Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,645 members, 7,801,875 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:12 AM

Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story (47202 Views)

You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio / Showers Of Mercy - True Life Story / Where Is The Guy I Married?....... A Short Christian Romance Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 3:30pm On Oct 24, 2016
queenitee:
Why are you doing this to me nah?
Update please

Eww! Ayam so sorry please embarassed
Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by queenitee(f): 3:31pm On Oct 24, 2016
Olajhidey22:

Eww! Ayam so sorry plese embarassed
If you want me to forgive you,update ni oo ;Doo cheesy

1 Like

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 3:31pm On Oct 24, 2016
CONTD...

Logan took one look at Lucy and knew she'd been crying. He'd seen her drive off while he tried to call a cab, and suddenly he had an idea, called Liam and begged him to give him her home address, and here he was not really sure what he wanted but at least he was glad he came.

Lucy recovered from her shock. Wondering how this day was ever going to end. She invited him in. Closing the door, she walked him to the lounge, where she'd earlier been. He sat on the sofa, and she went and stood by the wall opposite him determined to keep a distance between them. Once again the silence ensued and they both stared at each other. Eventually Logan blurted out.

Lucy I'm going to be very honest and blunt with you because there's no other way to say this.

Remembering the last time they'd spoken like this, she nodding telling him she understood completely.

I'm in love with you Lucy, I've been in love with you, for as long as I can remember, I realize now that I will always love you Lucy. That's why I'm leaving; the kids are just a ruse. Naomi was concerned about the kids and I offered for us to leave early. Pausing he tried to stand up but thought better of it, 'Lucy I never thought I would fall in love again after I lost Amy, but I did, and I stupidly and foolishly let you slip out of my hands. I should have stood my ground and made you see reasons why we were meant to be, you had every right to be scared, you were just being you'.

'I've thought about that scripture in the Bible that said flee from all appearances of evil, we Christians paraphrase the evil as sin.

Lucy, six years ago when we fell in love, it wasn't sin. But now standing here right now with you thinking and saying these words it feels like sin, there you are standing away keeping your distance from me, making it feel all the more wrong when it should have been right. Struggling to speak, as the tears welled up in his eyes, I wish I never left Lucy, I wish I fought for us Lucy, I wish I never listened to you. I wasn't a distraction Lucy, no! Matt was and I should never have gone away and left you with no choice. If I had stayed back and made my intentions known to you and you'd still insisted on making Matt your choice I would have moved on with a bit of closure. Lucy do you have any idea how it feels to know every single day you wake up the woman you love is someone else's wife? You try to fall in love with other women but they always come second best. Do you Lucy?

Oh! Logan she made to walk up to him, but he stopped her this time, it wasn't necessary.

Lucy gasped, tears streamed down all over her face, the impact of Logan's words setting in 'Logan I'm sorry, I'm really sorry. I'm really sorry'. She held her face in her hands wiping away the tears furiously. Logan made to move towards her, but she stopped him too. Don't come close, you're right we need this distance, just stay where you are.

She continued I thought... What I'm trying to say is, she continued now more composed 'I'm a very organized person, I compartmentalize things in my head, and when I believe in something I see it to the end. I know this doesn't justify my actions but I want you to know that I tried not to fall in love with you, I tried not to love you Logan I really tried', now the tears were coming again, 'oh! God this hurts so much', she said wiping them away again.

'What I'm trying to say is because I love being in control, you made me feel out of control, when I'm around you I feel out of sorts, and I thought that was a bad thing, that love shouldn't do that to you. I should have known that when it comes to choosing the man of my dreams, it had to be a complete opposite of what or who I would expect. I should have known, it was right there in my face, I shouldn't have married matt at all, it was you all along'.

I know this doesn't count for much but I'm so sorry Logan, I know now that we would have been very happy together. But at least even if we missed being life companions we would still make heaven right! She consoled jokingly

Laughing Logan stood up laughing; glad they'd finally being truthful to each other. It was now time to go. There was nothing left to do. This was it for them. He paused and stared at her, and this time around they moved together, meeting each other half way, then they held each other. It felt so right, but they knew that once they crossed the line it would start to feel wrong. Even though they both wanted badly to share a kiss, it was important for them to keep this moment pure, especially for Lucy, Logan thought if and when she decided to eventually tell Matt everything.

They started into each other's eyes, declaring their love for one another without words. Lucy realised she was still crying silently, Logan used his thumb to wipe away the tears whispering to her it was going to be okay. Wishing he could bring her more comfort.

I love you he whispered.

I love you too she replied wishing she could turn back the hands of time.

The both of them started following the same thought flow, that if committing an act in your heart was the same as doing it then in this case they were already guilty so why waste the moment. But as they started to move to kiss, the door knob turned and the door opened and Matt came in.

IT CONTINUES...

1 Like

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 3:36pm On Oct 24, 2016
CONTD......

