Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,514 members, 7,801,358 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:14 PM

Fraud In Slot Limited Ikeja Lagos - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Fraud In Slot Limited Ikeja Lagos (6069 Views)

Blackberry Aurora Spec : First Blackberry Phone With Dual SIM Slot / Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Price In Slot & Jumia Nigeria 2018 / The Fraud In Slot Limited (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fraud In Slot Limited Ikeja Lagos by joshbouy(m): 4:47pm On Oct 09, 2016
hey guys happy Sunday
please I want to lay a complaint on the power bank I bought from slot limited, one at Ikeja computer village on the 29th September 2016. that particular day I walked up to the lady and told her I wanted to get a power bank, she asked me what capacity I told her I wanted 15000mah.she told me its been sold for #6500 I brought out my atm and paid and she brought the device forward which I tested it came with a short white cable after I was satisfied with what I saw, the power bank was packaged and I headed home. upon getting home I unpacked it and charged it overnight with my infinix charger, ever since then light has been stable in my area. so av had no reason to make use of it until yesterday when nepa started their wahala and decided not to even blink the light at all.. yesterday evening my phone was low, I use a infinix hot note pro(4000mah) my phone was at 25% when I plugged in the power bank and 5min into the charging a bar dropped from.the power bank and to cut the long story short, the yeye power bank only added 60% to the already 25% making it a total 85% in less than an hour and the power bank was dead . I felt terrible and cheated considering the investment I made(#6500 for this recession period) and I had high expectations cause I was told power bank bought from credited stores are legit... but this experience is something I never expected... to cut the long story short.. I can't let this slide just like that, money too much to let go like that... and to even consider the times I denied myself some ijekuje to save up for this power bank. I plan on going back to their office tomorrow to lay my complaint and possibly get a refund or a good replacement... I just need suggestions on how to go about it, I still have my receipts(i don troway their nylon though) so please any suggestions or advice on what am to do or the proper channels to make my complaint made will be helpful. thank you
Re: Fraud In Slot Limited Ikeja Lagos by Nobody: 4:54pm On Oct 09, 2016
Have you try charging it again? Use another charger, its unlike slot to sell stuffs with defects to their customers
Re: Fraud In Slot Limited Ikeja Lagos by joshbouy(m): 4:54pm On Oct 09, 2016
The power bank and receipt

Re: Fraud In Slot Limited Ikeja Lagos by joshbouy(m): 4:57pm On Oct 09, 2016
I have, I used a gionee USB charger to charge it again this morning and used it when it was full this afternoon... Same result
Jibril659:
Have you try charging it again? Use another charger, its unlike slot to sell stuffs with defects to their customers
Re: Fraud In Slot Limited Ikeja Lagos by Nobody: 4:58pm On Oct 09, 2016
joshbouy:
I have, I used a gionee USB charger to charge it again this morning and used it when it was full this afternoon... Same result
How long has it been since you bought it?
Re: Fraud In Slot Limited Ikeja Lagos by joshbouy(m): 5:00pm On Oct 09, 2016
September 29
Jibril659:
How long has it been since you bought it?
Re: Fraud In Slot Limited Ikeja Lagos by Nobody: 5:00pm On Oct 09, 2016
joshbouy:
September 29
is it a FIL product?
Re: Fraud In Slot Limited Ikeja Lagos by joshbouy(m): 5:03pm On Oct 09, 2016
I don't know
Jibril659:
is it a FIL product?
Re: Fraud In Slot Limited Ikeja Lagos by Nobody: 5:04pm On Oct 09, 2016
joshbouy:
I don't know
you can make a complaint if you are not too far from the place
Re: Fraud In Slot Limited Ikeja Lagos by joshbouy(m): 5:08pm On Oct 09, 2016
Jibril659:
you can make a complaint if you are not too far from the place
na there another wahala dey.... stay at palm avenue, Mushin....have to waste transport there again, been trying the numbers on the back of the pack, but they switched off
Re: Fraud In Slot Limited Ikeja Lagos by Nobody: 5:11pm On Oct 09, 2016
joshbouy:
na there another wahala dey.... stay at palm avenue, Mushin....have to waste transport there again, been trying the numbers on the back of the pack, but they switched off
send an email, them go respond, 2 days at most
Re: Fraud In Slot Limited Ikeja Lagos by joshbouy(m): 5:17pm On Oct 09, 2016
Jibril659:
send an email, them go respond, 2 days at most
thanks bro, will probably include the link of this post in the body. for them to know the seriousness of the issue
Re: Fraud In Slot Limited Ikeja Lagos by Nobody: 5:17pm On Oct 09, 2016
joshbouy:

thanks bro, will probably include the link of this post in the body. for them to know the seriousness of the issue
yeah
Re: Fraud In Slot Limited Ikeja Lagos by donbenie(m): 5:41pm On Oct 09, 2016
Seriously,you get what you pay for..I don't need any Sooth Sayer to tell me a PB of that capacity for that amount is most likely to be a JUNK..there are GOOD Power Banks around,they just so happens to be a little bit more expensive than THAT..

