Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,850 members, 7,798,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:10 AM

Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: (10254 Views)

Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven / Facts About Hell In The Bible / Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by shadeyinka(m): 11:46pm On Oct 10, 2016
EyeHateGod:

1)What will i gain from Christian heaven when Muslim own is giving free 72 virgins minimum?

LOL! The Muslim heaven is sensual in nature while the Christian Paradise is about Fellowship, Worship, Adoration and Praise of God. It also looks like Christians will be part of the rulership agent of God

Rev 19:4 And the four and twenty elders and the four beasts fell down and worshipped God that sat on the throne, saying, Amen; Alleluia.

Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

EyeHateGod:

2)Will u be happy If one of ur relative go to hell(gimme direct answer yes/no)

I assume not. However, it looks like brotherhood there in heaven is not defined by natural blood ties but sonship of God.

Each person is alone with His creator..its not a bandwagon relationship. And God will wipe away all tears..

Rev 7:17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes. View more

Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

EyeHateGod:

3)If yes are u a Sadist?

Brotherhood is not by Blood but by Spirit!

Mat 12:50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

EyeHateGod:

4)If no what happened to eternal joy and happiness

Already explained above

EyeHateGod:

5)Do u think eternity is Boring
In a place where time doesn't exist, nothing can be boring.

EyeHateGod:

4)What is The purpose of Heaven?

The Heaven is actually Gods Palace.
Paradise is a proper word: For a new Heaven and a new Earth is created by God for Habitation.

God designed us to live in a Physical Body; that is the essence of Resurrection!

Paradise is like being in the living room/House of your Father

1 Like

Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by shadeyinka(m): 11:57pm On Oct 10, 2016
Wilgrea7:
wow... so people who go to hell go there to burn forever and ever... pls help me justify why an infinite punishment for a finite sin. pls also show me where God said the wages of sin is infinite burning in fire.

i await ur response

Lake of Fire is another way of Saying "Gods Refuse Dump". If anyone's name is notbfound in the book of life, he is thrown into Gods refuse Dump!

Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Infinite punishment:
Is it right or just if God were to force a Human being (who chooses not to obey God for say 100years of his life) to an eternity under His rule?

A human being is a spirit! Spirits cannot be annihilated... Spirits exist forever. In the spirit rhelm/eternity, time doesn't exist. It is just meaningless.

This means, there is not difference between 5 minutes and 5 decades for time simply doesn't exist.

Rev 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by raphieMontella: 11:59pm On Oct 10, 2016
shadeyinka:

In deliverance ministry, we torment demons with fire and I tell you, it burns hot!

I can still take more questions!
lake of sulphur..brimstone...
Gnashing of teeth....begging for water...tongue...
What are they??
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by shadeyinka(m): 12:00am On Oct 11, 2016
Wilgrea7:

please explain how death and burning in eternal hell equate in your dictionary.. oga God is just. the wages of sin is death.. the wicked are being reserved unto the day of judgement where they will be destroyed.
the gift of God is eternal life. we don't have eternal life.. only Jesus can give it to us. the wicked will be erased from existence in the lake of fire. they will be totally destroyed. so as for the devil although the devil's punishment will be carried by him before his utter destruction. u ignore all the verses that talk about anhilation of the wicked but focus on the ones u don't understand and u claim the sinners will burn for ever and ever and ever and ever and ever.. pls go nd do research on the hell stuff

@ last paragraph... some people live only about 60 yrs nd that's even for people that live long.. what of people that die early e.g at d age of 14 or 21 or even 37. u will punish those people for all of eternity for fucking up for just a few years.. oga abeg dey reason some kind tins

Revelation: 20:10. And the devil who has deceived them was thrown into the lake which burns with fire where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by shadeyinka(m): 12:02am On Oct 11, 2016
Wilgrea7:

dude .. God is a CONSUMING fire not an endless tormenting fire

The lake of Fire is NOT God.
Rev 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by shadeyinka(m): 12:09am On Oct 11, 2016
Wilgrea7:

the verse you quoted says it all. “that it shall neither leave them root or Branch... the verse is self explanatory.. the wicked will be burnt to total ash.. no flesh... no bone .. nothing will be left but smoke. the fire of God isn't something anyone will pray for. it is unquenchable.. no amount of water can put it out.. you can't escape from it. it will burn whosoever its burning until the person ceases to exist... until the person is reduced to ash... just like sodom and Gomorrah. make no mistake.. the fire of God is eternal... its effects are eternal.. we humans are not eternal. we can only get eternal life as a gift from God.. the eternal fire of God will reduce the wicked to ash.. it is written... the soul that sinneth... it shall DIE

Do you think Satan will burn in the lake of fire?

Since he doesn't have a physical body, what will burn?
Can physical fire burn spirits?

Answering these questions truthfully will help you understand.

