Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,725 members, 7,805,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:29 AM

The Irony Of Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Irony Of Religion (1609 Views)

Atheists Are More Intelligent ‘because They Overcome The Instinct Of Religion' / The Irony Of Religion / The Irony Of The Watchtower In Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Irony Of Religion by EyeHateGod: 9:35am On Oct 09, 2016
Christianity
Christianity Is A Religion That Preaches Love But Yet are Divided Into More than 32,000 Dominations That Mostly Hate Each Other. Even Going As far as Preventing Unions Between Each other.

Islam
Islam The Religion of peace BUT Yet are Ready to Cut of ur head when u say anything ill about the Religions or their Prophet. and it is no news That Islam has brought Noting Except from the Opposite of It's slogan Worldwide!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Irony Of Religion by felixomor: 9:39am On Oct 09, 2016
EyeHateGod:
[size=25pt]Christianity [/size]
Christianity Is A Religion That Preaches Love But Yet are Divided Into More than 32,000 Dominations That Mostly Hate Each Other. Even Going As far as Preventing Unions Between Each other.

[size=25pt]Islam[/size]
Islam The Religion of peace BUT Yet are Ready to Cut of ur head when u say anything ill about the Religions or their Prophet. and it is no new That Islam has brought Noting Except from the Opposite of It's slogan Worldwide!

cool

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Irony Of Religion by Officialkenshin(m): 10:03am On Oct 09, 2016
Christianity and Islam are the two most useless and fakest religion on earth as far as mankind is concerned.

4 Likes

Re: The Irony Of Religion by Ofemmanu1: 10:12am On Oct 09, 2016
Officialkenshin:
Christianity and Islam are the two most useless and fakest religion on earth as far as mankind is concerned.
If you were any slower, you'd be going backwards.
Re: The Irony Of Religion by EyeHateGod: 10:21am On Oct 09, 2016
If i am lying in what I posted refute It don't come to my thread To troll or type trash

4 Likes

Re: The Irony Of Religion by honourhim: 10:29am On Oct 09, 2016
EyeHateGod:

[size=25pt]Islam[/size]
Islam The Religion of peace BUT Yet are Ready to Cut of ur head when u say anything ill about the Religions or their Prophet. and it is no news That Islam has brought Noting Except from the Opposite of It's slogan Worldwide!

Christianity is liberal and allows people to question its teachings that's why you see what you call division. Even Jesus did not shut his disciples up from questioning him, neither did he shut other people up from questioning his teachings.
We dont operate like secret cults where the bishop is the grand master whose teachings cannot be questioned. If it were so we would ve had only one bishop controlling every Christian across the globe.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Irony Of Religion by EyeHateGod: 11:15am On Oct 09, 2016
honourhim:

Christianity is liberal and allows people to question its teachings that's why you see what you call division. Even Jesus did not shut his disciples up from questioning him, neither did he shut other people up from questioning his teachings.

1)No one in The Gospel questioned the Teaching Of Jesus They only Asked him Questions If U Have Where He was Questioned Pls Be Free To Quote it

2)Common We Have more Than 32,000 domination what do u think could cause that kind Of Disputation? Just Asking Questions? and by the Way What Happened to the Holy spirit?

We dont operate like secret cults where the bishop is the grand master whose teachings cannot be questioned. If it were so we would ve had only one bishop controlling every Christian across the globe.
Yes it don't Operate Like a Secrete cult But A Religious Cult I understand that!

Ur Second point, it was Like That For A long time b4 the dispution started. at first With Anglican and So and It only Happened easily because Catholic Was No longer in Power Or m i lying?

3 Likes

Re: The Irony Of Religion by gentlegenius(m): 11:30am On Oct 09, 2016
EyeHateGod:

[size=25pt]Islam[/size]
For once, you have finally said something meaningful...
I think relying on the religions of this world are overrated and will never lead us anywhere.
I respect the Bible as it is the most widely used Holy book on earth. According to the Bible, God doesn't recognize any religion on earth except Holiness and Kindness (James 1:27).
So being a religious person has more to do with Who we are and what we do than where we belong.

