Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,942 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:37 AM

CSKA Moscow Vs Man United [0 - 1] On Wed 21st - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / CSKA Moscow Vs Man United [0 - 1] On Wed 21st (5796 Views)

Poll: Which team will win this?

CSKA Moscow: 30% (3 votes)
Man United: 70% (7 votes)
This poll has ended

Manchester United Vs CSKA Moscow: UCL (1 - 0) On 3rd November 2015 / CSKA Moscow Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 21st October 2015 / Manchester City Vs CSKA Moscow: UCL (1 - 2) On 5th November 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

CSKA Moscow Vs Man United [0 - 1] On Wed 21st by Cristalz(f): 12:44pm On Oct 19, 2009
CSKA Moscow welcome Manchester United to the Luzhniki stadium on Wednesday. This game is starting much earlier.  .  .5.30pm Nigerian time.
Manchester United top the table with 6 points, while CSKA Moscow have got 3 points.

CSKA Moscow have always proved a tough challenge for Manchester United, and this time around it shouldn't be any different.
Juande Ramos has got a full strength side to choose from for this game, and there shouldn't be any changes from the usual squad. The team played well in their last game, defeating Besiktas 3-1.

Manchester United's play in all competitions has been a tad scrappy so far, but they've always managed to come through with the vital points.
Against CSKA in Russia, they'll need more than just another scrappy performance as this promises to be their toughest European game.
Striker Wayne Rooney was absent in Saturday's game against Bolton due to injury, and the team coped well without him. Michael Owen and Dimitar Berbatov are available strikers for Sir Alex's side, as well as Macheda and Danny Welbeck(as long as he is not played on the wing).
Ryan Giggs has been an invaluable asset to the Red Devils so far this season, and it's likely he'll get a start on Wednesday. Fletcher would also provide some strength in the midfield, but it's not certain if he is fit after obtaining an injury during the international break while training with Scotland.
Michael Carrick, Nani, Anderson, Park, Valencia and Paul Scholes are among Ferguson's choices of midfield starters. Basically he'll be looking to field players with strength and speed.  .  .with Giggs in for experience, and skill as well.
Rio Ferdinand is gradually improving after being very shaky since his return from injury. Edwin van der Saar's return is also a boost to United's backline.
The injured Vidic might be available for this game as well.  .  .a further boost. If they can stay tight and keep from conceding, they should come out of the Luzhniki alive.
Re: CSKA Moscow Vs Man United [0 - 1] On Wed 21st by MrCrackles(m): 12:52pm On Oct 19, 2009
Cristalz:

CSKA Moscow welcome Manchester United to the Luzhniki stadium on Wednesday. This game is starting much earlier. . .5.30pm Nigerian time.
Manchester United top the table with 6 points, while CSKA Moscow have got 3 points.

CSKA Moscow have always proved a tough challenge for Manchester United, and this time around it shouldn't be any different.
Juande Ramos has got a full strength side to choose from for this game, and there shouldn't be any changes from the usual squad. The team played well in their last game, defeating Besiktas 3-1.

Manchester United's play in all competitions has been a tad scrappy so far, but they've always managed to come through with the vital points.
Against CSKA in Russia, they'll need more than just another scrappy performance as this promises to be their toughest European game.
Striker Wayne Rooney was absent in Saturday's game against Bolton due to injury, and the team coped well without him. Michael Owen and Dimitar Berbatov are available strikers for Sir Alex's side, as well as Macheda and Danny Welbeck(as long as he is not played on the wing).
Ryan Giggs has been an invaluable asset to the Red Devils so far this season, and it's likely he'll get a start on Wednesday. Fletcher would also provide some strength in the midfield, but it's not certain if he is fit after obtaining an injury during the international break while training with Scotland.
Michael Carrick, Nani, Anderson, Park, Valencia and Paul Scholes are among Ferguson's choices of midfield starters. Basically he'll be looking to field players with strength and speed. . .with Giggs in for experience, and skill as well.
Rio Ferdinand is gradually improving after being very shaky since his return from injury. Edwin van der Saar's return is also a boost to United's backline.
The injured Vidic might be available for this game as well. . .a further boost. If they can stay tight and keep from conceding, they should come out of the Luzhniki alive.
In addition to the highlighted, United wont find anything easy on all fronts this season. . .
IMO, i think United will struggle to win anything this season! cool
Sabre toothed scummies, bite me! kiss
Re: CSKA Moscow Vs Man United [0 - 1] On Wed 21st by allboyz(m): 1:20pm On Oct 19, 2009
"games in russia are always difficult" those were the words on SAF! tongue

