Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,476 members, 7,808,736 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:05 PM

Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story (47240 Views)

You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio / Showers Of Mercy - True Life Story / Where Is The Guy I Married?....... A Short Christian Romance Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 3:28pm On Oct 10, 2016
"Mercy Said No!" - Written by Eni Ola

I do hope you find this story interesting and worthwhile...

Episode 1

Lucy Edwards woke to the sound of the alarm clock by her bedside drawer. She knew without opening her eyes what time it was. It was exercise time! Crawling out of bed, she got into her sports gear, picked up her keys and shut the door to her flat behind her. Now outside she debated what direction she should begin from knowing she had to catch up with her jogging partner, pretty soon. Oh! Today was Monday, she realized she had the days mixed up, tomorrow was when she jogged with Logan.

He wasn't a dedicated runner like herself but he tried to keep fit by jogging now and then, and often those days changed weekly. Wide awake now having no choice, as the September wind teased her face, she wasn't really bothered about it this morning because she had a lot on her mind.

She wanted a man who had the guts to pursue and woo her as his and she didn't if he wasn't too perfect. No! That was fine by her, because it meant she could work on those challenging areas in him and turn him into an amazing husband for the entire world to admire. She needed someone who was different from her, but not so different that they had to work through their mountains of differences to find each other. She knew her expectations were strange, but growing up in this part of the world had given her a different perspective on love and marriage.

Love was everywhere, but true love yes! Now that was very difficult to find, and it couldn't be found in poems, and love songs, neither could it be found in pubs and cinemas. She knew when she was younger; most girls her age had wanted that so called mystery that love presented in the dark haired stranger and tempting questionable 'romantic' situations that presented themselves everywhere.

Her father died when she was young, she and mother had to be strong together to make it through each day that God gave them the grace for. She needed so much from God, her dreams were in His hands, and she couldn't afford a distraction, for just some lousy few minutes with some guy, just because he claimed he loved her! For all these reasons and more she avoided relationships like a plague. She wanted marriage and companionship simple! and it wasn't as if she didn't want to be loved, no! She wanted to be loved but on her own terms, which was what she'd been brought up to understand, love her mother often said would come in time!

Now she was ready, at 25 she had her own business to manage, and though it was still small, she believed that Jehovah would make it more successful someday. She was ready to move on to the next phase of her life as the months flew by in the later part of the year. Her pastor, Ibi had prophesied that this new month, for those who had faith, they would encounter their lifetime partners. Amen! to that, she'd claimed passionately, and now she was truly expectant.

Matt smiled to himself while jogging a few meters away from Lucy. He had planned this moment to the latter and there was no way, this week was going to end without firmly imprinting a good impression of himself on Lucy's mind. He'd watched, waited and asked questions about her discretely, he found out she was single and ready for a serious commitment, 'that could be arranged' he told himself.

This was the woman he wanted and he was to going to have her, she was already his anyways as far as he was concerned it was only a matter of time. Armed with all the details about her he'd come up with, he came to the realization that the only thing that would help keep him apart from every other man was if he offered more, if he gave her something she truly wanted; a Marriage Proposal.

He remembered the first time he'd first laid eyes on Lucy, she had been leading the worship in church on Sunday, his heart had melted at the angelic sounds that came out of her, for that reason alone he suspected he'd fallen in love with the song she sang that day. 'I have loved you with an everlasting love and I have drawn you with my loving kindness', watching her sing he felt connected and drawn to her, gliding through every note with her, he'd felt the deep meanings the song projected, it truly was a lovely special song and he' sensed that it meant so much more to her.

He'd heard her pass comments about her childhood, more like sharing her testimony whenever she lead the exhortation during the bible study during the week or sometimes before she led the worship, to encourage believers to hold on to God. As for him, he too was an only child but instead brought up by strong catholic parents, he'd rebelled back in his teenage years, he'd been drawn to booze, women, parties and everything young men did just for trips until he came to a point where he began to feel empty and ashamed but God had taken him back with open arms, showered him with love, compassion and everything good thing in between and although he felt and knew that he still wasn't the perfect son yet he knew he was still special to God.

And Lucy was the woman for him, she had that Christian wife attitude about her, and although he was surrounded by beautiful women all the time, and maybe attracted to a few, like Beth from work, he knew what he wanted and Lucy had it all. She was business minded, intelligent, reserved, witty and God fearing and for the kind of heights he was aiming for spiritually he needed a woman who would help him grow. His parents always told him, 'good things come to those who wait', but he strongly disagreed, 'good things came to those who walked towards it'. Just like 'heaven doesn't just help those who help themselves, but those who correctly aligned themselves to be helped' at least that was how he chose to interpret it.

This was his week, if he missed this window of opportunity, he might not get a chance to capture her attention again, he knew he wasn't the only guy who wanted a chance, he knew he wasn't the only guy who was interested in Lucy but he was willing to take an extra step and go the extra mile. Shivering in the cold weather, he wondered how anyone in their right senses could ever endure been out in this weather every day. Shaking his head he jogged up to meet up with her, he'd heard she loved challenges well here was one at her feet. Matthew Peters!

Hi Lucy? He began jogging into step with her.

Startled from her meditation, Lucy turned to the guy jogging next to her and instantly recognized him; he was a familiar face in church. But determined to play it cool, she looked at him askance.

Hello, she replied tilting her head, her face read 'do I know you?'

Understanding what she meant, Matt replied. I know you from church, you sing in the choir right!

Nodding she answered; Yes I do.

You have such an angelic voice; you know I just love it when you lead worship. I feel like God's presence really comes down mightily, especially when you sing that love song, the one by Tom Brooks. Actually you made me like that song, it's so deep.

Now he had her attention, music was a favorite subject for her. Yeah! She replied, it means a lot to me. Switching to a neutral subject,

Are you into jogging? She asked.

No! Are you kidding, why would I put myself through these cold degrees of weather, just because I wanted to be fit. I consider exercise to be torture that's why I watch what I eat, I do go as far as a few pushups and crunches but that's my limit. He said holding up his hands. He was choosing his words very carefully; making sure each word struck a chord within her.

Laughing she asked so what are you doing out here then?

Ha! Ha! He replied I'm here to ask you out to dinner tonight. don't get me wrong, I'm freezing right now but I'm determined to follow you every morning this year, until you give me the right answer because you are worth it.

Laughing more Lucy could not believe her ears, he was going through just for dinner and she told him so.

He replied No! You are getting it wrong, I know you get dinner invitations all the time, so that's not the reason I'm here. See, I'm a different guy and I've got something much better to offer, he stated confidently.

Besides I have come to believe that you are quiet and open minded enough to spend a few minutes of your time with me and listen to what I have to say, hence the dinner offer. He said smiling.

Bewildered yet intrigued, Lucy went quiet, mulling over his words. She normally would have told him no, but this was a month for issues of the heart but on the other hand this was unusual of her she felt odd about it but still she was impressed at the lengths he'd gone, making a decision, she told him her answer.

I hope you like Pizza. He asked excitedly secretly aware that she didn't but she loved a challenge and he was presenting her one. He in true form no presences!!!

What! Lucy cringed inside Pizza! Aloud she said, well it's not my cup of tea but I can always give it another try. She answered shrugging her shoulders.

Matt was not at all surprised by her answer and was really impressed with himself with the direction things had gone in just a few minutes! He asked her for her home address then gave her the time he would pick her up, he thanked her then turned around and jogged back to his car, looking forward to its welcoming warmth.

Later that day, Matt picked her up and they went to a Pizza Hut restaurant, dinner was great especially as they'd hit it off instantly earlier. The combined softness of Lucy's nature and the rough diamond texture of Matt's gave the relationship the right appeal for her and when three months later, a few days after Christmas, Matt proposed, she said yes immediately.

To Be Continued.....

Source: http://gospelbreed.com/2016/09/mercy-said-no-episode-1/

_____

Comments will be duly appreciated, smiley.

Cc: Lalasticlala, Ishilove, Semid4lyfe, Obinoscopy, Maiconyoung, Jacy67, Snowangel, Joepretty, Oyay, Dandypearl, heemah,iykekelvins, joanee20, Missmossy, virtuedagirl, ashatoda, missviva, iykekelvins, luciangelymail, Heemah, DandyPearl, Bellovers, Sageez, Afz9095, Ysadiq, VMtuppence, Calmdove, Domido, Maggielovely, Rukkydelta, Damyem, Mutdam, Olaxtra, Daslad, M003, Ernie98, Kingphillip, Youngseraph, Emerald18, Jhybho, Fiyah, Chinwezdasilva, Jsharp, Adajiboyy, Ideatoprince18, Deesquare01, Nidaxj, Snowangel, Gbens2000, Spdazzy, Mattkent, Dimssy, Hefelove, Iyoha240, gbens2000, vaxt, TONYE001, Mczigx, saxwizard, SimpleBea, bukaty, Maiconyoung, Euniz, dadido, oluangelkay,

Story Source: http://gospelbreed.com

Facebook Page: https://facebook.com/GospelBreed

6 Likes

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 5:00pm On Oct 10, 2016
Episode 2

It was a new year and a new month, the year 2000 and finally Logan could sense that his grieving days were coming to an end, and he was truly ready to move on. Ever since Amy his wife had died in a way he would sum as tragic, he'd felt like he would never love again, but this year he was determined to embrace all that life and love had to offer in all godliness and moderation of course! He thought of Lucy as he often times did, wondering why she'd kept Matt a secret the past few months.

