Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:27 AM

What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? (16113 Views)

What Are The Career Option For Biochemistry Graduate / What Are The Career Opportunities For A Nutrition And Dietetics Graduate / The Career Advice I Wish I Had At 25 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by Gerrard59(m): 7:09am On Oct 14, 2016
It has been said a thousand and one times on Nairaland that unless professional courses, you can work ANYWHERE. Just get a good grade, analytical skills (GMAT, SHL things) and information, that's all.

Lastly, sleep on Jarushub. Google it if you don't know.
MissHatey:
Hi, I need ideas Please.
Anybody in the House .
Let's learn from each other.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by Mcowubaba: 7:09am On Oct 14, 2016
Embassy
Radio stations
Media outlets
International organizations
Lecturer
Author
Foreign affairs Ministry

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by jy2kbeyond(m): 7:14am On Oct 14, 2016
I lost my linguistic competency because of the chase of money. Money can really make you so unfaithful.
Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by bolaji3071(m): 7:14am On Oct 14, 2016
Banks, English teacher, Computer Operator n so on

1 Like

Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by Nobody: 7:16am On Oct 14, 2016
English graduates or English language graduates??

There are lots of opportunities for English graduates. Some do get jobs even before they graduate.

English language graduates...Teaching the language, proof reading, speech writing for Bubu and other politicians cheesy, Blogging, Personal assistants, become an author etc
Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by bootstrap(m): 7:19am On Oct 14, 2016
Just a random tot....

Ain't it quite funny asking for career opportunities for English graduate only after being an English graduate?

You had atleast 4+ yrs to do that... But then again, non of my business
Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by oscarpet: 7:22am On Oct 14, 2016
to go and speak grammar....
Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by Emestar1999: 7:25am On Oct 14, 2016
English teacher grin
Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by Youngzedd(m): 7:26am On Oct 14, 2016
Customer care representatives.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by Kenshinmunac(m): 7:29am On Oct 14, 2016
MissHatey:
Hi, I need ideas Please.

Anybody in the House .

So you never enter skul abi grin
Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by Nobody: 7:30am On Oct 14, 2016
Kenshinmunac:

So you never enter skul abi grin
I am a graduate bro, going for service next month tongue tongue
Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by Kenshinmunac(m): 7:32am On Oct 14, 2016
MissHatey:

Ehn, that's nice, studied linguistics?
Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by youngjagaban(m): 7:34am On Oct 14, 2016
ellacute45:
Secondary school teacher
your thinking tho
Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by youngjagaban(m): 7:36am On Oct 14, 2016
MissHatey:
abeg,which skul did u attended....... ure a grad nd still askin 4 where u can work.....
Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by Odunharry(m): 7:38am On Oct 14, 2016
mass media, embassy, customer service unit, personal assistant, secretary, teaching etc

1 Like

Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by lordm(m): 7:39am On Oct 14, 2016
Work with hon. Patrick obayagbon
Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by Bontia(m): 7:39am On Oct 14, 2016
You can work anywhere. I am an English language graduate. I have worked in 2 different banks, a telecom firm, an IT firm and presently in the power industry.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by Nobody: 7:39am On Oct 14, 2016
youngjagaban:

abeg,which skul did u attended....... ure a grad nd still askin 4 where u can work.....
OAU undecided
As for your question, check my thread again and I will answer you when you understand it perfectly. Gracias wink
Kenshinmunac:

Ehn, that's nice, studied linguistics?
English tongue
Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by Jobabori(m): 7:41am On Oct 14, 2016
80 % of the single honour graduates are more likely to end up in classroom as teachers. It could have been better if they combine education with their course from beginning. They usually end in pursuing PGDE. OP do not mind those assuring you of jobs in UNO, Oil and Gas, Embassies and the likes. Your chance of securing job there is slim. Most of those that read the course and graduated before you are teachers. You are more likely to get job as English teacher either in a secondary or tertiary institution. If you wish for the latter, you should be ready to go for Master in the same field.
Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by femi4: 7:42am On Oct 14, 2016
MissHatey:
Hi, I need ideas Please.

Anybody in the House .
Broadcasting, Art and culture, Ministry of foreign affairs, Teaching, and Politics
Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by ebby9z(m): 7:48am On Oct 14, 2016
I am also an English language graduate. Albeit it's not a professional course, you can still delve into any of these numerous fields:Customer Sales Rep, Human Resources, Mass Media, PR, Academics, Essay writing {you can make a lot of money doing freelance work online)...
Choosing can be difficult tho.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by ebby9z(m): 7:49am On Oct 14, 2016
MissHatey:
OAU undecided
As for your question, check my thread again and I will answer you when you understand it perfectly. Gracias wink English tongue

OAU? I studied English language in OAU too. 2014 set
Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by Nobody: 7:53am On Oct 14, 2016
femi4:
Broadcasting, Art and culture, Ministry of foreign affairs, Teaching, and Politics
kiss kiss kiss
Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by NokiaN8(m): 7:53am On Oct 14, 2016
well, go into farming.. becos of this economy recession... FARMING I recommend or dont waste money on M.sc or M.Ed.
Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by Nobody: 7:56am On Oct 14, 2016
ebby9z:
I am also an English language graduate. Albeit it's not a professional course, you can still delve into any of these numerous fields:Customer Sales Rep, Human Resources, Mass Media, PR, Academics, Essay writing {you can make a lot of money doing freelance work online)...
Choosing can be difficult tho.
this is the problem self
Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by flamingREED(m): 7:57am On Oct 14, 2016
MissHatey:
teacher shocked

Chai! kwa.

What's wrong with teaching in a secondary school?

The students are not that weird and wild.

If you really want to mould a nation,
Give it the best of secondary school teachers.
Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by IamNawty(f): 7:57am On Oct 14, 2016
Misshatey my bestie oooo #dancing
Who do we dedicate this front page to oooo.. Step forward

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by Nobody: 8:10am On Oct 14, 2016
IamNawty:
Miss.hatey my bestie oooo #dancing
Who do we dedicate this front page to oooo.. Step forward
iffa catch you ehm cheesy
Lalasticlala please ban my Bestie grin.
Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by IamNawty(f): 8:13am On Oct 14, 2016
MissHatey:
iffa catch you ehm cheesy
Lalasticlala please ban my Bestie grin.
oyanah ur dedication the way I thought u grin

Lala u dare ur ban ur wife bestie nah
Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by SurestG(f): 8:14am On Oct 14, 2016
Thankz to Op for this post, I'm an English undergraduate B.A(ed). The post is helpful
smiley
Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by Nobody: 8:15am On Oct 14, 2016
I am also an English graduate but to get a job here in Warri is a talk of war.
Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by obiZEAL(m): 8:19am On Oct 14, 2016
joezy23:
minister of finace grin
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Simple Strategies To Boost Your Career / Please Advise. We Were Told To Resign / How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.