016
rest in peace man......
Re: Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) by TPAND(f): 7:03am On Oct 08, 2016
I thought Boko Haram has been defeated.

4 Likes

Re: Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) by BUHARIISCURSED(m): 7:04am On Oct 08, 2016
cry he died for the wrong country....

15 Likes

Re: Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) by edo3(m): 7:19am On Oct 08, 2016
Very sad,,r.i.p erasmus..

1 Like

Re: Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) by yjgm(m): 7:36am On Oct 08, 2016
He died gallantly defending this nation. What a hero.

1 Like

Re: Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) by Mememan: 8:05am On Oct 08, 2016
Eya

Rip

Wailers never wake up?
Re: Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) by Lukenitheooo6(m): 8:05am On Oct 08, 2016
The picture where he was with Good luck jonathan looks like photoshop

2 Likes

Re: Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) by ubaobi: 8:06am On Oct 08, 2016
I am not understanding.... Thought BH is now extinct

5 Likes

Re: Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) by magicminister: 8:06am On Oct 08, 2016
This is not as exciting as seeing a dead policeman

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) by Vickiweezy(m): 8:06am On Oct 08, 2016
R.I.P Man

magicminister:
Great!
Can we see this dismembered body?
That would make my day!!

One thing I like more than a dead policeman is a dead army man!

Niqqa yhu stupid.
Someone died, show some respect.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) by yeyeboi(m): 8:06am On Oct 08, 2016
RIP to this young brave soldier that fought and died for his heartless country that lied to us that boko haram has been finally paralyzed cry cry

May you find endless peace in heaven

5 Likes

Re: Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) by olaolulazio(m): 8:06am On Oct 08, 2016
R.I.P warlord!
Re: Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) by sotall(m): 8:07am On Oct 08, 2016
If this news is true, then all is not well as far as victory over boko haram is concerned. Boko haram keeps killing our gallant soldiers everyday but the news of their demise never get reported.

R.IP gallant soldier. God will take care of the family your left behind.

6 Likes

Re: Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) by MzMercie: 8:09am On Oct 08, 2016
RIP true hero
Re: Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) by obi58: 8:09am On Oct 08, 2016
Hmm Boko Haram has been 'technically defeated' and we keep losing gallant young men on daily basis. Who is deceiving who

These are even the ones that make it to media limelight talk more of the quantum that are never recognized for their sacrifice for our peace.

3 Likes

Re: Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) by temmy3723(m): 8:09am On Oct 08, 2016
Rest in peace my godfather and former 2ic. Goodnight sir
Re: Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) by Philinho(m): 8:10am On Oct 08, 2016
his offence is seeing him with GEJ....Their wickedness in d north must b punished. Islam has cause a great damage to d whole world

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) by Nobody: 8:10am On Oct 08, 2016
rip sir, may your labours never be in vain.....but the gospel truth is i dont think i can even think of taking a scratch for this country, not to talk of dying for her. what has this country ever done for the families of those that sacrificed their life for her,

1 Like

Re: Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) by hopilo: 8:10am On Oct 08, 2016
Boko Haram is defeated, Maidugari is safe, please don't discredit the work of our president with this cock and bull story, tell us that another thing killed this fine gentle man but not Boko haram. R I p to the departed.
Re: Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) by Legend87(m): 8:11am On Oct 08, 2016
cry
Re: Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) by Walelavender(m): 8:12am On Oct 08, 2016
So disheartening. Continue to RIP.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance / Seadogs Holds Save Bakassi Rally. Pictures. / Fashola Commissions 3 Projects In Epe. PICS.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.