They'd already pulled apart by then, both fighting for composure.

Hi Matt, you're home early. She asked

Yeah! Am I interrupting anything, he asked looking at her and then at Logan closely taking the in the scene. Hoping he was right

Logan greeted him, picking a cue from Lucy, wondering how he must have sounded, but it was the best he could do under the circumstances.

Lucy continued, 'Logan came by to my work to see me Matt, he and Naomi are leaving tonight' at that Matt's ears perked up

Really! Why I thought you were around for another week? He asked feeling despondent, his plan was falling apart.

Yeah! But Naomi is worried about the boys so we've decided to leave tonight. Logan replied.

Lucy continued filling the need to explain herself, we had lunch earlier, I came home later on, and Logan stopped by to see me so we could properly catch up. And now he's leaving. She concluded moving quickly towards the door; less Matt decided to ask further questions

Matt wondered about Lucy's story what sort of catching up? well he was going to find out soon enough. Saying his goodbyes to Logan he ran upstairs turning around briefly in time to catch Lucy and Logan breath a sign of relief as they shut the door behind them.

As he changed Matt went through his plans for tonight in his head, it was now or never. With Logan leaving, his plan of catching them cheating was blown to pieces, so he had to make use of what he had for now and what he brought home with him, picking his phone he called Beth to tell her his plans. Tonight was confessions night.

Waiting for the cab to come, Lucy and Logan held hands and stared into the night, deep in their own thoughts. Lucy's thoughts went back to the house, she thought about her future life with Matt and her heart sank. She focused her thoughts back on the kids and felt instantly better, as long as she had them she could deal with anything.

Logan suddenly had a thought and he pulled her hand to get her attention.

Baby does Matt treat you right? He asked

Lucy smiled at his new pet name for her and his concern, she wanted to pour out her heart to him but she knew it wouldn't be fair to send him off worrying about her. Looking up at him through the tears that instantly filled her eyes again, she smiled at him and said Yes! He does Logan, he has to I'm the mother of his kids.

Logan looked down at her closely and knew something wasn't right, turning to her he asked, Lucy is everything okay between you and Matt? Does he treat you right, tell me please?

Lucy nodded her head at him, trying to convince him that he had it wrong. Logan we are fine, the kids are fine, it's just I wish we had a chance that's all, maybe things would have been be a bit different with us.

What do you mean things would have been different, what things Lucy? He asked softly

Realizing her mistake, Lucy tried to backtrack. Logan I love you and that's all that matters please. Please let it go. She begged.

Logan knew she was right, what he didn't know wouldn't kill him, but still if that husband of hers was disrespecting her, somebody needed to set him straight for good, he closed his eyes and tried to fight off all the crazy images that were suddenly running through his mind. He tried to imagine what things Lucy could probably be going through with Matt then a thought occurred to him and he looked at Lucy and asked

Is he unfaithful to you?

Shocked at his perception Lucy stepped back, her face registering shock at Logan's truthful question telling Logan all he needed to know.

Oh God! Oh God Lucy I'm so sorry. Logan gasped as he sensed the truth from her reaction.

Standing there she realized there were no words left to say anymore. Nothing mattered anymore; this was the story of her life.

Taking Logan's hand she held it up to her lips and kissed it. I'm going to be fine Logan; you need to believe that, because in spite of this I'm not walking in Matt's shoes. Do you catch my drift?

Nodding he answered her question; she was telling him they had to end it here because she couldn't afford to be unfaithful too.

Who is she Lucy, someone you know, someone at church, a friend? Logan demanded tersely

I don't know Logan and I don't want to know, now let it go please. She pleaded

Baby you don't deserve this, that husband of yours has no idea what he's got. He signed I'm so sorry about all this, he said bringing her close to his chest wishing he could turn back the hands of time.

Lucy felt truly loved and safe for the first time in her whole entire life, she wished this moment wouldn't end as she savored every minute of it, refusing to care about the neighbors or even the possibility of Matt looking through the windows. Just then Logan's phone started to ring, even as a cab pulled by their side. Checking the caller ID showed the cab company which told him it was time to go.

Inwardly he prayed to God to take care of her for him, he prayed the following years would be good to her, and that someday when enough time had elapsed they would meet again as friends. He thought about telling her the truth about his 'marriage' but decided not to, it was better this way. Holding her one last time, he kissed her forehead, tore himself from her and slid into the cab, refusing to look back even though he knew Lucy was still standing there.

Lucy stood there long after the cab had left, knowing she would never be the same again. She prayed that God would keep him for her; she prayed that she never saw him again, for she couldn't bear knowing that she would never be that woman standing next to him. She tried to stop the tears as she felt her whole being crumbling under the pain she felt, she felt as though her life was been turned upside down, then she realized that six years ago she'd turned her life upside down and today God was turning her life the right side up. Little did she know how true those words were and that this was just the beginning.