i see a draw in this game cool
Re: CSKA Moscow Vs Man United [0 - 1] On Wed 21st by Cristalz(f): 1:26pm On Oct 19, 2009
'Difficult' doesn't translate to 'un-winnable', mister. tongue

@Brash
Good thing none of your predictions have ever come to pass on NL Sports before. grin
Re: CSKA Moscow Vs Man United [0 - 1] On Wed 21st by tayoccu(m): 1:36pm On Oct 19, 2009
tough match, but I see manure winning this tie.
Re: CSKA Moscow Vs Man United [0 - 1] On Wed 21st by FBS: 1:46pm On Oct 19, 2009
Well a certain Daniel Carvalho scored a brilliant free kick (and the only goal) for CSKA against Arsenal some years back.
Let's hope they can do same against Manure.  cheesy
Re: CSKA Moscow Vs Man United [0 - 1] On Wed 21st by MrCrackles(m): 1:57pm On Oct 19, 2009
Cristalz:

Brash
Good thing none of your predictions have ever come to pass on NL Sports before. grin
Hehehe. . .I laugh in ting-tong! cool
Re: CSKA Moscow Vs Man United [0 - 1] On Wed 21st by chic2pimp(m): 2:00pm On Oct 19, 2009
FBS:

Well a certain Ricardo Carvalho scored a brilliant free kick (and the only goal) for CSKA against Arsenal some years back.
Let's hope they can do same against Manure. cheesy
Daniel Carvalho wink.
Re: CSKA Moscow Vs Man United [0 - 1] On Wed 21st by FBS: 2:02pm On Oct 19, 2009
chic2pimp:

Daniel Carvalho wink.
Yep, I was thinking Daniel but typed Ricardo. Don't mind me. grin
Re: CSKA Moscow Vs Man United [0 - 1] On Wed 21st by tayoccu(m): 2:21pm On Oct 19, 2009
FBS officially apologizes for the error it was due to "a breach in communication between the hand and the brain" grin grin
Re: CSKA Moscow Vs Man United [0 - 1] On Wed 21st by FBS: 2:26pm On Oct 19, 2009
No crime in apologising. It was an error on my part. Ki ni big deal?  cool
or is you trying to insult me?
Re: CSKA Moscow Vs Man United [0 - 1] On Wed 21st by chic2pimp(m): 2:32pm On Oct 19, 2009
tayoccu:

FBS officially apologizes for the error it was due to "a breach in communication between the hand and the brain" grin grin
Sauron could learn a thing or two from him tongue grin.
Re: CSKA Moscow Vs Man United [0 - 1] On Wed 21st by tayoccu(m): 2:35pm On Oct 19, 2009
FBS:

No crime in apologising. It was an error on my part. Ki ni big deal?  cool
or is you trying to insult me?

no mind me I just couldn't resist the temptation.

chic2pimp:

Sauron could learn a thing or two from him tongue grin.

sauron? learn??
you're better off trying to squeeze water out of a rock.
Re: CSKA Moscow Vs Man United [0 - 1] On Wed 21st by FBS: 2:36pm On Oct 19, 2009
tayoccu:

no mind me I just couldn't resist the temptation.
hehehe. It's all good. Round 1 goes to you.  wink
Re: CSKA Moscow Vs Man United [0 - 1] On Wed 21st by tayoccu(m): 2:42pm On Oct 19, 2009
you dey keep scores
Re: CSKA Moscow Vs Man United [0 - 1] On Wed 21st by FBS: 2:47pm On Oct 19, 2009
nah!