He'd thought they were friends, in between jogging, choir practice, cinema, shopping and practically doing everything together, he'd thought she would have at least confided in him. But that wasn't the only thing that bothered him, No! What brought on the blues was that for the past two years they'd been friends, he'd unintentionally developed feelings for her and lately he felt like the intimacy of their friendship was starting to lose its innocence. His feelings were surfacing and it seemed like it was now too late to explore what they meant. It had been yet another great day tainted with all these thoughts of Lucy, Logan went to bed that night feeling despondent about the future of their friendship.

The phone alarm buzzed it was 6am, Logan made to get up, he was supposed to meet up with Lucy today for jogging, but thinking better of it, in the light of these unresolved emotions and issues he turned off the alarm and laid back, hoping to catch another 30 minutes of sleep and then call Lucy just around the time he knew she would get to their meeting spot, he thought to himself, drifting off. A while later the buzzer sounded, startled he woke up wondering what sound he'd heard, then he heard it again, it was coming from the door, getting out of bed, he crossed the room down the corridor to the buzzer, which had a video feed attached to it. Seeing who it was he quickly looked at the time, oh God! He'd overslept, the time was 7am and standing downstairs was Lucy probably worried about his absence.

Pressing the button, he let her in, rushing to the rest room to relieve himself, figuring he had enough time to grab some clothes on before Lucy came up the five flights of stairs, for he lived at the top flat. Flushing the loo he quickly splashed some water on his face, wiped his face on the towel, and rushed back down the corridor to his room.

There you are; she exclaimed

Shocked he looked at the door and back at her and then the door again. How did you get here so fast?

You forgot to lock the door again. She answered, breathing quite fast due to the speed with which she ran up the stairs.

Oh! Lucy I'm sorry for not calling... He began and paused as Lucy's strange expression caught his attention.

Lucy suddenly noticed he had only his briefs on. Normally she would have turned her face, sensibly she should have averted her eyes to make him aware of his undressed state but for some reason she stood rooted to the spot, taking it all in. His was a perfect build, muscles and all, from his arms to his abs to his long well toned legs. Then she floated back to reality, heard Logan speaking and became self-conscious while still staring at his half nude body. She blinked rapidly, trying desperately to come up with a mental ruse to compose herself, aware Logan was watching her intently.

Deciding to salvage her dignity, in this obviously embarrassing and already given-away act, she spoke briskly

'Logan I can see you are obviously feeling well and that you are very much perfect, blushing furiously she mentally slapped herself 'I mean you are very much feeling okay'. 'You look alright and really good'

Oh! God she groaned inwardly' did I just say that out loud', 'erm I mean you are not looking like you've got the flu or something' come on Lucy focus she thought inside struggling to keep up her act.

Suddenly exasperated with everything, she boldly shouted at him 'for Christ sakes Logan get some clothes on'.

His earlier shock wearing off, he quickly nodded in agreement and rushed to his room, his heart in his mouth unable to process what he just saw. Few seconds later he was back out, in a pair of blue jeans and a white sweat shirt, seizing him up and down, Lucy felt her heart jump into her mouth. She had never noticed how almost perfect he looked, she was startled at the level of attraction she felt towards him, he looked so hot and sexy. Shocked! she went still, not believing that she actually just thought that. What was going on with her today? This was Logan, Logan her very good friend who would always remain that if she had anything to do with it. The poor devil! he chose the wrong subjects to get tempted because she Lucy Edwards will never fall into a sexual temptation that easily, not even with her fiancé Matt, Yes! Matt she should be thinking about him, she emphasized in her head. Aloud she said 'I better get going, I forgot my phone, which was why I decided to come up and check on you, or I would have called'.

Let me drop you, he offered, it's the least I can do, it's going to take you time to get home and be out again to beat the rush hour traffic.

Okay. She agreed wondering if it was a good idea.

Moving towards the door, Logan grabbed his keys and shut the door behind them. They were silent all the way down the stairs even to the car. Everyone to their thoughts, Logan knew something was budding between them, and he knew that Lucy could feel it too but what could it mean? This was wrong timing anyway, because she was engaged and getting married to Matt a friend from church in about seven months. He knew what he felt; he'd known for a while now refusing to give in to it, he wasn't a stranger to love he'd loved once and until now he'd always thought that it was a onetime privilege in a lifetime.

Lucy tried to focus her thoughts by picking anything random on the road and fixating on it. Red light yeah keep going girl, man and his Labrador puppy oh! How cute, amber light, old couple walking together holding hands, how sweet! Logan's body, ah! Lucy focus. What was happening to her? This wasn't the first time she'd felt this way, for a while now she'd sensed that something had shifted in their friendship, in a way it was the reason she'd kept Matt a secret for as long as she could. She loved Matt, and was going to marry him, that was a given, but what was happening with her and Logan?

She'd never experienced the flood of emotions she felt when she'd stood there staring at him come to think of it, it happened anytime she was around him nowadays. The problem with her was because of her inexperience feelings wise, she had nothing to compare to, nothing to relate with, and nothing to help her understand what this was. Besides she knew deep down she wasn't ready to analyze and process these emotions for fear of unearthing something that could disrupt the perfect balance of her life.

Here we are Logan spoke finally, coming to a stop in front of her house. So are we still on for tonight's movie? He asked.

Lucy realized the car had stopped, and Logan had said something which she'd missed, so turning to him askance

What? She asked

The movie, tonight, are you free? He asked again speaking more aloud than necessary, not wanting to think about where her mind had been again.

Hm! Are you free? She asked him back

Yes! He replied

Ok that's settled then. What time is it?

There's one showing at six, and one showing at eight.

I think the one at six is good, she conceded

Nodding he agreed. So I'll pick you up?

Lucy wondered to herself, if that sounded like a date. A date! What was she thinking Logan usually picked her up, what was different now? Berating herself she agreed and stepped out. Determined to be in control, she walked slowly towards the door, even though all she wanted to do was run and keep running away from these emotions that made her feel out of control.

Later that day, he picked her up after she'd dashed home from work to dabble at her appearance convincing herself that the reason she was doing it was because she liked looking good which was partly true. Now they were at the Cinema by the beachside and as was their habit, she paid for the tickets and he bought the popcorn. Tonight as they sat to watch the movie they both tried a little too much, to act normal around each other. By the time the movie ended at 8pm, they both realized they were feeling hungry as they had barely touched their popcorn. Logan suggested they dine at the Chinese restaurant nearby. It was a few minutes away so they walked down quietly and not until they were seated did she realize what a bad idea it was.

For while in the cinema, with about fifty other people had given them this false stability in the way things used to be between them now that they were seated directly opposite each other, it was much harder to concentrate on anything but Logan. Feeling a bit uncomfortable too Logan tried to chip in small bits of conversations now and then to get them through this sham of a dinner. He noticed it was working because Lucy was also chipping in too. And then everything went quiet, Lucy had enough of her main course and could not wait to move on to dessert she waited while Logan finished his meal stretching out the silence even more, she became enthralled with watching him eat, captivated by every single detail, he was so unaware of how intense the tiny performance made her feel inside. She found herself thinking thoughts that brought up mental images she never knew she was capable of thinking, it was a good thing she was biracial because her facial blush would have given her thoughts away instantly.

In that instant, Lucy realized this couldn't work any longer. Logan was a distraction she didn't need, she didn't know what to do about him yet but she couldn't abide being around him. This was not herself, he made her feel out of control and that she didn't like. She wanted to go home, she needed to be alone right now, to process what was happening, and she told him so.

Without making an argument for dessert, Logan instantly agreed partly because he needed to be alone by himself right now, things were going in a different course and he needed to be prepared and not caught off guard, he needed to process this whole day's events, he needed to have a good honest conversation with himself and God. Together they stood up and went towards the counter to pay the bill. Logan offered to pay and to his surprise, Lucy didn't put up a fight, which was a dead give-away to her state of mind, he knew now that something had changed between them. Normally she would have insisted on paying half of the bill or insisted he agreed that she would be paying for lunch the next time they went out. But tonight she was quiet withdrawn and clearly flustered, emotions he could definitely identify with since he felt them too.

Dropping her off, she turned to thank him, just at the same moment he absently reached out to the glove compartment to retrieve a music CD. Their eyes met and they stared at another, probably for a second or two but it was long enough for both of them to realize there was definitely something between them and the innocence of what they had was changing, they couldn't go back to the way they used to be.

Thanking him for the ride Lucy hastily got out of the car and this time she ran as swiftly as her legs would allow her.