1 Like

Re: The Irony Of Religion by EyeHateGod: 11:43am On Oct 09, 2016
gentlegenius:

For once, you have finally said something meaningful.
When someone trys to joke with me i joke with them back that's what most Christians do here u just need to learn how to play the game
Re: The Irony Of Religion by gentlegenius(m): 11:46am On Oct 09, 2016
EyeHateGod:

When someone trys to joke with me i joke with them back that's what most Christians do here u just need to learn how to play the game
Alright... I've modified my post.
Re: The Irony Of Religion by JackBizzle: 11:48am On Oct 09, 2016
Lol.....Kingebukasblog is a christian that doesn't go to church.

His own christian (especially his deeper life, JW and MFM) friends would treat him like a leper if they knew that he is slacking as such.

Where is then love in christianity?
Re: The Irony Of Religion by EyeHateGod: 11:55am On Oct 09, 2016
gentlegenius:

I think relying on the religions of this world are overrated and will never lead us anywhere.
I respect the Bible as it is the most widely used Holy book on earth. According to the Bible, God doesn't recognize any religion on earth except Holiness and Kindness (James 1:27).
So being a religious person has more to do with Who we are and what we do than where we belong.
Exactly Me i just need my Freedom from Religion Just like some Christian won't like to post on the Islamic thread cause of accepting islam, Me too i want that freedom from religion We just want to be accepted in the society For who we are Without discrimination that's why u see so many atheist on The Religion section If more people See us In the good light maybe society will accept us But as now we are Still called DEVILS

3 Likes

Re: The Irony Of Religion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:38pm On Oct 09, 2016
JackBizzle:
Lol.....Kingebukasblog is a christian that doesn't go to church.

I rarely go to church , not that I don't go completely .
Re: The Irony Of Religion by plaetton: 12:56pm On Oct 09, 2016
honourhim:

Ignorance on display.

Usual disjointed nonsense.

There is a difference between a question and open rebellion.
If there are 32,000 doctrinal differences or schisms within one belief system, it automatically implies that belief system is built on falsehoods, individual whims and pretenses that open constant challenges by the believers.

I guess you are completely ignorant and never heard of the Inquisition, or the crusades, or the Albigensian Crusades that exterminated an entire ethnic group ?
All carried out by the church against other beliefs.
undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Irony Of Religion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:58pm On Oct 09, 2016
plaetton:

Ignorance on display.

Usual disjointed nonsense.

There is a difference between a question and open rebellion.
If there are 32,000 doctrinal differences or schisms within one belief system, it automatically implies that belief system is built on falsehoods, individual whims and pretenses that open constant challenges by the believers.

I guess you are completely ignorant and never heard of the Inquisition, or the crusades, or the Albigensian Crusades that exterminated an entire ethnic group ?
All carried out by the church against other beliefs.
undecided

One question sir , please don't evade it , do the teachings of Christ assent to the activities of the crusades or the inquisition , Yes or No ?
Re: The Irony Of Religion by plaetton: 1:09pm On Oct 09, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

One question sir , please don't evade it , do the teachings of Christ assent to the activities of the crusades or the inquisition , Yes or No ?

Yes.
Mat: 10:35
" Do not assume that I have come to bring peace upon the Earth, No, but a SWORD ".

Luke 12:53
" 'Father will be divided against son and son against father; mother against .... For I have come to turn 'A man against his father, a daughter against her mother, ... "

Now, with just these 2 Bible quotes from Jesus as examples, there is no stronger inspiration and motivation for evil and endless conflict on Earth.

2 Likes

Re: The Irony Of Religion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:17pm On Oct 09, 2016
plaetton:

Yes.
Mat: 10:35
" Do not assume that I have come to bring peace upon the Earth, No, but a SWORD ".

Luke 12:53
" 'Father will be divided against son and son against father; mother against .... For I have come to turn 'A man against his father, a daughter against her mother, ... "

Now, with just these 2 Bible quotes from Jesus as examples, there is no stronger inspiration and motivation for evil and endless conflict on Earth.

Oh dear God shocked

A sword as mentioned by Christ does not symbolize violence, a sword severs or divides . This simply means that because he came to earth, some children would be set against parents and parents against their children - this is because many who choose to follow Christ are hated by their family members.

Like I always tell atheists , Christ's teachings of love and peace has always suggested to have supported Pacifism .