1 Like

Re: Fraud In Slot Limited Ikeja Lagos by Opistorincos(m): 6:30pm On Oct 09, 2016
All these so called trusted shops ehn
Re: Fraud In Slot Limited Ikeja Lagos by joshbouy(m): 6:39pm On Oct 09, 2016
donbenie:
Seriously,you get what you pay for..I don't need any Sooth Sayer to tell me a PB of that capacity for that amount is most likely to be a JUNK..there are GOOD Power Banks around,they just so happens to be a little bit more expensive than THAT..
which ones do you recommend then and their worth?
Re: Fraud In Slot Limited Ikeja Lagos by aieromon(m): 7:17pm On Oct 09, 2016
joshbouy:

Look for Xiaomi and Romoss power banks.
Re: Fraud In Slot Limited Ikeja Lagos by donbenie(m): 7:43pm On Oct 09, 2016
joshbouy:
Am currently using an ANKER 15000mAh PB which I bought for #9000 TWO years ago and can still Charge my Galaxy Note3 3200mAh thrice with some juice still left..and also a VEEDA 30000mAh PB which currently goes for #29000 on Konga and is worth every Kobo,the ANKER might be hard to come by,but I believe there are 10000mAh VEEDA PB available in Naija too,also if you can get originals of ROMOSS and XIAOMI PBs,these are also of the highest qualities..
Re: Fraud In Slot Limited Ikeja Lagos by joshbouy(m): 7:59pm On Oct 09, 2016
donbenie:
Am currently using an ANKER 15000mAh PB which I bought for #9000 TWO years ago and can still Charge my Galaxy Note3 3200mAh thrice with some juice still left..and also a VEEDA 30000mAh PB which currently goes for #29000 on Konga and is worth every Kobo,the ANKER might be hard to come by,but I believe there are 10000mAh VEEDA PB available in Naija too,also if you can get originals of ROMOSS and XIAOMI PBs,these are also of the highest qualities..
thanks man... will look for them as soon as I get the cash to purchase them.

1 Like

Re: Fraud In Slot Limited Ikeja Lagos by Janyves(m): 9:12pm On Oct 09, 2016
15000mAh? Op....... How many hours did it take to charge the power bank fully? Anything less than 6 hours (using @ least a 2A charger) indicates that the power bank is nothing close to 15000mAh.
Re: Fraud In Slot Limited Ikeja Lagos by sleeknick: 9:21pm On Oct 09, 2016
Who wants to sell a phone. I have 15k to buy a gud fairly used fone. Contact me on: 08167650196 I'm in Lagos
Re: Fraud In Slot Limited Ikeja Lagos by flexcity82: 10:32pm On Oct 09, 2016
main reason i prefer buying from 3chub. Slot isnt looking so credible these days.
Re: Fraud In Slot Limited Ikeja Lagos by joshbouy(m): 11:27pm On Oct 09, 2016
Janyves:
15000mAh? Op....... How many hours did it take to charge the power bank fully? Anything less than 6 hours (using @ least a 2A charger) indicates that the power bank is nothing close to 15000mAh.
I can't say but it takes quite a while, first I charged it was overnight. second exceeded six hours though
Re: Fraud In Slot Limited Ikeja Lagos by KuliMart: 6:39am On Oct 10, 2016
donbenie:

You're right.