Later that night as she prepared to sleep after having a long refreshing shower that did wonders for her current state of mind for she'd sat down there allowing the cascading water to fall on her for almost an hour or there about, Lucy remembered how she felt when she gazed into his eyes again the feeling had caused shivers all the way down to her spine. No! this was not right the only man she had eyes for was Matt, for God sakes she was getting married to him anytime soon, she should be feeling this way towards him and not any other man, especially one who was so vulnerable right now.

There she was lying on her bed thinking of how the day had gone, every inch and bit of their conversations and actions were carefully stored and reproduced in her head now that she found herself alone, she understood now that proverb about the idle mind. Being a product of a black Scottish mum and a white British dad meant you had the best and the worst of both worlds living in you, some would say she was a complex being but she always argued, she was just a big mind living in a small body meaning she had to make the most of what she had to express herself and there were times when she just felt so overwhelmed by it all, when it felt like her whole being was struggling and fighting to be known, to be understood and to fit in. Logan made her feel like he understood without making an effort ever since they'd met two years ago, she'd being there for him as a friend for she was friends with Susan, his sister in law who had invited him to their church and they'd officially met when she'd gone jogging one morning. As they'd grew closer she realized that it was her God given responsibility to be there for him less he slip back into grieving although she would admit that apart from the occasional blues, he was very strong and determined to move on just as he'd promised Amy his late wife. He'd told her how they'd eventually known she was leaving this world for Heaven and Amy had wanted him to move on and live his life while time was on his side.

She'd admired the wisdom of his wife and swore to help him get through his grief. Eventually he soon became on friendly terms with most of the men in church including Matt who although knew they were good friends never perceived their friendship a threat, she believed it was because Matt thought Logan been a widower would never want to love again, they hung out occasionally except when Matt went off-shore which was almost regularly and expected for a town like Aberdeen. Here she was dawdling again, sometimes she just couldn't understand the thoughts flow in her mind, you would think that she should be getting ready to sleep and prepare for the next day or yet alone dreamily thinking about Matt, her sweetheart but no! Her thoughts were completely out of the loop.

She went still realizing in that instant what she had to do, the solution to everything, the answer, it was malicious, childish and un-Christ like but she would do it, she would do everything in her power to avoid Logan from now on for it was no longer safe to be around him, she decided.

Logan slipped away his slippers and stepped onto the hard laminate floor in his room and the sudden shivers of its coldness sent goose bumps all over him but he wasn't bothered about that, neither was he bothered by the familiar embrace of the cold hard bed that welcomed his hard built body under the duvet. He was used to sleeping alone at night again well may be not totally but ever since Amy died he'd found out that he had no choice but to move on. And every day had made him stronger and he will always be grateful to God for being there for him, even right now the confusing wave of moments during the day washed over again. Lucy, Lucy! Something was definitely there, the connection they shared was intense, during the time they'd spent together and when their eyes had met. Oh! God there was no way he could be falling for the future wife of his friend, no! He must be imagining it all, what with his vulnerability and all but still he decided to take the moral high ground by acting cool and withdrawn from now on, may be not so withdrawn, so as not to come off as harsh and push her away, they were supposed to be friends after all and she'd been really good to him...

Oh! Who cares Logan for God sakes just avoid the woman until she gets married! He snapped at himself.

It Continues still...

Source: http://gospelbreed.com/2016/09/mercy-said-no-episode-2/

Ayam here again oh Lalasticlala and cuddlemi

5 Likes

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by OYAY(m): 5:24pm On Oct 10, 2016
Thanks for the mentioned, let me sit and enjoy the meal when it lasts!

1 Like

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 6:04pm On Oct 10, 2016
OYAY:
Thanks for the mentioned, let me sit and enjoy the meal when it lasts!

Thanks OYAY!
Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by saxwizard(m): 8:19pm On Oct 10, 2016
ride on bro

1 Like

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by joanee20(f): 11:27pm On Oct 10, 2016
Olajhidey22:
"Mercy Said No!" - Written by Eni Ola

I do hope you find this story interesting and worthwhile...

Source: http://gospelbreed.com/2016/09/mercy-said-no-episode-1/

_____

Comments will be duly appreciated, smiley.

Cc: Lalasticlala, Ishilove, Semid4lyfe, Obinoscopy, Maiconyoung, Jacy67, Snowangel, Joepretty, Oyay, Dandypearl, heemah,iykekelvins, joanee20, Missmossy, virtuedagirl, ashatoda, missviva, iykekelvins, luciangelymail, Heemah, DandyPearl, Bellovers, Sageez, Afz9095, Ysadiq, VMtuppence, Calmdove, Domido, Maggielovely, Rukkydelta, Damyem, Mutdam, Olaxtra, Daslad, M003, Ernie98, Kingphillip, Youngseraph, Emerald18, Jhybho, Fiyah, Chinwezdasilva, Jsharp, Adajiboyy, Ideatoprince18, Deesquare01, Nidaxj, Snowangel, Gbens2000, Spdazzy, Mattkent, Dimssy, Hefelove, Iyoha240, gbens2000, vaxt, TONYE001, Mczigx, saxwizard, SimpleBea, bukaty, Maiconyoung, Euniz, dadido, oluangelkay,

Story Source: http://gospelbreed.com

Facebook Page: https://facebook.com/GospelBreed

pwesently present.. let me read now

2 Likes

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 10:07am On Oct 11, 2016
saxwizard:
ride on bro

I sight you pal! smiley
Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 10:08am On Oct 11, 2016
joanee20:

pwesently present.. let me read now

Welcome dear smiley
Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 10:11am On Oct 11, 2016
Episode 3

The alarm rang, and instinctively Lucy reached out her hand to turn it off, knowing just where the button was without even opening her eyes. It was 5.45am in the morning, she usually tuned her alarm around this time, so as to give her enough time to rouse from sleep by 6.00am so she could go about starting the day. Usually this meant she had to go jogging, sleepily she forced herself to focus, got out of bed, went to the rest room which was down the corridor in her one bed apartment. Living alone was the one thing she loved and also hated about single life, as much as she loved the privacy there were times she wished there was someone to share a laugh with, ah! Well at least she had her kitchen to herself and didn't have to worry about who ate what.

Getting into her sports gear, she managed to be out on time, mentally she applauded herself and set out in her chosen route for the day wondering if Logan was going to come out too, hoping he wouldn't and wishing he would. With the music in her ears and the winter cold barely constricting her air flow, she jogged down the road, thanking God for the strength to keep doing this, for she knew a lot of folks who wished they could but just couldn't make an effort and the ones who tried but never lasted a week let alone a few days, so doing this all year round except during extreme whether circumstances meant a lot to her and she would always be grateful to the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of might for all the help.

In 30 minutes she was almost on her way back looking forward to having her daily devotional time with God at work, she missed Logan even more, they'd been jogging partners for almost two years and friends. She hadn't seen him in a while except from afar in church yesterday and for her that was a bit unusual, refusing to allow herself to dwell on the silence growing between them. Letting herself into the apartment, she headed straight for the bathroom, she knew she should sit through another 15 minutes of stomach crunches but she really needed to relieve herself and that usually meant she would have her bath afterwards. She mentally promised herself she would do some 30 minutes crunches in the evening when she got home, wincing as she thought of the extra pain she had just inflicted on herself.

45 minutes later she was driving out of her garage into the city centre which was about a 20 minutes' drive but the early morning traffic usually made this 10 minutes longer than usual. She owned a used Astra, which she actually got for a good deal on eBay, she once again said a prayer of thanks to God for the great bargain and all she had to do was arrange to have it picked up since it was located here in Aberdeen, with the help of some of the guys in Church.A horn blared right behind her she looked up and saw that the traffic light was green, raising her hand up in apology, she speedily drove through the connecting road that led her right through to George street where her business was. Finding her favorite spot she packed her car, changed her flats to her black work shoes, got out, and made it just at exactly 8am.

It continues.....

Source: http://gospelbreed.com/2016/09/mercy-said-no-episode-3/

1 Like

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 10:13am On Oct 11, 2016
Episode 3 - Contd

Usually she opened at 9am, but getting here early meant she had enough time to speak with God and prepare for the day. Quickly she stepped in, closed the door right behind her without flicking the signs, and went into her mini office space. Dropping her bag, she reached for her NKJV bible and her daily devotional, one of her friends at church had given her a devotional booklet, called the daily manna 2 years ago, and ever since she'd insisted on receiving a copy every quarter. Flipping through it, she found the date for today, the 28th of February. Read the bible scriptures, and proceeded to start her worship to God, her favorite worship song of all times was a very deep song about God's love, written and sung by Tom brooks. ' I have loved you with an everlasting love...' she sang it over and over again, letting the deep meaning of the song minister to her, she knew that God loved her, and nothing could separate her from his love, didn't He say so in word, didn't He send his only Son to die for her, that she through Him would have eternal life, she thanked the lord for His mercies and grace every single day, she prayed that God would give her the strength to love Him more for He was the constant and she was the variable, she also prayed about Logan that God would in His infinite wisdom help her to flee and fight this distraction so that she did not put all that she had worked for in jeopardy, receiving peace she thanked the Lord and concluded her devotion, then she read her bible passage for the day, and at 9am like every other week day, she opened her Beauty Makeover Company for business.