IT CONTINUES STILL...

SOURCE:
http://gospelbreed.com/2016/09/mercy-said-no-episode-12/

Apologies to everyone for the suspense still grin grin grin
Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 3:42pm On Oct 24, 2016
Episode 13

Going back inside, she bravely prepared herself for what lay ahead. Opening the door, she stepped into the lounge, and just then Matt looked up as if startled. He was holding what looked like a mini tape recorder as he removed his ear phones from his ears while holding a winne the pooh bear she'd never seen before. Unable to register the relevance, she took a deep breath and spoke up

Matt we have to talk?

Matt looked up, a smirk developing on his face, and pretended not to hear her.

I said we have to talk? She said again more firmly

Yes! We do Lu we most definitely do, but you don't have to say anything I already know the truth. He replied

What truth? She asked her heart in her mouth

The truth about you and Logan He replied holding up the tape recorder and the bear.

Lucy's face went white with fear, as the impact of those words registered fully. 'Matt it's not what you think' she began

Grinning widely, he shouted at her 'what do you mean it's not what I think'? It's not so difficult to understand that you've been in love with him all these years we've been married, pinning for his touch and God knows what.

No! That's not true, she spoke softly I f you listened to that tape, you would know that.

It doesn't matter Lucy, don't you see, you've never completely been faithful in this marriage from the start, I know I've not been a good husband to you and all, but all that pales in comparism to this. I feel betrayed.

Outraged Lucy raised her voice back at him, 'how dare you Matthew Peters accuse me of being unfaithful', a sob escaped from her, 'no matter how this looks I have done nothing wrong '.

Nothing wrong! You are supposed to be my wife, mine alone! I married you Lucy, you belong to me in every way.

And I am yours matt I am. Remember you came to me, you wanted me, you pursued me persistently and in the end you married me, now you have me, you won!. I'm still yours for better or worse. She challenged.

Matt went quite as she said this, slowly as if in a trance he sat down on the sofa.

IT CONTINUES STILL... wink

SOURCE: http://gospelbreed.com/2016/09/mercy-said-no-episode-13/

1 Like

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 3:44pm On Oct 24, 2016
queenitee:

If you want me to forgive you,update ni oo ;Doo cheesy

I've started updating now oh, and you have ran away embarassed
Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 3:54pm On Oct 24, 2016
CONTD....

Thinking that she was finally getting through to him, she spoke again 'I love you matt' she said softly and this time she knew she was telling the half truth, but she continued determined to fight for this, 'please let's make this work'.

Matt was still quiet as he stared through her, thinking that he was still listening she rushed to his side kneeling down before him she took a deep breath again and spoke 'Matt I forgive you'.

He blinked and looked at her startled whatever for?

Bracing herself she replied I know about your affair?

It was Matt's turn to be shocked, his face turned white, as he looked at her intently, what do you mean? He asked bluffing

She stood up and walked away from him, wondering how this day was ever going to end if ever, turning around she spoke, come off it Matt 'we've not had sex in years, you had to be getting it somewhere else. She said this looking him in the eye daring him to deny it. Getting no response from him she continued 'one call was all it took for you to stop us from making love the other night, one call! Matt d**n it! It had to be a woman, so don't sit there, she said getting angrier now, don't sit there and play the betrayed one,

don't you dare play on my intelligence'.

Matt kept thinking to himself she knows. She knew. She'd known all the while and kept quiet. His early bravado suddenly evaded him, he felt naked and ashamed scrambling for words to say.

Eventually he looked up 'Lucy I feel really stupid right now, I'm sorry for every pain I've ever cause you in this marriage, I don't to think there is anything you can say to me that can make me feel any less than I feel right now.

As I sat down few minutes ago, the truth just dawned on me after all this time, Lucy, I think I was more in love with the idea of you, back then you were this amazing woman that fitted into my idea of a wife, I had to have you so badly that I didn't see what I should have seen. I was so sure of my charms that it never occurred to me, you could actually want someone else. I felt I had your attention and that nobody else could compete with me I never even saw Logan as a threat.

I know you didn't, she conceded but how's that relevant now?

Don't you see Lu, we should never have gotten married. I had a dream before we got married; I think now that God was trying to tell me something. But instead I manipulated you and I'm so sorry, it's all my fault. He said a catch in his throat.

What are you talking about? She asked confused

I had a dream Lucy, remember that Sunday my birthday when I came back, and we had that fight. he asked

She nodded her head, remembering that day like it was yesterday, for it was the day she'd shunned Logan.

The next day, I had a dream about us, I think God was trying to tell me something and I chose to interpret it differently.

What dream, you never said anything to me about a dream? She demanded apprehensively.

Then he told her everything. Later on they were both quiet for a few seconds, then matt spoke up 'I thought it meant you were having doubts about us and needed assurances and more convincing, so I focused all my energy on showing you how much I was the man for you'.

