Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,856 members, 7,802,748 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:37 PM

Science Need Faith To Thrive - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Science Need Faith To Thrive (474 Views)

How Homo Sapiens Could Thrive In All Kinds Of Places / Why ICT Smes Can’t Thrive In Nigeria – By Operators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Science Need Faith To Thrive by Harmony10: 4:26pm On Oct 09, 2016
This thread is not to disapprove of anyone. I can't be the judge of how people have chosen to live their lives. However, I read from and have spoken to quite a few Non-Christians (I mean Atheist, Scientist/Intellectuals, Agnostic...) who have problem with Christianity saying that it is ANTI-SCIENCETIC, ANTI-INTELLECTUAL.... How did Christianity come about all its claims? How did Christians believe all the trash propagated in the Bible and their pastors/leaders if they are not gullible, ignorant, unscientific, lazy thinkers....? Conclusion, christianity is a FRAUD.

Now I won't try to defend CHRISTIANITY. No matter how hard I try some people will not agree with me because they won't UNDERSTAND it. But I have a Challenge for all Atheist (@Aaronson, @SonofLucifer, @EyeHateGod and @SeunOsewa himself), Agnostic, Scientist, Intellectuals etc who feel Christians are Gullible and do not use their brains because rather than using scientific methods to reach conclusion they recourse to FAITH. Christians can't verify their Assertions hence they live by Faith (lazy way of thinking).

Let me define Faith according to Internet dico:

1. complete trust or confidence in someone or something.

2. strong belief in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual conviction rather than proof.

The highlight of the definitions is trust or confidence in something you can't proof.

Now my challenge to all my friends on the other sides. I asked @EyehateGod a question which he refused to answer. He deflected the question till he ran out of the thread... Please I am a Christian and am so proud of my beliefs because you on the other side have not proven to me that you are better thinkers. My question is

1. How many Scientific laws were you able to prove by yourself. You proved some in the Lab and You believed the Rest

2. Science told you the size of the moon, sun and other bodies in the galaxy. Science told you how the earth came to existence, how long it has being in existence and the distance between the earth and other bodies in space. Please how did you verify by yourself that what science said is true. Did you go to the moon by yourself to verify. You had Faith in science that it can not lie to you that is why you believed it. You believed science because it has done small things for you that have captured you heart. So if it crowd you with its jargons and make bigger and more audacious claims, you simply believe rather than make your own findings.

So my people you sef are living and surviving in this life by Faith - Faith in Science.
Re: Science Need Faith To Thrive by Harmony10: 12:44pm On Oct 10, 2016
Harmony10:
This thread is not to disapprove of anyone. I can't be the judge of how people have chosen to live their lives. However, I read from and have spoken to quite a few Non-Christians (I mean Atheist, Scientist/Intellectuals, Agnostic...) who have problem with Christianity saying that it is ANTI-SCIENCETIC, ANTI-INTELLECTUAL.... How did Christianity come about all its claims? How did Christians believe all the trash propagated in the Bible and their pastors/leaders if they are not gullible, ignorant, unscientific, lazy thinkers....? Conclusion, christianity is a FRAUD.

Now I won't try to defend CHRISTIANITY. No matter how hard I try some people will not agree with me because they won't UNDERSTAND it. But I have a Challenge for all Atheist (@Aaronson, @SonofLucifer, @EyeHateGod and @SeunOsewa himself), Agnostic, Scientist, Intellectuals etc who feel Christians are Gullible and do not use their brains because rather than using scientific methods to reach conclusion they recourse to FAITH. Christians can't verify their Assertions hence they live by Faith (lazy way of thinking).

Let me define Faith according to Internet dico:

1. complete trust or confidence in someone or something.

2. strong belief in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual conviction rather than proof.

The highlight of the definitions is trust or confidence in something you can't proof.

Now my challenge to all my friends on the other sides. I asked @EyehateGod a question which he refused to answer. He deflected the question till he ran out of the thread... Please I am a Christian and am so proud of my beliefs because you on the other side have not proven to me that you are better thinkers. My question is

1. How many Scientific laws were you able to prove by yourself. You proved some in the Lab and You believed the Rest

2. Science told you the size of the moon, sun and other bodies in the galaxy. Science told you how the earth came to existence, how long it has being in existence and the distance between the earth and other bodies in space. Please how did you verify by yourself that what science said is true. Did you go to the moon by yourself to verify. You had Faith in science that it can not lie to you that is why you believed it. You believed science because it has done small things for you that have captured you heart. So if it crowd you with its jargons and make bigger and more audacious claims, you simply believe rather than make your own findings.

