Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,518 members, 7,808,888 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:41 PM

Tecno Mobile Plans To Open A Manufacturing Plant In Lagos Nigeria - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Mobile Plans To Open A Manufacturing Plant In Lagos Nigeria (9914 Views)

Tecno Mobile Launches Full Display Screen Smartphone, ‘CAMON CM’ / Tecno Mobile Is Set To Launch Its First Full-view Smartphone / Spark K7: The Latest Smartphone By TECNO Mobile, See Specs And Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno Mobile Plans To Open A Manufacturing Plant In Lagos Nigeria by tonio2wo: 7:09am On Oct 10, 2016
mrvitalis:
And they say Buhari economic policies are driving away investots... . I keep telling them.. No real investor will leave Nigeria at this point except those who want to just rip us off

Pls leave politics out of this matter. Tecno is PLANNING to come, they have not said or confirmed they are coming.
Re: Tecno Mobile Plans To Open A Manufacturing Plant In Lagos Nigeria by Shoboy6h: 7:14am On Oct 10, 2016
Buhari drive them.. we nor lik développement cheesy grin grin
Re: Tecno Mobile Plans To Open A Manufacturing Plant In Lagos Nigeria by henryobinna(m): 7:14am On Oct 10, 2016
mrvitalis:
And they say Buhari economic policies are driving away investots... . I keep telling them.. No real investor will leave Nigeria at this point except those who want to just rip us off
it's not everything you bring politics into.

Tecno has been here even before Buhari became President. So they've already invested here.

if you say the president's policies aren't driving away investors what about those who have left or they're not investors too.

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Mobile Plans To Open A Manufacturing Plant In Lagos Nigeria by Nobody: 7:16am On Oct 10, 2016
Tecmobs:
Chinese phone company, Tecno, whose business has entered its 10th year the Middle East and African markets, has informed of plans to set up a manufacturing plant in Nigeria.

For effect, the firm said it has secured a large expanse of land in one of the choicest areas of Lagos.

Tecno Deputy Marketing Manager, Nigeria, Attai Oguche, who disclosed this in Lagos, at the launch of the firm’s new mobile devices—Phantom 6 and Phantom 6 Plus, said the firm is committed to the Nigerian market, hence the need to site a manufacturing plant in the country.

Oguche said while Tecno has its first African manufacturing plant in Ethiopia, the firm has established presence in 48 territories, “Nigeria, Kenya and Tanzania respectively remain the biggest market on the continent for the phone company.”

The firm said it has revolutionised mobile telephony in well over 30 African countries; giving mobile users global quality devices at affordable rates. The strategy of adopting innovation works and for Tecno, the turning point was the introduction of dual SIM technology into its range of feature phones and smartphones well before top mobile brands doing business in same markets could respond to a glaring consumer need.

Giving more insight into the newly launched device, which was globally unveiled in Dubai, UAE, Tecno Digital Marketing Executive, Jesse Oguntimehin, said the firm currently controls 25.3 per cent market share in Nigeria.

The Official launch of Phantom 6 on September 25 at Burj Khalifa towers; Dubai is brand’s first step in long-term growth plan for the Middle-east and South American markets

Oguntimehin said Tecno has a good reason to celebrate its first decade of existence; enjoying particularly rising shipment to Africa and south-east Asian markets

VISIT SITE
http://www.tecnomobiles.com/2016/10/tecno-expands-to-new-markets-plans-to.html?m=1
Yippeeeee! That's good news. They should also consider opening another plant in Niger-delta and Sambisa in Maiduguri. undecided
Re: Tecno Mobile Plans To Open A Manufacturing Plant In Lagos Nigeria by Kingzy4pep(m): 7:17am On Oct 10, 2016
Hope the working conditions will be favourable to Nigerians. Not enslaving workers like they always do.
Re: Tecno Mobile Plans To Open A Manufacturing Plant In Lagos Nigeria by excanny: 7:18am On Oct 10, 2016
A good step in the right direction.
Re: Tecno Mobile Plans To Open A Manufacturing Plant In Lagos Nigeria by mrvitalis(m): 7:18am On Oct 10, 2016
henryobinna:
it's not everything you bring politics into.

Tecno has been here even before Buhari became President. So they've already invested here.

if you say the president's policies aren't driving away investors what about those who have left or they're not investors too.