Making it through each day of the week in anticipation for Sunday, the day Matt got back from offshore was not as easy as she thought. They talked every day before she went to bed for they tried to be strict about not receiving calls at work. She made it through to choir practice on Saturday, and went to bed with excitement, they'd planned to meet at church besides it was his Birthday as well, which meant she was taking him out for lunch, she was so excited Matt made loving him so much fun. For he was that kind of person, who was just so full of life, talking with him on the phone sometimes she had to mentally shake herself to remind her that he wasn't in the same room with her, he just affected everybody that way.

Carefully she laid down her beautiful cocktail dress, shoes and accessories by the desktop table in her room, arranging them neatly in anticipation for the next day. She was a much organized person, years of being brought up by her mother had instilled this in her actually, and although then she had felt it was pure torture, now she was glad to have had such upbringing. Going to bed, she said her prayers to God committing the night and tomorrow's events into his hands and most especially Matt's flight for he was arriving around 6am. Dwelling on her daily memory verse ask and you shall receive..., thereafter she said the grace, and drifted off to sleep, totally clueless of the temptations and expectations, that were bearing up on her.

It Continues.....

2 Likes

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 10:15am On Oct 11, 2016
Episode 3 - Contd

The service was great as usual, and as they shared the grace, she slowly and with excitement, made her way towards Matt, who she'd seen, come in few minutes into the service. There was a buzz in the air as everyone chatted excitedly as was the norm every Sunday, the Choir was having their post service meeting but she'd slipped out unnoticed determined to see Matt before everyone beat her to it, she fondly called this period after service, church after church, for this was when, everyone dropped their guard and truly interacted as a family. She saw him coming towards her and she couldn't help but smile at how normal it was for him been white, to feel completely at ease in a Pentecostal church with a congregation majorly composed of blacks from all nations. Standing in front of each other she knew any other place and time, they would be hugging and probably share a kiss, for that was all they did anyway until they exchanged marriage vows, but here in church decorum dictated that they communicated through their eyes and words.

How was your trip? She asked him giddily, almost standing too close to him.

It was great, he replied as he took a step back it was all he could do to restrain himself from holding her, and 'I slept through it all. You look stunning as always'. Unable to keep his hands beside him as he carefully brushed her hair with his hands, smiling at her.

Blushing she smiled back, thanks, Happy Birthday she whispered to him her eyes twinkling.

Thanks.

I'm taking you out for lunch at your favorite place

Pizza Hut?

Yes!

Oh! That sounds great he replied just give me few minutes to say hello to one or two people okay? He asked

Okay no problem she replied looking down her watch we've got enough time, so just wave to me when you' re ready she concluded. Squeezing her hand with the glint in his eyes betraying just how much he was suppressing his excitement at seeing her, he excused himself.

Turning around, her eyes connected instantly with Logan's and her heart almost jumped right out. She'd managed to forget about him all through the week avoiding him during the weekly services and at the choir practice, and there he was standing there chatting with the choir members, one of whom was her very good friend, Susan, who was also Liam his brother's wife, and very much pregnant expecting her second child, hoping it would be a girl, she'd confided in Lucy. Liam attended another church, but gave his wife the liberty to attend their church especially since Logan came as well. They'd become very good friends over time and she was a very loyal customer too. Lucy had lots of acquaintances but very few friends; it came from being brought up by a reserved mother who was very wise and a very good judge of character. There he was standing looking so handsome in his black suit, what gave him the right to look that good? Quite aware of how ridiculous she sounded her mind made up there and then she walked towards them determined to get things out in the open once and for all.

It Continues Still....

3 Likes

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 10:18am On Oct 11, 2016
Episode 3 - Contd

Hi Susan, how's the baby doing?

Lucy hi, nice outfit, you look so lovely, I see Matt's around, don't tell me, I know she winked at her giving her a knowing look, Lucy laughed out loud, only Susan could make her feel this way in spite of what was going on inside her.

I don't know what you're talking about girl! Turning serious she looked at Logan,

Hi

Hi he replied stiffly

How was your week? Lucy asked feeling the need be chatty since Susan was watching

Ok and yours he asked following her lead

Just then Susan excused herself running to catch up with a member leaving the two of them and a buzz of conversations around them

Lucy cleared her throat, took a deep breath and said can we talk?

Logan squinted his eyes down at her as if trying to determine what about and answered yeah!

Sighing she started look I don't know how to say this but I believe with situations like this you have to be blunt or else you could get into trouble.

In a quiet but steady voice she looked him in the eye and said I can't be around you any longer Logan and I think you know why?

Logan stood there his heart beating fast, knowing she was right and admiring her for being so gutsy.

Say something she demanded almost feeling foolish.

Say what? You're right, I feel what you feel and I know what you know, I know you have so much going on with you right now but can we sit down to...

There is nothing to talk about, she said interrupting him don't you get it you're just a distraction for me right now, I'll even narrow it down to pre wedding jitters, you are still so vulnerable, and you are targeting your emotions at the first woman that showered you with some kindness.

Now wait a minute let's get the facts right before you go ahead and analyse my feelings for me, firstly Amy died two years ago and secondly you are not the first woman to show me some kindness. Thirdly what I feel...

What you feel! she cut in speaking through clenched teeth, Logan I have so much going on in my life right now, everything that I have prayed and hoped for is coming true, I'm getting married in 6 months!, I love Matt so much and he is your friend! Besides that we are Christians, and the bible commands clearly what we should do in situations like this. I won't fight this, I won't even deal with it, I don't even want to process it let alone discuss it, just stay away from me from now okay, I am asking, no! I am demanding that you ignore me for as long as it takes. Lucy's eyes went soft when she said this, please she pleaded I'm not equipped to handle this distraction right.

Logan stood there watching this woman who'd come to be one of his very good friends and who he now realized he'd fallen in love with say the words that would eventually come to haunt him every day of his life. Lucy he said I'm sorry if this is what it has to come to but don't you think you're being hasty to draw the line. I mean are you really sure you know who your life partner is? Are you really sure Matt's the one for you surely there's must be a shred of doubt somewhere in there; I know he's perfect and I know you guys are great together but...

It continues still....

Source: http://gospelbreed.com/2016/09/mercy-said-no-episode-3/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 10:21am On Oct 11, 2016
Episode 3 - Contd...

Hey Lucy! Matt called, he was just a few steps away from them, watching them from afar, he'd wondered what both of them could be discussing that made them look so intense, he knew they were friends and he had nothing to worry about for Logan was a great guy besides for some reason he never considered him a threat, he was confident that Lucy was his and he'd sealed the deal a while back when he'd given her what she truly wanted a marriage proposal. So walking towards them he decided to give them time to adjust so he didn't have to eavesdrop on what they were saying, he knew she would tell him eventually.

Hey Matt! Logan said fighting for composure, he'd completely forgotten about their surroundings, he hoped Matt or even anyone around hadn't heard any part of the conversation he and Lucy were having. Happy Birthday man, Susan told me he quickly added, how was the trip down?

It was great, missed dry land, couldn't wait to come back especially since my bride-to-be was here patiently awaiting my arrival. He said smiling in Lucy's direction.

Ha! Ha! Lucy laughed, also trying to compose herself, normally she would have thrown in a few retorts, but she was still trying to come to grips with Logan's last words earlier.

Shrugging them off in her head, she felt a spark of anger at him, he just had to utter those words, well what did he know about her nothing! And what right did he have to think he could tell her what to think or feel just because he felt something for her. Well it's a good thing she already told him off, because she didn't think she could stand being in his presence again. Argh! The nerve of the man

Thinking all these thoughts she saw that Matt and Logan were both looking at her, obviously they were waiting for her response to something that was said to her, trying to recover wishing this scene would just end, she smiled and then pretended to look down at her watch, briefly distracting them, she realized the time was far spent, looking up surprised she gasped oh! Matt we really have to get going I reserved the table for 2'0 clock and look it's already 1.30.

Oh right! Matt replied, we'll catch up later Logan.

Yeah sure, Take care, Logan answered and walked off without a glance at Lucy.

Later that afternoon at Pizza Hut, having made their orders, Lucy found herself more relaxed now that she had matt all to herself. It was always this way from the moment they'd met, they found it easy to be at ease with each other without having to make an extra effort unlike most couples. Here they were, completely unconcerned about the goings on around them, totally in love and enjoying one another's company. Matt had her undivided attention, riling her with jokes and stories from work and she was playing the role of the dutiful woman who saw the sun rise and set in the eyes of her lover. To the unpracticed eye they looked almost perfect.

Easing herself into his arms for they had one of those comfy sofa seats and they were seated next to each other, she liked it this way, so she could be the only one who heard his sweet masculine voice. Their desserts arrived, and taking advantage of the silence she decided to broach a topic that had being on her mind for a while.

Matt don't you think it's time we started taking spiritual things more seriously.

How do you mean Lu? He asked

I mean we are getting married soon and I just feel that we don't pray enough, don't fast enough, don't go to church enough, read the bible enough you know do more godly things. Actually what she meant was 'he', but she knew from her marriage counseling classes that pointing the finger never did much good.