What about the time Peter attacked Marcus with his sword and Jesus rebuked him and then healed Marcus' severed ear ?

What about the encounter between Jesus and the adulterous woman ? Where his words "He that is without sin among you , should cast the first stone at her ' saved the life of the adulterous woman about to be stoned .

So Sir , you simply misconstrued those particular verses . wink

3 Likes

Re: The Irony Of Religion by plaetton: 1:25pm On Oct 09, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Oh dear God shocked

A sword as mentioned by Christ does not symbolize violence, a sword severs or divides . This simply means that because he came to earth, some children would be set against parents and parents against their children - this is because many who choose to follow Christ are hated by their family members.

Like I always tell atheists , Christ's teachings of love and peace has always suggested to have supported Pacifism .

What about the time Peter attacked Marcus with his sword and Jesus rebuked him and then healed Marcus' severed ear ?

What about the encounter between Jesus and the adulterous woman ? Where his words "He that is without sin among you , should cast the first stone at her ' saved the life of the adulterous woman about to be stoned .

So Sir , you simply misconstrued those particular verses . wink

Shut the fucking up. undecided undecided

So all of a sudden a SWORD doesn't mean a SWORD ?

Stop insulting people here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Irony Of Religion by EyeHateGod: 1:37pm On Oct 09, 2016
plaetton:

Na normal thing Guy! it becomes a metaphor or an irony and besides the Inquisition was About those they think holds the false "teaching of Jesus"
Re: The Irony Of Religion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:37pm On Oct 09, 2016
plaetton:

Sir I've explained what sword means and your choice to reject its all on you .

With your logic , "all the heads of the families gathered at the meeting " should be construed as the individual heads (as in part of the body) were cut and brought to the meeting .

The teacher asked to give him all ears - this means the teacher said we should cut off our ears and give them to him . undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: The Irony Of Religion by gentlegenius(m): 3:46pm On Oct 09, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Exactly Me i just need my Freedom from Religion Just like some Christian won't like to post on the Islamic thread cause of accepting islam, Me too i want that freedom from religion We just want to be accepted in the society For who we are Without discrimination that's why u see so many atheist on The Religion section If more people See us In the good light maybe society will accept us But as now we are Still called DEVILS
I don't believe in any Religion of this world but I believe in God. Atheist are thod the who doesn't believe in the existence of God and I can't afford to be one. A careful observation of the world around you will show that there exist a Supreme being who made certain things to happen the way you see them. To every effects, there's a cause. Even scientists believe this. So pls, don't let the false religions of this world to mislead you into believing that God doesn't exist.
Re: The Irony Of Religion by EyeHateGod: 3:50pm On Oct 09, 2016
gentlegenius:

I don't believe in any Religion of this world but I believe in God. Atheist are thod the who doesn't believe in the existence of God and I can't afford to be one. A careful observation of the world around you will show that there exist a Supreme being who made certain things to happen the way you see them. To every effects, there's a cause. Even scientists believe this. So pls, don't let the false religions of this world to mislead you into believing that God doesn't exist.
So From ur Logic If I don't Believe God Exist What Do i Loose?
Re: The Irony Of Religion by honourhim: 8:48pm On Oct 09, 2016
EyeHateGod:

1)No one in The Gospel questioned the Teaching Of Jesus They only Asked him Questions If U Have Where He was Questioned Pls Be Free To Quote it

2)Common We Have more Than 32,000 domination what do u think could cause that kind Of Disputation? Just Asking Questions? and by the Way What Happened to the Holy spirit?

Yes it don't Operate Like a Secrete cult But A Religious Cult I understand that!

Ur Second point, it was Like That For A long time b4 the dispution started. at first With Anglican and So and It only Happened easily because Catholic Was No longer in Power Or m i lying?

You still dont get it but i will make it more clearer to you this time and leave you to whatever understanding you wish to have about it.

1. Christianity is liberal. its not about denomination but about Christ.
Jesus said - except a man be born again he cannot see the kingdom of God. He didnt say- except a man belong to a particular denomination.

2. there was a time the disciples of Jesus saw a man who was preaching in the name of Jesus and they tried to stop him because he wasnt in their group. when they told Jesus about the man and what they did to him, Jesus rebuked them and said they shouldnt do that. He made it clear to them that he that is not against us is for us. Again you can see that the aim of Jesus about Christianity is not for us to be cage under one denomination.

