Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,904 members, 7,802,931 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:56 AM

A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities (27697 Views)

How Federal Universities Are Covering Up Corruption And Sexual Harassment-SERAP / FG Approves Six New Private Universities (names) / 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities by Kei144(m): 12:28pm On Oct 09, 2016
Some parents who have wards in both Federal and Private universities are of the opinion that a few private universities are cheaper and of higher quality than some Federal universities. One particular parent who has a child in UNIZIK and another child in Paul University Awka said that he prefers the private university. He said that in the Federal university, he has to rent off-campus accommodation at very high price. Also in the federal university, he has to pay for transportation, faculty, department and SUG levies; he also pays for handouts and other incidental charges. Of course he has to pay for electricity, water, etc.

In the example private university cited above, he only pays a total of nearly 300,000 naira persession, that could be in two semester installments, and that takes care of everything. Accommodation is included. No transportation cost. Handout is banned. No other levies whatsoever. And there is security and zero cultism. In addition, the private university has a number of high-profile academic staff, some of whom retired from some notable Federal universities, public parastatals and industries.

What do you think about this comparison?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities by funstufz: 12:51pm On Oct 09, 2016
True to some extent, in fact I heard about a university in osun state that gives part-scholarship to students who maintain 3.0 GPA.
I heard that with the scholarship, the fee is less than 300,000 while full payment is sligtly more than that.

8 Likes

Re: A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities by Kei144(m): 1:09pm On Oct 09, 2016
The general thinking is that all private universities are too expensive. The reality now seems to be that if we get down to really count the cost, some private universities are actually better in terms of both cost and quality. Lecturers in public universities are generally overlords, who do whatever they want with students. In private universities, lecturers are more humble, being limited by the university management.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities by Jamez122: 2:17pm On Oct 09, 2016
Tuition Fees Per Semester

Oduduwa university - N180,000 Obong university- N170,000 Paul university- N150,000

The Cheapest Private university for now....

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities by d4guy: 4:14pm On Oct 09, 2016
Jamez122:

Oduduwa university - N180,000
Obong university- N170,000
Paul university- N150,000

Step outside the border of this country, and no one recognises your certificates

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities by babyfaceafrica: 5:06pm On Oct 09, 2016
d4guy:

Step outside the border of this country, and no one recognises your certificates
lol

5 Likes

Re: A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities by nanaman(m): 5:17pm On Oct 09, 2016
Jamez122:

Per semester and things have changed bro.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities by ednut1(m): 5:17pm On Oct 09, 2016
which one is paul university ehn. most employers only recognise AUN, Covenant, landmark, babcock nd bowen. even OOU dey my office me never see all dis strange unis

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities by Jamez122: 5:23pm On Oct 09, 2016
d4guy:

Young man all universities in nigeria are licenced and accreditated by nuc and federal government whether Federal,state or private. university.

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities by nanaman(m): 5:24pm On Oct 09, 2016
d4guy:

Yours will be accepted, right? And who says when you're going for Masters. My brother, be proud of what you have.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities by nanaman(m): 5:26pm On Oct 09, 2016
ednut1:
which one is paul university ehn. most employers only recognise AUN, Covenant, landmark, babcock nd bowen. even OOU dey my office me never see all dis strange unis

Hold your lips. Havard grad. Mcheew.

Why you just have hatred for private uni grads as if they are from another planet.? Haba

8 Likes

Re: A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities by d4guy: 5:30pm On Oct 09, 2016
Jamez122:
Young man all universities in nigeria are licenced and accreditated by nuc and federal government whether Federal,state or private. university.
I don hear you, na you sabi .

5 Likes

Re: A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities by ednut1(m): 5:31pm On Oct 09, 2016
nanaman:

Hold your lips. Havard grad. Mcheew.

Why you just have hatred for private uni grads as if they are from another planet.? Haba
talking from experience bro. i have no hatred for private unis. most employers only want those few private unis i have stated

8 Likes

Re: A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities by d4guy: 5:32pm On Oct 09, 2016
nanaman:

Yours will be accepted, right? And who says when you're going for Masters. My brother, be proud of what you have.
I am not understanding you , I was talking about those private uni he mentioned .

2 Likes

Re: A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities by nanaman(m): 5:37pm On Oct 09, 2016
d4guy:

I am not understanding you , I was talking about those private uni he mentioned .