Meanwhile. . . can we get back to the topic of the thread? Thank you. cool
Re: CSKA Moscow Vs Man United [0 - 1] On Wed 21st by tayoccu(m): 2:58pm On Oct 19, 2009
sure!

cska moscow 0 manure 1 (owen 92 minute)
Re: CSKA Moscow Vs Man United [0 - 1] On Wed 21st by Nobody: 4:28pm On Oct 19, 2009

Owen?  shocked shocked

According to you guys,
I laugh in Moscow!! tongue
Re: CSKA Moscow Vs Man United [0 - 1] On Wed 21st by MrCrackles(m): 4:29pm On Oct 19, 2009
tayoccu:

sure!
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Jesus Christ! grin
Re: CSKA Moscow Vs Man United [0 - 1] On Wed 21st by dreeldee: 4:54pm On Oct 19, 2009
Owen shocked shocked That means Rashidi Yekini will score a hat trick for Nigeria against Kenya cheesy cheesy grin
Re: CSKA Moscow Vs Man United [0 - 1] On Wed 21st by BinghiNya(m): 4:55pm On Oct 19, 2009
The match no be do or die.
United to top the group with ease.
Re: CSKA Moscow Vs Man United [0 - 1] On Wed 21st by adebayo201: 7:25pm On Oct 19, 2009
BinghiNya:

The match no be do or die.
United to top the group with ease.

may my God bless u for that talk. ! owe u 1 crate of gulder
Re: CSKA Moscow Vs Man United [0 - 1] On Wed 21st by txxxed(m): 9:27pm On Oct 19, 2009
As a United fan, i always think we will win all games, but this one is sure gonna be difficult.
We are missing 5 regulars, and that will make this game more difficult for sure.

Check my blog post @ http://gamegist.com/2009/10/19/uefa-champions-league-match-day-3-man-utd-miss-5-key-players-for-cska-tie/
for all those missing out.
Re: CSKA Moscow Vs Man United [0 - 1] On Wed 21st by jalether(m): 11:26pm On Oct 19, 2009
cska 2-1 manure cool
Re: CSKA Moscow Vs Man United [0 - 1] On Wed 21st by rasputinn(m): 6:07am On Oct 20, 2009
Maybe a draw
Re: CSKA Moscow Vs Man United [0 - 1] On Wed 21st by Borat1: 7:04am On Oct 20, 2009
Will it be played on a plastic pitch or something?
Re: CSKA Moscow Vs Man United [0 - 1] On Wed 21st by Cristalz(f): 7:20am On Oct 20, 2009
Rooney, Giggs, Evra, Park, Fletcher to miss Moscow clash.

Details here
Re: CSKA Moscow Vs Man United [0 - 1] On Wed 21st by tayoccu(m): 10:05am On Oct 20, 2009
Cristalz:

Rooney, Giggs, Evra, Park, Fletcher to miss Moscow clash.

Details here

with these 5 out, manure will draw
(owen equalizes 92 min) wink
Re: CSKA Moscow Vs Man United [0 - 1] On Wed 21st by Cristalz(f): 10:22am On Oct 20, 2009
Not if we start 4-3-3, then revert to 4-4-2 much later in the game.
I've got to call my grand daddy Fergie. grin
Re: CSKA Moscow Vs Man United [0 - 1] On Wed 21st by MrCrackles(m): 10:27am On Oct 20, 2009
Cristalz:

Oh you got the scottish sausage's number shocked
Re: CSKA Moscow Vs Man United [0 - 1] On Wed 21st by Cristalz(f): 10:28am On Oct 20, 2009
He is not a Scottish sausage. angry

Hez my grand daddy, of course I've got his number. grin
Re: CSKA Moscow Vs Man United [0 - 1] On Wed 21st by tayoccu(m): 10:31am On Oct 20, 2009
Cristalz:

him phone battery don die, na voicemail e go enter  grin

MrCrackles:

Oh you got the scottish sausage's number shocked

sausage?
I thought he was pork chops

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Arsenal Vs Aston Villa (3 - 0)On 24th March 2012 / Carling Cup Semi 2nd Leg: Man UTD Vs Man CITY [3 - 1] Wed, 27th January / Real Zaragoza Vs Barcelona (1 - 4) On 7th April,2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.