Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,290 members, 7,780,664 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:59 PM

Military Action Still An Option Against Militancy In Niger Delta – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Action Still An Option Against Militancy In Niger Delta – Buhari (16829 Views)

Niger Delta: Buhari, Osinbajo Meet Service Chiefs / I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari / The Opportunity Costs Of Militancy In The Niger Delta, An Exposé (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Military Action Still An Option Against Militancy In Niger Delta – Buhari by Nobody: 10:20pm On Oct 08, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari in Kaduna on Saturday warned that decisive military action was still an option to deal with militancy in Niger Delta if militants continued with sabotage.

The president gave the warning at the Passing out Parade of 133 Cadets of 63rd Regular Course of the Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA).

Mr. Buhari, who expressed happiness that the Boko Haram insurgency in the North East was being defeated, however, noted that militancy and other forms of emerging threats, including kidnapping, were negatively impacting the nation’s economy.

He said the clean-up of the Ogoniland was one of the ways to deal with the root causes of militancy in the region.

“However, for avoidance of doubt, let me state that other options are still open, including decisive military action.

“Today, criminal elements disguise in ethnic regalia to sabotage the country, largely for their selfish and parochial interests.

“I reiterate the call on all Nigerians to give peace a chance and jettison negative tendencies and join government’s efforts aimed at addressing the numerous challenges in the task of building a better Nigeria,” Mr. Buhari said.

The president, however, added that his administration would prioritise constructive engagement of relevant parties in dialogue to address issues.

On the insurgency in the North East, the president said although his administration “inherited a badly managed Boko Haram”, the capacity of the insurgents to launch attack had been “significantly curtailed.”

He also said that their capacity to take territories had been knocked out, adding that ongoing operations were to clear remnants of the terrorists from their hideouts.

The president charged the newly commissioned officers to remain apolitical, patriotic and loyal to the nation at all times.

He reminded them that they no longer belong to themselves, their parents, families, tribes and villages but the nation and be ready to pay the supreme sacrifice if the need arises. (NAN)

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/212362-military-action-still-option-militancy-niger-delta-buhari.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Action Still An Option Against Militancy In Niger Delta – Buhari by Nobody: 10:24pm On Oct 08, 2016
@Izonpikin decisive military action against your terrorist friends is an option if they don't quit sabotaging our oil assets. Stay clear of the creeks in the next coming days lest you wont enjoy the luxury of the internet anymore

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Military Action Still An Option Against Militancy In Niger Delta – Buhari by Izonpikin: 10:46pm On Oct 08, 2016
kropotkin2:
@Izonpikin decisive military action against your terrorist friends is an option if they don't quit sabotaging our oil assets. Stay clear of the creeks in the next coming days lest you wont have the luxury of the internet anymore
hehehehe..goodluck to buhari..

Please tell your brothers working with IOCs and servicing companies in the Niger delta to stay clear off..

Thank you... cheesy

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Military Action Still An Option Against Militancy In Niger Delta – Buhari by Izonpikin: 10:46pm On Oct 08, 2016
grin grin

Nigerians enjoy your president..

Na oil go put buhari for problem... grin

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Military Action Still An Option Against Militancy In Niger Delta – Buhari by OreMI22: 10:49pm On Oct 08, 2016
Hehehehehe....lolz

This dullard sef!
So the operation crocodile tears isn't military action, yet his soldiers are already dying?
Yeye dey smell.

Buhari, BRING IT ON.... Stop making excuses form your litany failures.

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Military Action Still An Option Against Militancy In Niger Delta – Buhari by TheFreeOne: 10:51pm On Oct 08, 2016
Has military option stop the bombings of pipelines

Banking on crocodile smile is never a solution.

Dialogue is the only way out.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Military Action Still An Option Against Militancy In Niger Delta – Buhari by Prince081: 10:58pm On Oct 08, 2016
When will Bubu start mentiining the Fulani herdsmen as part of our security challenges?

78 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Military Action Still An Option Against Militancy In Niger Delta – Buhari by Nobody: 11:11pm On Oct 08, 2016
Izonpikin:
hehehehe..goodluck to buhari..

Please tell your brothers working with IOCs and servicing companies in the Niger delta to stay clear off..

