Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:20 PM

Pls Help Make A Choice Between These Cars - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pls Help Make A Choice Between These Cars (1276 Views)

Which Of These Cars That Ruled Nigeria In The Past Was Your Favourite? / Nigeria At 57: These Cars Have Rocked Nigerian Roads For The Past 57 Years / These Cars Have The Most Ridiculous Dashboards You Have Ever Seen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help Make A Choice Between These Cars by chiboyo(m): 6:48pm On Oct 09, 2016
Hello House, a friend approached me for advise so I decided to throw to open to the gurus in the house.

He Is indecisive about one of the below cars
1) 2010 Toyota Highlander
2) 2010 Lexus RX 350
3) 2008/09 LR3

In choosing, pls help consider the following
1) Ease of maintenance
2) Fuel Economy
3) He likes class
4) history of faults (which car gives issues the most)
5) Any other important info worthy of knowing

Cc: Gazzuz, mayor123 and other gurus pls help me assist a friend
Re: Pls Help Make A Choice Between These Cars by Nobody: 7:44pm On Oct 09, 2016
Chai! For dis recession? Bros abeg tell ur friend say i need money seriously maybe like 150,000 go good small. Abeg pm me if him gree

1 Like

Re: Pls Help Make A Choice Between These Cars by diportivo: 8:03am On Oct 10, 2016
Op

If sooperrescue catch u with this LR wey u dey take compare Toyota

I no dey o grin
Re: Pls Help Make A Choice Between These Cars by chiboyo(m): 12:00pm On Oct 10, 2016
diportivo:
Op
If sooperrescue catch u with this LR wey u dey take compare Toyota
I no dey o grin

Don't understand?

@Gurus in the house, pls help out

Cc: Gazzuz
Re: Pls Help Make A Choice Between These Cars by nurey(m): 9:43am On Oct 11, 2016
Your friend is not ready to own a car with all those criteria. Fuel economy, ease of maintenance with those year of rides and their luxurious gadgets and complex wiring.

I have a W12 wheel barrow with reverse camera and Google self driving assistance. Contact me if he is interested in that. It's fuel efficient and easy to maintain.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help Make A Choice Between These Cars by Akinlekanwr(m): 1:03pm On Oct 11, 2016
you better go carry game for nairabet.
Smallville10:
Chai! For dis recession? Bros abeg tell ur friend say i need money seriously maybe like 150,000 go good small. Abeg pm me if him gree
you better go carry game for nairabet.
Re: Pls Help Make A Choice Between These Cars by chiboyo(m): 8:51pm On Oct 11, 2016
nurey:
Your friend is not ready to own a car with all those criteria. Fuel economy, ease of maintenance with those year of rides and their luxurious gadgets and complex wiring.

I have a W12 wheel barrow with reverse camera and Google self driving assistance. Contact me if he is interested in that. It's fuel efficient and easy to maintain.

Thanks for your response, if the fuel economy is removed from the list of criteria, kindly assist with your input...
Re: Pls Help Make A Choice Between These Cars by nurey(m): 9:11pm On Oct 11, 2016
If I were in the guys shoes, I will not think about the range Rover. It's a premium ride and repairing / maintaining is expensive, parts too is expensive, fueling is expensive. Reliability is fair considering how popular it is in high, medium brew locations in Lagos. May even be the cheapest to acquire among the three.

Now the question is Lexus or Toyota. The truth is that the Lexus is a luxurious highlander. So if you want an highlander that stands out, has more luxurious refinement in another body, then the Rx is the choice.

But I will pick the Highlander over the Rx because of size and cargo space. But engines should be same and am sure they share more than 50% in identical parts.

I don't know how the hybrid version of both car fares and how reliable they are. So better stick to petrol engine for now, till Nigeria is out of recession.
Re: Pls Help Make A Choice Between These Cars by chiboyo(m): 11:41pm On Oct 11, 2016
nurey:
If I were in the guys shoes, I will not think about the range Rover. It's a premium ride and repairing / maintaining is expensive, parts too is expensive, fueling is expensive. Reliability is fair considering how popular it is in high, medium brew locations in Lagos. May even be the cheapest to acquire among the three.

Now the question is Lexus or Toyota. The truth is that the Lexus is a luxurious highlander. So if you want an highlander that stands out, has more luxurious refinement in another body, then the Rx is the choice.

But I will pick the Highlander over the Rx because of size and cargo space. But engines should be same and am sure they share more than 50% in identical parts.

I don't know how the hybrid version of both car fares and how reliable they are. So better stick to petrol engine for now, till Nigeria is out of recession.

Thank you so much for the response, very insightful and I really appreciate

(1) (Reply)

Who Has Experience With Nissan Tiida / Do It Yourself: How To Fix A Torn Car Seat / Any Recommendations For A Toolkit I Should Have?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.