Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,403 members, 7,808,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:58 AM

Justice Liman Refutes DSS Allegations; Threatens To Abandon Profession - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Justice Liman Refutes DSS Allegations; Threatens To Abandon Profession (20999 Views)

EFCC Uncovers N6billion In Kantigi Liman's Bank Account / U.S. Embassy Team Takes On Magu Over DSS Allegations / AGF Malami Queries Magu, Begins Probe Into DSS Allegations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Justice Liman Refutes DSS Allegations; Threatens To Abandon Profession by freeze001(f): 10:50pm On Oct 09, 2016
*Invaded house not mine.”
*DSS bungled missed target.
*Made up mind to quit the profession.

I believe most of the members heard or read about the reported raid in PortHarcourt and my name has been mentioned as the judge in whose house $2m dollars was stashed.Since yesterday this story has been on the headlines and captions on most social media platforms. The truth is that all that you’ve read is more of misinformation and disinformation;substantially untrue account.

The truth is that we live as neighbors to the DSS,their address is 35 and mine is 33.That night the DSS came to house 34 where they wanted to search but they were refused entry and later Gov. Wike was said to have come and engaged the security outfit in a near physical struggle,as the report suggested.

I wouldn’t have known of the incidence if my neighbor in house 34 had not called me to inform me of the presence of strange people at her gate .All this while the melee lasted to around 4:00a.m.,I was in my house monitoring the events, and remained indoors until later in the day when I felt it was no longer safe for me to continue to remain.

However I feel distressed that the DSS indirectly claimed they have evidence I stashed $2m, and when contacted I employed thugs and with Governor Wike to obstruct them from carrying out the search and that I later transferred the money to an unknown place.I do not think I need to refute this allegation because it would only make sense if they had actually targeted my house for the search.The truth is that due to their incompetence they bungled the operation and are desperately searching for alibi to save their heads.Unfortunately I have found myself in the middle of a dirty politics between Wike and the Federal Government and perhaps my notoriety for delivering controversial judgements; because the cases are also controversial and the stakes probably very high.

I’m not asking anybody to believe or disbelieve whether I stashed $2m, an amount that is equivalent to about N1b. Perhaps you might think the DSS probably exaggerated the amount, but all these would have been relevant considerations if they had actually searched my house.If I had $2m or even a quarter of it I would have abandoned this horrible profession that has lost its dignity.In fact I have already lost interest in it and have made up my mind to say bye bye to it.I believe there is a life beyond every other thing.

-Hon Justice Liman.

http://thenigerialawyer.com/justice-liman-refuted-dss-allegations/

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Justice Liman Refutes DSS Allegations; Threatens To Abandon Profession by Lifestone(m): 11:15pm On Oct 09, 2016
I hope we will get to know the truth about all these soon

21 Likes

Re: Justice Liman Refutes DSS Allegations; Threatens To Abandon Profession by Nobody: 11:16pm On Oct 09, 2016
Who cares

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Justice Liman Refutes DSS Allegations; Threatens To Abandon Profession by dikeigbo2(m): 11:17pm On Oct 09, 2016
Odiegwu this time

1 Like

Re: Justice Liman Refutes DSS Allegations; Threatens To Abandon Profession by limeta(f): 11:18pm On Oct 09, 2016
Wrong house they went to
SSS una try ba

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Justice Liman Refutes DSS Allegations; Threatens To Abandon Profession by bigtt76(f): 11:25pm On Oct 09, 2016
Oga surrender yourself to DSS and bah long turenchi. If you want resign ...baruwana grin

freeze001:
I believe most of the members of the public have heard or read about the reported raid in Port-Harcourt and my name has been mentioned as the judge in whose house $2m dollars was stashed.Since yesterday this story has been on the headlines and captions on most social media platforms. The truth is that all that you’ve read is more of misinformation and disinformation;substantially untrue account.

The truth is that we live as neighbors to the DSS,their address is 35 and mine is 33. That night the DSS came to house 34 where they wanted to search but they were refused entry and later Gov. Wike was said to have come and engaged the security outfit in a near physical struggle,as the report suggested.

I wouldn’t have known of the incidence if my neighbor in house 34 had not called me to inform me of the presence of strange people at her gate. All this while the melee lasted to around 4:00a.m.,I was in my house monitoring the events, and remained indoors until later in the day when I felt it was no longer safe for me to continue to remain.
However I feel distressed that the DSS indirectly claimed they have evidence I stashed $2m, and when contacted I employed thugs and with Governor Wike to obstruct them from carrying out the search and that I later transferred the money to an unknown place.I do not think I need to refute this allegation because it would only make sense if they had actually targeted my house for the search.The truth is that due to their incompetence they bungled the operation and are desperately searching for alibi to save their heads.Unfortunately I have found myself in the middle of a dirty politics between Wike and the Federal Government and perhaps my notoriety for delivering controversial judgements; because the cases are also controversial and the stakes probably very high.