Thank you... cheesy
You must never smile at a crocodile cos............ cheesy

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Military Action Still An Option Against Militancy In Niger Delta – Buhari by Nobody: 11:13pm On Oct 08, 2016
Prince081:
When will Bubu start mentiining the Fulani herdsmen as part of our security challenges?
Very soon. The Niger delta terrorists are a more potent threat for now

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Action Still An Option Against Militancy In Niger Delta – Buhari by TPAND(f): 11:14pm On Oct 08, 2016
Military action can never quell militancy operations in Niger Delta. What the people want is development of the region. Is it too big to ask.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Military Action Still An Option Against Militancy In Niger Delta – Buhari by Nobody: 11:36pm On Oct 08, 2016
TPAND:
Military action can never quell militancy operations in Niger Delta. What they people want is development of the region. Is it too big to ask.

It is an option but still the people of the region deserve some kind of special treatment

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Military Action Still An Option Against Militancy In Niger Delta – Buhari by Izonpikin: 11:46pm On Oct 08, 2016
kropotkin2:
You must never smile at a crocodile cos............ cheesy
hehehe...you dey make me laugh..

No be to lift oil be the koko??..

Na oil go put pmb for trouble..just dey watch..

I hope you don call your relatives wey dey work for shell chevron etc??...

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Military Action Still An Option Against Militancy In Niger Delta – Buhari by Nobody: 11:49pm On Oct 08, 2016
Izonpikin:
hehehe...you dey make me laugh..

No be to lift oil be the koko??..

Na oil go put pmb for trouble..just dey watch..

I hope you don call your relatives wey dey work for shell chevron etc??...

And yet the oil still flows in millions of barrels everyday. I dey laugh you o grin

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Military Action Still An Option Against Militancy In Niger Delta – Buhari by Izonpikin: 11:55pm On Oct 08, 2016
kropotkin2:
And yet the oil still flows in millions of barrels everyday. I dey laugh you o grin
that is because the same buhari is still negotiating..nobody can lift oil from the Niger delta by force..nobody..get that into your skull..

cheesy

I know it pains to accept that..but you've got no choice but to accept it..

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Military Action Still An Option Against Militancy In Niger Delta – Buhari by Nobody: 11:57pm On Oct 08, 2016
Izonpikin:
that is because the same buhari is still negotiating..nobody can lift oil from the Niger delta by force..nobody..get that into your skull..

cheesy

I know it pains to accept that..but you've got no choice but to accept it..
1.7 million barrels a day all because of the smile. grin The crocodile is truly a fearsome beast to behold

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Military Action Still An Option Against Militancy In Niger Delta – Buhari by Izonpikin: 12:07am On Oct 09, 2016
kropotkin2:
1.7 million barrels a day all because of the smile. grin The crocodile is truly a fearsome beast to behold
negotiations bro..negotiations..

cool

E dey pain you well well..deal with it..

You guys should thank God for my brother kachikwu that has helped with relating with the niger delta..

This country no be one person get am o..

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Military Action Still An Option Against Militancy In Niger Delta – Buhari by HtwoOw: 7:25am On Oct 09, 2016
I just want Buhari to skip the negotiation part and get to the real deal.

Some people said since Buhari would not understand then, then they'll speak the language Buhari understands which is violence

So I implore Buhari to let those NAF Jets, combatants and their rifles, armored tanks and drones speak the language these mofos understand too

Bombs and explosions

Easiest solution

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Action Still An Option Against Militancy In Niger Delta – Buhari by kcnwaigbo: 7:34am On Oct 09, 2016
kropotkin2:
Lol it was 1.7 before the bombing of the bonny export line which took away 200k barrels.

BTW even losing 100k barrels is bad enough. For you to even celebrate 1.7 when you can do 2.2 you must be sick. Do you know what 500k barrels can do to the Nigerian economy?

23 Likes

Re: Military Action Still An Option Against Militancy In Niger Delta – Buhari by kcnwaigbo: 7:36am On Oct 09, 2016
HtwoOw:
I just want Buhari to skip the negotiation part and get to the real deal.