So my people you sef are living and surviving in this life by Faith - Faith in Science.

All the self acclaimed Atheist and Scientist on nairaland are not bold enough for this challenge. I guess there is no contest...
Re: Science Need Faith To Thrive by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 10, 2016
Harmony10:

All the self acclaimed Atheist and Scientist on nairaland are not bold enough for this challenge. I guess there is no contest...
I can only say Atheists assume you don't know and seeking to know and they prolly busy to teach you. I think I can spend few minutes to lecture you because am 100% inclined to science which 100% declines religion.

1- which scientific law do you want proven. I take the gravitational law for example, I just jumped up and gravity pulled me back down so I just tested that. Now if i try climbing a long stair case, I would get tired before getting to the last floor upstairs why? Because I'm going against the law of gravity. So what law do you want me test?

2- Yes science can tell us exact size, shape, requirement, date etc. Why is that?

Before a theory is been postulated it undergoes series of hypothesis to get facts straight, while undergoing testing, experiments are also being done to compare and contrast variables in order to get accurate data and when that is done, we get to come out with straight facts other wise known as theory. Now when you study the theory you get to know facts such as size, shapes, duration, usage, importance etc.
Re: Science Need Faith To Thrive by Harmony10: 4:48pm On Oct 10, 2016
aaronson:
I can only say Atheists assume you don't know and seeking to know and they prolly busy to teach you. I think I can spend few minutes to lecture you because am 100% inclined to science which 100% declines religion.

1- which scientific law do you want proven. I take the gravitational law for example, I just jumped up and gravity pulled me back down so I just tested that. Now if i try climbing a long stair case, I would get tired before getting to the last floor upstairs why? Because I'm going against the law of gravity. So what law do you want me test?

2- Yes science can tell us exact size, shape, requirement, date etc. Why is that?

Before a theory is been postulated it undergoes series of hypothesis to get facts straight, while undergoing testing, experiments are also being done to compare and contrast variables in order to get accurate data and when that is done, we get to come out with straight facts other wise known as theory. Now when you study the theory you get to know facts such as size, shapes, duration, usage, importance etc.

I like you logic but that does not answer my question.

My challenge for you and the other guys is how did you prove that what science told you about the earth and rest of the bodies in the space? Did you prove it yourself or you just believed it (Faith in science - Believing without proving).

You proved the ones within your reach and just believed the ones outside your reach. If you don't prove the ones outside your reach don't you think science may have lied to you. After all if they do there is no way you can confirm whether it's true or not - that's been gullible men.
Re: Science Need Faith To Thrive by Harmony10: 5:37pm On Oct 10, 2016
aaronson:

Moreso many people who claim to be pro-scientist are just echoing some other people's claims or discoveries as it were. I am waiting for a day they themselves will add to the body of knowledge.

They know science because they had faith in science - they are open and excited by scientific knowledge. Everything known in science is taught to them. No personal discoveries. It's so and I believe because science says so.

When I jump up and I didn't stay up I am being pulled down by gravitational force...How did know that it's gravitational force - because science told me that it's gravitational force. chai that's being gullible.

Why don't the student of science using their inquisitive mind question what there teach teaches them. Saying Teacher stop teaching me nonsense. What do you mean by gravitational force. Yea I agree that when I jump up I don't stay up I come down. When I climb up I get tired. That is correct but I don't agree with you about the gravitational force. Why must it be gravitational pull? Teacher you know what? Let me form my own school of thought and make my own findings to add to the argument of why I don't stay up when I jump up.

If you don't question what you are being told but rather rubber stamp then you are lazy thinker. You guilty of gullibility, brain washing, bandwagonism, stereotyping and faith in something (in science) - all which are anti-science and anti-intellectual.

My guy first and foremost question everything that science has told you (inquisitive mind)

2. Form your own school of thought (hypothesize)

3. Do your research and reach a closing - testing your theory

Until you do that you are not a VOICE but an ECHO (just repeating/spreading other people's voice).

Stop the lazy thinking bro!!!

(1) (Reply)

5 Tech Items You Should Never Buy In Lagos Traffic / 5 Tech Items You Should Never Buy In Lagos Traffic / How To Block Any Website From Loading On Your System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.