We have Romoss Solo 5 Plus with LED display @ kulimart dot com
Re: Fraud In Slot Limited Ikeja Lagos by Electronzeez(m): 7:39am On Oct 10, 2016
joshbouy:
hey guys happy Sunday
please I want to lay a complaint on the power bank I bought from slot limited, one at Ikeja computer village on the 29th September 2016. that particular day I walked up to the lady and told her I wanted to get a power bank, she asked me what capacity I told her I wanted 15000mah.she told me its been sold for #6500 I brought out my atm and paid and she brought the device forward which I tested it came with a short white cable after I was satisfied with what I saw, the power bank was packaged and I headed home. upon getting home I unpacked it and charged it overnight with my infinix charger, ever since then light has been stable in my area. so av had no reason to make use of it until yesterday when nepa started their wahala and decided not to even blink the light at all.. yesterday evening my phone was low, I use a infinix hot note pro(4000mah) my phone was at 25% when I plugged in the power bank and 5min into the charging a bar dropped from.the power bank and to cut the long story short, the yeye power bank only added 60% to the already 25% making it a total 85% in less than an hour and the power bank was dead . I felt terrible and cheated considering the investment I made(#6500 for this recession period) and I had high expectations cause I was told power bank bought from credited stores are legit... but this experience is something I never expected... to cut the long story short.. I can't let this slide just like that, money too much to let go like that... and to even consider the times I denied myself some ijekuje to save up for this power bank. I plan on going back to their office tomorrow to lay my complaint and possibly get a refund or a good replacement... I just need suggestions on how to go about it, I still have my receipts(i don troway their nylon though) so please any suggestions or advice on what am to do or the proper channels to make my complaint made will be helpful. thank you

I could see a generated receipt from the image you shared . Go back to that branch of slot you made your purchase with the proof of product and be sure you will get another one or a refund if the fault complained is verified .
Re: Fraud In Slot Limited Ikeja Lagos by francis247(m): 8:42am On Oct 10, 2016
aieromon:

Look for Xiaomi and Romoss power banks.
He still needs to be very careful. There are fake versions too.
Re: Fraud In Slot Limited Ikeja Lagos by franklynsunny(m): 8:58am On Oct 10, 2016
It's rear to c original powerbank
I brought 2 samsung Powerbank frm dis nairaland last 3month,it was delivered to me at my lodge back den at N4000 each

Same story,d man ask me to use 200 type of chargers
Both of dem don't last 30mins to charge my BlackBerry passport?

D last time I called him,he sounded tired of my calls,i wanted to blackmail him here bt I jus over loooked d iss

Powerbank is nw scam

They put heavy iron n call it 50,000mah
Re: Fraud In Slot Limited Ikeja Lagos by mysticgal(f): 12:48pm On Oct 10, 2016
I have the same problem but this time with chargers.
I bought two infinix hot note fast charge from slot... Guys you wouldn't believe that my 5000 naira burnt the next day.... I have evidence and receipt. I tried reaching them but it wasn't possible....
Money is not that easy to come about.... I would love to join you on.
Re: Fraud In Slot Limited Ikeja Lagos by dxdiag(m): 2:09pm On Oct 10, 2016
Don't always beleive the power capacity printed on PB casings, most of this powerbanks flying around ds days re F**K.
If its a 10,000mah PB, charged with 2A charger, maximum charging time is 7hr/7hrs:30mins for a complete charge cycle.
For a 10,000mah PB, it shud be able to charge ur fone for 3times dts if ur fone battery is dead @ 0% to 100%.
If its cant, den drop the shit.
Your 15,000mah PB if charged with 2A charger will tk u about 10hrs to get fully charge if its dead. If its faster than dat, den you brot a fake PB already.
To my understanding with a15000mah PB lt shud be able to charge a 4,000mah at least 4times frm 0% to 100%.
Complain to the appropirate channel at SLOT NG IKJ about the issue. No amount of money is too small to waste ds moment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fraud In Slot Limited Ikeja Lagos by excanny: 2:21pm On Oct 10, 2016
A power with higher power capacity like that will be more bulky. Thats one rule of thumb I use when buying power banks.
Re: Fraud In Slot Limited Ikeja Lagos by joshbouy(m): 4:06pm On Oct 10, 2016
Yes I did... Left their office not long ago, laid my complaint and was told to come back on Wednesday, since this particular one is out of stock and will be available by Wednesday.... So on Wednesday am going to swap it for the newly available one, just hoping it doesn't yield the same results with the former
Electronzeez:

I could see a generated receipt from the image you shared . Go back to that branch of slot you made your purchase with the proof of product and be sure you will get another one or a refund if the fault complained is verified .
Re: Fraud In Slot Limited Ikeja Lagos by joshbouy(m): 4:12pm On Oct 10, 2016
excanny:
A power with higher power capacity like that will be more bulky. Thats one rule of thumb I use when buying power banks.
tried that bro.... Bought one from a local dealer, 12000mah, for 3500# and it was damm heavy... But it was useless, didn't even charge my phone full.... That's why I decided to go to a credited store,since I thought they sell original devices there. But to my surprise they all competing on whose the worst one.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Airtel 1gb For 50# Night Plan / O'mehn See Phone! / Huawei Ascend P6 Android4.2.2(jelly bean) ultra-slim Smart Phone released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.