Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,342 members, 7,808,203 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:38 AM

My Lupus Story – Help Solve Lupus Mystery! (Part 1) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Lupus Story – Help Solve Lupus Mystery! (Part 1) (1720 Views)

What Are The Signs And Symptoms Of Lupus? / My Lupus Story – Hospital Visits! (part 3) / My Lupus Story - Symptoms! (Part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Lupus Story – Help Solve Lupus Mystery! (Part 1) by Esthersblog(f): 4:39pm On Oct 08, 2016
Ths is a true life story of an EB reader who sent this in to create awareness and share her journey through a life-threatening disease called LUPUS.

Read below…

HELP SOLVE LUPUS MYSTERY! – Lupus Aid Foundation Of Nigeria

Hello readers, my name is Patience, I am just a regular girl saved by God’s amazing grace. I am using this platform/blog to share my personal experience and knowledge about this terrible, mysterious disease called Systemic Lupus Ertyhematosis (S.L.E), commonly called Lupus.

I will be sharing my day to day experience here but before I do that! I will try my best to explain what lupus disease is, why I decided to make my voice heard, and why I also decided to birth the Lupus Aid Foundation of Nigeria. So that peopple won’t suffer in ignorance like I did.

Systemic Lupus Erythematosis (S.L.E or Lupus) is an autoimmune condition that affects mostly women of child bearing age. It occurs when the human body produces auto antibodies that attacks the body’s own tissues or organs like the skin, kidneys, heart, e.t.c.

Lupus is complicated and unpredictable, with no known cause or cure but could be perfectly managed with the help of drugs like steriods, or anti inflamatory drugs like hydroxylchloroquine. These drugs help keep symptoms at the lowest minimum. Common symptoms of Lupus include fever, lalar rash, skin rash, mouth ulcers, fatigue and so much more. Symptoms of Lupus often mimic several other diseases which makes Lupus very difficult to diagnose. The disease, when caught and treated early is usually not life threatening. It is unclear why Lupus affects mostly women than men, but some experts theorize that it may be due to the fact that the women tend to have a stronger immune system.

And yet for a long time, Lupus appeared to have a negligible prevalence on the African continent, now health experts are discovering that Africa seeming immunity to Lupus was only due to a mix of lack of awareness, inadequate medical resources and culturally ingrained fear of disease. Which is why I have decided to share my experiences, and try to bring together a community of Lupus sufferers to help create awareness. And together we would help, advise and encourage one another and let the world know, let African women know, especially Nigerian women, that HIV isn’t the only deadly disease in existence, cancer isn’t the only deadly disease in existence, there is also LUPUS!

Until I was diagnosed, I didn’t know such a terrible disease existed. That said, i will be sharing with you my pains, struggles, fight and challenges with Lupus! And my eventual big victory attained through the very special grace of God Almighty who has proven to be too faithful to fail!

To be continued…

If you want to share your story, join the awareness to help others or drop your comment… kindly scroll down to the comment section. We sure do want to hear from you or send an email to contact@esther.ng…

Source: www.esther.ng

(1) (Reply)

Health, Skin, Hair & Cooking Benefits Of Our Unrefined Sea Salt / Stop The Embarassment - Cure Your Stretch Marks / Sore On My bosom While bosom Feeding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.