She continued, so I was thinking we should start working on it. God has being really good to us bringing us together and all; I don't think we should take his grace for granted.

Sensing what she meant, he smiled to himself knowing she was being tactful, he knew she was the stronger one, always had been even before they got engaged, but a part of him resented the fact that she was right but he couldn't afford to let this change the connection he'd worked hard to have with her and so smiling he spoke to her, alright Lu what do you suggest? I'm sure you already have a step by step plan prepared, he said sounding sarcastic. Lucy squirmed inside knowing she'd hit a nerve, Matt was very sensitive about his spiritual life especially when he knew she'd come close to the truth. She knew when he was off-shore and away from her and the Church, he slipped out of his routine and the longer away he was the more concerned she became especially whenever she called him and asked him about it, to which he always answered vaguely. One thing she knew about her husband-to-be was he was not a good liar, he was a smooth talker but lying once she got close to him she realized was not his thing and although she believed that when they got married and had a spiritual routine set up together as a couple, he would change but still she needed him to make some extra effort, however nosy he might think her right now, the subject had to be spoken of, the things of God meant a lot to her and she needed him to take it seriously too if he was going to become her husband.

It continues still...

Source:
http://gospelbreed.com/2016/09/mercy-said-no-episode-3/

2 Likes

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 10:23am On Oct 11, 2016
Episode 3....Contd....

I apologize if I sounded a bit out of line. She offered

It's okay Lu, you can say anything to me, it's you. He countered still smiling

Feeling more uncomfortable, she tried to read his expression, to see if he meant his words.

Matt smiled at her knowing what she was doing, one of the reasons he loved her was because she was so easy and open, so pure in heart but still it made him feel uneasy sometimes.

Bracing herself she spoke again, I was thinking we should work towards attending mid-week services on Monday and Wednesdays, I have choir practices on Tuesdays so I was wondering if we could take that day to go on a fast and break at six in the evening.

6pm! Matt screamed aloud

Or whatever time you suggest? She corrected feeling squirmy again.

No! Its okay Matt quickly interjected, just pulling your legs, smiling at her again but this time he wasn't selling it, he wondered to himself why this woman was just so determined to turn him around in one day. I can do that he continued, but you will have to remind me of the days for the services especially this week so I don't forget and sleep off, you know I'm not going back to work yet since I took some time off to rest.

Oh! I didn't know, that's great, you lucky man I wish I could take time off too.

Of course you can take time off! you'd just rather not, so don't wish you want what you know you don't want to have. Matt said with an edge to his voice.

This time she knew he was definitely simmering, he had that look in his eyes she knew meant he was walking up the 'angry cliff', and anything could push him over now.

Praying for wisdom and peace she kept quiet. Looking down her plate, she realized they were through with their dessert, which meant the bill was next, except if Matt wanted something else. She asked him but he declined. Standing up she picked up her purse went straight to the till, spoke to the waiter and asked to pay the bill fishing out her card. That took a few minutes, looking around she saw that Matt was already waiting for her by the door holding their coats. Walking towards him, she smiled knowing he was waiting to help her slip into her jacket. These were the things she loved about him; he had the impeccable manners of a gentleman, what every woman dreamed of in a man.

Matt pushed the door open for her and she stepped out with him right behind. Holding hands they walked in the direction of her car, for he usually walked down to church since he lived within walking distance, allowing his car a day rest. She drove him home, thinking it best if they said goodbye now, although usually they spent Sundays together, either at her place or his or even going out. A few minutes later she pulled into the drive way and packed by one of the free spots in the parking lot, Matt realized he should have moved his car out of his spot so she could park in his, said this to her apologizing for not realizing this on time and made to rectify this assuming she was coming up with him, but she stopped him telling him she was just dropping him off.

Why he asked it's my birthday, besides we always spend Sundays together and I haven't been around for a while Lucy.

I'm not feeling too good sorry. She said not feeling sorry at all

Are you okay? He asked disbelief written all over him

Yeah! Just a bit of a headache, I've got your gift though, reaching for the plastic bag behind, she brought out two beautifully wrapped boxes and a card and gave them to him.

Gee! Thanks Lu, Can I open it now. He asked excited

Smiling at the boyish glee in his eyes, she shook her head.

Alright then, I can't wait to rip them open. Thank you so much. You're sure you don't want to come up?

If it's alright with you, I just want to go home and lie down.

You know you can do that here, but its okay I understand, about the talk we had, Lucy I'm sorry about my reactions, it's really okay with me, I'm so lucky to have a woman who cares about my spiritual state. Holding her cheek he said I love you so much Lu, please accept my apologies, hm! And thanks for the meal too, it was lovely. You're the best really!

Lucy felt unshed tears threatening to spill steeling herself; she told him she was glad he liked the meal fighting the need to change her mind. She tilted her head give him a light peck but he was minutes ahead of her, and tilted his head for a kiss making it last longer than she intended. Feeling truly at peace now and loved, she smiled as she played with his hair ruffling it, knowing only she could get away with the act.

Matt said goodbye and stepped out, watching her maneuver her car out, he felt a pang of regret realizing he was the reason she'd decided not to stay, and knowing Lucy once she up her mind about something she didn't like changing it and she could be so stubborn about it sometimes. May be it was for the best, after that kiss he definitely needed to cool off. He loved the fact that she never made him conscious of his aroused state; in fact she simply ignored it. Although she'd never told him anything he often wondered about her sexual history, shrugging if off he had Lucy that was all that mattered and in time all will be revealed. Waving to her he watched her drive off wishing she wasn't so stubborn.

Lucy shook her head, to keep herself from crying, she mentally kicked herself for being so hasty to suggest they spending the rest of the day apart. The fact that she had to tell a lie was even more annoying, knowing she'd consciously committed a sin and on a Sunday too! Whispering a few words she asked God for forgiveness, knowing that going back to her cold and lonely apartment was definitely a good penance.

To Be Continued.... Episode 4 comes up soon, Please Leave a Comment smiley

Source:
http://gospelbreed.com/2016/09/mercy-said-no-episode-3/

3 Likes

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Crowniey(f): 12:56pm On Oct 11, 2016
Dis is rili interesting. Love to read it to the end.

1 Like

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 5:51pm On Oct 11, 2016
Crowniey:
Dis is rili interesting. Love to read it to the end.

Am glad you find this worthwhile smiley
Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 5:54pm On Oct 11, 2016
Episode 4

Lucy! Matt called as he woke up from sleep. With a start he looked at the table clock next to his bedside drawer, and quickly jumped out of the bed. Lucy would have his hide if he missed the Monday evening service. The time was 5pm he'd been in and out of bed all day; enjoying the bliss of his sweet sleep. In fairness he did make an effort to do his daily devotional with God, even if it lasted 15 minutes, it was a start and he felt good, knowing he was on the right track. Rushing through his shower, he wished he'd turned on the heat to warm-up the flat, for it was almost freezing but bills eh! Thinking of the freezing night ahead, he decided to turn and leave it on till he got back from church.

Slipping into his clothes, he recalled he'd had a dream and tried to remember it but couldn't he said a quick prayer of help in his mind hoping this was a temporary setback for now, and he would remember eventually. Grabbing his bible and car keys, he stomped out of the flat, leaving a wake of untidiness behind him. He'd decided to drive to the church, for the freezing weather of his flat had left him in no prepared state for the one outside, easing his car out of his parking spot, he remembered his dream.

It was one of those dreams that had a movie quality about it, there he was in a beautiful country house with the white picket fence and all, the wind was blowing wildly and he was standing by the front door waving frantically to a woman who should be Lucy but was not Lucy, to come in. She was standing outside the fence with a look of indecision and hesitation on her face as if she wasn't sure she should come in or not which was weird for the house was supposed to be theirs although it didn't feel like they were married. Then out of nowhere a white car drove up speedily and stopped right beside her blaring its horn as a signal for her to hop in, he couldn't make out the image of the person inside but the window had a silhouette of a man. Lucy looked from the car to him and then back and forth again, then suddenly she smiled as if she'd made a satisfied decision, waved bye to him, and then hopped into the car and drove away, leaving him behind shouting her name Lucy! Then he heard a voice out of nowhere say to him, 'you are a dead man, .....' And that was when he woke up. He still couldn't remember the remaining part of the words. Now that he was wide awake he now understood better the feeling that had assailed him ever since he woke up, it was an uneasy feeling of impending doom, like he was about to do something wrong and it had to do with Lucy. Who was the other guy, and why did she go with him? What was going on? Maybe he should share his dream with Lucy, probably she would understand better. Matt was suddenly afraid, he couldn't lose Lucy, No he couldn't she was his and his alone.

It Continues Still...

Source:
http://gospelbreed.com/2016/09/mercy-said-no-episode-4/

2 Likes

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 5:56pm On Oct 11, 2016
Contd - Episode 4

He walked into the church, wondering what to make of his dream, was Lucy thinking of leaving him? He thought of yesterday and how things went, She was such a great spot about it all, remembering the gifts she'd given him, a digital camera and a Accurist stunning wristwatch, if this was a warning from God he didn't need to pray to see what He was saying to him, he would have to make sure from now on, he did nothing that would make her start thinking of pulling out of the upcoming nuptials. He remembered suddenly her expression when she had been talking to Logan yesterday, once again wondered what they must have been discussing for she didn't tell him.

