Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,719 members, 7,802,169 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:21 AM

These Questions Are Begging DSS For Answers... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / These Questions Are Begging DSS For Answers... (1032 Views)

Ohaneze President Arrested By DSS For Supporting Biafra / THE YOUTHS OF THIS COUNTRY ARE BEGGING FOR ATIKU TO LEAD THEM(2019) / Malami Sends Names Of Six Judges To DSS For Probe - CJN writes Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

These Questions Are Begging DSS For Answers... by temitemi1(m): 1:18pm On Oct 09, 2016
1) Search Warrants are executed between 6:00 AM and 6:00 PM except on weekends.

2) Search Warrants are valid only if issued by a court of competent jurisdiction.

3) Search Warrants obtained in one State of Nigeria cannot be executed in another State excepted it is endorsed by a Magistrate or Judge equal in rank to the one that issued the Warrant.

4) Only two or three agencies in Nigeria are charged with the investigation of corruption cases namely the EFCC, the ICPC and the Nigeria Police.

5) Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs) and VIPs who do not constitute a flight risk are usually invited to appear before investigation Agencies.

6) The National Judicial Commission (NJC) is the only body empowered to sanction Judges and Justices found wanting in the discharge of their duties.

7) A current Governor is the Chief Security Officer of his State.

cool A current Governor enjoys immunity in terms of prosecution and the inviolability of his person.

9) The Judges in question have issued unfavourable judgements against the arresting Agency in the past, thus casting aspersions on the motive for their arrest.

ISSUES FOR DETERMINATION
1) Did the arresting Agency actually procure an Arrest Warrant from a Court of competent jurisdiction?

2) Did the arresting Agency adhere to the rules governing the procurement and execution of a Search Warrant?

3) Did the arresting Agency exhaust the option of extending an invitation to the suspects before procuring the Arrest Warrant?

4) Did the arrested suspects at any time pose the risk of taking to flight?

5) Does the arresting Agency not have people at all the land, sea and air borders to prevent an escape of the suspects?

6) Did the arresting Agency at any time write a letter to the National Judicial Commission (NJC) highlighting the offences committed by the suspects and demanding their release for an interview?

This Court reserves judgement in this matter. I will rise.

Copied

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: These Questions Are Begging DSS For Answers... by SalomonKane: 1:29pm On Oct 09, 2016
GEJ till 2019! Where did you dig this up?

2 Likes

Re: These Questions Are Begging DSS For Answers... by mazifrankmore: 1:32pm On Oct 09, 2016
We live in a banana republic where an old illiterate tyrant does what ever comes to his empty skull.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Questions Are Begging DSS For Answers... by bennyann: 1:40pm On Oct 09, 2016
I'm sure they will dodge these questions and even twist it around by shouting the judges are corrupt.

OP be warned, the corruption fighters shouters will be on their way soon cos in their dreams they represent 'team DSS"

3 Likes

Re: These Questions Are Begging DSS For Answers... by Bugatie(m): 1:43pm On Oct 09, 2016
temitemi1:
1) Search Warrants are executed between 6:00 AM and 6:00 PM except on weekends.

2) Search Warrants are valid only if issued by a court of competent jurisdiction.

3) Search Warrants obtained in one State of Nigeria cannot be executed in another State excepted it is endorsed by a Magistrate or Judge equal in rank to the one that issued the Warrant.

4) Only two or three agencies in Nigeria are charged with the investigation of corruption cases namely the EFCC, the ICPC and the Nigeria Police.

5) Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs) and VIPs who do not constitute a flight risk are usually invited to appear before investigation Agencies.

6) The National Judicial Commission (NJC) is the only body empowered to sanction Judges and Justices found wanting in the discharge of their duties.

7) A current Governor is the Chief Security Officer of his State.

cool A current Governor enjoys immunity in terms of prosecution and the inviolability of his person.

9) The Judges in question have issued unfavourable judgements against the arresting Agency in the past, thus casting aspersions on the motive for their arrest.

ISSUES FOR DETERMINATION
1) Did the arresting Agency actually procure an Arrest Warrant from a Court of competent jurisdiction?

2) Did the arresting Agency adhere to the rules governing the procurement and execution of a Search Warrant?

3) Did the arresting Agency exhaust the option of extending an invitation to the suspects before procuring the Arrest Warrant?

4) Did the arrested suspects at any time pose the risk of taking to flight?

5) Does the arresting Agency not have people at all the land, sea and air borders to prevent an escape of the suspects?

6) Did the arresting Agency at any time write a letter to the National Judicial Commission (NJC) highlighting the offences committed by the suspects and demanding their release for an interview?

This Court reserves judgement in this matter. I will rise.

Copied

Nice one Temitemi... Continue to educate the zombies

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: These Questions Are Begging DSS For Answers... by 9jii(m): 1:45pm On Oct 09, 2016
Ignorance shouldn't be an excuse
Laziness shouldn't be your barrier

Laziness leads to ignorance> Failure > poverty >Anger>Hatred.
That's why 2015 Election brought generation of angry youths from the East.