3. The early churches in the book of Acts of the apostles did not operate under any corporate name as we have it now rather they were identified by their location. For example- The church in Ephesus, the church in Corinth etc. denomination with corporate name wasnt the main thing.

4. The book of Revelation says that those whose names are not written in the book of life will be cast into the lake of fire. It didnt say those who are not members of a denomination.
'
5. Yes over 32,000 denomination preaching about Christ not against Christ. Over 32,000 denomination preaching about the kingdom of God not against it. Zacheus got born again in his house not in a church. Christianity is not about religious dogma, it is about your personal relationship with God. Thats why some people say its not a religion but i dont even care whether its religion or not. The emphasis is on personal relationship with God.

6. yes there may be fake ones among them but by their fruits we shall no them. In almost every facet of life there is fake and original so nothing strange about it.

1 Like

Re: The Irony Of Religion by EyeHateGod: 11:20pm On Oct 09, 2016
honourhim:

You still dont get it but i will make it more clearer to you this time and leave you to whatever understanding you wish to have about it.

1. Christianity is liberal. its not about denomination but about Christ.
Jesus said - except a man be born again he cannot see the kingdom of God. He didnt say- except a man belong to a particular denomination.

If it's liberal why do u persecute Gays? and Do not support gay Marriage? Do u know what liberal means?

2. there was a time the disciples of Jesus saw a man who was preaching in the name of Jesus and they tried to stop him because he wasnt in their group. when they told Jesus about the man and what they did to him, Jesus rebuked them and said they shouldnt do that. He made it clear to them that he that is not against us is for us. Again you can see that the aim of Jesus about Christianity is not for us to be cage under one denomination.
This didn't answer any of my questions

3. The early churches in the book of Acts of the apostles did not operate under any corporate name as we have it now rather they were identified by their location. For example- The church in Ephesus, the church in Corinth etc. denomination with corporate name wasnt the main thing.

What Question did this one Answer?

4. The book of Revelation says that those whose names are not written in the book of life will be cast into the lake of fire. It didnt say those who are not members of a denomination.
1)How do u know If ur domination. is Teaching the right thing?

2)Can u Switch ur Church Easily? like maybe start going to Catholic? or Jehovah witness?

5. Yes over 32,000 denomination preaching about Christ not against Christ. Over 32,000 denomination preaching about the kingdom of God not against it.

Mat 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
Mat 10:41 He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward; and he that receiveth a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man's reward.
Mat 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if [it were] possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

got born again in his house not in a church. Christianity is not about religious dogma, it is about your personal relationship with God. Thats why some people say its not a religion but i dont even care whether its religion or not. The emphasis is on personal relationship with God.
Pls Where does it Say in the Bible that "Christianity" is a personal relationship with pls I'll need bible reference!

6. yes there may be fake ones among them but by their fruits we shall no them. In almost every facet of life there is fake and original so nothing strange about it.
How do u know urs is Not Fake?

Mat 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
Re: The Irony Of Religion by hopefulLandlord: 9:55am On Dec 15, 2016
hmmm
Re: The Irony Of Religion by JackBizzle: 10:00am On Dec 15, 2016
Lol.....KingEbukasblog's lies on this thread are just too funny!

The way he spins those lies...... cheesy
Re: The Irony Of Religion by hopefulLandlord: 11:13am On Dec 15, 2016
big irony
Re: The Irony Of Religion by hopefulLandlord: 3:03am On Jan 17, 2017
hugely ironical
Re: The Irony Of Religion by EyeHateGod: 1:14pm On Jun 28, 2017
lol
Re: The Irony Of Religion by hoMegas(m): 6:30pm On Jun 28, 2017
honourhim:

Christianity is not liberal anddoes not allows people to question its teachings that's why you see what you call division. Even Jesus did shut his disciples up from questioning him, and he did he shut other people up from questioning his teachings.
We operate like secret cults where the bishop is the grand master whose teachings cannot be questioned. we have had only one bishop controlling every Christian across the globe.

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

See This Big Church They Just Built In My Area / Photo Of A Child Made To Recreate Jesus' Crucifixion, Surfaces Online / My Life Have Become Disaster Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.