Lucy nodded unconvincingly but remembered how much he'd changed after that Sunday she had found herself feeling like she'd truly gotten to him, only for them to get married and he'd changed again.

I didn't know about Logan, and how you felt; now the dream makes sense, because you left with him leaving me crying for you. If I had known about Logan, I wouldn't have come on so strongly, I would have given you the space to think. I knew how determined you could be when your mind was made up and I used it to my advantage. He finished.

IT CONTINUES STILL....
Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by youssylee: 3:59pm On Oct 24, 2016
Olajhidey22:

Thats the beauty of my blog stories.... You crave for more

Well you could check here to read through, am done with the story on my blog >>>http://gospelbreed.com/2016/09/mercy-said-no-episode-12/

Thanks smiley
got it...,thanks

1 Like

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 4:25pm On Oct 24, 2016
CONTD...

Lucy smiled through the fear she felt inside, trying not to feel the regret she found herself feeling. Matt it doesn't matter any longer, we are married now and we have the kids to think, we can start afresh. After all my parents...

Your parents were aware of what they were getting into and it worked for them, but we are just realizing now six years in, that the fabric and foundation that this marriage was built upon was a lie.

That is not true she said outraged, 'the only liar here is you, the only guilty one here is you'.

Matt knew the time had finally come for the long awaited questions he knew were about to be thrown at him.

How long has it been going on? She asked suddenly needing answers

Matt sighed scared of Lucy's reaction.

How long matt? She demanded again her voice rising

Matt looked up pleadingly and replied about five and a half years.

Lucy felt like she'd just been slapped. If I heard you correctly matt, what you're saying is you started this affair before our first year anniversary.

He nodded dreading the next question

When exactly? She asked

When I went off shore?

Stunned as she gave in to the tears that were building up again, 'when I was pregnant and you decided it was too weird for you to have sex with me. You mean you went out and slept with... what's her name and who the is she? She shouted

Her name is Beth as in Elizabeth

She nodding for him to finish, feeling her brain tingle with a slight curiosity

Morgan. Elizabeth Morgan he finished.

Lucy's eyes widened in recognition, I know that name, I know that face, she declared looking at matt's sheepish expression, I know that woman, remembering how her ears were constantly filled with too much information about the sex with 'the boyfriend'. So matt was the boyfriend and she the obnoxious wife, I know that home wrecker. Suddenly she lunged at matt at the sofa, her hands doing as much damage as she could to any where she touched, she was so angry, she found herself hitting him at first and then hitting nothing, for matt was holding her two hands, waiting for her to calm down.

Looking into his eyes, she asked him why?

I'm sorry he said feeling really bad

You never gave me a chance matt, we never had a chance from the beginning. It's not fair matt, I don't deserve this from you. She started to cry again, feeling so angry at him for being stronger than her. She wanted to hit him over and over again, instead she decided he wasn't worth it and tried to stand up, and then something weird happened. As she stretched her left leg out to rise up since she had been sitting on matt with her knees, it got tangled on the sofa and as she struggled for balance, matt sat forward to hold her still. And they both found themselves in a close and suggestive intimate position, feeling repulsed Lucy instantly pushed him away, startling matt whose grip on her suddenly loosened. Lucy found herself falling backwards, screaming she held out her hand to matt, who grabbed but it was too late. They both fell to the ground, lucy flat on her back and matt right on top.

And then everything went still. This time Lucy decided to keep still, wishing the ground would open up, now she felt really humiliated. Matt lay on top of his wife, feeling himself suddenly aroused, the whole scuffle had gotten him excited and he refused to be embarrassed. Lucy once again found herself repulsed at the intimate position she and matt were in. Few weeks ago she would have been delighted at this but now she felt nothing and then out of concern for matt's ego she decided not to push him away but wait for him to make a move. Matt raised his head up on his hands and asked Lucy if she was okay?

She told him she was. Then he relaxed resting on his elbows, knowing that every move he made from here on was important. He looked down at his wife, wondering why he'd never felt this attracted to her before? God he had to be really crazy to be willing to lose someone as great as Lucy. Then a bulb came on in his head as he suddenly remembered Beth, instantly he stood up and helped Lucy up too.

Lucy felt oddly disappointed but she wasn't sure why. Either because she didn't get a chance to rebuff her husband's moves or because for a split second she actually got excited thinking about what could happen. She tried masking it up as matt was suddenly concerned over her well being and carefully looking her all over to see if she was hurt, she felt so touched by it all that she gave in to the tearful emotion welling up inside her.