I’m not asking anybody to believe or disbelieve whether I stashed $2m, an amount that is equivalent to about N1b. Perhaps you might think the DSS probably exaggerated the amount, but all these would have been relevant considerations if they had actually searched my house.If I had $2m or even a quarter of it I would have abandoned this horrible profession that has lost its dignity.In fact I have already lost interest in it and have made up my mind to say bye bye to it.I believe there is a life beyond every other thing.
-Hon Justice Liman

Source: http://thenigerialawyer.com/justice-liman-refuted-dss-allegations/

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Justice Liman Refutes DSS Allegations; Threatens To Abandon Profession by dunkem21(m): 11:26pm On Oct 09, 2016
Law as a profession has lost its dignity in this country. Oga, resign fast ..Your successor has already been penned ..

..Let's pray he is not a brick lawyer undecided

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Justice Liman Refutes DSS Allegations; Threatens To Abandon Profession by SuperS1Panther: 11:27pm On Oct 09, 2016
Liman, why did you placed an SOS call to a Gov instead of the CJN that you report to?

We are wiser than that Mr, Judge. Try harder. This judge can lie for Africa. DSS was at a wrong house from 1am to 4pm!!!! Tales by moonlight.

COrruption anywhere is corruption everywhere.

A corrupt judge is worse than Lucifer.

92 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Justice Liman Refutes DSS Allegations; Threatens To Abandon Profession by rottennaija(m): 11:28pm On Oct 09, 2016
freeze001:
I believe most of the members of the public have heard or read about the reported raid in Port-Harcourt and my name has been mentioned as the judge in whose house $2m dollars was stashed.Since yesterday this story has been on the headlines and captions on most social media platforms. The truth is that all that you’ve read is more of misinformation and disinformation;substantially untrue account.

The truth is that we live as neighbors to the DSS,their address is 35 and mine is 33. That night the DSS came to house 34 where they wanted to search but they were refused entry and later Gov. Wike was said to have come and engaged the security outfit in a near physical struggle,as the report suggested.

I wouldn’t have known of the incidence if my neighbor in house 34 had not called me to inform me of the presence of strange people at her gate. All this while the melee lasted to around 4:00a.m.,I was in my house monitoring the events, and remained indoors until later in the day when I felt it was no longer safe for me to continue to remain.

-Hon Justice Liman

Source: http://thenigerialawyer.com/justice-liman-refuted-dss-allegations/

Why didn't you allow them to search?

15 Likes

Re: Justice Liman Refutes DSS Allegations; Threatens To Abandon Profession by freeze001(f): 11:32pm On Oct 09, 2016
Did u read at all? The DSS went to the wrong address! The implication is that they had no right to go into where they erroneously went to! So why should they breach another person's privacy even in error? You should be worried that they bungled their illegal operations and still had to lie to make themselves look good.
rottennaija:

Why didn't you allow them to search?

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Justice Liman Refutes DSS Allegations; Threatens To Abandon Profession by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:34pm On Oct 09, 2016
So DSS actually went to a wrong apartment?

11 Likes

Re: Justice Liman Refutes DSS Allegations; Threatens To Abandon Profession by Chikpat(m): 11:36pm On Oct 09, 2016
Abandoning ur profession now z clearly a smart way of running away from justice.

11 Likes

Re: Justice Liman Refutes DSS Allegations; Threatens To Abandon Profession by husnath(m): 11:40pm On Oct 09, 2016
There is UNITY IN CORRUPTION..
Governor Wike wanted to commit suicide to saved Justice Liman, a Muslim, Hausa/fulani, a Northerner, Aboki and Buhari's brother. Are they not supposed to be fighting? The way Wike did to obstruct Liman's arrest, definitely he can't render such assistance to Rev. Father Mbaka.
Lanre Lawal

93 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Justice Liman Refutes DSS Allegations; Threatens To Abandon Profession by husnath(m): 11:43pm On Oct 09, 2016
SuperS1Panther:
Liman, why did you placed an SOS call to a Gov instead of the CJN that you report to?

We are wiser than that Mr, Judge. Try harder.

Governor Wike wanted to commit suicide to saved Justice Liman, a Muslim, Hausa/fulani, a Northerner, Aboki and Buhari's brother. Are they not supposed to be fighting? The way Wike did to obstruct Liman's arrest, definitely he can't render such assistance to Rev. Father Mbaka.
Lanre Lawal

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Justice Liman Refutes DSS Allegations; Threatens To Abandon Profession by SuperS1Panther: 11:48pm On Oct 09, 2016
husnath:

Lanre Lawal

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Epic.