Go an do your homework don't be Lazy.
Re: These Questions Are Begging DSS For Answers... by psucc(m): 1:47pm On Oct 09, 2016
Buhari is not educated and so may not understand most if the wordings of the Nigerian Constitution.

His handlers though Buhari himself is heady, ought to have schooled him on the principles and provisions.

It is a disgrace that in the history of the world in a democracy, sitting judges and justices are being arrested as armed robbers in the dead of the night.

3 Likes

Re: These Questions Are Begging DSS For Answers... by Mynd44: 1:49pm On Oct 09, 2016
1. That's a lie. Look at the first attached picture

2. And who told you a competent court did not grant one. According to reports, they had a warrant

3. Have you seen he warrant to conclude that it was not endorsed?

4. False. The president is at liberty to assign the SSS to any case if it is noted that the agency in charge is not capable of fully carrying out the responsibility

5. Wrong. Not in a case where you are hoping to catch the suspect with evidence that are important to the case

6. Wrong. 1. The NJC lacks the powers to arrest
2. The SSS has already reported this to the NJC

7. So? He does noy have the authority over the SSS

8. The governor was not arrested

9. That is nonsense.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: These Questions Are Begging DSS For Answers... by Bugatie(m): 1:51pm On Oct 09, 2016
Mynd44:

2. And who told you a competent court did not grant one. According to reports, they had a warrant

4. False. The president is at liberty to assign the SSS to any case if it is noted that the agency in charge is not capable of fully carrying out the responsibility

5. Wrong. Not in a case where you are hoping to catch the suspect with evidence that are important to the case

9. That is nonsense.

Oga the way your defending this case ehh...

I for tell you one bad thing now if not for ban cry

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: These Questions Are Begging DSS For Answers... by temitemi1(m): 1:59pm On Oct 09, 2016
Mynd44:

9. That is nonsense.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Questions Are Begging DSS For Answers... by Mynd44: 1:59pm On Oct 09, 2016
Bugatie:

I hate falsehoods and half truths
Re: These Questions Are Begging DSS For Answers... by Mynd44: 2:00pm On Oct 09, 2016
[quote author=temitemi1 post=50052342][/quote]
You are tagging me with @akaebube? You're funny grin grin
Re: These Questions Are Begging DSS For Answers... by todayboy: 2:06pm On Oct 09, 2016
Mynd44:

9. That is nonsense.
You don't have to attached a fake document to proof a point

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Questions Are Begging DSS For Answers... by Abeymills(m): 3:02pm On Oct 09, 2016
Imagine some creatures defending thier tin god bubuhari anyway nigeria has we now knw it is at d mercies of God n not buhari cos his mare mortal
Re: These Questions Are Begging DSS For Answers... by ivandragon: 3:08pm On Oct 09, 2016
if I recall correctly...

former justice ayo salami had similar allegations of corruption leveled against him, but at no time was he arrested or detained (I stand to be corrected).

throughout his ordeal, it was the NJC that was fully in charge of the matter.

I remember the uproar when the NJC reversed its decision & recommended his reinstatement (2012 I think) & the FG failed to do the needful, I felt it was a silly move for the FG not to obey the the NJC...

my point is, the NJC is the body tasked with the discipline of its members.

if the need should arise that judges have to be arrested, it is the NJC that should give the directive.

if the security agencies strongly believe that they need to act outside the recommendations of the NJC, the DSS is not the agency to do so. it is the ICPC, or EFCC or lastly, the Police.

the above agencies may request assistance from the DSS, but they would be the lead agency.

already the DSS have contradicted themselves, initial they claimed $2m was found with justice ademola, but the money is now less than $1m...

I eagerly await the reactions of the judges...

2 Likes

Re: These Questions Are Begging DSS For Answers... by bayelsaowei(m): 4:46pm On Oct 09, 2016
Bugatie:

ask him to show us the warrant na..

Abuse him..a ban doesn't kill.. angry
Re: These Questions Are Begging DSS For Answers... by vengertime: 5:01pm On Oct 09, 2016
I C C to hang Buhari soon.
Re: These Questions Are Begging DSS For Answers... by bayelsaowei(m): 5:02pm On Oct 09, 2016
Mynd44:

I hate falsehoods and half truths
grin

But you love hypocrisy... grin

How far sarakis forgery case??... grin
Re: These Questions Are Begging DSS For Answers... by ElsonMorali: 5:10pm On Oct 09, 2016
There will always be people like this op in every society. But when we have them as a majority then that society become Nigeria.

Some think this is a Nairaland game where you keep arguing no matter how foolish you sound until you wear down your opponent.

I can only hope Buhari will continue on this path and make sure that the Augean stable is totally clean by 2019.

(1) (Reply)

Professor Oditah SAN - "No Excuse For DSS Desecration of Rule of Law" / (VIDEO) Review Of "The Politics Of Biafra And The Future Of Nigeria" / Full List Of President Buhari's 93 Ambassadorial Nominees(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.