Some people said since Buhari would not understand then, then they'll speak the language Buhari understands which is violence

So I implore Buhari to let those NAF Jets, combatants and their rifles, armored tanks and drones speak the language these mofos understand too

Bombs and explosions

Easiest solution
Lol I thought the operation crocodile smile was supposed to be a military operation.Which other action is Left for them? The fact that there are still bombing even in the midst of the so-called operation crocodile smile is a slap to the Nigerian military

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Military Action Still An Option Against Militancy In Niger Delta – Buhari by idensko(m): 7:44am On Oct 09, 2016
Ok

Continue

So what re u doing right now

Even Obasanjo Military tactics was a disaster

Let me remind you
These pple live among people
Dey don't do camps anymore
All dey need to do is hit & hide

Walahi you will stay in the creeks till ur tenure is over

Maybe by then, Nigeria Economy and Republic would've collapsed

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Military Action Still An Option Against Militancy In Niger Delta – Buhari by Izonpikin: 7:48am On Oct 09, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

Lol it was 1.7 before the bombing of the bonny export line which took away 200k barrels.

BTW even losing 100k barrels is bad enough. For you to even celebrate 1.7 when you can do 2.2 you must be sick. Do you know what 500k barrels can do to the Nigerian economy?
leave that arrant olodo...

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Military Action Still An Option Against Militancy In Niger Delta – Buhari by HtwoOw: 8:23am On Oct 09, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

Lol I thought the operation crocodile smile was supposed to be a military operation.Which other action is Left for them? The fact that there are still bombing even in the midst of the so-called operation crocodile smile is a slap to the Nigerian military

Operation crocodile smile was a training program a show of force / power not military crackdown

Arrests were made, yes that was mainly credited to NSCDC and Navy patrol, tell me was Tompolo house ransacked during operation crocodile smile?

No, it'll do you lot of good to actually know what you are talking about

4 Likes

Re: Military Action Still An Option Against Militancy In Niger Delta – Buhari by fineboynl(m): 8:26am On Oct 09, 2016
this man still have the gut to make mouth. after all the shame.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Action Still An Option Against Militancy In Niger Delta – Buhari by EternalTruths: 9:26am On Oct 09, 2016
What of Fulani herdsmen angry

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Action Still An Option Against Militancy In Niger Delta – Buhari by Bugatie(m): 9:26am On Oct 09, 2016
Someone should tell Mr president to declare economic action on the stomach of the masses instead!

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Military Action Still An Option Against Militancy In Niger Delta – Buhari by Nobody: 9:27am On Oct 09, 2016
*On the insurgency in the North East, the president said although his administration “inherited a badly managed Boko Haram”, the capacity of the insurgents to launch attack had been “significantly curtailed.”*

He's always quick to blame his predecessor. I don't understand this kind president o. And if he is wise enough he will banish the thought of military action cause that will be the beginning of his downfall.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Military Action Still An Option Against Militancy In Niger Delta – Buhari by mailmitch(m): 9:28am On Oct 09, 2016
This man is nt jst getting wht it means to lead a con3. U say u are negotiating nd @ thesme time ur fighting thm, and u expect thm to back off or negotiate wth u. Oga president whch school u attend abeg, because tht school has to b bombed. Me I tire fr u o Mr president, u jst no dey hear word thts jst ur problem.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Action Still An Option Against Militancy In Niger Delta – Buhari by borntosuccess(m): 9:29am On Oct 09, 2016
first judges case,now military approach an option I like dis keep on digging ur own downfall slowly

3 Likes

Re: Military Action Still An Option Against Militancy In Niger Delta – Buhari by Chevalier(m): 9:30am On Oct 09, 2016
No matter how we see it, the Niger Delta militants are just terrorising this nation for their selfish interest.

3 Likes

Re: Military Action Still An Option Against Militancy In Niger Delta – Buhari by Engineer123(m): 9:31am On Oct 09, 2016
How I wish Buhari used dialogue to solve Niger delta issues. It is obvious that using military will not yield good results. If federal government is ready for dialogues, militants will comply. Things are hard for the poor people. May God guides our leaders and followers to the right path.

2 Likes

Re: Military Action Still An Option Against Militancy In Niger Delta – Buhari by kcnwaigbo: 9:32am On Oct 09, 2016
HtwoOw:

Operation crocodile smile was a training program a show of force / power not military crackdown

Arrests were made, yes that was mainly credited to NSCDC and Navy patrol, tell me was Tompolo house ransacked during operation crocodile smile?

No, it'll do you lot of good to actually know what you are talking about
Lol crocodile smile a training program? Chai chai there is Godooooo LWKMD

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Aisha Kept Mum On Buhari’s ‘Other Room’ Comment – Biographer / Abiodun Hands Over 55 Vehicles, 200 Bullet Proofs Vests, Helmets To IGP / CAN: US Erred In Delisting Nigeria From Religious Freedom Blacklist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.