Lucy was his, he wanted her in his life, and he couldn't afford not to have her by his side the rest of his life. She was his to make a wife, surely this was a match blessed in heaven, he argued within himself. Lucy must be sure of him as her husband or she wouldn't have agreed to his proposal, his dream was probably his subconscious acting out his fear of losing her, even the image of the woman wasn't Lucy's, so why bother himself, it wasn't even a prayer point as far as he was concerned. No way are you going to plant seeds of doubt in my mind devil no way! He made up his mind there and then to behave himself for he wouldn't want to do anything that would bring Lucy's wrathful expression upon him like it bore upon Logan. Lucy was a very determined and organized person amongst other qualities, she had made up her mind that she was in love with him and was going to marry him, he would make sure he did everything within his power to make her stick to her decision. So help him God. Stepping into the auditorium, he spotted Lucy and nodded to her she smiled and quickly patted the sit next to her signaling to him that she'd reserved him a seat. Making his way to her, he recognized some faces, nodding to them; he quietly slid next to her. Looking at her, he gave her his best amazing smile and whispered hi Lu.

Later that night, as Lucy washed up the dinner dishes at Matt's flat, her mind casted back to the brief sermon that was shared. For some strange reason, a part of it kept trickling back to her subconscious creating a jolt of fear through her. The scripture reading was taken from the book of Genesis 20 the pastor was preaching about the many blessings of Abraham, but somehow the third verse of the scripture never left her. ...behold thou are but a dead man, for the woman which thou has taken...' God had appeared to Abimelech telling him the woman he was with was someone else's wife, it was a very interesting story and also a lesson on how important God viewed marriage. Ibi had dwelt on the importance of singles being sure of whom they were sharing their vows with, lest they marry the wrong spouse. For some reason the sermon had left Lucy in a state of unrest in her spirit, she wondered why? For she was so sure about her relationship with Matt, whenever she prayed she felt God's peace... she may not have heard his voice like some claim but something in her knew she was on the right track and now her mind was made up, the wedding plans were set in motion, this was what she's always wanted more than anything, she couldn't be wrong, she had to be right, this was it. She was going to be Mrs Matthew Peters and bear lots of beautiful children and be a happy family.

Wiping her hands dry on the napkin, she shook off the burden on her mind and with a smile embraced her future once again, as she walked away from the kitchen.

It Continues....

Source:
Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 6:00pm On Oct 11, 2016
Contd - Episode 4

Logan drove down the busy city centre, he was glad winter was giving way to spring, the trees were coming to life gradually and he was excited knowing that this year was speedily making its way through and he loved that for him it meant he was really moving on with his life even though there was a part in him that rebelled against the irony of that thought every single day. Amy was a wonderful wife too bad she hadn't stuck around long enough to be a mother; he knew she would have been a great one. They'd married early he at the age of 20 she at 18, he had been brought up by very strong Christians, his mother was a black American with strong roots in the Christian faith dating back to her ancestors and his father a white American was also from a strong catholic faith.

Together they'd met and fallen in love back in the 60's had given birth to him and afterwards God had chosen not to bless them with another child however hard they'd tried. Growing up in Manhattan, he remembered the town of his youth and how he'd fallen in love with the changing seasons of the weather, but none of that had prepared him' for the beautiful scenery of Scotland when he came for an exchange programme in his second year at the university studying accounting and finance, not only did he need the exposure of being in a different country, but it had transpired that, back in the days of his father's youth, he'd fathered a child with a Scottish woman named Laura Smith when she also came visiting in the states on holiday and on a fateful night when their defenses were down, and all the wrong reasons seemed suddenly right they'd had sex.. The morning after they'd woken up to the regret and guilt of their actions and she eventually went back to Scotland even before her holiday was over, but unknown to the both of them she'd gotten pregnant, getting to Scotland and realizing this she decided to keep the baby and raise him alone for the fear of God was in her and now 19 years later his brother Liam had managed to find them, made contact, and he realizing that this was a double blessing flew down to see him, leaving his parents in shock over the news.

They'd met and hit it off straight away, swapping childhood stories has they met for lunch at university of Aberdeen for he also was studying estate management. He was so happy to have a brother that he decided to stay back after the exchange programme ended to complete his studies. Thereafter as the story goes, he met and fell in love with Amy who was also a year 2 accounting student and they realized how lucky they were to have found each other so early in life that they decided to take the marriage plunge rather than give in to the lustful pleasures of their desires and ruin the beauty of what they had. Their parents were concerned at first, his because it'd happened too fast, but hers came around first when they understood their line of reasoning, eventually his parents came around too and promised to fly down to Scotland for the wedding. The year after their graduation, on the summer morning of the 31st July 1993 they had a court wedding and a small reception at a nice restaurant afterwards. By then they'd both gotten full time jobs to begin their career path and looked forward to being happy the rest of their lives.

Those were happy times; he recalled has he pulled up his car into the registered park lane for the estate agency he worked in. Funny story about that, just before Amy got sick from cancer due to a tumor found in her brain, which the doctor said was inoperable for it had progressively made itself at home, he and Liam had decided to pull resources together and start off their own agency, he handling the finance side of things and Liam doing the leg work. This was in the first few months in the sixth year of their marriage he remembered the month precisely October, a month that was supposed to be the month of new beginnings, but turned out to be the opposite, on one side things were looking up for the business, they'd gotten the loan from the bank, found the office space, fixed it up to the minimal level they could afford, registered the company has LOJ estate agents, and recruited a part time receptionist to answer the phone and do some admin work.

It Continues....

Source:

1 Like

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 6:03pm On Oct 11, 2016
Contd...

On the other side he'd received the news that his life partner had just few weeks to live, life suddenly became a nightmare as their happily ever after dreams suddenly began crumbling like a pack of cards, he wished so many things at once, he wished they'd prayed and fasted enough all through the happy years, he wished he'd listened closely all those years she complained of headaches and migraines, instead of assuming it was a result of the busy career life she led as an accountant, they'd resorted to her taking over the counter drugs, and now it had come to this, all their years of faithfulness to God and to doing the right in His eyes had amounted to this!. Still they'd prayed and fasted and cried out to God but in the end Amy went to sleep after been administered an overdose of the pain killers she was on and never woke up, she died on the 31st of October. They'd been married for 5 years and 3 months. He buried her a week later in a beautiful private cemetery he knew she would have loved.

Stepping into the building, which was now a bigger space than what they'd started, and with two additional letting agents, Mandy and John, he waved to Jenny, their faithful receptionist who had started with them.

Hi Jenny he greeted

Hi Logan, how was your weekend?

Great! He replied

That sounds very surmise. Jenny asked surprised usually he would have offered some more interesting bits.

Believe me it is, that one word just about describes it. So how was your weekend?

Well I was free this Saturday but had to work all day on Sunday at my second job

Sounds tiring, Logan said

Yeah it was, if only I had a good full time job, I could devote my time to resting and maybe taking you up on that offer to come to your dancing church, she jokingly replied

Laughing he nodded thinking how nice it would be if they could offer her a full time position with more responsibilities, he resolved to discuss it with Liam, after all they were thinking of recruiting someone to help him with all the data entries he had to do.

Is Liam in? He asked

Not yet, He had to rush Susan to the hospital, said she was in labor, told me to tell you as soon as you came in.

Wow! That's great news I better hurry then and give him a call, see you later then Jenny.

Rushing to his office, which was behind a door, few yards away from the reception, he sat on his chair, saying a quick prayer for Susan, she and Liam had been married for two years now and this was their first child. God he prayed fervently please let the mother and the baby be safe in Jesus name. Amen

It Continues......

Source:

1 Like

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 6:06pm On Oct 11, 2016
Contd - Episode 4

It's so funny, in a world where technology answers to everything, people tend to take for granted the fact that even in an environment like a hospital where everything was supposedly safe, what with having the best skilled doctors around and all the best facilities money could buy, something could still go horribly wrong. One mistake and it could mean a life, thinking of Amy dying from an overdose of her pain reliever. He hurriedly picked up his mobile and dialed Liam's number, who answered on the first ring

It's about time you called mate Liam said into the phone his strong Aberdonian accent ever resounding as he spoke Logan marveled at how he still struggled to understand his words sometimes after knowing him for almost 10 years now.

How's she doing? He asked

She's alrite, they think it's a false alarm and are going to kip her for a few hours before they allow me take her uver to the huse.

Oh! I thought you would be a father by now Jenny said she was in labor

Yeah! That's what I thought too but they explained that sometimes it happens this way, something about the baby getting too excited or so

Laughing he asked are you sure that's what they said, or that's what you interpreted.

Doesn't matter mate, we save our strength for another day. So what's your take with the plans for expansion? How soon do you reckon we could execute?

Switching to business, they talked for a while about the plans and concluded that things were really moving well and ahead. Logan had an appointment with their banker to secure the finance side of things, and with that conclusion they hung up.