She closed her eyes and imagined a world where it would have been perfectly natural for her to hold matt's head and kiss him, a world where she didn't have to be afraid of been cast aside when the phone rang. Opening her eyes she saw matt looking at her closely and felt that somehow he'd guess her thoughts. Feeling the prickling of the tears again she turned her face away. When did it become so prideful and dignifying for women to act sexually aloof, here she was tingling from the sensations her earlier scuffle with her husband had aroused and who could blame her. She'd not been made love to in 5 and half years! She'd came close few days ago when she tried to seduce her husband and now yet a little closer again and the only thing stopping her from being rightfully fulfilled was another woman! Elizabeth Morgan. Oh! May God reward you according to your deeds. She silently cursed.

There was silence now, nobody knew what to say anymore, for nothing could change the pain and hurt the last few minutes had created, nothing could erase the moments that had just passed, nothing could mend the rip in this marriage except God intervened? Matt took a deep breath and lifted the brown large envelope that was on the coffee table and handed it to Lucy. It was the divorce papers, his lawyer had prepared them for him earlier in the day, he'd come home hoping to find something to hang on to as a reason for his leaving her since he knew Lucy would never file for divorce no matter how rotten this marriage got. He and Beth needed to be together openly, she'd spent the last few years patient with him to come to this conclusion on his own without her interference and only when he'd mentioned his thoughts about it had he seen the look of excitement in her eyes, that told him everything he needed to know about her need for not to be kept a secret any longer. Coming back to present, he heard the tears before he actually saw them. Lucy was shedding them quietly looking down at the papers in her hands.

IT CONTINUES STILL.....

1 Like

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by queenitee(f): 5:14pm On Oct 24, 2016
Olajhidey22:

I've started updating now oh, and you have ran away embarassed
Don't mind me oo,I will make sure I catch up when I'm back
Sha continue updating
Thanks for the updates

1 Like

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 6:02pm On Oct 24, 2016
CONTD...

He felt bad. He felt terrible like a monster. For the past few hours, had been hell for both of them. He never imagined this was how it was going to turn out. Here was his wife, lucy crying her heart out for doing nothing but stand by him, refusing to be free of his presence in her life, when he couldn't wait to be rid of hers. Did he ever love her at all? He wasn't sure how to answer that question yet. He went to his wife lifted her to her feet and hugged her tenderly. She let him hug her, sobbing heavily, her slim frame racked by the silent sounds she made.

Lucy knew this was it for their marriage. She was forever dammed to die unfulfilled and unloved by any man for only death not divorce could free her from her vows. No paper could release her to find love elsewhere ever again not even with Logan, she could not risk eternal damnation just for happiness here on earth. That was how much she loved her God. It's so sad and actually ironic as she thought of it, to wait in obedience to God to have a taste of something and then to permanently be dammed never to taste it again with anyone else. If it wasn't so painful, she would actually be laughing.

Matt was glad that the sobbing was subsiding. He wanted to believe it was a good sign that Lucy was coming to terms with reality. Pulling apart slightly, he looked at her face, swollen from tears, and felt his heart pull at him from all sides, why was he doing this again? He found himself wondering if Beth was suddenly worth the effort. Beth was great in bed but would she also be a wife and mother to his kids.

Lucy made her decision there and then, for she realized looking around the lounge at the few details she'd missed when she stepped into lounge after seeing Logan off. Matt had made up his mind a long time ago, he already had his overnight bag packed meaning he was leaving her with or without her consent. She looked up at him again, wondering how her face must look by now, definitely not endearing but who cares, it's not like he'd noticed her all these years. Funny that she'd blamed herself all this while for the state of things only to realize that the only time she ever felt connected to her husband was just in the first few months of their marriage. She wondered if she hadn't gotten pregnant how different things would be, then deciding she didn't like this train of thought for she loved her kids dearly, she tuned her mind back to the present. Picking up the pen on the table she proceeded to sign the papers.

Matt was stunned at Lucy's change of heart. He thought she'd plead with him and cry again. Asking himself if he really wanted this after all, he watched as Lucy finished signing returned the papers back into the envelope and handed it to him, her face unreadable. Tell Beth well played, she won! Receiving the envelope from her hand he felt helpless, a part of him hadn't thought this through at all, he'd thought he would catch some secret act between her and Logan that would justify his actions but now he realized that the joke was on him. Reaching for his overnight bag, he said goodbye to his soon to be ex wife, told her he would have his lawyer speak to her and make sure she got half of everything. He promised he would be very generous to her and the kids, so long as she gave him access to them he pleaded. She nodded agreeing to that too. Confused at the turn of events, he turned around dazed and walked towards the door, slowly opening it; he stepped out and shut the door on his first marriage firmly. He stayed put at the door rooted to the spot reality hitting him, and only then did he hear the wails that came from inside the house.

Lucy realized that for her to be able to get over the events of the night, she needed to keep her behavior on the dignifying level. Finding the strength within her she'd made it through the last few minutes, but now with matt gone for good, she released the torrents of tears that were threatening to tear her insides apart, cursing the day that Elizabeth Morgan was born into this world. Calling upon her creator, who is the father of the fatherless to fight for her, and restore her marriage. Abba father! She cried deliver me from the judgment of this world, have I not served you in spirit and in truth, Jehovah arise and let my enemies be scattered, arise and restore my inheritance unto me. Praying and speaking in tongues through tears, she gave in eventually to the darkness of sleep that enveloped her.