The fire in question cannot be like earth fire that requires oxygen to burn. Its a lake of fire!

If itbis Gods intention to annihilate sinners, why then resurrect them? Why not just resurrect the godly?

Please your response!
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by shadeyinka(m): 12:12am On Oct 11, 2016
raphieMontella:

lake of sulphur..brimstone...
Gnashing of teeth....begging for water...tongue...
What are they??

Figurative expression for great torment using what is known to describe what is advanced!
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by shadeyinka(m): 12:16am On Oct 11, 2016
CAPSLOCKED:

NOW, GATHER ALL YUA EMPTY THREATS AND STICK EM UP YO A$$... I HOPE THAT FEELS GOOD.

The truth really make some people go haywire!

John 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

No one is scaring you! Haba, big boy like you?
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by EyeHateGod: 12:19am On Oct 11, 2016
shadeyinka:

LOL! The Muslim heaven is sensual in nature while the Christian Paradise is about Fellowship, Worship, Adoration and Praise of God. It also looks like Christians will be part of the rulership agent of God

Rev 19:4 And the four and twenty elders and the four beasts fell down and worshipped God that sat on the throne, saying, Amen; Alleluia.

Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwww

I assume not. However, it looks like brotherhood there in heaven is not defined by natural blood ties but sonship of God.

Each person is alone with His creator..its not a bandwagon relationship. And God will wipe away all tears..

Rev 7:17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes. View more

Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Brotherhood is not by Blood but by Spirit!

Mat 12:50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

So basically Yea! Wow

The Heaven is actually Gods Palace.
Paradise is a proper word: For a new Heaven and a new Earth is created by God for Habitation.

God designed us to live in a Physical Body; that is the essence of Resurrection!

Paradise is like being in the living room/House of your Father
Forever.......Mtcheww I still prefer the Muslim own
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by hopefulLandlord: 12:26am On Oct 11, 2016
Christian hell or heaven, which one would sex be possible?
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by shadeyinka(m): 12:31am On Oct 11, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwww

So basically Yea! Wow

Forever.......Mtcheww I still prefer the Muslim own

It has never being by force!
You are free to Choose where and what you want?
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by raphieMontella: 12:31am On Oct 11, 2016
shadeyinka:

Figurative expression for great torment using what is known to describe what is advanced!
shadeyinka:

Revelation: 20:10. And the devil who has deceived them was thrown into the lake which burns with fire where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
why then cant this verse and the other verse in rev. which says

something like
where there is no day or night
why cant they be taken as figuratives for total annihilation?

1 Like

Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by shadeyinka(m): 12:33am On Oct 11, 2016
raphieMontella:

why then cant this verse and the other verse in rev. which says

why cant they be taken as figuratives for total annihilation?

How does it read or interpret as annihilation?
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by hahn(m): 12:39am On Oct 11, 2016
shadeyinka, when did god build hell? Before or after it created man?
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by EyeHateGod: 12:39am On Oct 11, 2016
shadeyinka:

It has never being by force!
You are free to Choose where and what you want?
Yes and i prefer the Muslim Heaven at least there is A Purpose The Christian Heaven seams Like a place Where they Ain't No Free will and everyone is a Slave No Wonder Satan Try to Turn Things Around #UpmuslimHeaven
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by raphieMontella: 12:47am On Oct 11, 2016
̉
shadeyinka:

How does it read or interpret as annihilation?
torment=''pain'' that they'd be separated from god/will not share his glory
for ever and ever=timeless inexistence..
then the other verse in rev.

no day or night =inexistence

i cant recall clearly..but theres a verse in isaiah or ezekiel which says the devil will be destroyed or so
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by shadeyinka(m): 12:48am On Oct 11, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Yes and i prefer the Muslim Heaven at least there is A Purpose The Christian Heaven seams Like a place Where they Ain't No Free will and everyone is a Slave No Wonder Satan Try to Turn Things Around #UpmuslimHeaven

No problem...the Christians have God with them

The Muslims have their Hauris-Virgins and Drinks

You are still free...heaven is by choice
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by shadeyinka(m): 12:49am On Oct 11, 2016
hahn:
shadeyinka, when did god build hell? Before or after it created man?

No one knows!
The Scriptures did not give a historical justification or description of hell or even the lake of fire!
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by shadeyinka(m): 12:52am On Oct 11, 2016
raphieMontella:
̉
torment=''pain'' that they'd be separated from god/will not share his glory
for ever and ever=timeless inexistence..
then the other verse in rev.

i cant recall clearly..but theres a verse in isaiah or ezekiel which says the devil will be destroyed or so

No scripture talks about annihilation!
Spirits cannot be annihilated they may have a beginning but they have no terminal end!

Even If I take your word of Destruction: it could also mean mangled, messed up, ...and not strictly anihilaitation.