Feeling a strong desire to visit Amy's graveside he decided to take an early lunch even though it was just 11am in the morning, saying a quick few words to Jenny, he stepped out into the beautiful yet cloudy morning, suddenly he remembered he forgot his favorite CD and quickly dashed back into the office, retrieved it, and hurried back to his car. Slotting the CD into the drive he relaxed as his favorite track began to play, 'I have loved you with an everlasting love, I have drawn you with my loving kindness...' he couldn't explain it but there was something about this song that struck him deep in his heart, may be the fact that he'd had life so easy during his early years up until when Amy died, or the grace of God he'd experienced in everyday of his life after Amy died, he felt really special and loved by God for He had truly loved and drawn him into His bosom with His great loving kindness and the truth was he knew he didn't deserve it, at least that was how he felt, there were so many people out there in need of God's help, with greater problems than his, but God chose to find him worthy and upheld him by his right hand of righteousness.

undefined

Pulling into the gates of the private cemetery in the outskirts of Aberdeen shire, he grabbed the flowers he'd bought at the flower shop on his way, and with the sober attitude that he usually felt whenever he visited this environment, he walked in the direction of Amy's grave. Laying the flowers down, he brushed his hands over the green grass that had budded out of the top soil covering the grave, pulling out the weeds growing alongside; he remembered the scripture in the New Testament that talked about the enemy coming to sow tares in the night. Shaking his head at how unexpectedly revelations could come, he slowly relaxed and laid down to talk to Amy, knowing that somehow he always felt better and more enlightened after he unburdened his heart, he liked to think she was up there among the angels interceding for him before the most high.

Knowing he could not ignore what he was feeling any longer, he opened his heart and poured out everything that was going on with Lucy. He knew he loved her, and he knew deep down she felt the same but was in a difficult spot, engaged to be married to Matt, but still what made her so sure? He asked aloud, he felt her pain and knew her confusion, but he could not understand her conviction, still she'd made it clear what she wanted from him and he knew had to respect her wishes. What could he do? The woman he loved was going to be married to someone else and there was nothing he could do about it. He'd thought there would be no other woman for him, after he lost his first love but now here he was feeling the agony of love unreturned and he had no idea how he got there. Oh! Why did life have to be so complicated? I didn't ask for this emotions Lord, if my wife was still alive I wouldn't be in this shoes Lord why! He spoke aloud in agony. It'd been a while since he ever approached another woman other than Amy, and the truth was he wasn't sure he knew how to any longer. Maybe if he just walked away everything would be alright, he'd known the love of a woman once in his life and that was okay with him, he wasn't going to get greedy and ask for more. Lucy and Matt deserved to be married to each other and in time he hoped whatever feelings he felt would disappear and things would be alright again.

An idea suddenly occurred to him, but the instant it sprang to his mind, the pros and cons followed suit. What if he decided to moved back to the states, to start a branch of their estate agency there, or better still merge with a smaller one combining resources with them, and carving out a bigger niche in the industry for them. But Liam needed all the help he could get what with the baby coming, he might have to cut down his hours, so he could help Susan when the baby came home which was any time soon. But again Mandy and John could also do a better job, Jenny could take on the role of a full time administrative finance assistant, and with the right training could be taught to manage the books, after all she just finished studying accounting at the university and was busy scouting for jobs which shouldn't have been a problem except she didn't have the right experience that employers needed, and she was pretty rigid about staying in Aberdeen, well with the expansion coming up may be she could be persuaded to in begin her career with them, and of course there was the possibility of moving up the job ladder if she paid close attention to her training and was hardworking. They would have to employ someone else to do the job of the receptionist although but that was okay. He would try to pitch this idea to Liam after he'd done a proper job of researching into the financial benefits and risks that it would involve. Happy that he had a plan, and remembering that he still had that appointment with his banker he jumped up blew Amy an imaginary kiss, knowing he might not be visiting her for a very long time, but it didn't matter, Christians believe, that when a person dies the soul departs living the body behind, so technically this was just a tradition that benefited the living and not the dead.

Few weeks later, Logan paid a visit to Susan after the delivery of the baby. As they spoke she expressed her opinion about the sudden expansion.

Are you sure about this Logan? Susan asked while she nursed her new born son.

This is rather a big step don't you think? I know you and Liam think it's a good idea, but I know you better than you think, so tell me the real truth. Susan demanded

Logan smiled defiantly, his confidence slipping as Susan drew a loop hole in his carefully laid plans.

Susan really it's time for me to move back to the States, I want to move on Amy would want this; this town brings memories that I really need to get away from. He told her

Susan soothed, I know, Logan I know, it's just that a part of me just feels there's more to what you are saying, you're not just my brother-in-law, you are also my friend and Lucy's friend.

At the mention of Lucy's name, Logan stiffened a bit

See right there, Susan pointed at him, is what I'm talking about, there's some unfinished business with you and Lucy that I don't know about and I think that's the main reason you're leaving Logan. No matter what you say that's what I think. She shrugged.

Logan flexed his knuckles, snapping them up as he contemplated how much Susan knew about him and Lucy. She was one of his best friends after Lucy, but this was something he needed to deal with on his own, and the fewer interventions and unsolicited advises the better. Speaking up he told Susan, I need you to understand and accept my reasons for now, I assure you sometime later we will talk it in more details. But please leave it alone, please.

Susan felt frustrated within her, and even the baby felt it and started to cry, she then soothed him till he fell asleep in her arms. It wasn't that she didn't respect Logan's feelings, but her nature was to help people and she couldn't help but feel helpless in the face of the new development between him and Lucy. To the untrained eye it wasn't that obvious, but to her it was obvious that there were lots of undercurrents between them, how much? She didn't know, Lucy was too busy with Matt to bother and Logan was not budging so she knew the sensible thing to do would be to respect their feelings and back out, but it felt so frustrating watching her two friends behave this way.

Alright Logan, I respect your feelings and I accept your explanations for now but I won't allow this issue to get buried this way, I pray we discuss again later.

Logan nodded, grateful to be let off the hook.

The baby stirred again and this time he offered to help.

To Be Continued tomorrow....Please leave a comment smiley

Lalasticlala come here oh

Source::

2 Likes

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by stainless239(f): 7:33pm On Oct 11, 2016
more!!!
Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 11:11am On Oct 12, 2016
stainless239:
more!!!

Updates comes up soon smiley
Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 12:42pm On Oct 12, 2016
Episode 5

Lucy glanced at her reflection in the mirror, almost tempted to jump up and scream halleluiah! It was tough but she had stuck to her wedding diet and exercise regime and it had paid off, she had truly fitted into this beautiful wedding gown, wow! She said again, she would have to flesh out afterwards for she was actually a comfortable size ten but when she saw this gown she knew she wanted it just the way it was, no alterations, and no fittings.

So she had to put herself on a diet, exercising morning and night, Matt had been there with her holding her hands through it all, encouraging her to give in to her cravings, constantly complaining at why she felt the need to fit into a gown she was just going to wear for a day! If he hadn't looked so flabbergasted when he said it, she wouldn't have found it so funny, even thinking of it now she sometimes marveled at how men were clueless about the inner workings of a woman's mind.

Wear for a day! He had no idea that that one day was the reason why women did all they could to look good, because the benefits lasted forever in the wedding pictures so it was important she looked so fit, so her children could look at her unbelieving when they compared her then image to what they saw in the pictures. She smiled almost tempted to laugh but for fear of making the make-up artist upset, at the memory of doing the same thing to her mother few years back. Ah well! Better get back to the present.

Just give my lips a little gloss, Matt doesn't like too much lipstick and we don't want to scare him away now when he's asked to kiss the bride do we? Everyone laughed knowing she was just trying to relieve the wedding jitters that was common to all brides to be'.

A few more touches and she was ready and just then her mother Alice Edwards walked in to the room all dressed and ready to be made up as well. Took one look at her daughter and felt the tears threatening to spill. Like some pre-wedding talks, she knew it wasn't out of place when she said 'I wish your father were here to see this day, to see how grown you've become, to see how you've become a beautiful, strong and determined woman who knows what she wants in life and set out to have it'. There there, patting her back, don't go ruining your make-up, she soothed trying to keep Lucy from crying. God has truly being faithful and I am so proud of you. I know we talked last night extensively, but I need to ask this question again.

TO BE CONTINUED
Source: http://gospelbreed.com/2016/09/mercy-said-no-episode-5/

1 Like

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 12:45pm On Oct 12, 2016
CONTD...

Ask anyway mum Lucy replied anxiously

Smiling Alice looked into her daughter's anxious eyes and asked, are you sure you want to be married to matt?

Taking her mother's hands, Lucy looked sincerely into her mother's eyes and spoke, mum I am very sure this is what I want, I've prayed and prayed and I know God is with me on this.

Alice nodded her head relieved, That's what I needed to hear, Matt is a great guy, and so are you, Lucy you need to go into this marriage holding nothing back, you need to be completely sure, because it's forever, sweetheart, I don't want to scare you but it's till death.