Matt stayed outside the door for a while, thinking his actions through wondering if God could really answer those dangerous prayers that he'd heard Lucy pray. His heart began to beat faster, he realized suddenly that he was truly afraid of God especially now that Lucy had gone and reported him to Him. His phone rang, it was Beth

Hi sweetie her sexy voice greeted been awaiting your call for a while, how did it go?

Great he sighed, I've just left her now and I'm on my way to you. He answered tight lipped.

Wow! That was quick did you catch her doing something dirty with Logan she asked eagerly

Feeling suddenly protective of his wife he said to her I really don't think that's any of your business Beth, you wanted me to yourself now you do ,I hope you're happy now as I just caused the mother of my children so much needless pain, well see you soon, and with that he ended the call. Got into his jaguar and drove off, more confused that ever hoping Beth had some wonderful time planned out for the night for he needed to get his mind off a lot of things. Letting his thoughts dwell on that he drove off into the night.

Beth smiled shakingly as she put down the phone, her conversation with matt leaving her hesitatingly excited. She should be excited! She told herself this was what she wanted, maybe not so quickly she'd assumed the whole divorce thingy would take a while to drag out, from the time it would take Lucy to sign the papers to the settling process and then the final divorce.

But with what matt told her, the first part was speedily over, she now suddenly and truly had him to herself strings and all it was as if Lucy had chewed him and spat him out the first chance she got, leaving her with the leftovers, and she Elizabeth never needed leftovers when she could have the whole platter. Looking at the time 10.45pm matt would be here in 20 minutes assuming no traffic, and for the first time since the affair began Beth found herself suddenly uncomfortable.

To Be Continued...

SOURCE: http://gospelbreed.com/2016/09/mercy-said-no-episode-13/
Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 6:03pm On Oct 24, 2016
queenitee:

Don't mind me oo,I will make sure I catch up when I'm back
Sha continue updating
Thanks for the updates

You are welcome! smiley
Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 6:04pm On Oct 24, 2016
The story continues tomorrow smiley smiley smiley
Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Tori46(f): 6:21pm On Oct 24, 2016
This Matt is an ingrate, I really dislike him. Lucy was too spiritual that was why she didn't see what she was supposed to see. Anyways, I'm so loving this story

1 Like

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Missmossy(f): 6:40pm On Oct 24, 2016
Aww things women go through embarassed really pity Lucy. Keep it coming, more wisdom to the author.

2 Likes

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by queenitee(f): 6:48pm On Oct 24, 2016
Olajhidey22:
The story continues tomorrow smiley smiley smiley
Tomorrow!!! sad sad

1 Like

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Babysuccess02(f): 9:53pm On Oct 24, 2016
Matt Lacks Wisdom. He Is Stupid Nd Heartless Even Towards His Children. What Beth Dnt Knw Is Dat Matt Is Goin To Maltreat Her Mre Dan He Did To Lucy.

1 Like

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by istanboi: 10:49pm On Oct 24, 2016
Interesting read I must say..Lucy should have seen "war room" grin grin her problem would have seized long before

3 Likes

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by istanboi: 10:53pm On Oct 24, 2016
Interesting read I must say but lucy should have see that movie.. errmm WAR ROOM grin grin her problem would hv been solved long before

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Oly23(f): 11:17pm On Oct 24, 2016
Tori46:
This Matt is an ingrate, I really dislike him. Lucy was too spiritual that was why she didn't see what she was supposed to see. Anyways, I'm so loving this story
I agree with you on the Matt side but on the Lucy side it's a big no I think she was too strong headed and self willed not so much as spiritual, she saw the signs and chose to interpret them another way, most times God wouldn't force His will on us He gives us little signs here and there and expects us to pick up the signal how you interpret it is up to you! Sometimes it's just mercy that helps us and keeps us in track!

1 Like

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by queenitee(f): 7:48am On Oct 25, 2016
Oly23:

I agree with you on the Matt side but on the Lucy side it's a big no I think she was too strong headed and self willed not so much as spiritual, she saw the signs and chose to interpret them another way, most times God wouldn't force His will on us He gives us little signs here and there and expects us to pick up the signal how you interpret it is up to you! Sometimes it's just mercy that helps us and keeps us in track!
That's it jareh

1 Like

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 9:32am On Oct 25, 2016
Tori46:

Am really glad you love this smiley

1 Like

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Tori46(f): 9:36am On Oct 25, 2016
Oly23:

I still feel she was too spiritual, if not she should have evaluated her feelings or opened up to her mum or someone
Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Tori46(f): 9:38am On Oct 25, 2016
Olajhidey22:

Am really glad you love this smiley

We are waiting for the next update oooo

1 Like

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 9:51am On Oct 25, 2016
queenitee:

Tomorrow!!! sad sad

Ayam sorry nau, had to attend to some personal issh..... The story resumes back shortly, hang around pleasewink
Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 9:54am On Oct 25, 2016
istanboi:
Interesting read I must say..Lucy should have seen "war room" grin grin her problem would have seized long before

EXACTLY!! Don't mind her joor, she'll learn her lesson soon smiley
Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 10:00am On Oct 25, 2016
Oly23:

So thoughtful!... Really love your stand on this smiley

1 Like

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 10:16am On Oct 25, 2016
Episode 14

Matt drove through the stonehaven motorway into Aberdeen above the speed limit. His thoughts were occupied with tonight’s events. He found himself thinking back to the beginning, he thought of Lucy singing in the choir, Lucy in her wedding gown, their first few months together getting settled into married life,, he thought about few weeks ago when she’d set up the seductive scene all for his benefit, he thought of how humiliated she would have been when he’d up and left after Beth’s call not realizing that she’d known about her all along, he felt a pang in his heart and suddenly he realized he didn’t want this divorce. He loved his wife. Slamming the brakes he shouted to the empty car I Love my Wife, I want to be with Lucy over and over again like a mantra, he decided to turn the jag around at the next junction as he inched the car forward, but looking up he knew in that instant it would never, for heading towards his side with no clue as to how come was the tanker end of a diesel truck.

Scott made his living driving diesel tanks to and from filling stations. He often wondered about the death sentence that was his job should anything go wrong on the motorway, he’d come to know so particularly well. But this night it was too bad he hadn’t seen this one coming he thought, for one minute he’d been trying to tune the radio frequency to his favorite station and the next thing he knew the jag in front of him had slammed his brakes suddenly for no reason, while he tried to hit the brakes to avoid a collision, the other end of the truck containing the diesel suddenly disconnected from one of its connecting cables turned sideways and overturned the whole truck as it dragged it along, in the direction of the jag, there was a brief silence and suddenly a loud explosion.

Matt screamed No! Knowing it was too late as the truck slammed into his car making him unconscious instantly, his head slammed into the steering wheel engaging the air bag and that was all he would ever remember for in the next explosion that erupted, Matthew Peters died in the fire few minutes after he realized he’d made the biggest mistake of his life.

Lucy woke up with a start feeling suddenly fearful. Rising up her mouth felt dry, and she reluctantly remembered the reasons she’d been crying. Stepping into the kitchen, she poured herself a glass of water straight up from the tap, something she rarely did for she drank her water boiled, but hey! Nothing about this night was normal. The fearful feeling intensified again, and suddenly she realized that maybe she should pay more attention to this feeling, dropping the glass of water down, she ran upstairs to the master bedroom, reached for her bible on the drawer by her bedside holding it close to her as if for comfort, she started to pray earnestly. Something was wrong, she could sense it, the one scripture that kept screening to her mind over and over was psalm 123 ‘…though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil for thou hath with me…’ thinking of the boys, a sob escaped her throat as she fell to her knees, asking God to have mercy. She knew matt would probably be with his mistress by now so she didn’t think to pray for him at all. Suddenly reaching for her car keys, she looked at the time 11pm she could make it to her mother’s in 20 minutes max, something wasn’t right and she needed to be with someone who could bear the burden with her for a change. Rushing out she tried calling matt’s parents on their individual mobiles but the network was giving a busy signal. Feeling more worried for her kids she pulled the jeep out of the side road fast, speeding off into the night like a mad woman.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Source: http://gospelbreed.com/2016/09/mercy-said-no-episode-14/
Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 10:18am On Oct 25, 2016
CONTD.....

Logan and Naomi boarded their 11pm flight to New York, each leaving the other to their own thoughts. Logan knew Naomi was waiting for him to tell her everything especially since he’d stayed longer out with Lucy than he’d planned, but he wasn’t ready yet. He’d come home and went upstairs mulling quietly in his room and when the time came to drive to the airport, he’d brought their luggage down, and managed to cheer himself up enough to say goodbye to his family whose offer he’d refused to drive them to the airport. When they were inside the cab, he’d gone back to his quiet mood, and now with the plane taxing down the runaway headed for it’s destination, he heard Naomi ask him

So how did it go?

Signing he replied, better than I had imagined although we both think it’s best if we stayed away from each other.

I’m so sorry to hear that but you know it’s for the best, it could never have worked out any other way she replied softly squeezing his hand

Yeah! I know but I still don’t feel good about leaving her. He said closing his eyes as he thought of Lucy’s revelation about matt’s infidelity.