Whichever you're reffering to, so far they are accredited,it will be accepted for further studies.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities by sevantex(m): 6:12pm On Oct 09, 2016
ednut1:
grin grin
This man and yr comments, i always have a good laff reading ur comments cos u nor dy fit sugar coat chumchin. u dy always drop am as e dy hot, hehe
as for private unis, its best to attend the ones everybodi knws. At the end, ability to prove urself is still the main tin.
God dy

6 Likes

Re: A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities by Sibrah: 6:33pm On Oct 09, 2016
d4guy:

Lie from the pit of hell. NUC standard for private uni is even higher compared to public uni.

5 Likes

Re: A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities by Sibrah: 6:37pm On Oct 09, 2016
ednut1:
Afe babalola uni nko? Bowen nko?

2 Likes

Re: A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities by ednut1(m): 6:40pm On Oct 09, 2016
Sibrah:
Afe babalola uni nko? Bowen nko?
i put bowen der. afe babalola too forgot to add it

2 Likes

Re: A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities by Kei144(m): 7:10pm On Oct 09, 2016
[quote author=ednut1 post=50059749] i put bowen der. afe babalola too forgot to add it[/quote

Nigerians regarded UNN graduates with derision, with the thinking that only University of London, Ibadan Campus, graduates were the real deal. Then UNN graduates show-cased their quality and everybody was dumb-founded.

7 Likes

Re: A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities by kentochi(m): 9:40pm On Oct 09, 2016
Jamez122:

this will be helpful

1 Like

Re: A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities by Omero(m): 10:22pm On Oct 09, 2016
hmmmmmmmm, make I just keep quiet!
Re: A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities by Cordis92(f): 11:26pm On Oct 09, 2016
The truth of the matter is that the student in UNIZIK might not have been honest with the mother. Have we forgotten how students pad these levies to get money from their parents? grin Who knows how much s/he demands for faculty, department and co levies. No matter what federal universities are way cheaper than those unknown private universities.

7 Likes

Re: A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities by Omoocash(m): 11:48pm On Oct 09, 2016
ednut1:

What of ABUAD ?

2 Likes

Re: A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities by Kei144(m): 5:36am On Oct 10, 2016
Cordis92:
The truth of the matter is that the student in UNIZIK might not have been honest with the mother. Have we forgotten how students pad these levies to get money from their parents? grin Who knows how much s/he demands for faculty, department and co levies. No matter what federal universities are way cheaper than those unknown private universities.

Paul University is definitely cheaper than UNIZIK. Paul University is also way better than UNIZIK in terms of quality.; talk of cheating in exams, sorting, female students harrasment, etc. People should not be deceiving themselves with the idea of "known universities" or "unknown universities"; employers do not assess graduates based on how well-known or not their alma mater is, they rather interview the graduates and give them aptitude test. Universities (foreign and local) also do not admit candidates into their postgraduate schools based on where they graduated from, but from various assessments. The first set of Paul University graduates finished NYSC in 2015; already several of them are doing their Masters programmes in a number of federal universities. I know a Tansian University graduate who performed excellently in GRE and TOEFEL, and is now completing her masters programme in the USA. I also know UNIZIK graduates that couldn't gain admission in USA university due to GRE and TOEFEL.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities by RobinHez(m): 9:25am On Oct 10, 2016
d4guy:

If they are accredited, there's nothing you can do about it as an employer except you wanna use sentiment...which is bad in itself undecided

1 Like

Re: A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities by sleeknick: 9:41am On Oct 10, 2016
mtcheeewwww......

Who wants to sell a phone. I have 15k to buy a gud fairly used fone
Contact me on: 08167650196 I'm in Lagos

1 Like

Re: A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities by right0100: 9:42am On Oct 10, 2016
interesting...how true is this??
Re: A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities by Nairadays: 9:42am On Oct 10, 2016
Is Crawford University Among? grin grin

Anyway it is certain privately run ventures are always managed better than large white elephant Federal or State Government Parastatals, reason is Personnel and manpower are better administered.

But a problem of the privately held companies is the overzealous never ending lust for profit. E.g. the Banks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities by veekid(m): 9:42am On Oct 10, 2016
Yeye
Re: A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities by JoBabs(m): 9:43am On Oct 10, 2016
Front page again
Re: A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities by JoBabs(m): 9:43am On Oct 10, 2016
veekid:
Yeye

Did u just make FP with this post?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ekayoma Rukevwe Emerges Best Graduating Student From US College (Photos) / Isioma Okobah Wins Highest Medical Award In US (Photo) / ASUU Strike Will Be Over In Few Months – Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.