Looking serious now, Lucy nodded her head, allowing the full impact of her mother's words to sink in. She searched herself to be completely sure, although she knew she was

Without warning Logan came into her mind, she slowly dropped her mother's hands and walked towards the window, trying to re-assert her earlier confidence. She hadn't seen him for a while ever since she'd told him to stay away from her, which he did, somehow she felt a bit disappointed about that. No! Lucy we can't have this, just carefully tuck him back into that safe place in your heart where Matt wouldn't know and you wouldn't go to. She suddenly found herself arguing within her. Wouldn't go to where? She argued with herself, there's no hidden place in me she countered, give it a rest Lucy you know you like him a lot, No! I don't I just felt simply.... alright I do like him she eventually agreed, but not that much anyways, so it's not worth me throwing away what I have with Matt, so just go back to where you came from.

Surely there were some married women who felt feelings for other men than their husbands, but that didn't mean they didn't love them or they should throw away their lives and future. Yes! This was what married life was all about, and she was ready for it agreeing with her counsel, taking a deep breath, she turned around, smiled shakily and spoke to her mother. I'm ready mum, let's do this.

It continues still...

1 Like

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 12:51pm On Oct 12, 2016
CONTD......

Few hours later....

Ladies and Gentlemen shall we all rise up as we welcome the newly wedded couple, 'Matt and Lucy Peters'. Amidst cheers and a standing ovation, the new couple was ushered into the reception. Lucy was the happiest woman alive; her face was evident with the glow of a woman enjoying the moment. Matt was beside himself with Joy, he was finally married to Lucy, through the mountain of doubts and questions of the past months he had emerged victorious, Lucy was finally his now and forever. Looking at her, anew he was filled so much pride, and the knowledge that he was the envy of most of the men here today made him happier, he was scared his heart would burst with emotion.

The reception began and they both glided through it all too excited to take it all in, Lucy kept smiling and smiling, she was so happy, happy that she had made up her mind and she'd stuck to it no matter what. Feeling this bubble of joy was clearly a sign from God that she had done the right thing.

Just then, someone tapped her, it was Susan her maid of honor, asking her if she needed her help with anything, she told her what she needed and without thinking she spoke those words she'd been subconsciously thinking,

How's Logan, is he here?

I haven't really had time to see him what with all the planning and all, she carefully backtracked.

IT CONTINUES STILL.....

1 Like

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 12:53pm On Oct 12, 2016

CONTD....

Oh dear! Susan exclaimed, you didn't know, Logan has travelled back to the USA, he actually travelled last week, they are planning on going international with the estate agency so he's gone to start it up.

That's great news! Lucy said with an excitement she didn't feel

Just then the couple were invited to have their first dance, and she was swept away into the arms of her husband, who held her too close for comfort but hey she was his wife now, who was she too complain.

Logan is gone, she kept thinking over and over, feeling sad and bereft and not sure why, she wanted to run and evaluate her feelings, she wanted to put a freeze on the day's events and just think about what she was feeling, but she couldn't she was married now, her husband needed her complete and undivided attention from now on. She mentally tucked herself back and took control of her emotions once again.

Later that night, after they'd consummated their marriage. Lucy woke up and found herself confused and angry at the turn of events of her wedding night and the tumult of emotions within her, she rolled away to her side of the bed, careful not to wake Matt up, she cried silently not completely sure why.

It Continues Still...

[b]Source: [/b]http://gospelbreed.com/2016/09/mercy-said-no-episode-5/
Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 12:15pm On Oct 14, 2016
Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 1:16pm On Oct 14, 2016
Episode 6

Lucy stepped in the house and felt instantly bereft knowing it was her alone tonight. Matt had gone offshore again and this time for an extended period. Although she knew he was doing his best to provide for the family and for the baby on the way, she couldn't help but feel deserted at times, especially now that she was pregnant. The weeks rolled into months and she found herself these moments alone, with no one around to enjoy the best times with her.

Matt seemed to be having a bad aversion to the whole pregnancy period, she knew it was unplanned, she'd taken every precaution but somehow God had decided to bless them early in their marriage life, she'd been overjoyed at the news but Matt behaved the opposite way when they found out she was pregnant. Apparently he had some issues with making love to his wife while a baby was in the middle, their doctor had counseled on how to make the most of the period sexually, but to no avail. Matt was pretty adamant and seriously bothered about having sex with her.

At first she found it quite amusing and touching coming from a man like him so manly and in control, but gradually it started to become an impendent to their sex life, eventually they'd agreed much to the consternation of Lucy and for the peace of mind of Matt to wait till after the baby was born. Lucy wasn't that crazy about sex she was a woman, and women had high tendencies to be celibate for a longer period than men, and that was her concern.

It continues...

Source: http://gospelbreed.com/2016/09/mercy-said-no-episode-6/

Lalasticlala come here please embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 1:23pm On Oct 14, 2016
CONTD....

Matt was too much of a man to wait that long, but interestingly he didn't seemed to mind. After a while his frustrations began to bring out a side to him she never liked even while they courted. He became irritated for no reason, got angry at her or even at fellow motorists on the road! Spoke sharply to everyone around him, and just behaved different from the Matt she married.

The irony of it all was she was the pregnant one, the one allowed to act out and blame it on the hormones, but now the both of them at home were like a hungry lion and lioness, she doing her best to keep her cool and Matt lashing out whenever he felt like it. So when he got the chance to go off shore, they were both happy and relieved to see him go.

Now here she was all alone and not really happy about it. Wiping her brows she tried to sit down, she'd gone for her daily walk and felt too tired to get up to cook. It was a good thing her mum was coming over for the night, at least that would give her a chance to enjoy the privilege of someone cooking for her. Her mobile rang it was Matt calling her

Hi Matt she answered

Hi Lu. Matt replied. How was your day?

She told him, summarizing every detail, aware of the high tariff for the call.

IT CONTINUES...

1 Like

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 1:28pm On Oct 14, 2016
CONTD....

They chatted for a few minutes relaxed with each other, Lucy told him about the baby's day, his late night play time, excited kicking etc while he listened attentively probably wishing he could experience it. Then he told her he had some news, she urged him to share it, and he dropped the bombshell.

Lu, I'm going to be staying longer than was planned. He told her

Lucy fell quiet processing his words. Feeling defensive Matt prattled on

My boss offered the opportunity to me and I took it as a chance to prove myself, Lucy please try to be understanding.

Eventually she spoke up; Matt it's fine really I just wondered how you would cope, spiritually and all. She said

Don't worry I will be fine, I've learnt a lot from you remember Matt replied reassuringly happy that she was on board.

Lucy smiled at that, then the buzzer rang, she kept Matt on a hold and went to get the door. It was her Mum Alice.

Matt spoke with her for a few minutes and then ended the call. This had been their routine now, it was the only thing they'd kept constant from their courtship days, she just hoped that they were able to keep it up, because she really needed her husband now more than ever.

Lucy moaned through her quick breaths as Alice encouraged her again

Come on Lucy be strong for mummy Please. Alice said wiping her daughter's brow as she went through another contraction.

IT CONTINUES.....

1 Like

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 1:31pm On Oct 14, 2016
CONTD....

Oh my God! Lucy gasped as it finally ended, leaving her panting like a dog. Where was Matt? She wondered

Mum, please give him another ring again, will you? Please. She begged Alice

They'd been trying Matt's mobile for a while now and he wasn't picking up. The last thing she needed was to be worried about him now; he had gone off shore again the moment he arrived, and now here she was in labor and he wasn't by her side to hold her hand, still she tried to understand, however difficult it was.

Alice reassured her, don't worry dear I will try again, just relax and focus on the baby, here's the bible you asked for.

They were by now at the hospital, the doctor came in to check on her, while Alice made the call, examined her and quickly signaled to the nurses to prep her for surgery, she wasn't dilated properly yet.

No! I'm not having a C. Section, just wait a while please Lucy begged

The doctor shook his head, gave her a stern lecture on the stages of labor and how the baby could be in distress and then left hurriedly.

Lucy half listened, remembering the last words her mother said to her, 'Focus on the baby' she closed her eyes and began to pray remembering the scripture about the Hebrew women, she held on to it and earnestly committed the labor into God's hands, by a stroke of fate she'd been unable to get an epidural bearing the pain without a succor, surely God would have mercy on her and reward her with a natural birth, which was her heart desire she prayed, immediately she started to feel peace overwhelm her, and then a sudden urge to push. She quickly beckoned for Alice who was just leaving another voicemail on Matt's Mobile.

Alice took a look at her, shouted Halleluiah! Just as the doctor came in behind her, with the nurses ready to prep her and wheel her into the operating room. Seeing the sudden change in dilation, shocked and quickly recovering he began to encourage Lucy to push. Few minutes later a baby came forth crying the whole place down, Lucy joyfully held him in her hands and then suddenly she felt another urge to push. Alarmed everyone paused for a brief second, Alice recovering first instantly took her son from her and handed him to a nurse, held Lucy's hand as she pushed again, behold another baby came forth, eyes closed and quiet.

IT CONTINUES STILL.....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Blind Love / Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) / Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 299
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.