Naomi knew that was her cue to keep quiet. Sadly she reminisced about the past few weeks in Scotland; she never imagined Lucy was going to turn out to be that friendly and sweet. For if she’d known she never would have said what she said, she’d thought she was protecting her friend from the wiles and subtleties of a woman who thought she had him where she wanted. But now because of her big mouth, lucy would never know the truth about her relationship with Logan. She turned her thoughts to her boys, looking forward to seeing them again praying that the time apart had brought Shane her cheating husband back to his senses.

IT CONTINUES STILL...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 10:22am On Oct 25, 2016
CONTD....

Lucy was few meters away into Aberdeen and couldn’t believe the traffic before her. At this time of the night! Why won’t people just stay in their homes, she thought as she shook her head. Luckily it was slowly moving and apparently an accident was the reason for it. A fire man stood at the side of the accident urging cars to move on as the whole drama unfolded behind him. They’d managed to put the disastrous fire out and were waiting for a cool off before the victims were brought out of the trucked and bagged.

As she got to his side she found herself thinking there was no way anyone could survive that fire accident and then she caught a glimpse of the remains of the jaguar.

Slowly and trancelike she stepped out of the car, the engine still running, she vaguely heard the man telling her to get back in the car, she heard the car behind her blaring it’s horn, she brushed aside the man’s hand as he made to grab her as she edged closely to the burnt jag determined to find out, her earlier fear gripping her suddenly again. Unaware that everything and everyone had gone still watching her and wondering who she was, she moved closer to the car and saw him still in the clothes he left the house with, his head on the steering wheel. And then she screamed, letting out a wail of someone in the deepest of pain, Matt! She cried, Matt! No! She screamed as hands grabbed her away shielding her from the grossly burnt image of her dead husband.

Grieg the fire brigadier knew something bad was about to happen as he watched the lady step out of the jeep, and brushed his hand aside. It all happened so fast, his ears were still ringing from the scream he knew would hunt his dreams for the next few nights. Grabbing her away from that horrific sight, he pulled her to his chest, doing his best to console her knowing it could never be enough. He saw that one of the TV news crew had arrived on the scene and were taking footage; he tried to block their view with his hands, wondering why these vultures always manage to act insensitive and predatorous. Looking at the traffic he saw that one of the policemen was driving her jeep off the road, so the other cars could move on. Looking around he searched for a safe place to take her to temporarily but he couldn’t find any, he decided to take her back to her jeep, just as the police detectives started coming towards their direction.

Do you know the victim? One of them asked showing her his badge his name was Paul

Yes! He’s my husband Lucy replied sobbing

The men looked at each other shaking their head as they looked down at the widow.

Paul decided it would be best if he spoke to her, so bending down he tried to speak to her with a soothing voice, as he tried to get the matt’s details out of her.

IT CONTINUES STILL...

1 Like

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by fairygeh(f): 10:23am On Oct 25, 2016
I absolutely love this story,
Olajyde,may the almighty God increase your wisdom, this story is the best story I have read and I mean it,i finished it from ur blog.
Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 10:25am On Oct 25, 2016
CONTD...

That Friday night, for those watching the late night TV shows hoping to fight off sleep, the breaking news on BBc1 Scotland was enough to send them straight to bed without the need of a buffer. But unfortunately Alice Lucy’s mum was among them and she watched shocked to see the identity of the woman screaming and wailing, being held by that kind fire brigadier. Lucy! She shouted at the TV, finding the strength to jump up with her 60 year old body she picked up her keys, running out to console her daughter knowing she would never be the same sweet Lucy again. For didn’t she know how painful the death of a loved could be having suffered the same pain herself when Mark Lucy’s father had died when Lucy was still young leaving her to raise their daughter all by herself.

All these she thought crying as she drove to the scene of the accident, her heart aching for her daughter, she closed her eyes briefly praying to God for strength for the family for the days ahead. Getting there she hastily packed her car by the Hard shoulder switched on her parking lights and crossed the road looking for her daughter, spotting her jeep she ran and tried to cross the yellow line that barred non-officials from entering the crime scene, when an officer tried to hold her back she screamed at him

Where’s my daughter? She demanded crying I just saw her on TV now

Looking at the jeep she waved towards it her hand, shouting Lucy! Lucy!

Lucy heard her name looked up and saw her mother waving at her, jumping out of the jeep almost tripping over Paul the detective bent in front of her. She ran towards her Mother her arms forward ready to be embraced. Alice pushed the officer aside apologizing as she ran to hold her daughter. Both women stood there holding each other watched by on-lookers as they cried their eyes out, there was nothing to say, they’d both being down this road before. Their tearful embrace was forever captured on tape as the scene would be played over the next few days on the news, the whole world watching, crying and saying a silent prayer for these two women who needed it most.

To Be Continued…Please Leave a Comment Behind!

SOURCE: http://gospelbreed.com/2016/09/mercy-said-no-episode-14/

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Blind Love / Love In A Circle / Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.