Annihilation imply wipe off, erase, cause not to exist again
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by EyeHateGod: 12:52am On Oct 11, 2016
shadeyinka:

No problem...the Christians have God with them
The Muslims have their Hauris-Virgins and Drinks
You are still free...heaven is by choice
Yes i like where I'll be free! Not enslaved
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by shadeyinka(m): 12:56am On Oct 11, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Yes i like where I'll be free! Not enslaved

Anytime you are ready..no one is holding you!
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by EyeHateGod: 12:58am On Oct 11, 2016
shadeyinka:

Anytime you are ready..no one is holding you!
Ready for what?
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by hahn(m): 1:02am On Oct 11, 2016
shadeyinka:

No one knows!
The Scriptures did not give a historical justification or description of hell or even the lake of fire!

Then how are you so sure it exists?
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by raphieMontella: 1:11am On Oct 11, 2016
shadeyinka:

i believe wilgrea7 gave you some links to tthem...

Spirits cannot be annihilated they may have a beginning but they have no terminal end!
then they are not eternal...?

Even If I take your word of Destruction: it could also mean mangled, messed up, ...and not strictly anihilaitation.

i believe...we apply ''symbolism''..

wait God is no longer all-powerful?
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by shadeyinka(m): 1:17am On Oct 11, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Ready for what?

Ready to go....
You no dey sleep?
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by shadeyinka(m): 1:22am On Oct 11, 2016
raphieMontella:

i believe wilgrea7 gave you some links to tthem...

then they are not eternal...?

i believe...we apply ''symbolism''..

wait God is no longer all-powerful?

Check the response I gave wilgrea7. I think it clears it.

God created spirits to be eternal....to exist indefinitely!

Eternal doesn't have to have no beginning. It is sufficient for it to have no terminal end....e.g. Eternal Life for believers has not commenced!

Oya, go sleep. Till tomorrow!
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by raphieMontella: 1:26am On Oct 11, 2016
shadeyinka:

Check the response I gave wilgrea7. I think it clears it.

God created spirits to be eternal....to exist indefinitely!

Eternal doesn't have to have no beginning. It is sufficient for it to have no terminal end....e.g. Eternal Life for believers has not commenced!

Oya, go sleep. Till tomorrow!
aint sleepy yet..doing something....
Till morning....
Would have changed this comment and re-notified you...
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by EyeHateGod: 2:01am On Oct 11, 2016
shadeyinka:

Ready to go.... You no dey sleep?
To go Where?
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by Wilgrea7(m): 2:06am On Oct 11, 2016
shadeyinka:

Lake of Fire is another way of Saying "Gods Refuse Dump". If anyone's name is notbfound in the book of life, he is thrown into Gods refuse Dump!

Infinite punishment:
Is it right or just if God were to force a Human being (who chooses not to obey God for say 100years of his life) to an eternity under His rule?

A human being is a spirit! Spirits cannot be annihilated... Spirits exist forever. In the spirit rhelm/eternity, time doesn't exist. It is just meaningless.

This means, there is not difference between 5 minutes and 5 decades for time simply doesn't exist.

Rev 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

pls show me proof that the soul is eternal. the soul that sinneth shall die. God didn't say it shall burn for all eternity

1 Like

Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by Wilgrea7(m): 2:16am On Oct 11, 2016
shadeyinka:

The fire in question cannot be like earth fire that requires oxygen to burn. Its a lake of fire!

If itbis Gods intention to annihilate sinners, why then resurrect them? Why not just resurrect the godly?

Please your response!

because when ure dead you're not in hell. you're in sheol. sheol is the land of the dead and it is translated as hell in d bible. sheol is where people who await judgement are....
concerning the beast and the false prophet.. d issue was properly explained in the links i sent earlier.
why are u ignoring all the scriptures that talk about complete total destruction and you're focusing on revelation which is symbolic nd ure claiming hell is forever. do a research about hell.
God has the power to destroy (not infinitely torment) a soul in hell. there will be punishments for sins but the punishment isn't one that continues forever. only through Jesus can we have eternal life. our souls are not immortal. only jesus gives us that immortality. read the link below

http://www.truth-about-hell.com/page4.htm
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by Wilgrea7(m): 2:17am On Oct 11, 2016
shadeyinka:

Please your response!

the fire of God can destroy both body and soul
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by Wilgrea7(m): 2:24am On Oct 11, 2016
shadeyinka:

oga don't lie . there are 10 times more scriptures that talk about total ahnilation and very UNEXPLAINED few that u feel talks about eternal hell. everything that has a beginning has an end. God is God because he has no beginning or end. eternity is in his hands

destruction means what it means. destruction is destruction.. do your research.. the soul that sinneth shall die.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Is Meant By "the Permissive Will Of God". / 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) / Tips To Overcome Going Late To Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.