If the economic decision is bad... Techno wont be expanding.. theu have looked at it. ..
Re: Tecno Mobile Plans To Open A Manufacturing Plant In Lagos Nigeria by obembet(f): 7:18am On Oct 10, 2016
why not in Niger Delta
Re: Tecno Mobile Plans To Open A Manufacturing Plant In Lagos Nigeria by emerged01(m): 7:20am On Oct 10, 2016
Why Lagos? Why not ogun state? Ogun state is the next big thing.
Re: Tecno Mobile Plans To Open A Manufacturing Plant In Lagos Nigeria by Youngzedd(m): 7:22am On Oct 10, 2016
tonio2wo:

With nepa wahala? D difference wont be much o! They will spend huge for power.

And importation of phone parts. What they will do is assembling for now.
Re: Tecno Mobile Plans To Open A Manufacturing Plant In Lagos Nigeria by sungelsocco(m): 7:23am On Oct 10, 2016
This is a welcome development and I like that
Only that their product should be cost effective in this country of manufacture, I mean we need home advantage
Re: Tecno Mobile Plans To Open A Manufacturing Plant In Lagos Nigeria by Nobody: 7:28am On Oct 10, 2016
nestic:
Tecno Tecno i hail, why una phone just cause (expensive) anyhow, una phone before na for everybody now na for nobody only for the rich, i go only feel una wen all tecno phones price range becomes 2k to 5k #ChangeBeginsWithUs
lols
Re: Tecno Mobile Plans To Open A Manufacturing Plant In Lagos Nigeria by Nobody: 7:30am On Oct 10, 2016
Youngzedd:

And importation of phone parts. What they will do is assembling for now.
Are you aware that nickel had been discovered in Nigeria? Chinese are smart people. One of the factors to consider before setting up an industry is nearness or proximity to raw materials. Nickel can draw the likes of apple, microsoft, samsung, etc to Nigeria in near future due to this. Labour is also cheap here. This is why we've been appealing to our Niger-delta brothers to stop the act of kidnapping and vandalism, also appealing to our northern brothers to stop killing innocent nigerians. Before an investor can put down his/money, he'd first consider security and safety of his investment and workers. All these vices can render their regions underdeveloped if they continue.
Re: Tecno Mobile Plans To Open A Manufacturing Plant In Lagos Nigeria by highwaist: 7:53am On Oct 10, 2016
This very goood development,more jobs will come up and my passion for buy nigeria products will increase
Re: Tecno Mobile Plans To Open A Manufacturing Plant In Lagos Nigeria by highwaist: 7:56am On Oct 10, 2016
awelekiti:
Lalasticlala, wondering why you've not barred this guy. If he needs to advertise, why not buy space?
the adv was truncated already by admins,
Re: Tecno Mobile Plans To Open A Manufacturing Plant In Lagos Nigeria by lastburn(m): 8:04am On Oct 10, 2016
Nothing made in Nigeria is cheaper... U can ask around.
shiftback:

Are you seriously asking? Of course its going to be cheaper.
Re: Tecno Mobile Plans To Open A Manufacturing Plant In Lagos Nigeria by Joshkid(m): 8:08am On Oct 10, 2016
ikombe:
All i want to ask is , If dem open plant for here shey dere phones go dey cheaper
it's gonna be way cheaper
Re: Tecno Mobile Plans To Open A Manufacturing Plant In Lagos Nigeria by Dandsome: 8:33am On Oct 10, 2016
With this, the phantom 6 + will be sold for N90k. Just saying.
Re: Tecno Mobile Plans To Open A Manufacturing Plant In Lagos Nigeria by hylyne(m): 8:42am On Oct 10, 2016
Naija doesn't have regular power supply oooo
Secondly, FOREX no dey oooo....
So nobody should hire and fire with the above reasons...
Thanks.
Re: Tecno Mobile Plans To Open A Manufacturing Plant In Lagos Nigeria by Youngzedd(m): 9:07am On Oct 10, 2016
awelekiti:
Are you aware that nickel had been discovered in Nigeria? Chinese are smart people. One of the factors to consider before setting up an industry is nearness or proximity to raw materials. Nickel can draw the likes of apple, microsoft, samsung, etc to Nigeria in near future due to this. Labour is also cheap here. This is why we've been appealing to our Niger-delta brothers to stop the act of kidnapping and vandalism, also appealing to our northern brothers to stop killing innocent nigerians. Before an investor can put down his/money, he'd first consider security and safety of his investment and workers. All these vices can render their regions underdeveloped if they continue.