He will claim he is a detribalised Nigerian. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Justice Liman Refutes DSS Allegations; Threatens To Abandon Profession by ever811(m): 12:10am On Oct 10, 2016
if you wan resign how e take kwansin us,you been tell us b/4 you start d work ni?...meanwhile if you are guilty and you resign it will the job easy cause olokpa will be the ones to come for you not DSS again...criminals

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Justice Liman Refutes DSS Allegations; Threatens To Abandon Profession by CecyAdrian(f): 12:27am On Oct 10, 2016
freeze001:
Did u read at all? The DSS went to the wrong address! The implication is that they had no right to go into where they erroneously went to! So why should they breach another person's privacy even in error? You should be worried that they bungled their illegal operations and still had to lie to make themselves look good.

Where are you from again?? sad

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Justice Liman Refutes DSS Allegations; Threatens To Abandon Profession by tit(f): 12:37am On Oct 10, 2016
shameless people!
i wonder how apc cook up this lies?
with baba ijebu pot?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Justice Liman Refutes DSS Allegations; Threatens To Abandon Profession by anigbajumo(m): 12:39am On Oct 10, 2016

So??wat are u waiting for......

Make we kuku scrap rule of law that hav automatically legalized corruption both in legislative nd judiciary.

If anyone here is thinking of successful war against corruption without neglect that nonsense script called rule of law,u are high on fermented drugs.

Thumb up,PMB.......

Wait,I don't do Afonja/flathea** drama on NL.If u dare to call me Afonja, E no go better for you nd yer entire generation.

18 Likes

Re: Justice Liman Refutes DSS Allegations; Threatens To Abandon Profession by ificatchmodeh: 12:53am On Oct 10, 2016
Bubu and his gang..see am...
Dem dull no be small..imagines lies wey dem don d blow since morning.

Au sure are that the stated funds discovered or recovered na tru..
I no trust bubu from dey one..power too hungry am...

6 Likes

Re: Justice Liman Refutes DSS Allegations; Threatens To Abandon Profession by ificatchmodeh: 12:56am On Oct 10, 2016
Bubu and his gang..see am...
Dem dull no be small..imagine lies wey dem don d blow since morning.

I no trust bubu from dey one..power too hungry am...

4 Likes

Re: Justice Liman Refutes DSS Allegations; Threatens To Abandon Profession by Abagworo(m): 1:47am On Oct 10, 2016
This guy is a big fool. Lucky he is not in China as death penalty would have been his disgraceful end.

14 Likes

Re: Justice Liman Refutes DSS Allegations; Threatens To Abandon Profession by Nobody: 1:50am On Oct 10, 2016
I doubt the authenticity of this story

3 Likes

Re: Justice Liman Refutes DSS Allegations; Threatens To Abandon Profession by tafabaloo(m): 4:57am On Oct 10, 2016
Too watered a defence!

DSS occupies no 33 and you 35, yet they raided house 34 in error.

Can't laff abeg.

Better surrender and tell them what you know, because I'm sure that ur accomplice may have spill out the beans.

15 Likes

Re: Justice Liman Refutes DSS Allegations; Threatens To Abandon Profession by kokoA(m): 5:11am On Oct 10, 2016
Blood of zachariah! shocked This old man can lie o..

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Justice Liman Refutes DSS Allegations; Threatens To Abandon Profession by Nobody: 5:16am On Oct 10, 2016
The DSS has degenerated to sth funny these days. DSS of today isn't the DSS of yesterday that I was part of and its unfortunate.

3 Likes

Re: Justice Liman Refutes DSS Allegations; Threatens To Abandon Profession by Yyeske(m): 5:25am On Oct 10, 2016
Useless old man running away from justice, the sauce(source) though.

3 Likes

Re: Justice Liman Refutes DSS Allegations; Threatens To Abandon Profession by Progressive01(m): 6:01am On Oct 10, 2016
SuperS1Panther:

We are wiser than that Mr, Judge. Try harder. This judge can lie for Africa. DSS was at a wrong house from 1am to 4pm!!!! Tales by moonlight.

That crook would deny he has up to1000 naira at home if DSS had said they found 1000!!

#DeathToAllCorruptElements.

8 Likes

Re: Justice Liman Refutes DSS Allegations; Threatens To Abandon Profession by freeze001(f): 6:21am On Oct 10, 2016
CecyAdrian:

Where are you from again?? sad

Sorry? Again ke? undecided
Re: Justice Liman Refutes DSS Allegations; Threatens To Abandon Profession by PaulIdu: 6:35am On Oct 10, 2016
Please resign all you want but the yearning of all good Nigerians is that the Judiciary must be purged

6 Likes

Re: Justice Liman Refutes DSS Allegations; Threatens To Abandon Profession by babyfaceafrica: 6:44am On Oct 10, 2016
Who your lying profession epp?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu: FG Ignores UN, Refuses To Reply Requests On Deportation / Damage Control: SGF, NIA Chief’s Suspension An Afterthought – Fayose / Reno Omokri Reacts To Borno Suicide Bomb Blast; Slams President Buhari (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.