It's not yet in large quantity.
Re: Tecno Mobile Plans To Open A Manufacturing Plant In Lagos Nigeria by Nobody: 9:10am On Oct 10, 2016
hylyne:

Naija doesn't have regular power supply oooo

Secondly, FOREX no dey oooo....

So nobody should hire and fire with the above reasons...

Thanks.
It doesn't matter bro. Every company should learn how to generate power by themselves. It's cheaper in the long run. I visited one tiles company in edo state, massive! It's owned by a Chinese firm. In that community where they're located, there's no electricity but the company generated it's own power by itself. It's the largest tiles manufacturer in africa...amazing, hun? Nigeria doesn't import tiles as much as they used to in the past, since the company came on board. Dangote cement and elephant cement generate their own power. If I do not know much of Dangote cement, at least, I'm quite familiar with elephant/lafarge cement plant at Ewekoro in ogun state. They generate their own electricity and even feed the community with power, for free. Gone are the days when power used to be a major determining factor to consider before setting up an industry. On the Forex issue, everything boils down to the federal government and their policies . If they really want to encourage the infant and indigenous industries to thrive, they can make their polices flexible for them by instructing the bank to sell forex to a number of them at a special rate, just to encourage them. The govt can give them a concession on taxes too. We enjoyed a similar benefit recently under the CBN's Futures Fund. We got forex at 288 naira to a USD. We transacted our business via L/C. So, it's not a problem provided the enabling environment is made available to investors
Re: Tecno Mobile Plans To Open A Manufacturing Plant In Lagos Nigeria by Yomi6(m): 9:14am On Oct 10, 2016
Hopes the Nigerian government doesn't Bleep this up.
They're a lot to come from this development. Employment and stuffs
Re: Tecno Mobile Plans To Open A Manufacturing Plant In Lagos Nigeria by Nobody: 9:16am On Oct 10, 2016
Youngzedd:

It's not yet in large quantity.
ok. It's a step in the right direction. Ours is one of the best globally in terms of quality and value,according to an international mining firm's rating. We can still get more.
Re: Tecno Mobile Plans To Open A Manufacturing Plant In Lagos Nigeria by ikombe: 9:41am On Oct 10, 2016
martineverest:
so,ur plan na to buy phone 50 naira
If possible YES undecided
Re: Tecno Mobile Plans To Open A Manufacturing Plant In Lagos Nigeria by Nobody: 10:21am On Oct 10, 2016
Vanillaskin:
What I hate about this:
Taking a job in a Chinese company is like selling yourself into slavery.

What I like about this:
If Nigerians can try to copy the art of manufacturing from them, just like they did from the western world when they outsourced manufacturing to them. This form of skills transfer and integration is much needed in Nigeria. I hope we learn from it, not to go take jobs with them and grow old working for them.

God bless you! This is exactly the kind of comment i was looking for. We still have Nigerians with positive mindset!
Re: Tecno Mobile Plans To Open A Manufacturing Plant In Lagos Nigeria by thunderbabs: 10:33am On Oct 10, 2016
Manufacturing or Assembly plant?
Re: Tecno Mobile Plans To Open A Manufacturing Plant In Lagos Nigeria by Zalam5: 10:47am On Oct 10, 2016
shiftback:

Are you seriously asking? Of course its going to be cheaper.
I thought so
Re: Tecno Mobile Plans To Open A Manufacturing Plant In Lagos Nigeria by Zalam5: 10:50am On Oct 10, 2016
Vanillaskin:
What I hate about this:
Taking a job in a Chinese company is like selling yourself into slavery.

What I like about this:
If Nigerians can try to copy the art of manufacturing from them, just like they did from the western world when they outsourced manufacturing to them. This form of skills transfer and integration is much needed in Nigeria. I hope we learn from it, not to go take jobs with them and grow old working for them.

In Mtn voice=true talk
Re: Tecno Mobile Plans To Open A Manufacturing Plant In Lagos Nigeria by kzzyguy02: 11:31am On Oct 10, 2016
That a good one step from Techno, a plus for there company and a plus employment, cheaper rate device for we Nigerians.
( check http://kzinfonews..com for more info)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why I Would Not Be Upgrading To A New 2018 Flagship Phone This Year. / Does The New Nokia 3310 Support Whatsapp And Facebook? / How To Keep Your MTN Number Safe When Travelling Abroad To Avoid Deactivation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.